PDA

View Full Version : End-game gear is ridiculous broken

AKosse1996
02-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Hey Guys, who came to the idea to make gear like this? i had today a elemination game, where i fightet against an prestige 5 orochi with golden (over lvl 100) equipment. First i thought that this has to be a pro and i had no chance...but i was surprised how bad he was. He did only make hard, predictable attacks and i did parry every single one of them, so that i get with the free guard break an heavy from the top for free (i played orochi too). so he didnt block a single attack, didnt feint or stuff he did just attacked me and getted parryt ever single time. But after i get him down to 1/4 of his life he gets revenge ready (for nothing, except beeing hit by ONE person...i mean how should you prevent such thing?) and because he activated it when i attacked him i fall down, he land a single heavy...and i died. From one attack in revenge mode, that i cant even dodge or stuff since he just has to wait until i do any attack. And he didnt even have a damage buff picked up.

And this was against a player who played (at least in this game) not good at all, if you then would play against an actuall good player you had no chance at all. if you optimise your character for damage and getting revenge as fast as possible you are getting an ridiculous in which you rly dont need any skill at all anymore (except dont be killed by falling from a cliff and stuff.

i know this was already wished for many times, but since i get a high prestige rank now too so that i face only people with high prestige ranks (and high equipment) the 4v4 modes getting a joke from what they are used to be, so can we please get the possibility, to play 4v4īs without any buffs from the epuipment like in 1v1 and 2v2?

Varicose_Veins
02-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Ubi may have screwed themselves with this.

If they allow a 4v4 game mode without gear it might mean those who have spent money don't have enough people to play against.

At the same time lots of us don't like playing the highly geared game.

PRAETORlAN
02-21-2017, 12:20 PM
Well this whole gearing stuff is broken as ****, I mean guys were already prestige 3-5 and gearscore 108 by the time of last friday. Yes, 3-4 days (depending on when did he reach that on friday) after release. He even made a post about it on the For Honor Reddit. Sure you have to be a nolifer for that, but still.

Also sometimes the gearscore of 1 guy in the enemy team is higher, than the combined gearscore of my whole team.. Ubi really didn't think this through I guess. :|

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Revenge gear is too strong right now (thats why i dont play revenge gear myself - all my pieces lower revenge stats). It need to be nerfed.

And hard to call end-game gear on reputation 5 character where there is 30 lvls of reputation :)

My solution against that geared enemy: he got revenge, i feint attack, he use revenge (i dont fall cuz it was feint), wait for end of buff, kill him.

AKosse1996
02-21-2017, 12:26 PM
hmm i get it, but the think is that high gear rly destroys the idea of the gear system. The gear system is supposed to be Individualize your stats to your playstyle. for example if you are always going to attack the point from the enemy in conquest mode you use gear that improves your running speed, if you are a tank who stays at your point you are going for more defence, and less mobility and stuff. Its rly a cool idea. And i had rly much fun adapting my gear to my playstyle and fighting against others that are doing the same. But sadly the high end gear comes with combinations that are totally wrecking the whole idea of an skill based fightinggame, since they are just op. Getting killed by 3 hits from a backstabbing peacekeeper with high end gear just does not felt fair in any way, and i think as long as you dont have this high end gears yourself so you can "troll" other players with your gearcombos, noone has fun playing with high level gear.

so if they dont want to make a mode where gear does not matter, they have at least look very closly to the high end gear possibilitys and nerf the stats that just broke the whole game principle. But as long it statys the way it is, i am only playing 4v4 modes for the Quests, what is rly sad, since 4v4 where awesome gamemodes for me until i reach this end level gear area :/

AKosse1996
02-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Revenge gear is too strong right now (thats why i dont play revenge gear myself). It need to be nerfed.

And hard to call end-game gear on reputation 5 character where there is 30 lvls of reputation :)

My solution against that geared enemy: he got revenge, i feint attack, he use revenge (i dont fall cuz it was feint), wait for end of buff, kill him.

as much i know, the highest level of gear is 18 and you can get it when you reached prestige 3 (and the higher prestige ranks only improve your chance for getting his high level gear)

yeah i have to try this out but it still is a very unfunny gamemechanik to play against :( and as i sayed, if you say want to play a new hero, with lvl 1 gear, and your opponents play high level gear ( and play at least a bit decend) you have no chance winning any 1v1īs against them. And because of this you are "doomed" to play your main character in 4v4 what is not an optimal solution at all :(

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 12:33 PM
as much i know, the highest level of gear is 18 and you can get it when you reached prestige 3 (and the higher prestige ranks only improve your chance for getting his high level gear)

yeah i have to try this out but it still is a very unfunny gamemechanik to play against :( and as i sayed, if you say want to play a new hero, with lvl 1 gear, and your opponents play high level gear ( and play at least a bit decend) you have no chance winning any 1v1īs against them. And because of this you are "doomed" to play your main character in 4v4 what is not an optimal solution at all :(

Really? I dont have any character on rep 30 so i couldnt know that. It can be right. If its true, than its strange, cuz you have crates for 500 steel that have 2 higher gear lvl on them, so lvling to rep 3 and buying crates, then upgrading gear and thats it...

EothK
02-21-2017, 12:50 PM
I had imagined that the higher I'd level the more amazing/badass and cool the fights would get.

Instead the high lvl gear just turns everyone into defensive turtles waiting to get revenge mode to get 1 or 2 hits in which in 75% of the fights also finish it.

I actually stopped playing my lvl character to return to low lvl opponents for more fun fights.

tonycawley69
02-21-2017, 12:59 PM
It's not the gear that's broken, it's the matchmaking.

It would be totally fair if both players had similarly powerful gear, but the matchmaking insists on putting players against each other of unequal skill or gear level.

AKosse1996
02-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Really? I dont have any character on rep 30 so i couldnt know that. It can be right. If its true, than its strange, cuz you have crates for 500 steel that have 2 higher gear lvl on them, so lvling to rep 3 and buying crates, then upgrading gear and thats it...

i think this is the reason why you can find prestige 3 player that already have golden epupment (>lvl 100) since you only have to buy enough crates.

I had imagined that the higher I'd level the more amazing/badass and cool the fights would get.

Instead the high lvl gear just turns everyone into defensive turtles waiting to get revenge mode to get 1 or 2 hits in which in 75% of the fights also finish it.

I actually stopped playing my lvl character to return to low lvl opponents for more fun fights.

but did it work? because how did the matchmaking know that you are playing an low level character and not your main? cause always when i play a character that i dont play often i still get the prestige 3 and above enemys like when im playing with my main.

It's not the gear that's broken, it's the matchmaking.

It would be totally fair if both players had similarly powerful gear, but the matchmaking insists on putting players against each other of unequal skill or gear level.

that is not totally true in my opinon: of course it would be fair for everyone since everyone has the same op equipment but as rudomm23 says the fights are not feeling like for honor duels anymore, since everyone is just waiting for his revenge and then spamming attack. So even if you have high and equipment as well, it may be fair in terms of that you win 50% ofīyour duels but they are not fun to play at all.

Alchemist..
02-21-2017, 01:23 PM
ye, gear stats are ridiculous. yesterday i play 4v4 elimination with orochi who use bow and kunai in start of every fight, drain me to low hp without moving from spawn place and kill with one light hit. really? where is fight? where is fun? and thats only first week of game, i cant imagine what will be afret month or 2 after release when 90% of players have 108 lvl gear you spend 5 min to join match and 1-2 min fight overall? this game is just poorly designed and most sad thing is that this gear wont give you any late game experience/fun useless unitll you want to grind lvl whole days without any fun or skill fights

tonycawley69
02-21-2017, 01:24 PM
But you could focus on a high attack stat so you kill them before they get their revenge.

DeLatv
02-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Get throw distance, parry and throw them into enviroment kill

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 02:00 PM
i think this is the reason why you can find prestige 3 player that already have golden epupment (>lvl 100) since you only have to buy enough crates.

but did it work? because how did the matchmaking know that you are playing an low level character and not your main? cause always when i play a character that i dont play often i still get the prestige 3 and above enemys like when im playing with my main.

that is not totally true in my opinon: of course it would be fair for everyone since everyone has the same op equipment but as rudomm23 says the fights are not feeling like for honor duels anymore, since everyone is just waiting for his revenge and then spamming attack. So even if you have high and equipment as well, it may be fair in terms of that you win 50% ofīyour duels but they are not fun to play at all.

I've always thought of picking your warrior first then choosing what type of 4v4 you wish to play and find opponents based of the warrior you are using. Then also nerf the revenge stats on equipment.
It turns into a different game at high levels. It's a big issue I can't believe ubi didn't see in development.

Dez_troi_aR
02-21-2017, 02:01 PM
You are right in so far, that revenge gear is too strong at the moment. It will most likely get reworked.

But i have three issues with your thread:

- What you are describing is not "End-game". The game is about skill, not gear. A Soccer match is not "endgame" if a bunch of 12 year old (which we all are atm, a week after release) are wearing expensive tricots

- The really balanced mode is Duel. Dont hop into a 4vs4 buttonmash-fest with feats, buffs and gear stats on top and expect everything to be balanced out nicely.

- While rework is needed (as experted with a pretty innovative game so shortly after release) your headline suggests the game is unplayable once players get the mechanics down. The opposite thing is the case.

Ok, thats it from me.
Have a nice day !

Skarik-
02-21-2017, 02:04 PM
The thing is, we are 8 days into the game.
Eventually everyone will have this gear.
Then whatever bonuses he is getting from his 108 gear you can have too, or you can have something that counters, like extremely high defence, better attack etc.
I don't think you can balance things out yet until the average gear level is a bit more even across the playerbase.
Having said that, anyone saying gear makes no difference is mad, so the matchmaking needs to stop putting gear 10 people with gear 108 people.
Whatever stats the game is using to matchmake at the moment needs to be looked at.

Endgame still Boils down to revenge spamm. Period.
Revenge shouldnt exist in a game like this in the first place, utter ********. It Ruins every Aspect of skill. So how does a endgame Match look like, revenge spamm vs revenge spamm. Really Not what the game Promised to be.
1. Revenge should be removed
2. (This is not going to happen) gear should have been cosmetics only in the first place, impossible to Balance the game now for ubisoft. Domination should have been skill Based like 1v1 2v2.

WheepingSong
02-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Endgame still Boils down to revenge spamm. Period.
Revenge shouldnt exist in a game like this in the first place, utter ********. It Ruins every Aspect of skill. So how does a endgame Match look like, revenge spamm vs revenge spamm. Really Not what the game Promised to be.
1. Revenge should be removed
2. (This is not going to happen) gear should have been cosmetics only in the first place, impossible to Balance the game now for ubisoft. Domination should have been skill Based like 1v1 2v2.

I disagree.
Revenge is brilliant tbh. It was introduced to enable 2v1 and 3v1. If you can pull off a 2v1 or 3v1 it feels great and very satisfying. Imagine all the crying going on if there was no revenge mode.

I agree though. It should not be a thing in 1v1 situations and im sure Ubi will do something about the gear. The game has been out for a week now, keep that in mind.

TyraelThunder
02-21-2017, 02:25 PM
ye, gear stats are ridiculous. yesterday i play 4v4 elimination with orochi who use bow and kunai in start of every fight, drain me to low hp without moving from spawn place and kill with one light hit. really? where is fight? where is fun? and thats only first week of game, i cant imagine what will be afret month or 2 after release when 90% of players have 108 lvl gear you spend 5 min to join match and 1-2 min fight overall? this game is just poorly designed and most sad thing is that this gear wont give you any late game experience/fun useless unitll you want to grind lvl whole days without any fun or skill fights

Well, why you donīt dodge the arrow easily? Same with Noob-Uschi. Just dodge it...

And revenge: against new players itīs broken as hell. Against skilled players, revenge means nothing at all. Only my experience so far...

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 02:30 PM
Wanna post it here to:

Its ****ing p2w
Its impossible to play new characters in 4v4 once you reached a certain lvl on your account
I have one lvl 3 rep character
Yesterday I want to play Shugoki hes lvl 10 no gear
Got killed in 3 or 4 hits from 100 to 0 from a PK
The PK was on C when i came in he was alone, I grabbed him and ate 1 hit into hyper armor and went with the baseball move.
He got revenge, he lunged at me I blocked. I feinted top heavy to bait his revenge while doing it i ate second hit into hyper armor he popped revenge
He used his AOE attack and finished me off with it

MUCH WOW SUCH GAME

So now iam beeing forced to 1 character other wise i will get killed in 1 shots by skills or in 2-3 hits by random players GJ UBI

You dont believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1kPkllsWA

Dont know why the quali is this **** but right now its perfect because it represents the quali of 4v4 mods.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 02:40 PM
This won't be a thing when the game has been around for longer than 8 days.
Did none of the people talking like this ever play an MMO or anything like that.
You wouldn't dream of trying to fight a level 100 Night Elf Rogue with your level 1 character.
The wrong part is that the game is not matchmaking people against characters that have the same level / gear.
Anyway, you are not being forced to play one character, the game has been out 8 days, you are being forced to level up.
Standard RPG / MMO model for decades.

Which RPG lets me buy the Gear? WoW which your talking about doesnt.
I dont even wanna play an RPG I wanted to play For Honor, they said its skill based, they said gear would do little.
******** basicially

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 06:15 PM
You seem a bit confused about what your issue is, or maybe you just have a problem with everything, seems so.
Is the gear the problem, or 'paying for it' which you don't really have to do.Nothing can be bought that can't be earned.
WoW is just one of dozens of examples of games where low level gear is not supposed to compete with high level.
it's a tried and tested RPG levelling up model that works fine in other games.
Gear is not the issue, this game matching you with people who have 10x better gear than you is.
Surely you can see matchmaking is the problem?
Also, if you don't wanna play an RPG then you are playing the wrong game I guess.
Ubisoft lied.

Every publisher makes is possible but ultra hard so that people believe its not p2w u fell for it
My problem is beeing killed in 1 or 3 hits has no place in this game.
If you pay for gear you play against low equipp people because not everyone wants to stick to single char then you basiaclly bought an massive advantage and thats p2w

This game is not sold as an RPG

Urantus
02-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Hey Guys, who came to the idea to make gear like this? i had today a elemination game, where i fightet against an prestige 5 orochi with golden (over lvl 100) equipment. First i thought that this has to be a pro and i had no chance...but i was surprised how bad he was. He did only make hard, predictable attacks and i did parry every single one of them, so that i get with the free guard break an heavy from the top for free (i played orochi too). so he didnt block a single attack, didnt feint or stuff he did just attacked me and getted parryt ever single time. But after i get him down to 1/4 of his life he gets revenge ready (for nothing, except beeing hit by ONE person...i mean how should you prevent such thing?) and because he activated it when i attacked him i fall down, he land a single heavy...and i died. From one attack in revenge mode, that i cant even dodge or stuff since he just has to wait until i do any attack. And he didnt even have a damage buff picked up.

And this was against a player who played (at least in this game) not good at all, if you then would play against an actuall good player you had no chance at all. if you optimise your character for damage and getting revenge as fast as possible you are getting an ridiculous in which you rly dont need any skill at all anymore (except dont be killed by falling from a cliff and stuff.

i know this was already wished for many times, but since i get a high prestige rank now too so that i face only people with high prestige ranks (and high equipment) the 4v4 modes getting a joke from what they are used to be, so can we please get the possibility, to play 4v4īs without any buffs from the epuipment like in 1v1 and 2v2?

Ye yeye I have no time to play so much so everyone should be nerfed. F.... Y.. I say. If some people like to spend a lot of time and farm gear let them do it. The reason was to gather up a lot of different people . Thanks to that servers are full and you have a lot of people to play with. As you said you are SO GOOD you could parry everything. So you should be able to parry revenge mode attacks aswell. Stop crying and if you are SO GOOD the bad people with equipment cant kill you. I like the gear and I don't find it helping too much really. Im in 78 purple gear and it doesn't give too much to the game. You have also game modes 1v1 and 2v2 where there is no gear.
So stop crying and play because this game is awesome or uninstall and leave. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Giggley-puff
02-21-2017, 07:04 PM
I bought the golden edition. I have not spent any steel on packs. I find all my high lv gear as I'm saving for skins and I have extra chance for loot.

You do not have to spend money to buy packs, you can grind and find your gear. I know a lot of people like that.

Match making is the problem right now. Perhaps choosing the character you want to play and then match making off of that will slove the problem.

You people whine about playing against high level characters and call for nerfs. Boo hoo. Of course you're not supposed to be taking on players with gear three times your gear lv. A high lv gear VS a high lv gear is fine. It may need some adjustments on revenge since people are just turtling matches until revenge is achieved.

Once again, it's match making that needs to be fixed.

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 07:19 PM
You're still not getting it.

it doesn't matter what gear they have bought if you, on your gear 10 character, don't have to fight them with their gear 108 character.

If Matchmaking worked you would never see them and they would have no effect on your game at all.

I can only assume you just don't want anyone to have something you don't have and generally dislike in-game purchases.

That's fine, but that is not why you are dying in 3 hits to people with better gear. That is happening because matchmaking is broken.

Matchmaking will stay like this for months.
They would need to change it in a way that you have to select your character first and then join queue.
The way it is now it cant work

RatedChaotic
02-21-2017, 07:39 PM

If your playing a level 1 hero with 0 gear score in matches or modes were gear score matters even the slightest and complaining about getting beat by players with higher gear score...Your a moron. There are modes with gear stats turned off. Use them to level and gear up first.

Danioku
02-21-2017, 07:41 PM
NOT PREMADE GROUP

http://i.imgur.com/qMPr4kU.jpg

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 08:08 PM
As a Rep 3 Peacekeeper with 105 Gear Score, i can tell you that the gear isn't as "Overpowered" as alot of you make it out to be. What seems to getting completely disregarded here is the fact that the HIGHER the gear score the LOWER a particular stat of the gear will be if not nonexistent. For example I can literally get one shotted by a player of maybe 24 gear score. Not because he's better than me but because i have drastic trade offs for my strengths. One on one yea i should be able to take him without much difficulty (it depends) but what if i'm not wearing any debuff resistance (Most don't who have a "Revenge Build")? I can literally die from 2-3 stabs from a Nobushi that's 50 levels under me!! or ANYONE that does anything but regular damage as far as a explosions,fire,bleed etc... Stop blaming gear and start using strategy

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 08:17 PM
As a Rep 3 Peacekeeper with 105 Gear Score, i can tell you that the gear isn't as "Overpowered" as alot of you make it out to be. What seems to getting completely disregarded here is the fact that the HIGHER the gear score the LOWER a particular stat of the gear will be if not nonexistent. For example I can literally get one shotted by a player of maybe 24 gear score. Not because he's better than me but because i have drastic trade offs for my strengths. One on one yea i should be able to take him without much difficulty (it depends) but what if i'm not wearing any debuff resistance (Most don't who have a "Revenge Build")? I can literally die from 2-3 stabs from a Nobushi that's 50 levels under me!! or ANYONE that does anything but regular damage as far as a explosions,fire,bleed etc... Stop blaming gear and start using strategy

Ok tell me the strategy how do i prevent 1 shots from angles i cant see the stuff coming and
How do I prevent completly never getting hit by pk, Iam not going to post the video again but you can look for it it is in this thread i got 3 shotted by pk.
Stragetie is to stay out of 4v4 with low gear characters.

AKosse1996
02-21-2017, 08:27 PM
If your playing a level 1 hero with 0 gear score in matches or modes were gear score matters even the slightest and complaining about getting beat by players with higher gear score...Your a moron. There are modes with gear stats turned off. Use them to level and gear up first.

so your solution is to play 40 hours just 1v1 and 2v2 until you reach with the character prestige 3? nice advice.

Peligrad
02-21-2017, 08:40 PM
so your solution is to play 40 hours just 1v1 and 2v2 until you reach with the character prestige 3? nice advice.

Actually the fastest way to level and gear up is to do Dominion against AI. That has always been true since alpha.

But yeah... bot stomping isn't why we bought the game and match making (or lack there of) is definitely undermining the casual playerbase and it will kill the new player stream that games rely on for longevity.

They really should be matchmaking after you pick your hero based on gear score and performance stats.

Aeecto
02-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Revenge gear is too strong right now (thats why i dont play revenge gear myself - all my pieces lower revenge stats). It need to be nerfed.

Same... i donīt care about the revenge mode, for me as a conq and for my playstyle all the other stats are more effective..... and guess what, i eat these revengebuilds for breakfast since they lack diversity and only rely on their short revenge mode. itīs hit or miss for them and i just have to keep my distance or keep them in a shieldbash/lightattack chain because these revenge build user get very aggressive once their bar is full, they ignore their own defence.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Except they can invest in revenge gain by injury which would only help them if you managed to hit them with that high attack stat.

Rhett819
02-21-2017, 09:14 PM
And this is why I won't touch 4v4 PVP... I want to disable gear. Skill is already a huge factor, I don't need some random gear factor coming on and one-shotting me too. Not only is the matchmaking broken to put uneven teams against each other (much less dropping you into running, losing games frequently), there's no option to disable this stuff. I would play 4v4 if there were no feats or gear, but then we deal with split queues...

On top of that, screw these elimination orders. Most of the time you end up in Skirmish first, but then after that you have to hope everyone stays, and then on top of that dealing with the actual orders.

BOT..Salty
02-21-2017, 09:17 PM
PARRY is so bad that as an orochi I'd rather parry+gb+heavy instead of deflect+light

im_yosh
02-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Ok tell me the strategy how do i prevent 1 shots from angles i cant see the stuff coming and
How do I prevent completly never getting hit by pk, Iam not going to post the video again but you can look for it it is in this thread i got 3 shotted by pk.
Stragetie is to stay out of 4v4 with low gear characters.

Anyone can get one shotted when your opponent is in rage mode and should be one shotted if you stand there and do nothing to avoid it. Just because you're a tanky player doesn't mean you're invincible especially when the enemy basically has their special lol.