PDA

View Full Version : matchmaking has ruined this game, well done ubisoft

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 09:36 AM
So im a reputation level 1, that's fine. Got matched today against rep levels 2,2,2,and 4. So im going up against guys all ranked 40+ and i ranked 80+ with a gear level of 80. This is so bloody stupid and frustrating. There is no way to play against guys that level and win. So now i basically have to see their level, and quit out of any game with guys ranked that high.
Matchmaking should be people YOUR level, with a buffer of 2-3 levels, not 60 LEVELS!

VanBaal42
02-21-2017, 09:43 AM
The reputation and gear level says nothing about the skill of you opponents.
More than one time I've easily beat the **** out some with rep 3 and gear level about 100 while i was rep 1 with a gear level of 28.

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 09:51 AM
Matchmaking should be people YOUR level, with a buffer of 2-3 levels, not 60 LEVELS you morons

Looking how fast you can lvl character, you would wait for game 3 days xD And you know that rep 1 lvl 1 and rep 1 lvl 20, can have exacly that same gear? Diffirence between them is colors and symbols unlocked. Why you shouldnt fight with them?

Really, lvl and gear dont mean anything. Just dont look at them and play. Better gear dont make better player.

Im learning new character, lvl 11 atm, im fighting rep 3 and 4. It dont bother me at all (i have one character at rep 1).

Just learn the damn game.

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 09:56 AM
if gear level didn't matter, why would they put it in the game, of course it matters, it gives you better defense, offense, exhaustion recovery, revenge gained, revenge time, all of these things matter, and they all get better the higher you rank, so of course it matters.

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 10:06 AM
if gear level didn't matter, why would they put it in the game, of course it matters, it gives you better defense, offense, exhaustion recovery, revenge gained, revenge time, all of these things matter, and they all get better the higher you rank, so of course it matters.

To have something to improve? Without it it would feel nosens to lvl your character. Ppl need something that can see they getting for playing. Ppl need to feel that they progres.

Every gear lower your stats too, you know?

m1y4gi
02-21-2017, 10:10 AM
The reputation and gear level says nothing about the skill of you opponents.
More than one time I've easily beat the **** out some with rep 3 and gear level about 100 while i was rep 1 with a gear level of 28.

I agree with that. But this doesn't matter at all. At least, a matchmaking is called matchmaking to make good and fair matches. What Ubisoft delivered here is NO matchmaking at all.
Setting a character with lvl1 against a rep4 is at least a disadvantage in 1st, no matter what the individual players skills can manage. Ok, you can positively say, that lvl1 can still win, but it's even harder to do so against a highgear character.The idea of, i can kill rep20 chars with my lvl1 may be true, but this is out of bounce as long as you wanna talk about the matchmaking mechanics. Player skill is no implemented mechanics.

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 10:20 AM
I agree with that. But this doesn't matter at all. At least, a matchmaking is called matchmaking to make good and fair matches. What Ubisoft delivered here is NO matchmaking at all.
Setting a character with lvl1 against a rep4 is at least a disadvantage in 1st, no matter what the individual players skills can manage. Ok, you can positively say, that lvl1 can still win, but it's even harder to do so against a highgear character.The idea of, i can kill rep20 chars with my lvl1 may be true, but this is out of bounce as long as you wanna talk about the matchmaking mechanics. Player skill is no implemented mechanics.

exactly, someone gets it

DrinkinMyStella
02-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Rep Means nothing. im only level 17 with my favourite hero and still i can beat rep 1,2 and 3 quite easily. Plus Gear score doesn't count during duels if you notice when playing dominion it displays your rep and gear score but in duel it only displays your your rep and level.

VanBaal42
02-21-2017, 10:26 AM

Well but didn't the matchmaking consider the wins and losses of you and your opponents? Like the brackets in LoL?

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Rep Means nothing. im only level 17 with my favourite hero and still i can beat rep 1,2 and 3 quite easily. Plus Gear score doesn't count during duels if you notice when playing dominion it displays your rep and gear score but in duel it only displays your your rep and level.

lol

m1y4gi
02-21-2017, 10:28 AM
The next point is, when my skill is that good, i can easily win against rep3 with lvl1, then this is good for me, but not for those who started with the game. Just think about, how a new player feels, when he starts to play this game, trains his first fighter and then is matched against 4 rep3 (or higher) players IN A SQUAD. Now our newbie is in a random group, what happens?

You know it :) They will loose 50:1000 and it will be no fun at all for our newbie. But this can happen! :) Just because? there is NO matchmaking at all in this game.

I don't wanna fight for newbies and mimimi's here, but this is not good for the game, if you frustrate every player gettin' in here. It will not help this game survive.

E-A-X
02-21-2017, 10:30 AM
best thing about this "matchmaking" really is that you cant learn new characters, you wanna learn something new now guess what, you are matched against people that play their mains.... forever main player GG game.

And another excellent game is when you get matched against 4 premades while your team is a bunch of randoms - completly anti fun "matchmaking", broken everywhere starting from the insane useless timewaste to find a match.
Like everytime i wanna play a "HIGH ACTIVITY" dominion match, i have to wait 2-3 minutes, then i might get an error etc. and after all that massive waste of time the match is not any close to be "balanced". I mean anyways how can you use any matchmaking when the game already has balancing issues on its characters lol.

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 10:41 AM
best thing about this "matchmaking" really is that you cant learn new characters, you wanna learn something new now guess what, you are matched against people that play their mains.... forever main player GG game.

And another excellent game is when you get matched against 4 premades while your team is a bunch of randoms - completly anti fun "matchmaking", broken everywhere starting from the insane useless timewaste to find a match.
Like everytime i wanna play a "HIGH ACTIVITY" dominion match, i have to wait 2-3 minutes, then i might get an error etc. and after all that massive waste of time the match is not any close to be "balanced". I mean anyways how can you use any matchmaking when the game already has balancing issues on its characters lol.

Exactly, and when your on a good run, you always get booted, played yesterday i was 8 kills 0 deaths, 6 obj captured, lag, then kicked haha god damn

E-A-X
02-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Jep.... like all the issues start already when launching the game, 632962893434 useless Ads that cant be skipped = massive waste of time, have matchmaking errors and issues = waste of time, host migration cuz some1 ragequit and game freezes = alt F4 - repeat.

Once you'r finaly in a game ... and dont hit me but ive started with warden and ive mained it, but now im trying to learn lawbringer.... this game delivers such a massive frustration that i want to uninstall it, this game spreads frustration when you choose a weaker class than your main and on top of that you have all these insane issues, from game launch, to matchmaking, to game balance and towards host migration.

It is simply too much overkill from issues, the game, when it actually works, it doesnt even come up with its own gamefun to be any sort of equal to the amount of frustration you got.

Razor__Fox
02-21-2017, 11:30 AM
to be honest at this point anyone with a high gear score character has played almost nothing but dominion to level that fast. chances are they are a fairly poor fighter. the REAL skilled players are in duels and havent levelled up as much. ive seen gear score 108 players look like infants mashing the controller with their face, and ive seen sub renown 1 players absolutely dominate the whole map like the ****in batman.

Sirrkas
02-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Donīt let yourself get intimidated by anything that just shows how many matches someone has played.

Those numbers mean nothing. I learned that lesson in LoL several years ago. My account is level 25 and has 100 wins? Those level 30 players with 500 wins will surely crush me and I will not be able to keep my 55 % winrate.
5 Levels later: That was pretty easy, I even improved my winrate a bit.

In For Honor it is the same. I had a team last week, with just one prestige and a gearscore about 40 to 50. The whole enemy team was like that. The other 3 of my team, including me, were way below prestige 1 and had low gearscores like 10 or 7. In 3 of 4 rounds, we had not a single death. Despite their higher equipment and level, they just were able to win one round.

I am also not sure, if one really should consider higher gearscore is better gear. They allways have some tradeoffs. They do more damage? Then they either also take more or have to pay more stamina per attack.

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 11:42 AM
the game needs to have you choose a class before starting matchmaking.

right now there's zero incentive to try a new class since the matchmaking will place my lvl 1 *** against ppl presumably on their main.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Which is completely dumb, nobody wants to try hard 24/7, Skill based matchmaking is complete BS, it was one of the many issues that plagued COD.
Good and Fair?
Those people are welcome to leave the match and join a different session in fact this Matchmaking is so broken that when you leave a game it has a high chance of bringing you back into the same game.

Keep SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING in a Ranked Mode.

I'm completely sick of developers forcing you to try hard because they're so scared of Nubs getting pub stomped.

Sirrkas
02-21-2017, 12:13 PM
Keep SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING in a Ranked Mode.

That would make no sense. When you play serious in normals, you would win all the time, when you are better. With a matchmaking, that doesn't take skill into account, that would mean, others have to suffer by getting placed against players that are way better.

When you donīt play serious in normals, you will not have a problem with matchmaking by skill. Since you never reached your maximum, you won't get placed in matches with players on an comparable level to that.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:22 PM
That would make no sense. When you play serious in normals, you would win all the time, when you are better. With a matchmaking, that doesn't take skill into account, that would mean, others have to suffer by getting placed against players that are way better.

When you donīt play serious in normals, you will not have a problem with matchmaking by skill. Since you never reached your maximum, you won't get placed in matches with players on an comparable level to that.

Others SHOULD suffer. That's the entire point of Public Matches. It's called LEAVING if you don't want to play in a match.

You make no sense, It's about connection not skill which is what PUBS always should be about. Skill Based Matchmaking is complete ******** and most competitive gamers know that.

If you want to play with Sweaty Tryhards 24/7 have a ranked mode where they can duel it out all day which is how it should always be.

Sirrkas
02-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Others SHOULD suffer. That's the entire point of Public Matches. It's called LEAVING if you don't want to play in a match.

You make no sense, It's about connection not skill which is what PUBS always should be about. Skill Based Matchmaking is complete ******** and most competitive gamers know that.

Okay, you think it is better to place 4 new players, that just got out of the tutorial aganst a team of players, that is at the top tier of the playerbase, just because they have a good connection? None of the 8 players will have fun in that game. At least, if the top tier players want something else than noobbashing.

If some kind of matchmaking is bad, it is one, that doesn't try to even the odds of both teams.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Okay, you think it is better to place 4 new players, that just got out of the tutorial aganst a team of players, that is at the top tier of the playerbase, just because they have a good connection? None of the 8 players will have fun in that game. At least, if the top tier players want something else than noobbashing.

If some kind of matchmaking is bad, it is one, that doesn't try to even the odds of both teams.

If they don't have fun in the game then LEAVE the server, easy as that.

Just join a different game, it isn't too hard.

Also, another reason why Matchmaking is cancer is that everytime you leave and come back it can sometimes bring you back in the same game which is BS.

Specialkha
02-21-2017, 12:39 PM
And what if next game is the same, and next again? They will stop the game. You are really not very bright, aren't you?

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:43 PM
And what if next game is the same, and next again? They will stop the game. You are really not very bright, aren't you?

And it's the same thing again and again for people who play the game more, not very bright are you?

Specialkha
02-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Ah, you want the game to die? Because that is what it will happen with your ideas.

Ppl that have to qui every single game in hope to have a fair game will leave the game. Meaning no one will stay in this game in the end. Idiot.

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 12:46 PM
And it's the same thing again and again for people who play the game more, not very bright are you?

I have feeling that you just want to play against new players to boost your ego...

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:53 PM
Ah, you want the game to die? Because that is what it will happen with your ideas.

Ppl that have to qui every single game in hope to have a fair game will leave the game. Meaning no one will stay in this game in the end. Idiot.

Wrong. How would people have to quit every game to have a fair game if they can play a MP mode that pits them with the same skill level?

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:54 PM
I have feeling that you just want to play against new players to boost your ego...

Wrong, I just don't want to play with Sweaty TryHards all the time with mediocre connection.

Danioku
02-21-2017, 12:56 PM
I've got the 108 lvl gear and even if i'm a mediocre/average player i win every game when i'm matched vs people undergeared compared to me. You must be much much better to win a 1v1 vs a 108 that charge his Revenge bar at double your speed. I feel that some games are really unfair atm.

I'm sorry to say this but

Gear > Skill

but

Ledges > Gear > Skill

P.S.

Rep doesnt mean anything but Gear means quite a lot

Specialkha
02-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Wrong. How would people have to quit every game to have a fair game if they can play a MP mode that pits them with the same skill level?

And how can they have a fair game if they are pits against ppl with rep 3 108 equipment score when they are rep0 and 14 equipement score?

B.00n
02-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Just stop whining, be a man and face every enemy in front of you. This game is not for the weak (mentally). Don't get me wrong, i'm not a very good player, but I, and you too, can be better, I was the same to you, quit after a lost duel, but when I accept whatever matchmaking system throw at me, I kept losing until my opponent quit, the result, I get better and better. I'm almost rep 2 now, and I can fight anyone without fear. Believe me, accept it and you will see your potential.

Lacifarus1188
02-21-2017, 01:03 PM
I've got the 108 lvl gear and even if i'm a mediocre/average player i win every game when i'm matched vs people undergeared compared to me. You must be much much better to win a 1v1 vs a 108 that charge his Revenge bar at double your speed. I feel that some games are really unfair atm.

I'm sorry to say this but

Gear > Skill

but

Ledges > Gear > Skill

P.S.

Rep doesnt mean anything but Gear means quite a lot

This is very true. My warden is rep 4 with a 108 score, with that sweet,sweet, Gilgamesh sword I might add. I get revenge in a 1v1 in a few hits whether they are blocked or I eat them. It's an almost guaranteed one hit at the point. I'm an average player, I can counter a GB every now and then but I parry very successfully so that's pretty much all it takes. I'm not screaming nerf gear or anything like that but matchmaking needs to be done on a selected hero basis rather than an overall account rep level basis.

Egotistic_Ez
02-21-2017, 01:53 PM
The matchmaker is a joke for larger game modes. It takes like 30 seconds for it to start searching all locations and all skill levels and still takes another 5 minutes. You're telling me there isn't another couple of people anywhere on the planet looking for a game? I somehow doubt that.

It's OK for duels, but even then it relaxes the search parameters too fast.

There's also just a basic fundamental issue with it not searching for new games after someone leaves the lobby.

scanjett88
03-01-2017, 04:00 AM
its not about the gear score. MM puts low lvl people against high lvl people. sure you can beat them sometimes but it is frustrating and annoying to face people much higher than you and that's what is killing the game atm. There is no point even trying to fight people that are 2-3 prestige lvls higher than you. they have played the class so much that they know everything and are almost impossible to beat. So MM should be number one in the list to fix. patch that just came was good but game is almost unplayable now with this MM system.