PDA

View Full Version : Characters that need changes

Dingle_Joe
02-21-2017, 02:23 PM
So I think that for the most part the characters are actually balanced, I just think that there needs to be a few slight tweaks. For starters, I think raider needs more. Raider has almost no way of opening people up and the few ways he does, with his stunning tap cancel and dashes and his unblockable, are easily countered when you know what to look for. Then there's lawbringer, where honestly he's too slow and I've only seen people try to guardbreak throw him into a wall, go for 1 heavy, and guardbreak again, they just need to tweak a few things because his shove is honestly really good, it's just everything else needs to be sped up or somewhat guaranteed. Then there's conquerer. Conq right now is completely 1 dimensional, where you block, get a guaranteed gb, and then strong attack shield charge until they get out of it. There really isn't anything else to his character, besides running and shield bashing in 2v1s, but i do like his superior block on heavy startups, but as soon as someone knows what to look for it's basically useless. i think warlord, berserker, orochi, kensai,and valkyries are all fine, and I think shugoki is fine once he gets his few bugs fixed. But peacekeeper, warden, and nobushi are just over the top strong. Warden's 50/50 charge/guardbreak combo is just insane when compared to most other characters. They just don't have 50/50's and he gets unlimited 50/50s that reset and do solid damage. Then his top light attack and his zone attack are rediculously fast. You might be able to say they were fair as long as you have a decent connection, but with the peer to peer system it just isn't going to work at that speed. They need to be slowed down a touch to at least be reactable. Keep them fast, but not that crazy speed. Then peacekeeper has a similar problem, but then it's on a good amount of her attacks and with the bleed effect she gets she does half of a normal character's health in 1 gb, which is double what most people get. Her bleed does increase revenge by a certain amount, but with the majority of players not using revenge in a duel, and with it still having crazy damage, she is just too safe with too much damage. Not to mention she also completely counters shugoki's armor with her heavy attack into light dagger, since it breaks his armor and he can't trade, shugoki vs peacekeeper is the worst matchup you can get in this game.
Then nobushi. I really don't understand how they could have let something like her into the game. She deals more damage than every other class in the game, she's safer than every other class in the game. and she has solid unblockable and fast light attacks. It would make more sense if you could parry her or if her attacks actually bounced off of guards like they're supposed to, but if you parry her most of the time she's out of range and recovers too fast for you to get anything off of it. Then all of her attacks push you back, and some of her attacks don't bounce off when you guard like they're supposed to. Even as conquerer she can continue to chain attacks on some hits at max range and as most classes you can't get in on her. This is what I've gathered from my ~70 hours with the game, 50 hours in the main game, and if I'm just missing something I'd love to hear it but I've tried so much to make some characters work or too see the good or bad of some characters but for those 6 characters they just need some changing.

Overbrutal1
02-21-2017, 02:27 PM
So I think that for the most part the characters are actually balanced, I just think that there needs to be a few slight tweaks. For starters, I think raider needs more. Raider has almost no way of opening people up and the few ways he does, with his stunning tap cancel and dashes and his unblockable, are easily countered when you know what to look for. Then t...

Please experience the game further... these issues come mainly because you have not fully explore other possibilities.