PDA

View Full Version : To those who are crying about gear.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Edit: Keep in mind this post is not to justify bad matchmaking but to talk about gear overall. There should still be toggleable ruleset that disables higher than X reputation level heroes from that match, so u can ensure u can play with ur item level limit, but still searching ur overall level so u dont play against new players either. The main point of this post is to show how easy it is to get that gear urself, and how revenge gear is not OP, because it doesent work as good vs same level gear players (not nearly as much dmg if opponent has high gear and proper build) and also falls off heavily against skilled opponents due to mechanics of revenge overall.

There have been some constructive threads lately opening up the topics properly to people who are complaining about issues.

Now this time we are gonna talk about gear. By now the game has been out long enough that any player who had time in their hands could have reached max gear themself if they werent playing multiple characters. It is no longer about being nerd to have 108 gearscore, since all it take is getting rep 3 and boom u can insta 108. Now when people are hitting rep 12 etc the shame is on u for not having slightest bit of dedication.

This ofc does not apply to those working players who have had no time to play. But you just have to live with it and accept the fact that like in any game that needs a little time spent on them, u will be little behind AT START. Soon enough even you will catch up.

Now the second thing that u might think that those fast 108 were pay to win, this only applies if u were unexperienced with gear system or just simply didint figure it out even u had time to check it in betas. Basicly it goes like this, when the game launched everyone got 3k steel from tutorials, and if u simply saved all ur coins till u had rep3 and didint buy all this useless midleground coinbait gear (which only purpose seems to be baiting ur coins and making u pay for coins when u finally can get heroic), you would be able to insta 108 when u got rep3, atleast very close if not full 108 (depending on ur gear part drop luck).

Now that we figured out HOW EASY it is to get that MAX OP BROKEN GAMEBREAKING UNBALANCED GEAR. We can finally talk about the OP builds.

Revenge build, if build properly with high damage and defence, is very stamina consuming and is mainly focused on farming revenge in fights. It will destroy NOOBS, low geared people, and bad build people (those who thought Im assassin I dont need def stat, looking at u 108 pk's who I oneshot). But the fact in this build is that it relies HEAVILY, and I mean COMPLETELY to revenge. And as it relies completely on revenge, when people learn to play, this build is actually WEAKEST build in game. Why? Because it is way simplier to counter than any other high gear build, it just appears so OP bcs its noobstomper build more than any other and benefits strongly for opponent having low level gear.

Cooldown reduction build, now this build starts to be little more troublesome, because it doesentt rely on easily countered game mechanic, and will be more suitable for competitive play. It offers tons and tons of feats, who cares if u got revenge build? Just run to my trap to setup fast and clean fight bcs u have no stamina, or I can just start with nice throwable and take majority of ur hp for free. Or perhaps I just drop catapult to you multiple times in 1 game.

Full throw build. This build has 100% uptime and is perfect revenge build killer, why? Bcs revenge builds usually have MINMUM throw. Which gives you HUGE advantage on hazard areas. Combine this build with certain heroes and now you know what is truly OP. This build is far more supporting of high skill gaming compared to revenge build, because all it takes is one throw, even if u are in revenge mode.

Now the perfect builds are probaply mix between all of these, which were mostly just set as an example for reflecting how revenge build is not as op as people think, but is more of a noobstomper and gear level advantage (kills low geared people in ridicilous easiness if they dont counter ur revenge plays at all). It is mostly working because for some reason people have not yet realised numbers is not always advantage, and that its not a good idea to try to finish that guy off who revenged with low hp. I mean guy just revenged, u kept attacking hes hyperarmor and got killed, SO OP right?

Edit2: I am aware of the issues with mm and I hope them to be solved. Im not defending my gear in world where heroic fights starting gear or something like that, but I am however defending gear in balanced enirvorment where everyone has high gear. I am completely aware and bored by the fact that my revenge gear deletes new players / high level "noobs" testing new heroes. The latter should definetly die to my revenge far less yet they play just like the new players which is 100% on them. I do however take enjoyment killing high level/gear players with my build, because I know that the same build cant kill me (since I play it I know how to play against it). This means that in THIS matter I have higher skill than my opponents given they have equal gear, and I will abuse the noobiness of community and be happy about it. Noobstomping is fine, newbstomping is not.

Specialkha
02-21-2017, 01:17 PM
Sorry but I will waste my time AND my money on another game, so soon, you will be playing only with ppl like you. Have fun!

Immortal_Zeal
02-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Gear only features in 4v4.. the trashiest of game modes where only the cheapest, lowest skilled players lurk. So I don't see the problem. Majority of it is just gankers and Orochi try hards.

Varicose_Veins
02-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Sorry but I will waste my time AND my money on another game, so soon, you will be playing only with ppl like you. Have fun!

And that's the tragedy of Ubi's short-sighted 4v4 pay-to-win model. They'll lose thousands of players and only a rump of 108's will remain.

So many new players are being put off by this.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 01:29 PM
And that's the tragedy of Ubi's short-sighted 4v4 pay-to-win model. They'll lose thousands of players and only a rump of 108's will remain.

So many new players are being put off by this.

So many players who are not willing to farm rep3 will quit game bcs they are supposed to play 20-30 hours on one hero, I mean, how can they do this to us. Lets be serious, even without gear the guy with 100h with 1 hero will take huge sht on u guys who think u can be as good with 5 hours. So practice ur hero for 20-30hours and the 108 gear comes as a free reward for ur trouble.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 01:33 PM

Good. Im tired of onesided games.

Knight_Raime
02-21-2017, 01:40 PM
I only have a problem with max/near max gear score people being matched with people who aren't even rep 1 yet.

Acropolistis
02-21-2017, 01:50 PM
thanks for saying that. btw nerf combat system please its too hard....

SoveRReignN
02-21-2017, 01:50 PM
"Now this time we are gonna talk about gear. By now the game has been out long enough that any player who had time in their hands could have reached max gear themself if they werent playing multiple characters. It is no longer about being nerd to have 108 gearscore, since all it take is getting rep 3 and boom u can insta 108. Now when people are hitting rep 12 etc the shame is on u for not having slightest bit of dedication."

Why don't you get your head out of your *** pal...No everyone can play video games 24/7 cause not every person can sit on their *** without a job and have the rest of the world holding your hands so you can survive. It's very sad to see such ignorance and arrogance but hey...21st century right? What is the point of matchmaking when you get thrown into a game with a guy that has a level 3 prestige and he wipes out most of thew team alone...And sure you gonna say l2 play balh blah blah, In that case but the point is that you have a huge advantage and and first time players should never get thrown in a game with geared people cause it's gonna ruin the experience.

Gojema
02-21-2017, 02:01 PM
So I can either go for revenge, environmental damage or feats, all the stuff a honorable player tries to avoid? Great ...

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 02:03 PM
"Now this time we are gonna talk about gear. By now the game has been out long enough that any player who had time in their hands could have reached max gear themself if they werent playing multiple characters. It is no longer about being nerd to have 108 gearscore, since all it take is getting rep 3 and boom u can insta 108. Now when people are hitting rep 12 etc the shame is on u for not having slightest bit of dedication."

Why don't you get your head out of your *** pal...No everyone can play video games 24/7 cause not every person can sit on their *** without a job and have the rest of the world holding your hands so you can survive. It's very sad to see such ignorance and arrogance but hey...21st century right? What is the point of matchmaking when you get thrown into a game with a guy that has a level 3 prestige and he wipes out most of thew team alone...And sure you gonna say l2 play balh blah blah, In that case but the point is that you have a huge advantage and and first time players should never get thrown in a game with geared people cause it's gonna ruin the experience.

IF u didint stop reading u would see this right after :D

This ofc does not apply to those working players who have had no time to play. But you just have to live with it and accept the fact that like in any game that needs a little time spent on them, u will be little behind AT START. Soon enough even you will catch up.

Derp.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 02:07 PM
So I can either go for revenge, environmental damage or feats, all the stuff a honorable player tries to avoid? Great ...

Well those all can be made with maxed/secondary att/def. So you lose "nothing" what comes to regular fighting. You just pick one special cheap trick that the game offers.

Dez_troi_aR
02-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Have fun, i am back to duel mode and brawl, where skill reigns surpreme :)

Ok, seriously, i took something useful away here: I did not buy anything with my steel, and i am still rep 2. So is it true that there is no reason to save my crates till later ? Can i get the best gear once i am rep 3 ?

I hope they will continue to balance gear out, it should just be a fine tuning tool, not a game changer.

Alamil
02-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Dudes come on, matchmaking is pure **** (like the game state after all), you can't make a ilvl 10 vs a 108, yes the 10 can kill the 108 only using enviromental because a 108 bishot a 10. That is not only for new player but if i change a champ you really are forced to play vs 108 ilvl? Skill or not that is insane.

WheepingSong
02-21-2017, 02:14 PM
it should just be a fine tuning tool, not a game changer.

Nailed it!

Sugaroverdose
02-21-2017, 02:15 PM
We are 8 days into the game and people are complaining about gear, basically because they don't have it yet.
Bit stupid really.
Play the game, get the gear, make a build that allows you to do what you are currently having problems with.
I have it, and it's piece of sh*t which completely ruins this game

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 02:17 PM
Have fun, i am back to duel mode and brawl, where skill reigns surpreme :)

Ok, seriously, i took something useful away here: I did not buy anything with my steel, and i am still rep 2. So is it true that there is no reason to save my crates till later ? Can i get the best gear once i am rep 3 ?

I hope they will continue to balance gear out, it should just be a fine tuning tool, not a game changer.

Yes, when u get 3 u will be able to get heroic. Which is the max gear.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Dudes come on, matchmaking is pure **** (like the game state after all), you can't make a ilvl 10 vs a 108, yes the 10 can kill the 108 only using enviromental because a 108 bishot a 10. That is not only for new player but if i change a champ you really are forced to play vs 108 ilvl? Skill or not that is insane.

This is not matchmaking thread, matchmaking OBVIOUSLY needs balance. I DO NOT enjoy playing 108 vs low gear. Gives no pleasure to go something stupid like 18-0 in game like that. Just makes me feel bad for the enemy.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Its ****ing p2w
Its impossible to play new characters in 4v4 once you reached a certain lvl on your account
I have one lvl 3 rep character
Yesterday I want to play Shugoki hes lvl 10 no gear
Got killed in 3 or 4 hits from 100 to 0 from a PK
The PK was on C when i came in he was alone, I grabbed him and ate 1 hit into hyper armor and went with the baseball move.
He got revenge, he lunged at me I blocked. I feinted top heavy to bait his revenge while doing it i ate second hit into hyper armor he popped revenge
He used his AOE attack and finished me off with it

MUCH WOW SUCH GAME

So now iam beeing forced to 1 character other wise i will get killed in 1 shots by skills or in 2-3 hits by random players GJ UBI

You dont believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1kPkllsWA

Dont know why the quali is this **** but right now its perfect because it represents the quali of 4v4 mods.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Its ****ing p2w
Its impossible to play new characters in 4v4 once you reached a certain lvl on your account
I have one lvl 3 rep character
Yesterday I want to play Shugoki hes lvl 10 no gear
Got killed in 3 or 4 hits from 100 to 0 from a PK
The PK was on C when i came in he was alone, I grabbed him and ate 1 hit into hyper armor and went with the baseball move.
He got revenge, he lunged at me I blocked. I feinted top heavy to bait his revenge while doing it i ate second hit into hyper armor he popped revenge
He used his AOE attack and finished me off with it

MUCH WOW SUCH GAME

So now iam beeing forced to 1 character other wise i will get killed in 1 shots by skills or in 2-3 hits by random players GJ UBI

You dont believe me?

Dont know why the quali is this **** but right now its perfect because it represents the quali of 4v4 mods.

Have you even watched ur own video? He just had fight, he was prbly near max revenge from that fight when u got there, it was not fresh 1v1 what comes to revenge activation. And yes all leveling based games are play to win. Game needs proper matchmaking and ruleset to disable rep3+ heroes from match.

Actually I misread u was not whining about the revenge. My bad.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 02:37 PM
No i just statet that its p2w because thats it in 4v4
No working person on earth has the time to have every hero on rep3 gear108
So either iam FORCED TO PAY TO WIN or play only 1 character.
Because in this fight I had small chances given i even baited his revenge and I didint even fall to the ground.
He still finished me in very few attacks.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 02:43 PM
No i just statet that its p2w because thats it in 4v4
No working person on earth has the time to have every hero on rep3 gear108
So either iam FORCED TO PAY TO WIN or play only 1 character.
Because in this fight I had small chances given i even baited his revenge and I didint even fall to the ground.
He still finished me in very few attacks.

You cant buy levels in this game its PLAY to WIN not PAY to WIN. Your biggest mistake was that u did not disengage from fight. Only stay vs revenge if u know u can turtle 100% for a while. Else disengage and wait it out.

CabalTrainee
02-21-2017, 02:44 PM
So iīm forced to spend all my freetime grinding one hero up and canīt play different ones? No thanks. Iīm not touching any modes with gear.

EmeraldCthulhu
02-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Else disengage and wait it out.

And than what? You do realise that he will have revenge again in an instant if he has the right build, right? Revenge spam is real, no amout of denying that will make it go away.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:03 PM
You cant buy levels in this game its PLAY to WIN not PAY to WIN. Your biggest mistake was that u did not disengage from fight. Only stay vs revenge if u know u can turtle 100% for a while. Else disengage and wait it out.

Disengage with the slowest of all characters against PK is impossible he will lunge attack in my back instantly stagger me and lunge again.
Right you cant buy levels but you cant buy the gear for every character without paying but you can easylie lvl to 3 and get max gear with CREDIT CARD to gain an incredible advantage.
P2W.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:04 PM
So iīm forced to spend all my freetime grinding one hero up and canīt play different ones? No thanks. Iīm not touching any modes with gear.

Nah after that grind you need to grind a lot of steel a single upgrade on a lvl 13 item costs around 250 steel and its rising.
Players which spend money on the other hand get this in an instant after reaching p3.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 03:06 PM
And than what? You do realise that he will have revenge again in an instant if he has the right build, right? Revenge spam is real, no amout of denying that will make it go away.

If u have issues with player loading up revenges in 1v1 its bcs YOU dont have gear, there has been some storage of revenge already filled before fight, or ur just spamming attacks for no reason.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:09 PM
If u have issues with player loading up revenges in 1v1 its bcs YOU dont have gear, there has been some storage of revenge already filled before fight, or ur just spamming attacks for no reason.

Watch the video this guy litteraly killed me in 3 hits 2 of them went into hyper armor.
There is no reason a single character should do this amount of dmg ever.

Duckbit
02-21-2017, 03:10 PM
thanks for saying that. btw nerf combat system please its too hard....

hahahaha

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Disengage with the slowest of all characters against PK is impossible he will lunge attack in my back instantly stagger me and lunge again.
Right you cant buy levels but you cant buy the gear for every character without paying but you can easylie lvl to 3 and get max gear with CREDIT CARD to gain an incredible advantage.
P2W.

By time it takes from 0-3 if u dont buy midle ground gear u will get very strong gear right away, and u can finish it fairly quick. You dont need 108 to be able to play vs 108, u just need full heroic and ur good to go. Dont have time to play? Then its even better, why? Bcs time u level up to rep3 u have done so many quests that YOU WILL get 108 INSTANTLY without credit card. And what comes to shugoki disengage in ur vid u throw him away, u could run away right there. Now the fact he has full gear ms and u have no ms is different story which is again matchmaking issue, not revenge gear issue.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 03:12 PM

Only if you think having every advantage possible is necessary to have a good time...

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:13 PM
By time it takes from 0-3 if u dont buy midle ground gear u will get very strong gear right away, and u can finish it fairly quick. You dont need 108 to be able to play vs 108, u just need full heroic and ur good to go. Dont have time to play? Then its even better, why? Bcs time u level up to rep3 u have done so many quests that YOU WILL get 108 INSTANTLY without credit card. And what comes to shugoki disengage in ur vid u throw him away, u could run away right there. Now the fact he has full gear ms and u have no ms is different story which is again matchmaking issue, not revenge gear issue.

So you are saying killing in 3 hits is fine basicially.
OK

Only if you think having every advantage possible is necessary to have a good time...

What da **** you clearly dont know whats going on.
Its not about advantage its about beeing at disadvantage beeing 1 shot or killed in 3 regular hits is ridiculous.
#Skillbased

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Watch the video this guy litteraly killed me in 3 hits 2 of them went into hyper armor.
There is no reason a single character should do this amount of dmg ever.

This game has more rpg mechanics in its gear than alot people understand. Ilvl 108 vs ilvl 10 is like playing rpg with HUGE level advantage. It is again not a gear issue since u dont balance games like max vs minimum but u balance them against their own bracket of gear. Heroic vs Heroic, not Heroic vs Starter gear. This is still a matchmaking issue. If u get slapped like this with 108 vs 108 it means its by ur choice that u have low armor gear.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:17 PM
This game has more rpg mechanics in its gear than alot people understand. Ilvl 108 vs ilvl 10 is like playing rpg with HUGE level advantage. It is again not a gear issue since u dont balance games like max vs minimum but u balance them against their own bracket of gear. Heroic vs Heroic, not Heroic vs Starter gear. This is still a matchmaking issue. If u get slapped like this with 108 vs 108 it means its by ur choice that u have low armor gear.

How will the matchmaking ever know what gear is on the hero when it puts you into a match before you choose the hero?
The matchmaking will properly stay like this atleast for months if they ever change it.
They cant even bugfix the bugged heros other companies do this overnight ubi properly needs weeks...

m0u-1337
02-21-2017, 03:17 PM
If you know your character you dont have to fear a ilvl 108. as simple as it sounds.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:20 PM
If you know your character you dont have to fear a ilvl 108. as simple as it sounds.

Total ******** you still can get oneshotted another one who has clearly no idea whats going on

m0u-1337
02-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Block, dodge, react and you're good to go.

SuperMmeee
02-21-2017, 03:25 PM
How will the matchmaking ever know what gear is on the hero when it puts you into a match before you choose the hero?
The matchmaking will properly stay like this atleast for months if they ever change it.
They cant even bugfix the bugged heros other companies do this overnight ubi properly needs weeks...

I have edited my post long ago but I dont expect u to read it over and over. I personally think that good fix would be to add option on search that the next match will be played with for example rep3+ heroes disabled from the match.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Block, dodge, react and you're good to go.

Dodge that arrow in your back when you dont see it coming
Same goes for catapult
Never taking a single hit is quite impossible and i was killed in 3 hits 2 of them into hyper armor which is supposed to let me trade hits.

You just dont have enough experience to talk in here. :rolleyes:

Winfieldt
02-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Funny, here's a high rep guy defending the endgame gear, in another thread you have a endgame gear guy posting a video saying that the gear is op.

It's truly fun to try playing a new char against a guy who can get his revenge stacked up stupid quick, even in 1v1.

Got forbid if it's 2v1, then he pops it instantly.

Hell I'd have had the time to get a char to prestige 3(Got 2 LB and 1 WL) easily, but I chose to try out other characters, big mistake that.

Fact is, this kind of BS matchmaking along with stupidly OP(looking at revenge specifically, other issues are mild in comparison) gear will make it a pain for any new player/newbie to get to prestige 3, infact he's more likely to quit the game before that.

That's not healthy for this game at all.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 03:50 PM
Funny, here's a high rep guy defending the endgame gear, in another thread you have a endgame gear guy posting a video saying that the gear is op.

It's truly fun to try playing a new char against a guy who can get his revenge stacked up stupid quick, even in 1v1.

Got forbid if it's 2v1, then he pops it instantly.

Hell I'd have had the time to get a char to prestige 3(Got 2 LB and 1 WL) easily, but I chose to try out other characters, big mistake that.

Fact is, this kind of BS matchmaking along with stupidly OP(looking at revenge specifically, other issues are mild in comparison) gear will make it a pain for any new player/newbie to get to prestige 3, infact he's more likely to quit the game before that.

That's not healthy for this game at all.

Even if you are Prestige 3 and got all the gear then you better stick to it because if you switch to try new character you will get rekt again.
People who are defending it either like that there is this big advantage/disadvantage or are gods with 100% perfect defense or haven`t experienced it. I say its not the second.

Winfieldt
02-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Even if you are Prestige 3 and got all the gear then you better stick to it because if you switch to try new character you will get rekt again.
People who are defending it either like that there is this big advantage/disadvantage or are gods with 100% perfect defense or haven`t experienced it. I say its not the second.

I agree with you, even if I had that gear now I can tell it's unbalanced as hell and DEFINATELY not healthy for the game.

Most of the games I go to are just me with other lowbies/lowgear against prestige 2-3 guys with good gear. I've stopped caring and will quit these games the instant I see them.

Ubisoft really needs to sort this **** out or they will bleed players, badly(If they already aren't...).

Braegulfer
02-21-2017, 04:00 PM
I've never seen so many threads by bad players blaming everything but their lack of skill as this game elicits. It's like it's impossible for them to deal with NOT being handed kills and victories. I have a 108 gear score, but I sometimes queue with a character I've never used before and STILL destroy most people with my zero gear score, including 108s. Honestly 95% of the complaints I see (with some noticeable and well thought-out balance and timing issues) are L2P issues, for real.

On the converse, I've been just dismantled by some low gear score players.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 04:22 PM
I've never seen so many threads by bad players blaming everything but their lack of skill as this game elicits. It's like it's impossible for them to deal with NOT being handed kills and victories. I have a 108 gear score, but I sometimes queue with a character I've never used before and STILL destroy most people with my zero gear score, including 108s. Honestly 95% of the complaints I see (with some noticeable and well thought-out balance and timing issues) are L2P issues, for real.

On the converse, I've been just dismantled by some low gear score players.

I have no Issues at all fighting duel and brawl
But you are one of those who thinks killing in 3 hits is fine
If you aren't able to pull of more hits I guess you need it.

Iam not complaining about 108 Gear in General I complain about 1 shots and ridiculous amounts of dmg
Killing a Shugoki in 3 to 4 Seconds with 3 hits (2 into superarmor which reduces dmg) is just proper b u l l s h i t

VTheMan032
02-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Yup i'm having trobule reliably defending against fast classes so i started stacking Def Gear... it is literally compensating for my lack of skills and I am killing ppl that outplay me 100%

Braegulfer
02-21-2017, 04:50 PM
I have no Issues at all fighting duel and brawl
But you are one of those who thinks killing in 3 hits is fine
If you aren't able to pull of more hits I guess you need it.

Iam not complaining about 108 Gear in General I complain about 1 shots and ridiculous amounts of dmg
Killing a Shugoki in 3 to 4 Seconds with 3 hits (2 into superarmor which reduces dmg) is just proper b u l l s h i t

I've stacked max attack and have never 3-shotted a shugoki, ever. This is an exaggeration unless I had revenge and he fell for three overhand chops in a row, but that would kill anyone (even without revenge) in duel or brawl too. (I play zerker btw and he's no slouch in the damage dept.)

I'll also reiterate, since you appeared to miss it, that I've wrecked 108 gs people with zero gear score chars I've never tried...so no bro..I don't NEED it.

Pope138
02-21-2017, 05:30 PM
So many players who are not willing to farm rep3 will quit game bcs they are supposed to play 20-30 hours on one hero, I mean, how can they do this to us. Lets be serious, even without gear the guy with 100h with 1 hero will take huge sht on u guys who think u can be as good with 5 hours. So practice ur hero for 20-30hours and the 108 gear comes as a free reward for ur trouble.

I have to agree with this. Putting in the time it takes to get the gear legit is going to make you a great player and it doesn't even take that long. I'm a super casual and got to rare tier without even trying. I've also probably played against a lot of people who bought all their gear and I didn't even know it, and it made no difference on the amount of fun I had.

Tocki92
02-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Let's make an easy example to clarify, why it is unbalanced, so everyone understands it:
Player A has the same skill level like player B.
Player A uses the same heroe like Player B.
Player A ( with 0 gear points) hits blocks, parries, dodges the same amount of time like player B (because same skill level), but dies, because player B has more attack damage (108 gear).

What is the point? Player A HAS an disadvantage to the gear of player B

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 05:40 PM
I've stacked max attack and have never 3-shotted a shugoki, ever. This is an exaggeration unless I had revenge and he fell for three overhand chops in a row, but that would kill anyone (even without revenge) in duel or brawl too. (I play zerker btw and he's no slouch in the damage dept.)

I'll also reiterate, since you appeared to miss it, that I've wrecked 108 gs people with zero gear score chars I've never tried...so no bro..I don't NEED it.

Here you go mister. Just sayin I had super armor on his first hit (This is why I got dmg but still grabbed) And I had superarmor when I baited out his Revenge (to not fall to the ground). Ofc he still had revenge stacked up because he had a fight before and it lasted... But still

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 08:22 PM
As a Rep 3 Peacekeeper with 105 Gear Score, i can tell you that the gear isn't as "Overpowered" as alot of you make it out to be. What seems to getting completely disregarded here is the fact that the HIGHER the gear score the LOWER a particular stat of the gear will be if not nonexistent. For example I can literally get one shotted by a player of maybe 24 gear score. Not because he's better than me but because i have drastic trade offs for my strengths. One on one yea i should be able to take him without much difficulty (it depends) but what if i'm not wearing any debuff resistance (Most don't who have a "Revenge Build")? I can literally die from 2-3 stabs from a Nobushi that's 50 levels under me!! or ANYONE that does anything but regular damage as far as a explosions,fire,bleed etc... Stop blaming gear and start using strategy.

negolash12
02-21-2017, 08:26 PM
Gear doesn't work in 1-1 and 2-2, and other modes are just doesn't work with this fighting system, stop crying and duel like a man

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 08:36 PM
As a Rep 3 Peacekeeper with 105 Gear Score, i can tell you that the gear isn't as "Overpowered" as alot of you make it out to be. What seems to getting completely disregarded here is the fact that the HIGHER the gear score the LOWER a particular stat of the gear will be if not nonexistent. For example I can literally get one shotted by a player of maybe 24 gear score. Not because he's better than me but because i have drastic trade offs for my strengths. One on one yea i should be able to take him without much difficulty (it depends) but what if i'm not wearing any debuff resistance (Most don't who have a "Revenge Build")? I can literally die from 2-3 stabs from a Nobushi that's 50 levels under me!! or ANYONE that does anything but regular damage as far as a explosions,fire,bleed etc... Stop blaming gear and start using strategy.

Its better to actually read the thread and some answers instead of spamming this nonsense

Gear doesn't work in 1-1 and 2-2, and other modes are just doesn't work with this fighting system, stop crying and duel like a man

Thats the only thing thats left for leveling up new characters
Great game.
It wont last long, atleast for me I can see myself wasting my time with others games in a few weeks because 1v1 is just not enough variety to keep me busy. Thats not superbad at all it just didnt meet my excpecations because this game could be so much more than 1on1

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Its better to actually read the thread and some answers instead of spamming this nonsense

Thats the only thing thats left for leveling up new characters
Great game.
It wont last long, atleast for me I can see myself wasting my time with others games in a few weeks because 1v1 is just not enough variety to keep me busy. Thats not superbad at all it just didnt meet my excpecations because this game could be so much more than 1on1

Read it several times, thank you. Facts are that if you don't like to play with the gear on either level your character accordingly or don't play games that allow gear. It's really that simple. What I've said isn't nonsense at all and i can actually provide proof that with skill you can take out foes regardless of gear score. The game hasn't been out a full 2 weeks and you're whining about something that is completely avoidable or adaptable.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Read it several times, thank you. Facts are that if you don't like to play with the gear on either level your character accordingly or don't play games that allow gear. It's really that simple. What I've said isn't nonsense at all and i can actually provide proof that with skill you can take out foes regardless of gear score. The game hasn't been out a full 2 weeks and you're whining about something that is completely avoidable or adaptable.

Dont talk about skill, having high GS doesnt mean he has no skill.
If you talk about gear and its affects you need to assume skill is the same on both sides. Iam well aware that skill can outshine gear but thats not for all cases and certainly not if you are facing a geared and skilled enemy.
And yes you are talking nonsense when your saying the difference is not high when iam beeing killed in 3 hits with the tankiest hero ingame.

Good thing you saying I am whining thats just more proof that you have 0 arguements thanks for that one.
Insulting people is always a good way to show off your education :)

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 09:18 PM

My 1v1 k/d is over a 3.2. If anything i'm not the crier here. I think the ones whining on how gear score is so game breaking to them are the whiners but to each as own lol.

Gnarxly
02-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Player skill and class knowledge is like 99%.
But it's normal that people want to blame everyone and everything when they fail.

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Dont talk about skill, having high GS doesnt mean he has no skill.
If you talk about gear and its affects you need to assume skill is the same on both sides. Iam well aware that skill can outshine gear but thats not for all cases and certainly not if you are facing a geared and skilled enemy.
And yes you are talking nonsense when your saying the difference is not high when iam beeing killed in 3 hits with the tankiest hero ingame.

Good thing you saying I am whining thats just more proof that you have 0 arguements thanks for that one.
Insulting people is always a good way to show off your education :)

With 2 degrees in Network Systems Administrations and one in Psychology I'm pretty sure my "education" hasn't been lessened by comments made on an online forum about a video game one bit :o.
Now back to the topic. you are absolutely very likely to get 3 shotted when the person your're going against is in revenge mode and you do nothing to block heavy attacks gear or not duel or not tanky or not. Furthermore no argument is needed, the proof is in the video. You have absolutely no idea what passives or stats he has on his weapon but yet you thought you were going to rush someone in revenge mode and kill them without blocking,evading or parrying? Of course you died lol what did you expect? :)

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 09:43 PM
With 2 degrees in Network Systems Administrations and one in Psychology I'm pretty sure my "education" hasn't been lessened by comments made on an online forum about a video game one bit :o.
Now back to the topic. you are absolutely very likely to get 3 shotted when the person your're going against is in revenge mode and you do nothing to block heavy attacks gear or not duel or not tanky or not. Furthermore no argument is needed, the proof is in the video. You have absolutely no idea what passives or stats he has on his weapon but yet you thought you were going to rush someone in revenge mode and kill them without blocking,evading or parrying? Of course you died lol what did you expect? :)

2 Hits were reduced by Hyper armor.
The first I took his hit as tradeoff i grabbed
Second I took to bait his revenge
Pk is fast so 1 came trough without me blocking
GG

What tells your degree in Psychology about someone who needs to justify his education levels on a online forum? lol
Ofc people think that 3 shotting trough hyper armor is fine because thats how they kill.
In Duel this would never happen to me, ever.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 09:48 PM
What da **** you clearly dont know whats going on.
Its not about advantage its about beeing at disadvantage beeing 1 shot or killed in 3 regular hits is ridiculous.
#Skillbased

You clearly didn't read the post I was replying to. The guy asked a question and I replied to it. You then quote me and insinuate i'm somehow misunderstanding. It's ironic.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 09:50 PM
Let's make an easy example to clarify, why it is unbalanced, so everyone understands it:
Player A has the same skill level like player B.
Player A uses the same heroe like Player B.
Player A ( with 0 gear points) hits blocks, parries, dodges the same amount of time like player B (because same skill level), but dies, because player B has more attack damage (108 gear).

What is the point? Player A HAS an disadvantage to the gear of player B

Yes, that's about right. You know what else happened though? Player A spent more time accumulating gear and leveling up an individual character. All players have the same potential to do so. All players are fully made aware that gear will provide an advantage. All players can play in non-gear modes to level up prior to entering geared modes.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Yes, that's about right. You know what else happened though? Player A spent more time accumulating gear and leveling up an individual character. All players have the same potential to do so. All players are fully made aware that gear will provide an advantage. All players can play in non-gear modes to level up prior to entering geared modes.

I could accept this if steel income compared to how long it takes to equipp multiple characters wasnt low as ****
They just want to make people buy steel by giving them a HUGE disadvantage if they dont buy it.
Either you are forced to stick to 1 character which terminates variety or get rekt in 1 to 3 hits.
Ah yea forgott option number 3 buy steel and spend more money to fully enjoy the game.

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 09:54 PM
2 Hits were reduced by Hyper armor.
The first I took his hit as tradeoff i grabbed
Second I took to bait his revenge
Pk is fast so 1 came trough without me blocking
GG

What tells your degree in Psychology about someone who needs to justify his education levels on a online forum? lol
Ofc people think that 3 shotting trough hyper armor is fine because thats how they kill.
In Duel this would never happen to me, ever.

Still missing the point you're trying to tank a player's special revenge mode on the basis of you having a slightly tanky player lol you got outplayed clearly. Oh and the education will be justified whenever it is called into question like you so foolishly did on a online forum :o. This is just simply a classic case of case of "Get Good". If not, go play Duels, simplicity at its finest. :)

Munktor
02-21-2017, 09:56 PM
I could accept this if steel income compared to how long it takes to equipp multiple characters wasnt low as ****
They just want to make people buy steel by giving them a HUGE disadvantage if they dont buy it.
Either you are forced to stick to 1 character which terminates variety or get rekt in 1 to 3 hits.
Ah yea forgott option number 3 buy steel and spend more money to fully enjoy the game.

Again, you can play 1v1 against AI infinitely until you fully level. You never HAVE to be at a disadvantage if you don't want to be.

What you're complaining about isn't really the system, merely that the system requires you to work for it.

Also, you can't just spend money. Spending money doesn't make your hero Reputation level 3. You have to get to that rep before you can get the gear that you're complaining about (with steel purchased or steel earned in game).

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Also, not to mention the player was buffed in the video with the sharp blades feat that do increased damage over time AND in revenge mode lol . Did you not notice the blades you were getting hit with were purple? He had a feat activated! lmao come on, it cant be that hard to comprehend, a Buffed (can see exactly which on on the small blue icon) feat activated (sharp blades) AND revenge mode. Why did you expect to survive? :o

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Again, you can play 1v1 against AI infinitely until you fully level. You never HAVE to be at a disadvantage if you don't want to be.

What you're complaining about isn't really the system, merely that the system requires you to work for it.

Also, you can't just spend money. Spending money doesn't make your hero Reputation level 3. You have to get to that rep before you can get the gear that you're complaining about (with steel purchased or steel earned in game).

First off all you are right you cant buy levels but you can buy a level boost with money which boosts it up significantly.
Second I bought a game which was communicated as skillbased PvP game, not an asia mmorpg grinder.
I dont wanna "work" in games, I wanna play them. Iam fine with grinding in certain games but not in a game which is a full price titel and offers all the grind for extra money.
I can see that most of you are OK with the state of the game its fine though I can accept it.

Still missing the point you're trying to tank a player's special revenge mode on the basis of you having a slightly tanky player lol you got outplayed clearly. Oh and the education will be justified whenever it is called into question like you so foolishly did on a online forum :o. This is just simply a classic case of case of "Get Good". If not, go play Duels, simplicity at its finest. :)

I didnt try to tank it, i tried to turtle and let 3 hits come trough, you properly cant see it because your to inexperienced. I still question your education level from what I read in your posts your quite a troll so your properly lying anyway.

Its fine i can see I cant change most of your opinions and I just lure "high educated" trolls into this thread.
If everyone is fine with the p2w status this game has its ok I just stay in duell mode until it gets boring so alteast I get a few hours of entertainment for the money I have spent.
I wish you guys a good day :)

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 10:18 PM
I didnt try to tank it, i tried to turtle and let 3 hits come trough, you properly cant see it because your to inexperienced. I still question your education level from what I read in your posts your quite a troll so your properly lying anyway.

Its fine i can see I cant change most of your opinions and I just lure "high educated" trolls into this thread.
If everyone is fine with the p2w status this game has its ok I just stay in duell mode until it gets boring so alteast I get a few hours of entertainment for the money I have spent.
I wish you guys a good day :)[/QUOTE]

That's *Too inexperienced and the other word you were looking for was *probably. Has the nerve to speak on someone's education but fail to know the difference between to & too and probably & properly lmao please stop it. In conclusion the person you were up against had a buff, a tier 3 feat activated and was currently in revenge mode. Yet, you blamed it on his gear score and whined that the game is broken...

D_Hudg
02-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Also, not to mention the player was buffed in the video with the sharp blades feat that do increased damage over time AND in revenge mode lol . Did you not notice the blades you were getting hit with were purple? He had a feat activated! lmao come on, it cant be that hard to comprehend, a Buffed (can see exactly which on on the small blue icon) feat activated (sharp blades) AND revenge mode. Why did you expect to survive? :o

Finally someone says something about the feat. Sharpened blades plus revenge mode would obliterate players, regardless of the PK's gear.

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 10:59 PM
Finally someone says something about the feat. Sharpened blades plus revenge mode would obliterate players, regardless of the PK's gear.

Lol, it took 7 pages of comments for someone to actually pay attention. The video he posted has absolutely 0 credibility. It's a triple buffed enemy.

D_Hudg
02-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Lol, it took 7 pages of comments for someone to actually pay attention. The video he posted has absolutely 0 credibility. It's a triple buffed enemy.

I noticed, I just got on the forum and finished reading the dialogue.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 11:11 PM
First off all you are right you cant buy levels but you can buy a level boost with money which boosts it up significantly.
Second I bought a game which was communicated as skillbased PvP game, not an asia mmorpg grinder.
I dont wanna "work" in games, I wanna play them. Iam fine with grinding in certain games but not in a game which is a full price titel and offers all the grind for extra money.
I can see that most of you are OK with the state of the game its fine though I can accept it.

1v1 is the skill based no gear mode...multiple people have pointed that out to you.

I'm guessing you were part of the BETA's as well. It should've been ABUNDANTLY clear to you that dominion would be heavily built around accumulating gear for your hero.

Yes, i'm ok with a game that is released as advertised and represented clearly within an alpha and 2 betas that I chose to purchase. You act like you were lied to or something lol.

Recpit
02-21-2017, 11:18 PM
I bet half of you guys that sayed those kind of things are high geared. I currently work half of day, so yea, i dont have enough time to be rep 6-15-30 yet, im sorry for that. Beside of that, if im 20 gear level, how am i supposed to counter someone with 108? Several times happened that i went in a dominion with some people that was 108 gear lvl, in a 1v1 he managed to get revenge 2 times, before me or him died. Meanwhile, if he is in revenge mode, he can take half of my hp with one hard attack, ONE. As much as everyone of you guys can be skilled, and im pretty sure everyone of you is ready for competitive, i think, from time to time, you make a mistake. I dont think you should lose half of your hp for 1 mistake, if that would be a combo, im fine with it, but 1 single hit? The thing is, yeah i can play 1v1 and 2v2 everytime, but that would means that i would be able to play half of the game. And yeah, with time and effort i could reach rep 6 and 108 gear level, everyone can, even who works. But meanwhile, do i have to stick just with 1v1 and 2v2 because other modes are unplayable? And beside of that, if i like to play more than one char, do i have to also, stop myself to play all chars because i need to gear up? A game should be meant to be played in every way, and with every possibility you can have, to me, dominion and deathmatch are just restricted right now.

D_Hudg
02-21-2017, 11:22 PM
I bet half of you guys that sayed those kind of things are high geared. I currently work half of day, so yea, i dont have enough time to be rep 6-15-30 yet, im sorry for that. Beside of that, if im 20 gear level, how am i supposed to counter someone with 108? Several times happened that i went in a dominion with some people that was 108 gear lvl, in a 1v1 he managed to get revenge 2 times, before me or him died. Meanwhile, if he is in revenge mode, he can take half of my hp with one hard attack, ONE. As much as everyone of you guys can be skilled, and im pretty sure everyone of you is ready for competitive, i think, from time to time, you make a mistake. I dont think you should lose half of your hp for 1 mistake, if that would be a combo, im fine with it, but 1 single hit? The thing is, yeah i can play 1v1 and 2v2 everytime, but that would means that i would be able to play half of the game. And yeah, with time and effort i could reach rep 6 and 108 gear level, everyone can, even who works. But meanwhile, do i have to stick just with 1v1 and 2v2 because other modes are unplayable? And beside of that, if i like to play more than one char, do i have to also, stop myself to play all chars because i need to gear up? A game should be meant to be played in every way, and with every possibility you can have, to me, dominion and deathmatch are just restricted right now.

This is a fair complaint unlike some in this forum. Sadly, the only solution for now is going to be either deal with the unbalanced teams or just leave and roll the dice.

Hiero_Glyph
02-21-2017, 11:35 PM
The problem isn't the gear, it's starting a new character and with very high activity and strict skill, being placed against reputation 2+ players with 60+ gear score when you have <20. I'm sorry but my stats are not great, so are you telling me that based on skill these players are below my skill level and they need an advantage over me?

What needs to happen for Dominion and Deathmatch is to have gear score tiers. Once a class exceeds that gear score (or meets a prestige requirement) they will never be able to drop down a tier. If they play in a group then the highest tier is used but players brought up a tier will revert when not in that group. At least this would give players a chance. Once you hit the maximum tier then MMR is used as the primary factor.

A no gear stat Dominion mode would be great too since it is the only mode without two options. I bet a lot of high gear score player would prefer this mode as well since it would not be filled with non-stop revenge spam.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 11:37 PM

Why though? Is a loss really that big of a deal? Is your pride so tied up in this game that ever being at a disadvantage is just too unbearable?

I'm not even rep 1 with a single hero yet. I like to play all the heroes, so my highest is a 9. Guess what I do when I go up against someone way higher level than me? I try my best.

You get better playing at a disadvantage than you ever will playing on par. It's true. This is why people that have it hard in life end up stronger people than those that had it easy.

Not saying you can't do what you want, but I will ask you to question whether or not you make choices based on seeing "victory or defeat" on the screen. If winning is all that matters, play the AI on the lowest difficulty. I guarantee you'll see "victory" all day and they'll never have gear better than you =)

Hiero_Glyph
02-21-2017, 11:47 PM
Why though? Is a loss really that big of a deal? Is your pride so tied up in this game that ever being at a disadvantage is just too unbearable?

I'm not even rep 1 with a single hero yet. I like to play all the heroes, so my highest is a 9. Guess what I do when I go up against someone way higher level than me? I try my best.

You get better playing at a disadvantage than you ever will playing on par. It's true. This is why people that have it hard in life end up stronger people than those that had it easy.

Not saying you can't do what you want, but I will ask you to question whether or not you make choices based on seeing "victory or defeat" on the screen. If winning is all that matters, play the AI on the lowest difficulty. I guarantee you'll see "victory" all day and they'll never have gear better than you =)

It works both ways though. Do these 108 players want to pub stomp every game? Some do I guess. Shouldn't they be given a chance to have a tough game against equally geared players? It's not strictly about winning or losing but about having a fair fight and letting the team with the best tactics, not gear score, win.

Gnarxly
02-22-2017, 12:33 AM
It works both ways though. Do these 108 players want to pub stomp every game? Some do I guess. Shouldn't they be given a chance to have a tough game against equally geared players? It's not strictly about winning or losing but about having a fair fight and letting the team with the best tactics, not gear score, win.

Being 108 doesn't mean you are any good. It means you played one class a good few hours, maybe even bought steel packs. A guy with gear score of 10 that is more skilled will pub stomp the 108 guy not the other way around.

Recpit
02-22-2017, 12:46 AM

Im sorry mate, but this is a poor argumentation. Its not about win or lose. I dont mind neither of two. The thing is, a pvp game should give the same chance to every player that face eachothers. Every heroes has his strenghts and his weakness and so on. If someone has 108 gear level, as you said, he is stronger. And its fine if this gives a small advantage, but, as long as its not that big the gap between the two. Its nt about pride, its about having fun. And if im getting ganked again and again and stomped by two people with high gear, im not sure how much can be fun, for everyone. Because, lets say, a lot of people that is got high gear level, usually play with some friends with around the same gears. One last thing, please, remember, dont try to be sharp in every thread you try to talk about, some people may not have your same sense of humor. EDIT: as someone else posted on a different topic, i would suggest you to take a look at this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx2-i7mJyR4
Before anyone says anything: ITS NOT A SUPERCOMPETITIVE WITH THE BEST PLAYERS AROUND. I want just to show you guys, how much damage and how much difference gears can make. As i said before, pvp games should be fair.

StrutterGear
02-22-2017, 12:47 AM
There should be matchmaking tiers based on gear. If you disagree you're wrong. Nuff said.

How is going up against 5th prestige as a level 10 fair? Lol

Hiero_Glyph
02-22-2017, 01:10 AM
Being 108 doesn't mean you are any good. It means you played one class a good few hours, maybe even bought steel packs. A guy with gear score of 10 that is more skilled will pub stomp the 108 guy not the other way around.

Again, I'm not great at For Honor yet I am continually matched against 60+ gear score players in Dominion. I think my highest gear score class is in the teens (level 3 gear at best). How am I supposed to improve when facing players with more experience and better gear?

I don't learn from my mistakes, I die from them. That's not how you learn as once these players get revenge my only choice I to run away or knock them off a ledge. Yeah, that makes me a better player if I'm going for cheese. I just want a fight where I can get some kills, die just as much and improve my tactics. Let me learn the basics before having to factor in gear.

Hiero_Glyph
02-22-2017, 02:17 AM
And if anyone wants evidence of how poorly gear, matchmaker, revenge, and and all that is right now. Watch iSkys, sxyhxy, SypherPK, and KingRichard15 on Twitch right now. They're certainly good but even they recognize how bad it is getting. In Dominion they have held teams to 12, 16, 142, etc. as they all have 108 and are facing players with 14 gear score. For having very high activity this should never happen.

At least they have a somewhat fair fight right now as one player has 108 and two others are purple. Still, it's pretty bad when this type of thing is the exception, not the rule.

Nekrolys1s
02-22-2017, 03:16 AM
"everal times happened that i went in a dominion with some people that was 108 gear lvl, in a 1v1 he managed to get revenge 2 times, before me or him died"

This is the biggest issue I have so far. 1v1 Revenge gain should be -Normal-, The base line revenge gain everyone gets without gear. It's an unnecessary crutch. As soon as other players start ganging up on a target though, then they can have their gear stat revenge gain apply.

Terras_Kasi
02-22-2017, 05:13 AM
This is a great post Gear is a problem, HEAR THAT UBISOFT IT IS A PROBLEM!!!!!!

Stankyfoot
02-22-2017, 05:31 AM

People who want to spend time on, and get good at the game? I can't ****ing wait.

Tocki92
02-22-2017, 10:33 AM

The learning curve of each player is different and one might have the same skill level with lvl 10 like someone, who needed to get prestige 3. BUT ( and i tried to make a very easy example so that even small minded ppl understand it) when both are in the same skill level, the lower geared guy will lose, because his attacks does less damage than the high geared guy, because the high geared guy can spam more attacks (cost reduction, bigger stamina regeneration, whatever) OR has more defense, better block damage reduction etc..

I knew that some high geared players are going to defend that, but don't think you are the majority. I know some games, which went down, because of the poorly implemented matchmaking (randoms against a full team, high level against low level), which people with more hours tried to defend:).

I don't even recommend to mix up skilled players with new players without gear system too. The skilled player doesn't get his challenge and the new player get destroyed in each situation. Do you know what the majority of the newer player will do? Stop playing. I don't know about your life, but many people can't spend more than 1 hour and don't want to be part of the high league, they just want to enjoy the game and with players in their own skill level. When someone want to improve his play style, he should get in the higher skilled pool.

So I payed for a game, but because Ubisoft can't bring a good balancing into it, I'm forced to cut off a part and play non-geared mode to enjoy a fair fight? GREAT SUGGESTION!
Especially the matchmaking in duels or brawls is **** too, where I get mixed with my prestige 2 heroe with a lvl1 guy... that shouldn't be the case either.
And my last question, If i want to play with friends, about 4, how should I enjoy playing with them in a non-geared game? I mean we don't have a non-geared 4vs4 mode.

Anyway, elimination and dominion is more for casuals. Now tell the casual, he shouldn't play casual, better play brawls and duels, which is actually the more challenging mode.

Gnarxly
02-22-2017, 11:43 AM
The learning curve of each player is different and one might have the same skill level with lvl 10 like someone, who needed to get prestige 3. BUT ( and i tried to make a very easy example so that even small minded ppl understand it) when both are in the same skill level, the lower geared guy will lose, because his attacks does less damage than the high geared guy, because the high geared guy can spam more attacks (cost reduction, bigger stamina regeneration, whatever) OR has more defense, better block damage reduction etc..

I knew that some high geared players are going to defend that, but don't think you are the majority. I know some games, which went down, because of the poorly implemented matchmaking (randoms against a full team, high level against low level), which people with more hours tried to defend:).

I don't even recommend to mix up skilled players with new players without gear system too. The skilled player doesn't get his challenge and the new player get destroyed in each situation. Do you know what the majority of the newer player will do? Stop playing. I don't know about your life, but many people can't spend more than 1 hour and don't want to be part of the high league, they just want to enjoy the game and with players in their own skill level. When someone want to improve his play style, he should get in the higher skilled pool.

So I payed for a game, but because Ubisoft can't bring a good balancing into it, I'm forced to cut off a part and play non-geared mode to enjoy a fair fight? GREAT SUGGESTION!
Especially the matchmaking in duels or brawls is **** too, where I get mixed with my prestige 2 heroe with a lvl1 guy... that shouldn't be the case either.
And my last question, If i want to play with friends, about 4, how should I enjoy playing with them in a non-geared game? I mean we don't have a non-geared 4vs4 mode.

Anyway, elimination and dominion is more for casuals. Now tell the casual, he shouldn't play casual, better play brawls and duels, which is actually the more challenging mode.

I'm a casual and have lots of fun in 4v4. Backstabbing, cliff hanging, revanging, it's all part of the game. It's fun! 4v4 will never be balanced no matter how much you guys cry.

Recpit
02-22-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm a casual and have lots of fun in 4v4. Backstabbing, cliff hanging, revanging, it's all part of the game. It's fun! 4v4 will never be balanced no matter how much you guys cry.

Mate, geared people in 4v4 with speed on sprint, people with 108 gear just to make it clearer, they just run at the beginning of a fight, take buffs and ganks, how am i supposed to counter their gank? Following him? How am i supposed to follow him, if my sprint speed is barely 1/4 of his? Meanwhile i reach the one he ganked he managed to take 1 buff and took half hp of my teammate. So, as long as you guys are obviously more smart than me, can i ask you how am i supposed to counter that? Any advice would be welcome. And please, try to avoid answers like "man its the part of the game, just dont play 4v4 if you dont like it" because to me, as i said in some topics before, in a pvp game every tactic should be balanced, should have in a ceirtant way a counter, something you can do that can prevent that kind of behaviour. If thats not possible, its just unbalanced, and, making something unbalanced means that the game will be just one way.

PRAETORlAN
02-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Love entitled übercasuals crying. "You all have no life and play 24/7, I can only afford to play 2 rounds a day!". Lol, grow up kids. I have a life, I work and do chores, alas I'm not gaming until dawn, I wake up early in the morning, and I game only from the early evenings. And guess what? I have a 1-14 Lawbringer, plus a 2-17 Warlord (and Warden + Orochi around lvl 10 as I "had" to play them because of orders).

So yes, you can be well over prestige 3 by now, even if you "have a life".

Also you can have a ****load of gear too. First of all, doing the campaign gives you "lootboxes", the ones which otherwise cost 500 steel, and contain 5 pieces of gear. Second, counting all my expenses, I amassed nearly 20k steel already (bought 2 heroes, one mythic outfit, and currently have more than 3000, so that's 19000k+). So if I wouldn't have been "seduced by bling" I'd be able to get (20000/500)*5 = 200 (or more) pieces of gear when I ding Prestige 3 on Warlord, not counting the boxes I got for doing the campaign.. Seeing that I'm at 46 gearscore only by using "after battle" loot, you can bet your sweet arse that I would've skyrocketed to gearscore 108 instantly.

But why am I surprised really... People with the same "I don't want to / can't play much so feel sorry for me, and give me stuff, because I deserve it" mentality infested (and ruined) so many games so far. why would For Honor be an exception...

Hannibalurg
02-22-2017, 01:18 PM
The current issue with gear is that it creates a meta, and the meta right now is based on Revenge. If you go for any other gear parts other then those that support Revenge attack/build/duriation you are gimping yourself.

Tocki92
02-22-2017, 01:20 PM

Good for you, my shugoki is prestige 2, lvl 12, soon I'm prestige 3 and have 5 boxes and almost 10k steel, to boost the **** out of my main hero. I profit from the system at the moment, because I often meet lower levels.
But I want that the game become successful, when they **** up the matchmaking, they will not succeed.

Recpit
02-22-2017, 01:35 PM
There is nothing they can do that you can't, that is natural balance.
Choosing not to do what they can do does not make the game broken, it makes you broken.
You sound like you are trying to 1 vs 1 in a game mode with boosts and teams.
I run at he start of a fight, I have Sprint Speed gear and with a Speed Boost I can cross an entire map in a blink
I make The Flash look like a snail.
I only have gear score of 41.
People have complained for years when others don't play 'fair'
As an ex-Night Elf Rogue in WoW, you wouldn't believe how many complaints I used to get about backstabbing people from stealth.
Literally what the class is designed to do, but it's not 'fair'
All is fair in war.
If someone runs to attack one of your team mates, go and attack one of theirs, group up, play smart, adapt.
It's not about gear, its about choices.

I noticed by what you just typed that you didnt get my point. But its fine. Beside of that, you are talking about two games that are so different between eachothers. As you cant compare a mmorpg with a moba or a fps i think you cant compare WoW with Overwatch or For Honor. Its your opinion, so im fine with it. Adapting into something means that you have to take it as it is and play consequently. Im not saying geared people are unbeatable, but you cant deny that having gears makes a HUGE difference. I can make good or bad choices, but still, if someone with gears can easy outrun someone without, you can also understand that my support to the team its inconsistent, as long as if he manage to kill 2 people while i cant kill one, AS MUCH AS I CAN BE BAD, you will also understand that we will be in disadvantage the majority of the times. If you think, as everyone else does, that this is fine, and making things unbalanced its alright, especially in a pvp game, then i think that for both of us would be pointless to keep talking. As someone before me said, i payed for a full game, if you let me play half the game there is something wrong. And, before everyone says, i played beta and closed beta, so i knew exacly what i would buy before buying it. Dominions were ok those days, and there werent such issues. If i knew it would have been like that i wouldnt ever bought the game, beside the fact i am currently playing or not. Im pretty sure that if they will keep up like this they will lose a lot of people playing FH, especially the ones that you call "casuals", and some wont buy the game. i dont know how much can be good for the developers, but hey, im not one of them, so i dont have to bother.

Eternal__Prime
02-24-2017, 02:16 AM
In THIS game, its all about skill.
If you can play good with your character, you have the most advantage of all.

I only play Peacekeeper cause i like fast characters even if they are squishy.

At open beta launch my biggest problem was to fight against orochi, i learned to dodge an block the attacks and destroy them.

With prestige 1 gear-lvl 40 i fighted against a prestige 6 warden gear-lvl 108 (gamemode deathmatch destruction) and i won even in 2 v 1.

Now im rep.3 gear-lvl 108, and yes its a revenge attack and block build.

Pro: in 2/3 vs. 1 i can survive cause of block and dodge

Cons: my stamina is after 1 attack series empty

I can not kill enemy by kick them in environment(in my own opinion. It is noobstyle)

All in all: if you dont know how to encounter your enemys moves and cant play your own character, you will lose.

I have a win-rate of 72% in duel and there are gear stats deactivated.

PS: sorry for the grammar, im german