PDA

View Full Version : Warden - Speed

CaptianBeetle
02-21-2017, 11:47 AM
The Warden swings his sword around like a damn feather, and some of his side attacks are near instant. Discuss.

(Ps - The captcha needs to go. )

awolcz
02-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Orochi is faster, Nobushi is faster, Peacekeaper is faster, Berserker is faster. Warden has just really fast top light attack, which is also his specific move. Side attack is actually slow, it is probably free second hit which confuses you, which warden gets if first hit lands. This is also class specific. But first light attack can be easily blocked.

MrWTF
02-21-2017, 11:54 AM
If you are referring to the fact that he wields a longsword (two handed sword), then you should know that they aren't actaully heavy at all. Actual longswords aren't the same as an anime-block of metal so heavy you could crush a car with it-sword. Pick one up in real life, swing it around, especially the way Warden does the side attacks (very close to he's own body) and you'd realise it's perfectly reasonable :)

SerArthur-Dayne
02-21-2017, 12:02 PM
He has a decent speed top attack, and a fast zone attack that always hits the exact same side. Every other attack in his aresenal is slow. Regular lights and all of his heavies are real slow, to the point you wont ever use them.

Nobody should be getting hit by any of his other attacks tbh, unless its a gank from behind. Ive even had people get up faster from a knockdown before I could land a top heavy! lol

If you take away either of these 2 attacks, he becomes the worst class in the game imo. Hes not particularly good as is, unless the player is an absolute parry god and can parry every top attack thrown at them, and win all GB fights too.

DeLatv
02-21-2017, 01:38 PM
There is almost no animation for zone attack. Its the zone and top. People dont even bother to use normal lights, heavy attacks with warden.

Havent parried a single warden, the only hero in the game i cant cos they dont use normal attacks like any other hero.

BiZkiT_Walwin
02-21-2017, 01:57 PM
I'm only using top light and zone attack as a Warden because the rest is simply to easy to be countered. It shouldn't be too hard to habe two directions covered keeping in mind that most of the Wardens like me will just remain passive and wait for the enemy attack to parry it, Guardbreak and then get a heavy or vortex in.

Maaci
02-21-2017, 02:11 PM
As someone mentioned in the thread already, wardens top light and the area attack are fast, the rest are really slow.
So he will use top light attack and the area attack+his shouldercharge into cancel guardbreak and so on.

Otherwise this class would be kinda useless witt just one thing gone. Thats why the game needs to take care of issues like this->design issues first before balance issues, sure they go hand in hand sometimes.

Classes needs to feel unique, thats why there are classes while balanced withinthemself->warden in this case is imbalanced in his own case since 85% of his arsenal are bad and not used. You understand what i mean? A class that is balanced with itself should use 70% of the tools atleast~ and have good and fun interactions with other classes.
That means, you should have a say in what you can do against someone else.

Dez_troi_aR
02-21-2017, 02:21 PM
I know some classes can be confusing when certain players bring up strategies which seem really hard to punish.

I have encountered a warden myself yesterday who was doing 70% of the dmg with zone attacks. I know the temptation is high to just decide that XYZ is too strong or the player is exploiting something but in all the games i have played i have never encountered something which cannot be countered if you take your time to think of a solution and practice it.

Top light is fast but can absolutly be reacted to. Zone attack is limited to attacking your left side, so it can be dealt with, too.

Dez_troi_aR
02-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Classes needs to feel unique, thats why there are classes while balanced withinthemself->warden in this case is imbalanced in his own case since 85% of his arsenal are bad and not used. You understand what i mean? A class that is balanced with itself should use 70% of the tools atleast~ and have good and fun interactions with other classes.
That means, you should have a say in what you can do against someone else.

I am a warden main and i use every single one of his moves. (And every single one is needed because there arent that many)
Every ability has its place. I feel good about him. There are some players who focus exclusively on the moves which are the hardest to be dealt with, but that will only make you predictable.