PDA

View Full Version : AI/PvP Difficulty Question

Baroni 88
02-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Does the AI difficulty increase after awhile? I noticed that I, all of a sudden, couldn't beat the bots as easily. My cousin and I play Brawls all of the time and we got our *** kicked like 3 times last night. I noticed the bots were level 2. Man they were annoying.

If anyone knows of a link or post that explains how and when bot difficulty increases, let me know.

Also, I wanted to know if, as you play pvp and get better, does it put you in higher brackets depending on your skill level? I started out doing really well but now I can't win a match. It's.... annoying.

DrExtrem
02-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Yes. The bots scale with your own skill.

They might not scale properly and the step up from tier one to tier two is yoo steep but they definitely scale up.

Btw. The bots @ level 2 start to cheat - and not only their guard adjustments are ludicrously inhuman.

Quillixx.
02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
There are 3 levels of bots, each level gets harder and harder. There are 2 ways you can identify the level.

First is by appearance:
Level 1 bots have a default class appearance, but will mix in some common (gray) armor.
Level 2 bots have rare (blue) armor appearance changes.
Level 3 bots have heroic (purple) armor and ornaments on their helms.

Second is if you die to one:
When you die, it will show the last 3 lines of damage you received from the combat log, along with the name and image of your killer. There is a subtitle there that will state the bot level.

As the level increases the bots will deploy additional tactics, for instance is guard break. If you are guard broken by a level 1 bot, they will do nothing and the guard break will expire with you pushing them away, if you didn't counter. Level 2 bots will push or do basic attacks during the guard break. While level 3 bots will combos, high damage attacks, or ledge pushing/environmental kills if you don't counter.

DrExtrem
02-21-2017, 05:17 PM
The level two bots will push you off cliffs and into murder holes, without thinking twice.

Baroni 88
02-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Dude, I didn't know any of this. Thanks for clarifying. I noticed they started throwing me off like nobody's business and it was out of nowhere. Great, gotta step up my game. And those guard breaks tho....

DrExtrem
02-21-2017, 06:11 PM
The ai will cheat nonetheless.

Even local games seem to be laggy, input is a b**** (how is this even possible?!?) and bots do very questionable things - especially in dominion.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Happened to me this morning. My daily order was to win a skirmish match against the AI. I got in there and literally started lagging. I don't think it's a connection issue, but rather an FPS issue. I find that most of the time when I get kicked the FPS seems to come to a stand still.

The ai will cheat nonetheless.

Even local games seem to be laggy, input is a b**** (how is this even possible?!?) and bots do very questionable things - especially in dominion.

Zerxis001
02-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Level 2 bots love to GB. I liked that it stepped up the difficulty. Makes you start practicing the things you didn't really need to steamroll level 1 bots.

DrExtrem
02-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Level 2 bots love to GB. I liked that it stepped up the difficulty. Makes you start practicing the things you didn't really need to steamroll level 1 bots.

But its too late at that point.

You should start to train counter GB fron the very start, because it is one of the most important techniques in the entire game.