PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to find a main

Apaolo_
02-21-2017, 05:20 PM
So I've been playing since the open Beta and I can't for the life of me settle on a main.

I like Conqueror but get wrecked by assassins and I don't like spamming shield charge.

I love Valkyries playstyle and moveset but her damage is pathetic and I can't kill anyone (hopefully the patch helps).

I had success with Kensei but he seems too basic and easy to telegraph. Same with Warden, basic moveset and lots of shoulder charge spam.

I'm currently working on Zerk and it feels awesome. I like the combos, lots of moevement, aggressive playstyle but I get shutout by strong defensive characters.

I refuse to play the popular classes, Nobushi, Orochi or Peacekeepers. They're too ezmode and you see everyone and their mother playing them. I want a class that isn't seen as much that has a high skill ceiling.

Rezoh_Knight
02-21-2017, 05:31 PM
I want a class that isn't seen as much that has a high skill ceiling.

Kensei main here (Rep 3 right now). I think you should stick with him, it's a great class with lots of depth. Every day I'm lerning new things and he does not have any cheap or spammable tactics.

If you want to learn some tricks and mind games watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qycZA9Uyo

Hope it helps :)

Sauronbaine
02-21-2017, 05:39 PM
So I've been playing since the open Beta and I can't for the life of me settle on a main.

I like Conqueror but get wrecked by assassins and I don't like spamming shield charge.

I love Valkyries playstyle and moveset but her damage is pathetic and I can't kill anyone (hopefully the patch helps).

I had success with Kensei but he seems too basic and easy to telegraph. Same with Warden, basic moveset and lots of shoulder charge spam.

I'm currently working on Zerk and it feels awesome. I like the combos, lots of moevement, aggressive playstyle but I get shutout by strong defensive characters.

I refuse to play the popular classes, Nobushi, Orochi or Peacekeepers. They're too ezmode and you see everyone and their mother playing them. I want a class that isn't seen as much that has a high skill ceiling.

Wow its not just me struggling? Honestly, I haven't tried valk and I might just try her out. Its really hard to find a main. Conquerer sucks against any good player due to the fact if you parry his heavy you get a free guard break. Tested this out many times and its true. That right there alone was not worth a main slot period.

Kensei is the same way as conq. You can parry him easily and just chip away at him. That was annoying.

Warden is really good but hes really basic as well. Learn his moveset and counter him with ease. never had an issue against a warden((As a conq.))

Im looking at Valk and Shugoki right now. Lawbringer sucks *** right now and when he gets buffed, we're going to see a **** ton of him as well.

Shugoki and Valk are the two classes right now that looks good to me((Not many people and high skill ceiling.)

AkimuMC
02-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Kensei main here (Rep 3 right now). I think you should stick with him, it's a great class with lots of depth. Every day I'm lerning new things and he does not have any cheap or spammable tactics.

If you want to learn some tricks and mind games watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qycZA9Uyo

Hope it helps :)

Kensei here as well (1 more level to rep 4). I picked him because I liked the style of the character. Really no other reason... and just started playing... I do pretty well, and in the end I have fun (which is my measure of what a good game is).

Apaolo_
02-21-2017, 06:11 PM
To be honest Kensei was the character I had the most success with but I think it's because he's really good. His unblockable is easy to avoid but its his range and damage along with speed that really throw people off. He's probably the most well rounded classes I've played with, he's really solid. Has nice combos, especially the guard break to light attack to unblockable overhead is really powerful.

I dunno after I give Zerk a run maybe I'll just go back to Kensei. It's just a nice change of pace to play a faster character like the Zerk.

Per_Ole
02-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Just do like me, don't get a main. I play 6 different heroes, and I never stick with one for longer than a couple of matches.

Variety is the spice of life, and I get incredibly bored with just playing 1 hero, so I play about half of them :D

This also probably explains why I get thrashed in every single dominion I play, as I get matched up against people with 6 reputation while I have 1...

Apaolo_
02-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Just do like me, don't get a main. I play 6 different heroes, and I never stick with one for longer than a couple of matches.

Variety is the spice of life, and I get incredibly bored with just playing 1 hero, so I play about half of them :D

This also probably explains why I get thrashed in every single dominion I play, as I get matched up against people with 6 reputation while I have 1...

Haha exactly man that's the problem. I'll be a level six going against Prestige 4 Peacekeepers with a gear score of 80+ it sucks!

Rithuamh
02-21-2017, 11:18 PM
but I get shutout by strong defensive characters.

That's odd to me. I love fighting high defense characters, especially particularly slow ones like Shugoki. It's the assassins that get to me. I can't deal with Peacekeeper too well yet. Not consistently, at least, and not against particularly good players.

Prophit618
02-21-2017, 11:50 PM
I personally main a Peacekeeper, and have since closed beta. But if you find her popularity off-putting, and have expressed the problems with the other classes you did, I would definitely suggest sticking with berserker. They're fast, good damage, and in skilled hands very hard to predict and thus easy to lose control of. They're easily one of my top 3 classes to play just as far as fun is concerned (Valkyrie is the other one, damage problems or not, her style is a very fun one to play).

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Shugoki all day, baby. He's the character I see the least out of everyone, so I love maining him on that principle alone. I think once people discover how broken he is, we'll see a lot more of him.

Kaijudub
02-21-2017, 11:57 PM
I honestly think they've all got pro's and cons, which is what makes the game great.

The more i play with the Warden the more i get into parrying.