PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy this game if you have dual XEONs

nothankyou1234
02-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Well, todays' update hasn't brought any cure to the launch problem that people with dual Xeons + hyperthreading have. The game won't launch for you and hang up on the splash screen if you are running this CPU.

I don't know in what world a game studio can release a game that doesn't even launch for some players and have the audacity to even charge for it.

People are STILL getting the following error: inject_impl.cpp (130) Getting thread context failed. System error code is 5

How can you be so unprofessional and not even aknowledge that this error exists , when so many people suffer from it?

Put your head in the sand until people forget about it ?

It costs more to fix your bugs than to deal with the possible refund of the people affected by it?

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 02:34 PM
I assume gamers running on dual xeons are a rare breed. I can see them taking this lightly compared to other stuff.

nothankyou1234
02-21-2017, 02:37 PM
I assume gamers running on dual xeons are a rare breed. I can see them taking this lightly compared to other stuff.

So you don't mention anything and let them spend 70 bucks via Steam only to then have them get this error and try and hope they forget or can't issue a refund? Not losing a single breath about this issue or mentioning it/ aknowledging that it even exists.

I guess in today's world that makes you a "savy businessman".

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 02:43 PM
So you don't mention anything and let them spend 70 bucks via Steam only to then have them get this error and try and hope they forget or can't issue a refund? Not losing a single breath about this issue or mentioning it/ aknowledging that it even exists.

I guess in today's world that makes you a "savy businessman".
doing a quick search about your error message i found a couple threads about the same issue for Rainbow 6 Siege. Seems like they eventually could play the game after deleting some files.

maybe call support idk.

*worst case scenario, pretty sure steam can refund any game that has less than 2 hours time played. if nothing can be done just yet you could probably get a steam refund and get the game later when/if it ends up being fixed.

When you go for *exotic* pieces of hardware, things like this are a risk.
I never got into the weird gpus like the TITAN for that reason.