PDA

View Full Version : Those in Diminion that refuse to play the objectives.....

Panzer_Cmndr
02-21-2017, 08:26 PM
You know the ones, those with ZERO objective captures that do nothing at all, nada, zip, for the team at all but rather run around and get "muh killz!!111!!!!!1!". Im certain that there are a number of scenarios in For Honor that are just that, Death Match and Duel comes to mind for basic KD buffing. If you are going to get into a match that has objectives, at least put forth the effort as a team player to win the friggin match! (While you are at it, wouldnt hurt to rez people as you run by them as well.)

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 08:30 PM
You know the ones, those with ZERO objective captures that do nothing at all, nada, zip, for the team at all but rather run around and get "muh killz!!111!!!!!1!". Im certain that there are a number of scenarios in For Honor that are just that, Death Match and Duel comes to mind for basic KD buffing. If you are going to get into a match that has objectives, at least put forth the effort as a team player to win the friggin match! (While you are at it, wouldnt hurt to rez people as you run by them as well.)

I don't get people that play for only kills, I mean go play deathmatch or skirmish. Also in my experience of running from A to C and occasionally B, I always have the most captures but I will also mainly have the most kills, so I am not too sure why they don't just play like that.

forrest0755
02-21-2017, 08:34 PM
It is the worst. I have had games with 3 teammates that didnt capture a single objective. I had the least kills on my team, but still the most points because I had 5 objectives captured to their 0. Of course we lost very quickly because it is hard for 1 person to hold a single objective, let alone 3 of them.

Panzer_Cmndr
02-21-2017, 08:35 PM
(Hate that image verification crap) Anyways, I play objective style matches, no use for duels and such as I really am not into comparing Epeens with people. LOL. I enjoy the competition and battle scenarios involved in Dominion, holding an area, using tactics as much as possible in a game, and go for both captures and kills but I tend to focus on captures as that is what wins the round. A and C of course but the main battle takes place at B!

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 08:51 PM
If people want kills, thats why Skirmish exists, its literally dominion without objectives.

tonycawley69
02-21-2017, 08:51 PM
You see, I actually think there's place on a team for one guy who doesn't worry about the objective and just gets kills. Remember, while the other team is caught up in fighting them and being dead, they can't be attacking or defending objectives.

Karma_Ghost
02-21-2017, 08:56 PM
You see, I actually think there's place on a team for one guy who doesn't worry about the objective and just gets kills. Remember, while the other team is caught up in fighting them and being dead, they can't be attacking or defending objectives.

Those people are fully capable of fighting on control points. Killing enemies doesn't mean you have to abandon the objectives.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 09:57 PM
I play with 4 folks. We play with 4 distinct components to our group.

Assassins - We're grabbing points and putting pressure on teams
Heavy - Sitting on B taking out minions and opposing players as necessary
Vanguar - Helping with B and auxiliary point (A | C) as necessary
Hybird - Kill everything that moves. Capture points if it's part of the kill.

Now having said that you see we have 1 player who's not "capturing" locations. Not 2 or 3 of them.

Those people are fully capable of fighting on control points. Killing enemies doesn't mean you have to abandon the objectives.

PlagueGripes
02-21-2017, 10:06 PM
Well, if you capture a zone, you get +100 points. If you lose it, you lose -100 points. If you own a point, you get +1 a second to your score. If you also have one person standing in it, that's +2 to score.

So it's pretty obvious the intention is to have one person guarding each zone, one person at center and one person wandering as a sort of "jungler."

But no one does that, do they? Unlike MOBA logic, if everyone gets into a giant death ball and just roams around the map, the point nearest them can't be taken by dead people, center will be overwhelmed very quickly and it's fairly easy to bottleneck an enemy team in their own spawn. In a MOBA, if a team tries to ball, you just push in their other lanes. There's also turrets that stop them from making too much initial progress early in the game, as they can't deal that much damage to the gated lanes.

Nothing like that in this game. It's obvious what the INTENT was. But nobody does that. Because there's no reason to bother.

Maarmang
02-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Even before the minion slaughter orders, I have been seeing alot of players just run straight to the spawn point and aoe for the whole match. Last night 3 of em were doing that not even killing the other teams heroes just aoe minions. So I saod screw it killed the heroes best I could but not at the objectives. Score was 150 to 1000 before they turned around. At one point they died and started spamming rez please so I ran up there walked around their bodies and ran back no rezs or effs given.

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Even before the minion slaughter orders, I have been seeing alot of players just run straight to the spawn point and aoe for the whole match. Last night 3 of em were doing that not even killing the other teams heroes just aoe minions. So I saod screw it killed the heroes best I could but not at the objectives. Score was 150 to 1000 before they turned around. At one point they died and started spamming rez please so I ran up there walked around their bodies and ran back no rezs or effs given.

You're not much better then really if you are not reviving them.

AkimuMC
02-21-2017, 10:25 PM
I have noticed that the "minion points" do not count as an "objective" on the score board. I play a lot of mid lane (minion objective) and do not get "captures" when my team takes that point... It is not scored to the player, though the team gets the +100 points.

So, I will end a lot of games with 0 in that category of score, but I swung that point in our favor a handful of times...

What I am saying is that the scoreboard can be decieving in this regard and you should pay attention to what your teammates are actually doing before going off the deep end about "PTFO!"

Dabeat.
02-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Well, there is an order to kill 400 minions... Be sure I'll have one or two games doing nothing else and not caring about winning or losing. I'm not gonna play 20 dominion matches to get in a natural way, that's common sense. It's just bad order design, they really should stop creating orders that encourage playing modes in an unintended and derogatory way.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Well, there is an order to kill 400 minions... Be sure I'll have one or two games doing nothing else and not caring about winning or losing. I'm not gonna play 20 dominion matches to get in a natural way, that's common sense. It's just bad order design, they really should stop creating orders that encourage playing modes in an unintended and derogatory way.

They create the order intending for you to take a few matches to get it done (5 dominion matches on average should do the trick). You get impatient and choose to do it in only 1 or 2 matches. You end up then blaming the developer for a choice you made because you're impatient and need to "be done with it".

That's poor logic imo, but each their own.

Gnarxly
02-21-2017, 11:09 PM

Point them in the Elimination direction. It's a mode made for them.

getatme94
02-21-2017, 11:15 PM
toooo be fair, "contested" flag (B or C) the one with the minions all over it. doesn't count towards caps, but killing the minions still gives you the X2 bonus, so someone with zero captures MIGHT have been holding down contested flag all game. which is playing the objective

Instanes
02-21-2017, 11:23 PM
I play the objective and I've been yelled at more than once by my own team for doing it and not going for kills >< Some people...

CarnivalLaw
02-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Agreed. Make it Zone Control, where capturing and holding zones are the ONLY way to score points.

Thanapetus
02-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Agreed. Make it Zone Control, where capturing and holding zones are the ONLY way to score points.

Or team king of the hill where the team with the most points scored controlling a zone wins.