PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of gearing system? Does it even work?

Urantus
02-21-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm gear lvl 50 with maxed sword for attack (blue 12) as a WARDEN. I meet players with lvl 1 gear on dominions and I don't see that I do any more damage than to geared people.
So whats the point of maxing gear?

Dez_troi_aR
02-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Yes, of course it works.
But this is not a RPG where your gear determines your success. This is a skillbased game and the gear should only be there for finetuning.

Also the different chars have different live-pools, dont forget.

feuerundblut
02-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Trust me, the difference is real. Just got a high running speed blue item on my PK and now she flies :D

Allyrion8
02-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Your attack will be similar unless the enemy boosts the defense stat on the weapon.

You should be comparing your damage to the same character with a worse weapon to see the difference rather than using the same weapon on different people.

Outside of the different heroes innate defense and hp, only the defense stat on the weapon seems to reduce damage. And that comes at the cost of stamina reduction and attack. It's possible that higher level people have even less defense if they maxed attack like you did.

So yea, compare it to a lower weapon, not hitting different level people.

Urantus
02-21-2017, 06:16 PM
This has no sense. Im 78 lvl gear now purple. I fought lvl 10 gear people. My sword has full attack power. The bar is almost all white and my damage so pathetic. So I would liketo know how this attack bar has to go with actual percentage of damage. Because I think its like maybe not even 5% more damage than gear1. So I think it sucks.

Urantus
02-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Your attack will be similar unless the enemy boosts the defense stat on the weapon.

You should be comparing your damage to the same character with a worse weapon to see the difference rather than using the same weapon on different people.

Outside of the different heroes innate defense and hp, only the defense stat on the weapon seems to reduce damage. And that comes at the cost of stamina reduction and attack. It's possible that higher level people have even less defense if they maxed attack like you did.

So yea, compare it to a lower weapon, not hitting different level people.

Yea but if you meet people LEVEL 1 GEAR means they have no gear equiped at all

The4ngryLem0n
02-21-2017, 06:26 PM
I don't see the issue of having gear that does little for stats. It's this reason I'm ok with the microtransactions being in the game. If the gear did make a big difference then the game would be pay to win. I mostly switch gear just to make my characters look cool because of how little they effect things.

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 06:33 PM
Yea but if you meet people LEVEL 1 GEAR means they have no gear equiped at all

It seems the damage stats in general aren't very impactful. I've noticed people get alot more out of revenge/sprint speed/debuff resist than attack stats.

l3x0rcist
02-21-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm gear lvl 50 with maxed sword for attack (blue 12) as a WARDEN. I meet players with lvl 1 gear on dominions and I don't see that I do any more damage than to geared people.
So whats the point of maxing gear?

Maybe stop complaining ? there's 30 rep levels (that's 630 regular levels), so to get 50 gears you're probably rep 1 or 2, that's nothing, of course your won't deal huge damage against level 1 oponents, you're not that far ahead.

tuniwutzi
02-21-2017, 06:55 PM
This has no sense. Im 78 lvl gear now purple. I fought lvl 10 gear people. My sword has full attack power. The bar is almost all white and my damage so pathetic. So I would liketo know how this attack bar has to go with actual percentage of damage. Because I think its like maybe not even 5% more damage than gear1. So I think it sucks.

I'd be interested in stats too. Especially since I'm still not sure what exactly certain stats, for example the defense stat on weapons, actually affect.

But for the attack stat, you could just test it yourself. Do a custom game vs. a level 1 bot without gear, hit him with an attack and see how much of his bars go down. Equip your gear, go against the same bot, do the same attack, look at the difference. I do think they should publish actual data though, since this is not very precise and other stats can't be tested as easily.

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 06:58 PM
So far I have maxed my attack, revenge duration and revenge attack. It seems pretty useful when you have the heroic gear.

KuroFurukou
02-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Preeettty sur he doesn't know stats are not activated for the Duel mode. :cool:
It's just cosmetic on 1vs1

Urantus
02-22-2017, 11:37 PM
I don't see the issue of having gear that does little for stats. It's this reason I'm ok with the microtransactions being in the game. If the gear did make a big difference then the game would be pay to win. I mostly switch gear just to make my characters look cool because of how little they effect things.

Oh come what stop with this pay to win crap. How its pay to win when I just bought the game for 40 euro deluxe version and paid as everyone else. I just farmed gear because thats what i like to do in this game. So youre saying you have free version? And you are free to play and othe rmillion players had to buy the game for 40-80 euro?
Logic.
Everyone can get good gear and its for FREE. ITS NOT DAMN PAY TO WIN.

Urantus
02-22-2017, 11:39 PM
It seems the damage stats in general aren't very impactful. I've noticed people get alot more out of revenge/sprint speed/debuff resist than attack stats.

Well yeah the revenge stat, sprint, revive speed they work perfectly. I just wonder how this attack stat works really. I would like to see some data because there is nothing so far. A lot of things is alos not explained in training mode nor anywhere else.

Urantus
02-22-2017, 11:40 PM
Maybe stop complaining ? there's 30 rep levels (that's 630 regular levels), so to get 50 gears you're probably rep 1 or 2, that's nothing, of course your won't deal huge damage against level 1 oponents, you're not that far ahead.

Where did you get info there is 30 reputation levels? oO I though level 5 prestige is max