PDA

View Full Version : Any idea on a fix for having a RED NAT?

xJayzenx
02-21-2017, 08:34 PM
I am on vacation this week and the wife is working. It's been years since I have had this much free time to myself. So, I looked forward to playing a bit of For Honor.

However, for the last 2 days I have done nothing but read up on solutions and trying everything I can find to fix this problem. DMZ / open ports / bypass router / disable firewall. Nothing seems to work.

Before a few days ago, through the beta and launch I never had a SINGLE problem. Always green NAT, all the time. I just don't understand why it changed? Here and there when I launch the game, I will have a yellow NAT and can join a game for a few minutes, only to be greeted by error 0060000618. Which makes it even more confusing. Why will it work "sometimes"? If it was a blocked port in some way, would'nt that mean it would never work?

At this point, i'm just wondering if I should at least try and get a refund. I really like this game but i'm beyond working on it more than playing it because of the state it's in. Also, there isn't much talk that I can find to resolve this issue.....

Thoughts?

Drekle
02-21-2017, 08:58 PM
Provide the community with the manufacturer of your router and I am sure you will get some help. I am familiar with netgear currently.

If you are bypassing your router I don't think there is any NAT to be done, so that should fix it. Some modems come with a built in router, if they have more than one ethernet jack in the back they have a built in router. While in the windows cmd prompt if "ipconfig /all" lists your Ethernet Adapter Ethernet IPv4 address as something other than what IP Chicken Gives you than there is translation to be done, and your modem could be the culprit. Again perhaps provide the make/model of the modem.

https://portforward.com/help/for-honor/

TBH_Saeko_Irri
02-21-2017, 09:01 PM
I have the same problem i've trying everything I see on UBI Support site and not only and still nothing I don't know what else to do is really annoying...

Drekle
02-21-2017, 09:06 PM
I have the same problem i've trying everything I see on UBI Support site and not only and still nothing I don't know what else to do is really annoying...

what equipment?

Predictt
02-21-2017, 09:08 PM
I am on vacation this week and the wife is working. It's been years since I have had this much free time to myself. So, I looked forward to playing a bit of For Honor.

However, for the last 2 days I have done nothing but read up on solutions and trying everything I can find to fix this problem. DMZ / open ports / bypass router / disable firewall. Nothing seems to work.

Before a few days ago, through the beta and launch I never had a SINGLE problem. Always green NAT, all the time. I just don't understand why it changed? Here and there when I launch the game, I will have a yellow NAT and can join a game for a few minutes, only to be greeted by error 0060000618. Which makes it even more confusing. Why will it work "sometimes"? If it was a blocked port in some way, would'nt that mean it would never work?

At this point, i'm just wondering if I should at least try and get a refund. I really like this game but i'm beyond working on it more than playing it because of the state it's in. Also, there isn't much talk that I can find to resolve this issue.....

Thoughts?

I used to always have issues with my nat too. Opening ports isnt enough for me. Sounds dumb but it works for my friends and I to reset your router then it will be open for me. Just reset router.

palbernaz85
02-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Do you have a modem or modem/router from your ISP and a separate router? If so, it's ideal to turn the modem/router into a bridge ("disable residential gateway" type setting) and allow your separate router to do all the extra work. If you port forward on your router that's connected to the modem/router it will not function unless you switch the modem/router into a "bridge mode". A software firewall can also interfere if you don't add in the exceptions. If this is your scenario then I hope this helps, or else it probably won't benefit you at all.

I had a yellow NAT at first and couldn't get into any game and this solved my problem.

xJayzenx
02-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Cable Modem = Xfinity
HW Version: 1.5
Vendor: Technicolor
BOOT Version: 2.1.8_Technicolor
Core Version: 01.E6.01.22.25
Model: TC8305C
Product Type: Technicolor DOCSIS 3.0 Packet Cable 2.0 advanced cable gateway
Flash Part: 64 MB
Download Version: 01.E6.01.22.25
Serial Number: 1335207725

My router that has been connected is by NETGEAR

I tried running in bridge mode with no changes. I also, unplugged everything from my router and placed into the modem." There are 4 ethernet ports on the back of the modem". Restarted everything, still the same results. Solid RED NAT....

Drekle
02-21-2017, 10:07 PM
My router that has been connected is by NETGEAR

Cant help much with the modem. Maybe this can...
https://portforward.com/technicolor/tc8305c/

If you go to 192.168.1.1 default credentials for netgear are admin/password

is UPnP enabled?

http://i.imgur.com/OcaEm0g.jpg

I don't forward any ports, I just have this enabled and it seems to resolve my NAT issues.

If you don't want to enabled UPnP for security reasons, you can update your port forwarding rules here to the ones in my link above.
https://portforward.com/help/for-honor/

Again, I don't do this however so I cant validate it.

xJayzenx
02-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Finally, after fooling with this WAY longer than I wished, it seems I figured out the "mistake" that was made on my part. When doing DMZ/ Port forwarding, the IP must be that of you're ps4. In my case it wasnt, so those efforts were useless. Once I changed all the forwarded ports to the correct IP, my NAT is now fully green again. Rookie mistake.....I know.

However, all of this was new to me. I learned a lot by dealing with this problem. I just never thought I would be dealing with these headache's via console....

Thank you all for you're replies/ suggestions. All valid points!

So, yeah I'm getting to play the game now, but at what security risk?

TBH_Saeko_Irri
02-22-2017, 01:27 AM
what equipment?

I have a Technicolor TG788vn v2