PDA

View Full Version : Fool me once, Ubisoft

Mr.MokMok
02-21-2017, 04:08 PM
You got me good with the division. At least then I knew I was signing up for an rpg.

Why on earth does for honor have rpg elements. You don't have to give additional advantages to the people who are already able to play and practice the most.

If you wanted to reward them, just give them something shiny. That's all they actually need to be satisfied.

You've got about 1 month before For Honor hits the bargain bin, same as the division. You came so close to avoiding this by announcing free content add ons, then threw all that goodwill away with a play/pay to win model.

L33t haxors who rep up and min max their character are not enough to create longevity in a game. When they've pwned all the noobs away and they only have each other to fight, they will dip out.

I'm never buying another ubisoft product again and I've never been more disappointed in a game that I actually think is fun. (Even though you've effectively stripped away all but 2 game modes from me for the foreseeable future)

Winfieldt
02-21-2017, 04:16 PM
What, you don't enjoy playing a fresh hero against a 108 gearscore guy? Who would've thought! We actually needed proper matchmaking!

Well, either they fix the issues with gear/matchmaking(They do pose a combined problem) or this game will hit the ocean floor in 1-2months.

Agent-Zero-
02-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Problem no 1 IMO is the servers.

They need to implement servers.

At least you'll get a more consistent experience that way.
Atm it's not even workable when you are 1 time zone apart.

Because it tries to keep you as close to home as possible it will group you up with someone of a higher rank (read skill because rank is all it really is) before Language or region.
This is also partly because of player numbers. They just aren't high enough in every region.

What the hell do I care if the person I'm hacking to death speaks Cantonese, Russian or English? I just want a good game.
The messages can translate easily enough good fight means good fight and wow means wow in whatever langage it's sent in. (you can still see the message in your language at your end)

The reason they don't is because of the p2p system because if you're in London and you get hosted on a PC in North Korea then your response time is going to be in the toilet and you are definitely going to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, let me reiterate that I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME when it works, but I don't see myself sticking with it much until they fix the core issues, and the game has only been out for a week.
I've played it a lot in this week like 33 hours worth.

I'll be back once they do but yeah... Roll on Ghost Recon.... and The Division 1.6 this is going to take a while.

I mean sure The Division has and has had it's issues, but at least I can regularly play with people from all over without too much lag that you simply don't stand a chance!

Agent-Zero-
02-21-2017, 04:40 PM
You got me good with the division. At least then I knew I was signing up for an rpg.

Why on earth does for honor have rpg elements. You don't have to give additional advantages to the people who are already able to play and practice the most.

If you wanted to reward them, just give them something shiny. That's all they actually need to be satisfied.

You've got about 1 month before For Honor hits the bargain bin, same as the division. You came so close to avoiding this by announcing free content add ons, then threw all that goodwill away with a play/pay to win model.

L33t haxors who rep up and min max their character are not enough to create longevity in a game. When they've pwned all the noobs away and they only have each other to fight, they will dip out.

I'm never buying another ubisoft product again and I've never been more disappointed in a game that I actually think is fun. (Even though you've effectively stripped away all but 2 game modes from me for the foreseeable future)

btw if you haven't been back playing The Divison yet, give it a shot in 1.6. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how good it's become.

DKDNZ
02-21-2017, 04:51 PM
btw if you haven't been back playing The Divison yet, give it a shot in 1.6. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how good it's become.

Yeah what a future. the division needs 1 year to become good. So for honor will also be good 2018. :)

Agent-Zero-
02-21-2017, 04:57 PM
Yeah what a future. the division needs 1 year to become good. So for honor will also be good 2018. :)

Hey, at least we won't have to spend out money again to get it.

But yeah I hear you.

Though it was great after 1.4 then had a little dip due to the short PTS for 1.5 (Fecking exclusivity crap deals making them rush **** out) but 1.6 is going to be awesome.

Still a whole fecking year though.

Mr.Miyagi90
02-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Thing is ... they kinda made me never buying a ubisoft game ever again.
I refuse to pay 60!!!!!! euro for a game thatīs bareley even playable.

I wonder why i still play rainbow six siege.

Gnarxly
02-21-2017, 08:15 PM

If you are skilled you don't need gear to beat anyone.
Player skill and class knowledge is about 99% what matters.
15 hours on a char you can have epic gear easy. You will not become good with that char in this time (unless you are very talented), which is what matters really.
Now go cry some more.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 08:22 PM
If you are skilled .

This is so much uneducated inexperienced proper B U L L S H I T
The majority of players are around average skill NUFF SAID
Gear makes you 1 to 3 Shot people when the difference is big enough
No ****ing skill in the world will continually save you from this **** happening to you.

Now go play the game to get some experience ubifanboy