PDA

View Full Version : Tech the throw / guardbreak

lord_kek
02-21-2017, 10:32 AM
after watching a few video's on how to play vs char x the narrator always keeps talking about 'teching the throw' or 'teching the guardbreak'.

what the !@# are they talking about?

Altair_Snake
02-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Escaping the guard break. Press the GB button when they GB you. The timing is rather specific. If you do it right, you push them off before they can throw you or strike you.

lord_kek
02-21-2017, 10:41 AM
cheers for the reply.

how is that different from just counter-guardbreaking ? why do they refer to it as 'teching'.

Baron_Kreight
02-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Can't say for sure but I think it's a nerds term coming form fighting games. It means you should use your muscle memory to mechanically do something.

PlagueGripes
02-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Fighting games bring a lot of toxicity and ridiculous terminologies that have no actual meaning. Unfortunately, a lot of it seeped into FH.

I look forward to the day moves start being referred to as "DPs" for no reason.

Brandonbravado
02-21-2017, 10:58 AM
It's called a tech, because back in the age of 2d fighting games, when you would press the grab button to break out of a grab, the screen would say, "Technical". Now any grab breaks in any fighting games are called teching grabs. The more you know.

lord_kek
02-21-2017, 11:12 AM
right. i'm gonna go with the 'nerds being fancy' explanation.

;)

Altair_Snake
02-21-2017, 11:17 AM
And it gets more complicated. "Tech" also has a totally different meaning, specially in the Soul Calibur community. It means a strike that includes an evasion, like the Orochi's Riptide Strike. That'd be called Tech Back, or TB.