PDA

View Full Version : Any chance to bring back Splitscreen? ^^

Gothic_Mando
02-21-2017, 11:57 AM
So ive been loving this game since the closed beta, (particularly impressed by the inclusion of bot-only multiplayer), but i was disappointed to hear the exclusion of local multiplayer. This is sadly a rather forgotten gamemode in contemporary videogames nowadays. Dont get me wrong, i love online co-op, but if theres any chance of getting splitscreen back into this game, itd really be the icing on a pretty awesome cake. If nothing else itd be great to hear from a dev exactly why the feature was dropped in the first place. (performance? resources? manpower?...or just plain corporate greed? : /)

And im sure im not the only one who feels this way.

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 12:01 PM
i'm surprised to learn that there ever was a split screen. feels pretty claustrophobic already even with 90 fov. i would litteraly feel sick playing this splitscreen

DeLatv
02-21-2017, 01:40 PM
I could agree with teksuo1. I cant imagine playing with split :D.
Even tho i understand why people want that. Playing coop campaing together on the couch sounds fun.

D4thnel
03-03-2017, 06:23 AM
Hey developers, players want offline multiplayer.
We're not buying the b.s. excuses anymore. We know you can do it. Local co-op is more plausible than ever before.
Our TVs are bigger and higher res now, so we have the screen "real estate."
And we know and expect splitscreen to affect graphics and performance, but our consoles are more powerful than ever now. If you could do it on PS1, you can do it on PS4.

Plus, we also know that you can cast gameplay across two screens, thanks to The Division. The average American household has 2.9 T.V. sets, so you could very well give us the OPTION for offline multiplayer where players 1 and 2 get one screen and players 2 and 3 get the other.

There's your "demand," so how about "supplying" us? Here's a link to a Gameranx video on YouTube for further proof of demand for offline multiplayer. https://youtu.be/mMBho-JBJyE
I look forward to a response.

Dukester321
03-03-2017, 06:26 AM
i'm surprised to learn that there ever was a split screen. feels pretty claustrophobic already even with 90 fov. i would litteraly feel sick playing this splitscreen

Ok well.. then don't. Other people like myself and my friends would love it though.

D4thnel
03-03-2017, 06:32 AM
So ive been loving this game since the closed beta, (particularly impressed by the inclusion of bot-only multiplayer), but i was disappointed to hear the exclusion of local multiplayer. This is sadly a rather forgotten gamemode in contemporary videogames nowadays. Dont get me wrong, i love online co-op, but if theres any chance of getting splitscreen back into this game, itd really be the icing on a pretty awesome cake. If nothing else itd be great to hear from a dev exactly why the feature was dropped in the first place. (performance? resources? manpower?...or just plain corporate greed? : /)

And im sure im not the only one who feels this way.

You're not. Check out my comment below, there's a link to a video in YouTube talking about splitscreen, plenty of people in the comments section talking about how they want it and miss it.
Developers dump truckloads of money into huge CGI design teams to immerse players in their game by making interactive movies thay tug at your heartstrings. But when you can play with others in the same room as you and use it to bond with them, THAT'S what makes a game valuable and worth it.