PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi's Right - Left Guard Stance Transition Time

Dkdninja420
02-21-2017, 11:44 AM
It seems to me that Nobushi struggles with transitioning from right guard to left (and visa versa) at a reasonable speed that can gaurd against a right/left/right/left (infinite...?) peacekeeper/oroshi light attack combo. Its perhaps more noticeable without the GB Interrupt mechanic repaired but I still feel its slower than all others.

Altair_Snake
02-21-2017, 11:57 AM
There is a thread made recently about it. She is the slowest, along with Shugoki and maybe another one.

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 11:59 AM
nobushi's perform pretty damn well though, they'd be scary if buffed in any way at all.

Cel nxtlvl
02-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Nobushi absolutely struggles with transitioning from blocking left to right. I recently came to understand that. I am a Nobushi user and man does that get on my nerve. Keep your distance.

Dkdninja420
02-21-2017, 01:24 PM
All the times a player is able to close the Range Gap and gets up close and personal to only start mashing Light Attack it becomes almost a no contest fight because of this. No parry/Block/dodge option... 1-10 a roll but that's only if there is a rage-quit/lag-spike/miracle-pause that doesn't end with a d/c....

Egotistic_Ez
02-21-2017, 01:45 PM
I don't understand why there is even a difference between heroes. It seems like a basic mechanic that should always be the same speed.

Felis_Menari
02-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Don't go there. It's purgatory.

Just because you had some arguments with someone doesn't mean others should not seek valuable I formation that can be found there.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-21-2017, 02:21 PM
I kinda think it seems balanced. Nobushi is an absolute menace to fight against and its so hard to get within reach of her without getting holes poked into you. So im sure her counter was someone who cay get right in her face and force her onto the defensive, as a polearm would be hard to switch stances with. Someone like PK is probably her derect counter, can dodge a poke well, and then close the gap and harass with fast left/right combos. Same way Nobushi can keep wardens and lots of others at bay. Just my thoughts though...

Overbrutal1
02-21-2017, 02:23 PM
I did not experience that, when I am using Nobushi. Tbh when I am fighting against one, I feel like it should be nerfed to the speed of the peacekeeper.

hafeatnburito
02-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Lawbringer also has a slower guard switch. I understand that pole weapons would take longer to switch stance, but for game balancing, I don't see why this is a thing. It makes defending against assassin classes much more difficult when they get in your face and light attack spam. I main Lawbringer and let me tell you, his slow *** gets stomped in those situations. I try to get distance, but PK has so much gap close. I do a shove after block, overhead gap close light attack spam. I get a parry off, cool. Recover, dodge, light attack spam. All you can really do is just dodge backwards and yell for teammates. Everything I do is just too slow to keep up with the light spam. I have found one effective counter, though. I throw them off a cliff. If anybody else has some suggestions other than being Ledge Daddy, I'm open for it