PDA

View Full Version : All my friends quiting the game for the same reasons

trikster77
02-22-2017, 03:20 AM
I play with a group of about 4-6 people on the regular. Not talking online friends only we get together crack open some beers and have a good ole lan party. The problem is all my friends have pretty much given up on this game and for good reasons. The first main reason is no dedicated servers the lag in this game is unreal you wont know it from playing by yourself but when your in a room with others with there PC's all playing you will see some ungodly lag from screen to screen its unreal. The second issue is Matchmaking or lack there of when we are in a party we almost never and I mean never get good MM just pure crazy unreal matches like 4 of us all around lvl 20-30 against prestige 3 players with full on gear loadouts.

How does this game ever plan on being competitive with this amount of lag I just cant see a way that legit tourneys can ever be held with FAKE P2P (no dedicated host).

Lufury
02-22-2017, 03:30 AM
First of all: To wish a Matchmaking that will put players which has the Same Level in a Game would be very very stupid. YOU CAN LEVEL UP AGAINST BOTS.!!!! Level says nothing but Hero Experience. I saw people Afk Matches to leech Exp. There should be a "New Account Filter thou".

And btw. If you wanna do a Lan why not go for a freaking 1v1 Tournament? You wont have any Issues there. Its just the 4v4 Modes lagging out. And in my opinion they are anyways just for Leveling up and doing Quests...

trikster77
02-22-2017, 03:33 AM
First of all: To wish a Matchmaking that will put players which has the Same Level in a Game would be very very stupid. YOU CAN LEVEL UP AGAINST BOTS.!!!! Level says nothing but Hero Experience. I saw people Afk Matches to leech Exp. There should be a "New Account Filter thou".

And btw. If you wanna do a Lan why not go for a freaking 1v1 Tournament? You wont have any Issues there. Its just the 4v4 Modes lagging out. And in my opinion they are anyways just for Leveling up and doing Quests...

We play in the bigger modes because everyone wants to play we dont want to duel we want to play together but the lag is atrocious. And MM needs to be balanced its not working maybe not by lvl but at least by win rate or something.

lucasnrachel
02-22-2017, 09:22 PM
How do you know the 8 rep guy doesn't have the same win rate as you lol. The raider and his spamming zone heavy attack? People don't really think about that . But yes the gear should be a little more fair. But anything above rep 3 is fair game thogether as of right now.

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 10:02 PM
First of all: To wish a Matchmaking that will put players which has the Same Level in a Game would be very very stupid.
The only very very stupid thing in this thread is what you just said there.

Actually it's quite the opposite of what you claim. Balanced and fair matchmaking is the most fundamental thing in a fighting game. It's as important as fluid controls, responsive combat and a stable infrastructure. People will quit left, right and center, if matches are lopsided and unfair. In case you haven't noticed, the playerbase is less than half of what it's been in little more than a week. If the constant complaints about matchmaking all over this forum, reddit and other places don't alarm you, the fact this game is bleeding players at an alarming rate should.

There's a new complaint about the unfair matchmaking every 15-30 minutes on /forhonorreddit. If that doesn't tell you anything about the sorry state of this game, you're either blind or completely oblivious to reality.

How do you know the 8 rep guy doesn't have the same win rate as you lol. The raider and his spamming zone heavy attack? People don't really think about that . But yes the gear should be a little more fair. But anything above rep 3 is fair game thogether as of right now.

Nice strawman. He can be as bad as he wants, if he gets revenge in 2-3 hits due to maxed gear. His maxed out attack and revenge attack will also 2shot you, when you have no gear while you'll deal reduced damage to him due to his boosted defense stat. Gear does matter. So does experience.

I can count the number of high level free kills I've encountered on one hand. A high level noob is not the norm, else people wouldn't complain as much.