PDA

View Full Version : Revenge mechanic needs an immediate nerf

Sakkaros
02-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Sorry, but this mechanic is ruining the game. Most of the players gearing up are all going to a "Revenge Build", meaning that they have no intention of ever learning to play properly. They simply want to block a couple times so they can get super pwerful and then try to destroy their opponent. Excuse me, but since when did one or two hits make someone aggro that hard? This mechanic is SO dumb. Even if I beat them, I have to waste twice as much time doing so. Are there any plans to even address this? I'm about to join the rest of the masses and simply quit. Too many things in this game that make you angry instead of having fun. Sorry, Ubi.

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 10:35 PM
Sorry, but this mechanic is ruining the game. Most of the players gearing up are all going to a "Revenge Build", meaning that they have no intention of ever learning to play properly. They simply want to block a couple times so they can get super pwerful and then try to destroy their opponent. Excuse me, but since when did one or two hits make someone aggro that hard? This mechanic is SO dumb. Even if I beat them, I have to waste twice as much time doing so. Are there any plans to even address this? I'm about to join the rest of the masses and simply quit. Too many things in this game that make you angry instead of having fun. Sorry, Ubi.

There are a few ways to prevent this being an issue. If they are a high rep, don't gank unless you know you can get the kill, or just move away when they pop revenge. It isn't powerful if they can't attack you.

Recpit
02-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Do you understand that if you get revenge after 3 parry there is something wrong? Sometimes in a 1v1 my opponents manage to get revenge 2-3 times before me or him die, is this even normal?

YappysDaBeast
02-21-2017, 10:45 PM
I rarely get Revenge in 1v1 encounters. And I'm revenge specced...

TBH_Saeko_Irri
02-21-2017, 11:05 PM
I think just people need to learn when to hit and not to spam attacks especially when they 2 or more people attack on 1. The sad thing of the story is most of the people try get the kill for some reason and this attack spam is it punishing those who are playing without brain

Munktor
02-21-2017, 11:06 PM
There are a few ways to prevent this being an issue. If they are a high rep, don't gank unless you know you can get the kill, or just move away when they pop revenge. It isn't powerful if they can't attack you.

I keep trying to tell people to just back away from revenge, but they keep running in and dying and complaining how it's OP.

Sakkaros
02-21-2017, 11:16 PM
It has nothing to do with whether or not you win against an opponent who pops it. Explain to me why it's acceptable to allow a player to get that powerful after a couple hits? Are you seriously telling me that I should "back away" from a player I'm destroying simply because Ubi decided to add a ridiculous mechanic to the game that gives them superman strength and huge health bosts after a couple blows? It's a comp[letely unnecessary mechanic that was added because Ubi KNEW that people wouls zerg each other, so they figured this would fix that. Instead, it just made the game even less fun.

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 11:22 PM
It has nothing to do with whether or not you win against an opponent who pops it. Explain to me why it's acceptable to allow a player to get that powerful after a couple hits? Are you seriously telling me that I should "back away" from a player I'm destroying simply because Ubi decided to add a ridiculous mechanic to the game that gives them superman strength and huge health bosts after a couple blows? It's a comp[letely unnecessary mechanic that was added because Ubi KNEW that people wouls zerg each other, so they figured this would fix that. Instead, it just made the game even less fun.

You're reply was somewhat hard to understand at first. You are pretty much saying that you are not leaving him because you are beating him, despite having 'superman strength and huge health boosts'. Not sure why when revenge lasts for a very short period of time.

RaidoKnight
02-21-2017, 11:27 PM

loool I play 1v1 with a 108 gear guy, I hit him 3 times (not even blocked) he use revenge, I fall down and im get 85% dmg with 1 hit. so balanced, so fun.

Sakkaros
02-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Allow me to clarify. Recently, I've noticed that players will block a couple of my attacks and instantly get a revenge. This is within the first 30 seconds of a game starting. I assumed that "revenge" was like "Adrenaline", where it made you stronger after you needed it. Whatever the case, I'l stay and fight. I'll dodge his attacks, blah blah, and then try to kill him once there's an opening or his revenge ends. Great. Meanwhile, that gives him an extra 10 seconds or so to try and kill me while his buddies show up and do the same. All because of a fictional mechanic that would NEVER happen in a real fight. It just needs to be toned down. If it were me, I'd never have added it to the game. It's pointless. All it does is give trolls one more exploit to abuse and ruin the game for the rest of us. Even IF it worked to fend of multiple oppnents, Ubisoft's decision to use P2P servers makes it almost impossible to land real blocks all of the time. How many videos are there out there of blocking NOT working when it should? So why even bother?

pure_energist
02-21-2017, 11:49 PM
I can only believe this mechanic was in place to discourage multiple attackers. Therefore, the easiest fix to this mechanic is to only allow it to activate when being attacked by multiple players. Since this mode obviously increases quicker when multiple attackers are present then it shouldn't be difficult to tune it so it ONLY actives with multiple attackers. Solo issue is fixed and we are happy to see it pop quickly when being ganged up. I suspect this was the intended purpose and its just currently broken. IF they intended revenge to work in its current state then I can only ask WHY???!!