PDA

View Full Version : Region lock and connection issues questions.

Huldrych-ZX
02-21-2017, 06:42 PM
On the official page it says, and I quote, "The two hard parameters are NAT and Player’s Continent. The two soft parameters are location (inside player’s continent) and Skill.". Having my NAT on green/open and residence in south america I'm still strugling to find matches for anything that isn't 1v1. My question is that in terms of region lock is America considered as one continent or as two, North and South (which shouldn't in my opinion. I have better connection with USA player than with brazilians in every single online game I play)?
This question raises as I try to find a match for 4v4 elimination with a "very high activity" indicator yet after a couple of minutes I get an error message.
Also, many people are reporting on steam and other forums several connectivity and matchmaking issues, yet none attached to specific gamemodes as I am. Could this be related to the current state of online, due region lock or something else?
Also, any help towards improving my connection that isn't port fowarding (alredy done) would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

BOT..Salty
02-21-2017, 11:10 PM
Don't they teach u in geography that there are 2 americas?

Huldrych-ZX
02-22-2017, 02:38 AM
The division of America is political, not geographical (smartass).