PDA

View Full Version : How Revenge was supposed to work.

pure_energist
02-22-2017, 12:14 AM
I think most people saw the revenge mechanic as a fair way to deter being ganged up on and believe that is why Ubisoft created it. We didn't anticipate gear that would allow it to quickly activate when facing off 1V1. So we like it being used to punish multiple attackers and hate it being used to overpower in 1 VS 1. I think the developers were aware of this abuse and created the mechanic with good intentions but didn't know how to implement it correctly or ran into time constraints before fixing it. I believe revenge meter was only meant to build when confronted with multiple attackers. For the sake of the game I hope they know it needs to be fixed and will work it in on a patch. Now I would like to hear if anyone honestly believes this mechanic was always intended to work in its current state and why this would be good for the game. What justification can you state for why this mechanic isn't broken and what the developers might of been thinking if its working as intended.

Munktor
02-22-2017, 12:21 AM
If you're being overpowered by revenge in 1v1, you clearly are too foolish to just back off for a moment to let it wear off.

How can you see it activate and continue to stay in fighting range of the opponent?

The justification I have for it NOT being broken is you can literally avoid it 100% with zero stamina or blocking. That's right, you dodge backwards and continue to do so until they run out of revenge. Then you go back to chipping away at their life.

I'm amazed at how many people would rather rage about the mechanic instead of just backing off for a moment.

pure_energist
02-22-2017, 12:29 AM
The counter to your ( just stay away) argument is that player gains an obvious advantage by making you wait out his revenge meter. Especially with modes where being ganged up on happens frequently and having only a few moments to truly square off 1 vs 1 is rare. This staying away also provides the revenge player time to adjust his surrounding or even run away should they decide their health is too low to keep the encounter going. Its a big advantage to either be OP when facing off or have the time to wait for reinforcement, or the time to run away. If facing off 1 vs 1 means having to wait out revenge mode several times therefore allowing time for team members to swarm then its doing the opposite of how we thought it was suppose to work.

The4ngryLem0n
02-22-2017, 12:35 AM
The revenge is mostly a 'go away' mode. You become more dangerous but it's still a matter of staying in range. If you're getting ganged up on, they usually scatter since there's a good chance at least one of them will go down and none of them wants it to be them. But in a 1v1, you can simply run and dodge until their revenge goes away.

EDIT: Just saw your second response. In a 4v4 scenario, running away is just part of the battlefield. Many classes, particularly the tanks, have their entire class concept revolve around survivability and biding their time until help arrives in losing battles. You have to think strategically about this. As a revenge player, do I want to risk my life and kill my opponent knowing I'll be weak the moment my glow goes away or do I run? And as the opponent, do I want to let the revenge player run away while I focus on something else or do I stay in pursuit and strike when he becomes vulnerable again?

Wolf-Heathen
02-22-2017, 12:38 AM
If you're being overpowered by revenge in 1v1, you clearly are too foolish to just back off for a moment to let it wear off.

How can you see it activate and continue to stay in fighting range of the opponent?

The justification I have for it NOT being broken is you can literally avoid it 100% with zero stamina or blocking. That's right, you dodge backwards and continue to do so until they run out of revenge. Then you go back to chipping away at their life.

I'm amazed at how many people would rather rage about the mechanic instead of just backing off for a moment.

Because that is counter-intuitive to play. I just landed a combo and have my opponent staggered, "Oh, better not press my advantage. I'll just back up and let him recover." That is a ridiculous assumption in a fighting game. Never mind the fact that you have ppl stacking gear that gives you revenge on getting hit. So you're literally getting rewarded for getting out-skilled. Again, how does that make any sense? Lastly, you cannot see your opponent's meter, so you have no idea how close they are, or when to re-engage if you back off. It's stupid how fast revenge kicks in, and needs to be adjusted.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 12:50 AM
You have to take into consideration that some people use revenge to run away too. In 1v1 the revenge meter should absolutely NOT charge. Nothing worse than totally wrecking someone and them bam, all the sudden they launch you to you back and smash you with a heavy that takes 60%-70% of your health. I see more and more people that are geared completely for revenge too.

Sakkaros
02-22-2017, 01:44 AM
Because that is counter-intuitive to play. I just landed a combo and have my opponent staggered, "Oh, better not press my advantage. I'll just back up and let him recover." That is a ridiculous assumption in a fighting game. Never mind the fact that you have ppl stacking gear that gives you revenge on getting hit. So you're literally getting rewarded for getting out-skilled. Again, how does that make any sense? Lastly, you cannot see your opponent's meter, so you have no idea how close they are, or when to re-engage if you back off. It's stupid how fast revenge kicks in, and needs to be adjusted.

This. All of this.

DemonReborn23
02-22-2017, 01:48 AM
The counter to your ( just stay away) argument is that player gains an obvious advantage by making you wait out his revenge meter. Especially with modes where being ganged up on happens frequently and having only a few moments to truly square off 1 vs 1 is rare. This staying away also provides the revenge player time to adjust his surrounding or even run away should they decide their health is too low to keep the encounter going. Its a big advantage to either be OP when facing off or have the time to wait for reinforcement, or the time to run away. If facing off 1 vs 1 means having to wait out revenge mode several times therefore allowing time for team members to swarm then its doing the opposite of how we thought it was suppose to work.

Also atack the backs dont go full ****** just because you are 3 v 1 you will get killed against a revenge he will dodge parry and kill you guys one by one or all at the same time

DemonReborn23
02-22-2017, 01:52 AM

But you can see them getting full revenge it shines yellow on your enemies before they activate so you know that they have revenge so why engage ??? why dont you wait for them to activate instead of atacking and getting on ground serious