PDA

View Full Version : Toxicity towards conquerors

PilusMedicus
02-21-2017, 10:15 AM
At this moment i my main conqueror, and hes almost prestige 3.
But every 8 out of like 10 games which isn't really a exaggeration, players are extremely toxic towards me for using shield bash alot.
and i think other conqueror players can sympatize aswell.

Upon asking them what else i can do ( since obviously they know the class better than i do ), to chain my lights or heavy's, they become either silent or just trowing insults randomly.

this is not a occasion that happens sometimes, it litterely almost happens every match.
It gotten so bad, that i'm sometimes considering just playing another character instead of seeing all the insults that the dictionary has to offer on a daily basis.
And personally i'm the type of person who doesn't take insults personaly at all, and thats saying something.

Giannisxania7
02-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Tell them to dogde :P

L0rdZwu
02-21-2017, 10:25 AM
that schield bash spam is cancerous, yes - but the whole balancing seems crap. i hope they have enough data gatered for a complete balance patch soon

RatedChaotic
02-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Why let it bother you? Welcome to online gaming. Every game that has pvp has trash talkers and haters when they are "Mad cuz Bad".

JeanDuValle
02-21-2017, 11:02 AM
If you believe that the only viable way to play a character is to spam the same combo over and over again, which by the way if it works leaves the opponent with nothing to do, then by all means do it but do not be surprised if that is the reaction you get.
It's your choice to play that way, or because of a lack of options for the Conqueror, it's your choice to play him anyway.
I personally despise such playstyle but I never throw insults around.

PilusMedicus
02-21-2017, 11:13 AM
If you believe that the only viable way to play a character is to spam the same combo over and over again, which by the way if it works leaves the opponent with nothing to do, then by all means do it but do not be surprised if that is the reaction you get.
It's your choice to play that way, or because of a lack of options for the Conqueror, it's your choice to play him anyway.

i'm not the type who just does the '' heavy - bash - heavy - bash '' 99% of time.
i also trowing 2 heavys in a row, or normal shield bash + light attack.
hell to even show bit of diversity i sometimes trow in my zone attack once in a while, and we all know how crap the conq zone attack is.
and still even when i mix up all other things in it, i still get the same toxicity over and over again.

When asked what else i can do, they sometimes start saying i have the light attack chain, or heavy - heavy, or light heavy.
which anyone in their right mind wouldnt do because that is just asking '' please parry me ''
there is litterely nothing else i can start with chaining attacks other than shield bash.

Sure it is my choice to play him, but that doesn't automaticly mean you should insult the guy playing the class, because of the people's inability to dodge the predictable chain.

All i am saying that this is not a situation that happens sometimes, it litterely happens in all of the duel matches. and it becomes quiete tiresome.

JOHN19812017
02-21-2017, 11:17 AM
it will be ok after they fix PK bleed they will all start crying about that keep strong CONQ

Razor__Fox
02-21-2017, 11:22 AM
What I find aggravating about the conqueror shield bash is how safe it is. you can do it with impunity, if you get dodged you can still block and you can tech guard breaks. if you are fighting someone who doesnt have a dodge attack just follow the shield bash up with a light and you are functionally invincible. basically the only way they can do any damage to you is if they manage to dodge the shield bash and parry the light.

Honestly I just find conqueror slow and boring to fight, both as AND against.

WUTANGTheRZA
02-21-2017, 11:23 AM
I main Conq and people get enraged by the shield bash. If you can corner someone and they can't dodge left/right and you get them bouncing off of the walls they can't dodge. TBH that's all Conqs have though. Their feints are useless, way too slow and their stam pool is pathetic. They do have decent health but I've been killed in seconds by Orochi etc.

Play Assassins. They're fast enough that you can't get shield bash abused by Conqs.

MarkEight
02-21-2017, 11:29 AM
If I remember right, there should be an option to disable the text chat altogether in the settings. And you can and should report any player that you believe breaks the Code of Conduct.

Gojema
02-21-2017, 11:39 AM
I think it is the animation of the bash attacks. It feels a bit out of the place and should only be used for "special" attacks. But they aren't special for those characters, they are being spammed.

The functioning is ok. I actually think this is how guard break should work normally.

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 11:45 AM
i actually enjoy fighting warlords and conqs. it's the shugokies that wreck me.
(PK main atm)

PRAETORlAN
02-21-2017, 12:02 PM
You play like cancer and then you wonder why you get flamed? Lol...

Currently I'm maining Warlord while waiting for a Lawbringer buff, and I'm actively avoiding using the "all block" stance. Not because it exceeds my mental capacity to push "c", but the "allblock-light-allblock-light" combospam is the Warlord cancer, and I don't want to play like that. Also I've had Conquerors beating me without using the shieldbash spam, so yeah as JeanDuValle said (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1585443-Toxicity-towards-conquerors?p=12344916&viewfull=1#post12344916), it's your choice to play like a despiacble cancerous ****, but don't go crybaby if people get vocal about you playing like that.

PilusMedicus
02-21-2017, 12:18 PM
You play like cancer and then you wonder why you get flamed? Lol...

Currently I'm maining Warlord while waiting for a Lawbringer buff, and I'm actively avoiding using the "all block" stance. Not because it exceeds my mental capacity to push "c", but the "allblock-light-allblock-light" combospam is the Warlord cancer, and I don't want to play like that. Also I've had Conquerors beating me without using the shieldbash spam, so yeah as JeanDuValle said (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1585443-Toxicity-towards-conquerors?p=12344916&viewfull=1#post12344916), it's your choice to play like a despiacble cancerous ****, but don't go crybaby if people get vocal about you playing like that.

Alright, than like i said in my OP, tell me what else i can do than just trow 1 heavy or 1 light from a neutral stance?
Tell me what that other conqueror did in order for it not being cancerous gameplay in your eyes.
i ****ing ask this everytime when people like you get cancerously toxic, but when asked for an alternative gameplay to your liking, people like you can't get up with any reasonable answers.
like ****ing tell me how i can do things differently, if you have the audicity to call someones gameplay toxic, than you must have an answer to it at the same time

Felis_Menari
02-21-2017, 12:36 PM
I think the one problem with the non-sprinting shield bash is that it has a guaranteed follow-up if the bash hits. Now if everyone could sidestep it and punish it if they react fast enough, sure, then it's fair game. But if we can't sidestep it and get a guard break attempt in before the light attack follow-up comes, (which would render the GB useless and result in free outgoing damage) or even a light attack of our own, then I think we have a problem.

PilusMedicus
02-21-2017, 01:00 PM
I think the one problem with the non-sprinting shield bash is that it has a guaranteed follow-up if the bash hits. Now if everyone could sidestep it and punish it if they react fast enough, sure, then it's fair game. But if we can't sidestep it and get a guard break attempt in before the light attack follow-up comes, (which would render the GB useless and result in free outgoing damage) or even a light attack of our own, then I think we have a problem.

somewhat true indeed.
but conquerors have one major downside in comparison with all other classes, we can't feint our heavy attacks.
( in before people tell me you can cancel the heavy with the C block, this is not a feint it takes twice as long to recover from it and leaves you wide open for either a light or a guard break, and also cant be combo'd into a guard break or light attack )

DeLatv
02-21-2017, 01:29 PM
All yellow attacks, aka shield crushes, shoulder bashes, pushen n **** are cancerous. There is no clear sign, when u should be dodging and how to counter that.
If those attacks were as telegraphed as light attacks, it wouldnt be a problem because then people could just learn how to defend against them.
But playing for 50 hours, i still have no clue how to defend against those attacks, except predicting them and doing light attack against them, or dodging (but its still a random chance for me to dodge, or get chased by enemy like an missile)

Brave_Thunder
02-21-2017, 01:41 PM
It's pretty senseless to ask what you can do.You have lights,heavyes and the all blocks,you have chains just like any other character.Using a lot shield bash would be like to just stay near a wall as kensei,and spam gb into free top heavy unblockable.What a fun and skillfull combat,right?

PilusMedicus
02-21-2017, 01:47 PM
It's pretty senseless to ask what you can do.You have lights,heavyes and the all blocks,you have chains just like any other character.Using a lot shield bash would be like to just stay near a wall as kensei,and spam gb into free top heavy unblockable.What a fun and skillfull combat,right?

continualy throw in lights or heavys from a neutral guard stance is only giving free parrys to the enemy since our attacks are quiete slow in comparison of the warden top light speed.
and when i dont use shield bashes to throw my chains around, the only thing i can than do is wait for the enemy to attack and block + GB, but than i get called a turtle and get flamed the attacker always loses.

no one, absolutely no one uses continualy light and heavy spams consistant in a row besides from peacekeeper when shes close.
this is just giving the enemy free parries

give me anything outside the usual '' you have light heavy and blocks '', give me any alternitive from using shieldbash. any hidden combo that doesnt require shieldbash

Knight_Raime
02-21-2017, 01:47 PM

Uh. No. conq has a few hit chains sure. but all of his attacks are slow as heck and can be seen and reacted to by even the newest player. the bash heavy combo is the only reliable combo he has. and even then the heavy is parryable as hell and the bash is dodgable by a lot of people. conq is NOT about comboing the hell out of people. much like orochi he's about single hits and wearing the enemy down. except conq is safe due to his shield.

THECDNVIKING
02-23-2017, 08:27 PM
This is a great thread.
All these babies crying bout your style of play cause they can't counter it.
He isn't the cancer guys, you are. He is playing the game the way it is supposed to be played and you guys ****e on him just to try to excuse your shoddy play.
Ignore their useless asses and keep on keeping on brother!
(I also run conquerer so I this is extremely funny for me)

Salt_Fist
02-23-2017, 08:31 PM
It's because these kids need a reason for their losses other than the fact that they're just bad they got outplayed or anything of the sort saying shield bashing is cancerous all you have to do is hit x and Dodge it that's it it's free

Munktor
02-23-2017, 08:34 PM

Maybe you've never played CQ before, but he has the smallest moveset in the game (next to Bezerker I believe).

Bash -> Heavy, Heavy / Bash -> Heavy

Those are his two effective chains as light, light, heavy is nigh impossible to land as his light is so easy to block and cannot be chained if blocked.

What would you suggest people playing a CQ do? Just die? They HAVE to chain with bash to be effective as it's their character design.

Danioku
02-23-2017, 08:38 PM
But every 8 out of like 10 games which isn't really a exaggeration, players are extremely toxic towards me for using shield bash alot.

Upon asking them what else i can do ( since obviously they know the class better than i do ), to chain my lights or heavy's, they become either silent or just trowing insults randomly.

this is not a occasion that happens sometimes, it litterely almost happens every match.
It gotten so bad, that i'm sometimes considering just playing another character instead of seeing all the insults that the dictionary has to offer on a daily basis.
And personally i'm the type of person who doesn't take insults personaly at all, and thats saying something.

1) Not your fault if that mechanic is absolutely dumb, broken and antifun, you just use it as it is.

2) Since salt and insults makes me tilt too, when i'm in duels or brawl, i simply mute all before the game starts. So i dont tilt, i dont waste time writing in chat and i stay more focused on the game.

Munktor
02-23-2017, 08:39 PM
All yellow attacks, aka shield crushes, shoulder bashes, pushen n **** are cancerous. There is no clear sign, when u should be dodging and how to counter that.
If those attacks were as telegraphed as light attacks, it wouldnt be a problem because then people could just learn how to defend against them.
But playing for 50 hours, i still have no clue how to defend against those attacks, except predicting them and doing light attack against them, or dodging (but its still a random chance for me to dodge, or get chased by enemy like an missile)

Wait...the glowing yellow and giant yellow shield isn't enough notice to hit left + dodge button???

I'm not sure I understand your point other than you personally have difficulty dodging highly telegraphed attacks.

Reign
02-23-2017, 10:39 PM
As a Conq. main (Rep. 4) I fight two types of people, those who let me heavy-bash them into a corner and those who don't. And while the ones who don't make for a more diverse and enjoyable fight if you think I won't do it to someone who let's me you're nuts. Sure I wish we had a larger move set but I use the tools available to me, and trust me there's plenty of people who understand how to avoid it.

When they dodge the bash I think "Oh sh*t I got a fight on my hands" and change tactics, if they don't I know this will be over quick. And for those who are criticizing the use of it I challenge you to try the class and see how inventive you can be with their limited move set. So to my fellow Conquerbros keep on, keeping on and let the hate flow through you. ;)

frank1ller
02-23-2017, 10:42 PM
My friend is a rep 4 conqueror but i do tell him that he is an homo for using that combo

frank1ller
02-23-2017, 10:43 PM
Wait...the glowing yellow and giant yellow shield isn't enough notice to hit left + dodge button???

I'm not sure I understand your point other than you personally have difficulty dodging highly telegraphed attacks.

You know only assasin dodge farther than the other classes? its hard to dodge with shugoki

XORaptor0
02-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Keep playing Conqueror. Keep spamming shield bash (until someone gets wise to it, and it starts becoming a detriment). Don't let them win.

I hate getting shield bashed as much as the next guy, but it's not hard to dodge, and is kinda easy to punish with a light attack, or guardbreak.
If Warlords can spam headbutt (which is waaaay worse and needs to be changed), Conquerors can spam shield bash (which requires an obvious wind up).

B3NNS
02-23-2017, 10:52 PM

Just play the game. The light attack shield bash heavy chain is the only repeatable chain that is effective on conqueror.

Don't bother trying to handicap yourself to players. they'll do what they need to do to win and so should you. Win or lose they're still going to talk crap. Players here are full of salt and that's the nature of games like this.

PaUZZze
02-23-2017, 10:54 PM
I don't see it any different then an orochi spamming his dodge attack or better yet, any warrior spamming GB with free side heavy. IMO, at this point, this games more about who can out spam each other, except the conqueror's shield bash is his staple move, so I look down on it less compared to others.

PaUZZze
02-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Also, I've been meaning conqueror myself and have yet to get any mean messages. Wait I got one, 'twas an orochi and he laughed about it, sarcastically at first then I jus explained to him how to get out of it and he calmed down.

PaUZZze
02-23-2017, 11:05 PM
Uh. No. conq has a few hit chains sure. but all of his attacks are slow as heck and can be seen and reacted to by even the newest player. the bash heavy combo is the only reliable combo he has. and even then the heavy is parryable as hell and the bash is dodgable by a lot of people. conq is NOT about comboing the hell out of people. much like orochi he's about single hits and wearing the enemy down. except conq is safe due to his shield.

I disagree. His light attack chain is pretty devastating. I don't even bother shield bash and heavy an assassin. There to quick and dodge it real easily, s o either ill wait for them to attack and whip a charged heavy , which is tough cause there attacks are so quick and conquerors block time is so slow, it's easy to become over combed by there lights. So start with a charged heavy a few times then whip out the light chain and your good.

MyNameIsMicheal
02-24-2017, 03:53 AM
I started as a warden but after prestige two i tried a turtle. I love them. I never did main the turtle but i think they are a blast to play. Playing against one with my warden is annoying and usually in team games everyone just tries to throw the turtle off whatever that way they don't have to spend forever trying to get past his blocks. Usually once you wittle him down and get past the blocks you already have 3 more people on you.

The_Quieter
02-24-2017, 04:01 AM
It's literally the only effective thing he has right now. As I've said... the difference between Warden cheese and Conq cheese is that the Warden has other options.

bzdueler
02-24-2017, 04:10 AM
take it easy, you can mute the toxic player anytime..
In the meantime, you can exploit what you can do best
But my suggestion is, try to learn another mix up, another variation of attacking
Its good for your own fun

Aidames
02-24-2017, 04:14 AM
I just hit R1 with my Conq, and in one of last night's duels, another Conqueror was complaining how "g*y" it is that I'm doing the Shield Bash Mixup. He was doing the same damn thing, but he still got angry, because how dare I (a lowly peasant) beat him with the same tools he has, twice? It didn't even matter that he won the third set, he just vomited curses at me...

People really hate to lose and they will come up with every single excuse in the book to avoid admitting that they played... not as well as their opponent.

Masher8559
02-24-2017, 04:45 AM

Not sure if you have watched any of the high tier matches or played in them your self, but when playing someone who knows how to play a class such as Warden you can only shield bash into a heavy as Conqueror. Look at any decent conq player and they all do the exact same move over and over because its the only safe option they have against good players. This goes for most classes in the game. You don't notice it in low to mid tier games. But once you start playing against high tier players who know every move you will see your moves become extremely limited. So whether you despise it or not makes no difference when its the only real viable way to win a high tier match up.

Honestly if a player starts getting toxic just ignore him and keep doing the same thing, i find they usually rage quit soon enough then you can kind quickly find a better opponent with some respect.