PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Ubi... whats with this matchmaking

Zeenoth
02-21-2017, 08:40 AM
So I've just gotten into this game.. there are a couple here and theres but my biggest problem is why am I being matched like this http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Berauj/screenshot/5782406 like honestly what is with this stuff guys I know you can at least figure something out so as not to ruin my experience with this really fun game..

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Matchmaking is looking for player based on thier account lvl. Character you pick after matchmaking found ppl. So, if someone who have 2 characters at rep 3 will have account lvl 6. But that person can pick character that he never played before. There you go, your diffirence. Game looks for your overall experiance with game, not with choosen character.

I'm myself play with many characters, but my best is on rep 2 and im playing with ppl with a lot more rep, if they play only one character. Still lvl on character and gear means nothing. They can still be really bad players :) Everyone can be beat.

TucuReborn
02-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Matchmaking is looking for player based on thier account lvl. Character you pick after matchmaking found ppl. So, if someone who have 2 characters at rep 3 will have account lvl 6. But that person can pick character that he never played before. There you go, your diffirence. Game looks for your overall experiance with game, not with choosen character.

I'm myself play with many characters, but my best is on rep 2 and im playing with ppl with a lot more rep, if they play only one character. Still lvl on character and gear means nothing. They can still be really bad players :) Everyone can be beat.

See, that's not entirely true. One of my friends only plays a couple characters, and they are very low ranked since he isn't playing much. He gets placed like this as well. So do I, and my highest rank is 15 and the rest are below ten. Usually the highest we see is Prestige 2-3, but it makes no sense. At most I would equate to a prestige 1 across my characters, and him maybe halfway to prestige.

KingTheokoles
02-21-2017, 09:28 AM
See, that's not entirely true. One of my friends only plays a couple characters, and they are very low ranked since he isn't playing much. He gets placed like this as well. So do I, and my highest rank is 15 and the rest are below ten. Usually the highest we see is Prestige 2-3, but it makes no sense. At most I would equate to a prestige 1 across my characters, and him maybe halfway to prestige.

I have a prestige 2 Kensei, and I'm trying to learn other characters, and the matchmaking is terrible, not poor not bad but just terrible. Because I'm trying to learn a new class I have to go into a dominion game with lvl 1 gear against 80-108? Come on that is seriously stupid, I cant even have a decent 1v1 with anyone without them gaining Revenge 2-3 times per fight. If they don't patch the Guard Break issue soon and announce some matchmaking changes the game is going on ebay and I'll never buy another Ubisoft game again.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 09:34 AM
I only play as the knights and non are rep 1 or above yet when I play I'm put into games with rep 2,3,4 and 5s I find this very frustrating as I can hit a good combo as the warden and do less than a quarter of my opponents Heath but all they will have to do is poke me and I'm at half health.

It takes away so much of the skill to win part of the game.

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 09:38 AM
yep, im playing against guys ranked 60 levels higher than me. Have to quit every match till one comes up where i can compete, bloody idiots ubisoft

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 09:42 AM
I have a prestige 2 Kensei, and I'm trying to learn other characters, and the matchmaking is terrible, not poor not bad but just terrible. Because I'm trying to learn a new class I have to go into a dominion game with lvl 1 gear against 80-108? Come on that is seriously stupid, I cant even have a decent 1v1 with anyone without them gaining Revenge 2-3 times per fight. If they don't patch the Guard Break issue soon and announce some matchmaking changes the game is going on ebay and I'll never buy another Ubisoft game again.

Why you are going to 4vs4 to learn new character? Instead go for 1vs1 or 2vs2 where reputation and gear means completny nothing.

I play with higher lvls then me too, but i dont feel that it matters. When i lose, i mostly feel that i done mistake or enemy was just better than me.

Gears give bonus to some stats, but lower other. LIke if someone have high attack, it means that he has lower defence or higher stamina cost.

At first i was looking at lvl of enemies character, but i dont do that anymore, cuz it means really nothing.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 09:53 AM
yep, im playing against guys ranked 60 levels higher than me. Have to quit every match till one comes up where i can compete, bloody idiots ubisoft

Do you think it would work if possibly when choosing a game mode to play between the 4v4s you would pick a warrior going into it first and the game would find players that have chosen warriors matching with reputation and level of the warrior you chose?

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Why you are going to 4vs4 to learn new character? Instead go for 1vs1 or 2vs2 where reputation and gear means completny nothing.

I play with higher lvls then me too, but i dont feel that it matters. When i lose, i mostly feel that i done mistake or enemy was just better than me.

Gears give bonus to some stats, but lower other. LIke if someone have high attack, it means that he has lower defence or higher stamina cost.

At first i was looking at lvl of enemies character, but i dont do that anymore, cuz it means really nothing.

people saying constantly gear level doesn't matter is completely false. Ranking up your gear gives you better faster attacks and defense etc, better revenge gained, revenge time etc, of course it matters

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Do you think it would work if possibly when choosing a game mode to play between the 4v4s you would pick a warrior going into it first and the game would find players that have chosen warriors matching with reputation and level of the warrior you chose?

I dont know know really, I know they need to patch it, and fix it, that is for sure

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 10:04 AM
people saying constantly gear level doesn't matter is completely false. Ranking up your gear gives you better faster attacks and defense etc, better revenge gained, revenge time etc, of course it matters

And at this same time it lower other things. If he improved his attack, so he kill you fast, it means that he probably lowered his defence, so you can kill him faster than normal...

I feel like its more psychological advantage then real thing really. You look at that rep 3 guy with 100+ gear and you are like "im doomed". Dont look at this. If you are better player you will win anyway. If you are not, train (there are pretty nice bots to learn timings on parries, counter GB and other things).

KingTheokoles
02-21-2017, 10:16 AM

Well, you're right, however I can get 100-150 exp per 3-5 minute duel, or I can get over 1k experience points for a dominion match. Some of the matches I've played last less than 5-8 minutes. So if you're trying to rank up thats the mode to play.

ZeBrutal
02-21-2017, 10:19 AM
It isn't a psychological thing. Old players leveling a new character and especially new players are at a VERY distinct disadvantage against all the rep 3+ people your forced to constantly go up against. I truly feel bad for anyone that didn't pick this game up at launch or that doesn't have the time to invest save for 2 or so hours a week. It literally breaks the game and will kill any new player from here on out that picks up the games fun to the point of no return. It needs to be fixed in some form or another 100%. Playing duel and brawl is certainly an option, but I know dozens of people who have no interest in it and would rather play team / objective based modes or not at all. I know you can fight bots, but the fun in that can only go so far. Anyone that disagrees is simply wrong. It isn't an opinion its a fact and this is from someone at prestige 3 with full heroic gear.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 10:20 AM
And at this same time it lower other things. If he improved his attack, so he kill you fast, it means that he probably lowered his defence, so you can kill him faster than normal...

I feel like its more psychological advantage then real thing really. You look at that rep 3 guy with 100+ gear and you are like "im doomed". Dont look at this. If you are better player you will win anyway. If you are not, train (there are pretty nice bots to learn timings on parries, counter GB and other things).

Yes it decreases some stats and hightens others but a 80 rank compared to my 16 is a huge difference on all stats. That player can take more damage than me, deal more damage, earn rage a lot faster. I've seen the stats. Why els would a reputation 3 warden take me out with 2 strong hits and 1 light if I've hit im with double and done half the damage.

I know what you are saying and it's correct to a point. The difference doesn't matter all that much 1 reputation up or down but when it's a 3 reputation difference the stats matter. Wether it makes it harder by a lot or a little it still takes away the skill to win. how can I feel fairly beaten if I'm taken out by 2-3 hits of someone like an Orochi who I know I can take way more hits off.

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 10:24 AM
It isn't a psychological thing. Old players leveling a new character and especially new players are at a VERY distinct disadvantage against all the rep 3+ people your forced to constantly go up against. I truly feel bad for anyone that didn't pick this game up at launch or that doesn't have the time to invest save for 2 or so hours a week. It literally breaks the game and will kill any new player from here on out that picks up the games fun to the point of no return. It needs to be fixed in some form or another 100%. Playing duel and brawl is certainly an option, but I know dozens of people who have no interest in it and would rather play team / objective based modes or not at all. I know you can fight bots, but the fun in that can only go so far. Anyone that disagrees is simply wrong. It isn't an opinion its a fact and this is from someone at prestige 3 with full heroic gear.

exactly, i played the beta both, and i started the game at launch, but i work full time, and sometimes dont get to play for a week or 2 weeks due to commitments, the way they have organized this game, you are exactly right, you have to play every week for a few hours to keep up, or your screwed.
It goes both ways the matchmaking, i got spanked by a level 80, but also last week i took on 3 level 7's at the same time, and im a 25, i beat all 3 of them 3V1. That prove the point that the stats most certainly do matter

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Yes it decreases some stats and hightens others but a 80 rank compared to my 16 is a huge difference on all stats. That player can take more damage than me, deal more damage, earn rage a lot faster. I've seen the stats. Why els would a reputation 3 warden take me out with 2 strong hits and 1 light if I've hit im with double and done half the damage.

I know what you are saying and it's correct to a point. The difference doesn't matter all that much 1 reputation up or down but when it's a 3 reputation difference the stats matter. Wether it makes it harder by a lot or a little it still takes away the skill to win. how can I feel fairly beaten if I'm taken out by 2-3 hits of someone like an Orochi who I know I can take way more hits off.

Correct, also i have found just on the duel and brawl matches, there is little to no activity, no one wants to play these matches, i have tried, and never found a game in these modes

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 10:34 AM
It isn't a psychological thing. Old players leveling a new character and especially new players are at a VERY distinct disadvantage against all the rep 3+ people your forced to constantly go up against.

You can say im that old player. I lvl new character from lvl 1 against rep 3-4 and i dont feel big disadvantage. Ofc there is diffirence, but its like "if we both at the same lvl of our skill then he will win". But if im better player that gear dont give him much. And dont get me wrong, im at best avarage player. That someone grind they way to high rep dont mean hes great player.

And about new players. Well, i played closed and open beta and most games played against bots to learn timing on counter GB, parrying etc. Why they cant do that same to get some skill in game? If new players think that they will jump in duel and fight on even odds someone with rep 1, ofc they wrong, but its not about gear. That guy with rep played some matches so he will be just better.

Charmzzz
02-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Correct, also i have found just on the duel and brawl matches, there is little to no activity, no one wants to play these matches, i have tried, and never found a game in these modes

Uhm, what are you talking about? I'm playing Duel / Brawl only and I never have to wait a minute for a new Match.

Elimination / Dominion is for Gankers and Wan*ers anyway... Seriously, I don't like 3v1 or even 4v1. But I can manage a 2v1.

The whole Level discussion is a joke imo, Level is just TIME INVESTED and has nothing to do with skill. I have beaten Prestige 2-3 easily and got beaten by a Level 8 who could Guardbreak and throw me off the cliffs preeetty good. What did I think or do after that? Go to forums and cry? Nope, I went into Advanced Practice and Counter Guard Break half an hour.

Concerning Gear, well, yes you can specialize your Character in those Ganker-Modes. But seriously, if someone topped "Attack" on his Weapon he will have 2 possible disadvantages:
- His Stamina lasts for 2-3 hard Hits -> if you can't evade / block / parry -> your fault. If you can do that, well, he is f*cked.
- His Defense is 0 -> if you can't evade / block / parry -> again, your fault. If you can do that, well, see above... Your Hits will deal massive amounts of Damage, just like his.

ZeBrutal
02-21-2017, 10:46 AM
You can say im that old player. I lvl new character from lvl 1 against rep 3-4 and i dont feel big disadvantage. Ofc there is diffirence, but its like "if we both at the same lvl of our skill then he will win". But if im better player that gear dont give him much. And dont get me wrong, im at best avarage player. That someone grind they way to high rep dont mean hes great player.

And about new players. Well, i played closed and open beta and most games played against bots to learn timing on counter GB, parrying etc. Why they cant do that same to get some skill in game? If new players think that they will jump in duel and fight on even odds someone with rep 1, ofc they wrong, but its not about gear. That guy with rep played some matches so he will be just better.

I understand that it isn't literally IMPOSSIBLE to win a match even with the HUGE disadvantage a low level team is at against a prestige 3+ team. I also understand that many of the players who are prestige 3+ are not actually all that great. The problem is you have take for example: A prestige 5 Warlord with maximum revenge gear who blocks only a few attacks, pops revenge, headbutt spams new players to the ground and proceeds to 2-3 shot everyone rinse repeat. Sure it isn't skillful.. It isn't a good player by any means. The problem is he doesn't have to be good due to how broken heroic gear is against new players. They simply don't stand a chance 90+% of the time.

There is literally no excuse for someone who has 2 hours played with a level 5-10 hero or two to go up against someone rep 5+ with 60 hours already invested. I already mentioned bots and I agree that everyone should take the time to learn from fighting them, but nobody wants to grind alllll the way to rep 3 against bots. It gets old pretty quick to the vast majority of players I imagine.

DeaIman
02-21-2017, 10:46 AM

This is bull, if this was the case the matchmaker would be at least half-decent. At its current state, it's one of the most broken matchmakers I have ever seen. If you have an source stating that this is how it works - then please, do enlighten us.

As far as I know the only official word we have is that the matchmaker takes "skill" into consideration, but we haven't had any kind of information as to what "skill" actually entices. I'm fairly sure there is no such thing as account level, but there should be.

While player level necessarily doesn't reflect their skill level, it does indicate they have a fairly wide knowledge of the game - whether they're good or not. But it's not something that's all too reliable to use as a factor in the matchmaker. The gear score however, makes a HUGE difference. Gear is absolutely broken and is ruining Dominion - as it currently stands gear win matches - not skill.

Any and all revenge modifiers should be removed from gear, period. Then it would be fine.

Terras_Kasi
02-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Uhm, what are you talking about? I'm playing Duel / Brawl only and I never have to wait a minute for a new Match.

Elimination / Dominion is for Gankers and Wan*ers anyway... Seriously, I don't like 3v1 or even 4v1. But I can manage a 2v1.

The whole Level discussion is a joke imo, Level is just TIME INVESTED and has nothing to do with skill. I have beaten Prestige 2-3 easily and got beaten by a Level 8 who could Guardbreak and throw me off the cliffs preeetty good. What did I think or do after that? Go to forums and cry? Nope, I went into Advanced Practice and Counter Guard Break half an hour.

Concerning Gear, well, yes you can specialize your Character in those Ganker-Modes. But seriously, if someone topped "Attack" on his Weapon he will have 2 possible disadvantages:
- His Stamina lasts for 2-3 hard Hits -> if you can't evade / block / parry -> your fault. If you can do that, well, he is f*cked.
- His Defense is 0 -> if you can't evade / block / parry -> again, your fault. If you can do that, well, see above... Your Hits will deal massive amounts of Damage, just like his.

What am i talking about, exactly what i stated. I have never found a 1V1 or 2V2 match. It always says low activity, and never loads a game. Which is a shame cause i love those matches

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 10:58 AM
I'm fairly sure there is no such thing as account level, but there should be.

So you are wrong, ofc there is. Top left corner of your screen on main menu (or on war map). You have three numbers. First is your account reputation (lvl), second amount of crates and third amount of steel. Your account lvl is sum of all your character reputation (like: one character on rep 3 and one on rep 2 give your account reputation 3+2=5). Do i should make screenshot?

Only info about that i found on tips on loading screen.

ZeBrutal
02-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Ofc there is. Top left corner of your screen on main menu (or on war map). You have three numbers. First is your account reputation (lvl), second amount of crates and third amount of steel. Your account lvl is sum of all your character reputation (like: one character on rep 3 and one on rep 2 give your account reputation 3+2=5).

Only info about that i found on tips on loading screen, so im not suprised you missed it.

Your right that it could be called your account level. Either way though, people at "account level" 0 are being put up against people "account level" 5+...

m1y4gi
02-21-2017, 11:04 AM
This is bull, if this was the case the matchmaker would be at least half-decent. At its current state, it's one of the most broken matchmakers I have ever seen. If you have an source stating that this is how it works - then please, do enlighten us.

My bet, the matchmaking is based on your location, it is not interested in squads vs squads or matching fairly rep1 angainst rep1. Because of this peer2peer-network it's only focus is, too bring players together, whom sit closely to each other as good as goes. When this doesn't works, the match will be filled up with bots. The whole matchmaking thing comes down to one point, to support the cheapiest way to network this game. They'll give a **** about a decent matchmaking with the best benefits for the players.

Their idea of gaming architecture in For Honor does not allow to focus on players expierience. That's why such a lousy modus like skirmish can reach gold status, while still being the worst MP-modus of all times.

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Your right that it could be called your account level. Either way though, people at "account level" 0 are being put up against people "account level" 5+...

Well, if you consider that there are 12 characters, each can be lvled to rep 30. So max account lvl is 360. If you could face only your account lvl, games 4vs4 (as matchmaking is closed to region) would not be played at all, cuz you could not found enough ppl for that very soon (more time, more spreads among lvls, at start everyone was rep 0-1). And you should consider that lvling character to another rep dont take long time. Only sense is making matchmaking more wide. Like rep +- 3-5.

Making it less would make finding games really hard.

I know, it would be great to fight only ppl on your lvl (i agree), but try look at this from perspective how long it would take to find a games. It would be really better if you would be able play 4vs4 once a week, but only with ppl from your reputation lvl?

BiZkiT_Walwin
02-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Im high rep and paid for my armour and I love eating up no rep players with it, so much satisfaction!!

ZeBrutal
02-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Well, if you consider that there are 12 characters, each can be lvled to rep 30. So max account lvl is 360. If you could face only your account lvl, games 4vs4 (as matchmaking is closed to region) would not be played at all, cuz you could not found enough ppl for that very soon (more time, more spreads among lvls, at start everyone was rep 0-1). And you should consider that lvling character to another rep dont take long time. Only sense is making matchmaking more wide. Like rep +- 3-5.

I know, it would be great to fight only ppl on your lvl (i agree), but try look at this from perspective how long it would take to find a games. It would be really better if you would be able play 4vs4 once a week, but only with ppl from your reputation lvl?

I understand that's an issue and the matchmaking at some point should stop caring who it pits you up against, in fact I believe it already does. I admit I don't really have a proper solution to the current issue but I still think something needs to be done to some degree. I'm in a gaming community of 300+ players on PS4 who are all fairly casual and all agree that something needs to be done. It isn't fun for anyone except those who have tons of time and have been playing since launch. Luckily I was able to put in hard hours over the first weekend and get rep 3, but the vast majority of the community I am in simply cant and as much as they enjoy the game half are already considering throwing in the towel due to this issue. It will bleed players if it stays like it is and that is pure fact.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 11:27 AM
Im high rep and paid for my armour and I love eating up no rep players with it, so much satisfaction!!

Trying to piss people off on a forum. Big man...

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 11:35 AM
I understand that's an issue and the matchmaking at some point should stop caring who it pits you up against, in fact I believe it already does. I admit I don't really have a proper solution to the current issue but I still think something needs to be done to some degree. I'm in a gaming community of 300+ players on PS4 who are all fairly casual and all agree that something needs to be done. It isn't fun for anyone except those who have tons of time and have been playing since launch. Luckily I was able to put in hard hours over the first weekend and get rep 3, but the vast majority of the community I am in simply cant and as much as they enjoy the game half are already considering throwing in the towel due to this issue. It will bleed players if it stays like it is and that is pure fact.

Solution: Players with account rep 0 (new players) can be matchmaking only with that same account lvl (0), but game would start sooner than it is now, instead finding all players for match it would start after finding 30%-50% players for match and just empty spots fill with bots (that are better than most new players anyway). Lets call it multiplayer tutorial ;)

Players with account lvl 1 i think should be able to fight better and even if they face good player with rep 3, they will learn more from that lose than winning with someone weak.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 11:37 AM

I've mentioned this a couple times. Instead of it varying from 0-360 when you choose to play say 4v4 skirmish it will ask you what warrior you wish to play as. I say choose my 3 rep lv 15 warden. The game then finds me other players who have picked warriors around the same rep and level and possibly k:d ratio to find everyone a fun challenging game. I agree this isn't going to change straight away and it's an issue in the community as it's split. Some People say gear rank wins matches not skill and other say gear rank means nothing. Firstly we need to get on common ground

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 11:40 AM
the game needs to have you choose a class before starting matchmaking.

right now there's zero incentive to try a new class since the matchmaking will place my lvl 1 *** against ppl presumably on their main.

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 11:45 AM
I've mentioned this a couple times. Instead of it varying from 0-360 when you choose to play say 4v4 skirmish it will ask you what warrior you wish to play as. I say choose my 3 rep lv 15 warden. The game then finds me other players who have picked warriors around the same rep and level and possibly k:d ratio to find everyone a fun challenging game. I agree this isn't going to change straight away and it's an issue in the community as it's split. Some People say gear rank wins matches not skill and other say gear rank means nothing. Firstly we need to get on common ground

Well, it is nice idea, but choosing character before matchmaking its not ideal too:
1. In future you can have favorite character for some maps.
2. On 2vs2 mode players cant have that same character so you couldnt be parried with someone who choosed that same.
3. Before game starts you can comunicate with other team members to choose some nasty combination of champions (like Warlord + Raider to push enemies across whole map).

If they will add rankeds, depends how it will look (maybe there will be bans?), that way can be imposible to do.

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 11:50 AM
the game needs to have you choose a class before starting matchmaking.

right now there's zero incentive to try a new class since the matchmaking will place my lvl 1 *** against ppl presumably on their main.

Actually, i dont agree with you. Even that your character is lvl 1, you know combat system (parries, blockes, deflects, feints, GB, counter GB). So you need to learn only character specifics. Its better to do it against good player and not stomp newbies (cuz you wanted to fight with them, cuz they characters will be at 0 rep too, right)? This will made new players cry, cuz they would not be able to do probably anything against you.

If you thinked about fighting only experienced players that started new character too, then you would never played a match...

teksuo1
02-21-2017, 11:54 AM
Actually, i dont agree with you. Even that your character is lvl 1, you know combat system (parries, blockes, deflects, feints, GB, counter GB). So you need to learn only character specifics. Its better to do it against good player and not stomp newbies (cuz you wanted to fight with them, cuz they characters will be at 0 rep too, right)? This will made new players cry, cuz they would not be able to do probably anything against you.

If you thinked about fighting only experienced players that started new character too, then you would never played a match...

not much use to know about parries deflects feint when you have no idea about the moveset/haven't experienced with said moveset/ have no idea how to follow up after any move, etc..
instead of being able to train in the heat of battle progressively, i have to spend hours on end in the practice mode until i feel somewhat as confident as i do on my main ; this process is really boring af.

it could find people that just have the same-ish timeplayed has me but are also on one of their low levels. easily done if only we picked a class before the matchmaking actually started.

m1y4gi
02-21-2017, 11:54 AM

Well, then perhaps the leveling system is kind of dumb too? I mean 360 levels? Srsly? Break it down to Rep-levels. It's a 4on4! Couldn't be that hart to match players correctly.

ZeBrutal
02-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Well, it is nice idea, but choosing character before matchmaking its not ideal too:
2. On 2vs2 mode players cant have that same character so you couldnt be parried with someone who choosed that same.
3. Before game starts you can comunicate with other team members to choose some nasty combination of champions (like Warlord + Raider to push enemies across whole map).

If they will add rankeds, depends how it will look (maybe there will be bans?), that way can be imposible to do.

I really hate to assume anything and we have had constructed conversation here which is good. The fact of the matter is though, your probably prestige 3 or higher and just want to steamroll people. Your trying so hard to defend a broken system. Not once have you agreed that the matchmaking is off and it is without a doubt. We can just agree to disagree that it's okay and leave it at that.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 12:08 PM

You have some good points. With the 2v2 I dissagre as gear is unavailable.
I'm only thinking this for 4v4s but the other points you made have some weight behind them.

Having it based of a account lv wouldn't work. Player one and two account level of 30 but player one has 3 warriors all rep 10 and player two has one at rep 29 and the othe at rep 1. Could still be deemed unfair.

I get small feelings of the devision when thinking about it. Players who play hard fast and soon get to higher levels get rare gear then are able to stop other players who ether don't play as often or don't get it till later after release.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:09 PM
You have some good points. With the 2v2 I dissagre as gear is unavailable.
I'm only thinking this for 4v4s but the other points you made have some weight behind them.

Having it based of a account lv wouldn't work. Player one and two account level of 30 but player one has 3 warriors all rep 10 and player two has one at rep 29 and the othe at rep 1. Could still be deemed unfair.

I get small feelings of the devision when thinking about it. Players who play hard fast and soon get to higher levels get rare gear then are able to stop other players who ether don't play as often or don't get it till later after release.

Matchmaking SHOULD NEVER be skill based. It should ALWAYS BE ABOUT CONNECTION, unless you're in a ranked mode.

This is the same BS that plagued COD.

p0rter.
02-21-2017, 12:13 PM
All I have to say ...

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/82/XyTDpX.jpg

Specialkha
02-21-2017, 12:16 PM
I have PK lvl 20, Lawbringer lvl 14 and Orochi lvl 10. And I am constantly matched against ppl with rep1+ and blue equipment. Sometimes, I even get ppl rep 3 with orange equipment. And of course, I get rekt because they 2-shot me. Nice MM.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:23 PM
I have PK lvl 20, Lawbringer lvl 14 and Orochi lvl 10. And I am constantly matched against ppl with rep1+ and blue equipment. Sometimes, I even get ppl rep 3 with orange equipment. And of course, I get rekt because they 2-shot me. Nice MM.

Another reason why Skill Based Matchmaking should be abolished.

Specialkha
02-21-2017, 12:34 PM
You are saying it wrong. It is not skilled based the problem. It is equipment based matchmaking the problem. There is no skill involved in farming the game to get to higher reputation. You should be able to pick a champion before the game, then matched against ppl with same reputation and same equipement (more or less).

Even if you are rep5 with 150 equipement on another champion, you would not 2shor veryone on the game, and you would even be able to face other ppl with same egar on another heroe. THAT would be fair.

MaccGaz
02-21-2017, 12:35 PM
I didn't read up about this game much and just bought and played it. I had no voice over in single player so I had to just do the training and play online. It matched me ok sometimes, but not others. There were some people would would kill in 2 - 3 hits.

I did a bit more practice against bots and came back and match making was putting me against a mix of players. I'm level 3 and some were similar up to 20ish, but I still have something like 1.5 kills to for each death and a reasonable portion of deaths are from the environment where people push me off a ledge (Very lame). This is near unavoidable on 1v1 maps and just makes 1v1 no fun to play. I realise that you can block the guard break, but you only need to get it wrong once and a decent fight becomes a classless fight.

But anyway, the most disappointing thing here is that I read that weapon upgrades gives you a clear advantage over your opponent. In a skill-based game, I find that crazy, but then I remember it has a cash shop and it all makes sense. I'll play longer because some of the core game is good, but I know I won't be playing for a long time as there are a few key issues that I see early on.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Another reason why Skill Based Matchmaking should be abolished.

Not saying skill based. If I have the same skill as you and have a rep of 5 so your gear is 100+ and mine is 0 so mine would be around 15 you have the better odds automatically. That's why on 4v4 matches I believe you should choose your warrior first then when you serch for a game your given opponents around your Rep. you're rep 3 in a game with rep 2s and 3s. You're rep 5 in a game with rep 4s and 5s. Meaning people will have around the same skill level but also same gear level... ish.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Not saying skill based. If I have the same skill as you and have a rep of 5 so your gear is 100+ and mine is 0 so mine would be around 15 you have the better odds automatically. That's why on 4v4 matches I believe you should choose your warrior first then when you serch for a game your given opponents around your Rep. you're rep 3 in a game with rep 2s and 3s. You're rep 5 in a game with rep 4s and 5s. Meaning people will have around the same skill level but also same gear level... ish.

It's skill based, it probably puts your K/D as well as other stats into consideration.

ReggiR
02-21-2017, 12:39 PM

Do you know that one more lvl and your PK can be rep 1 with blue gear 50+ really easy? So basicly, that guy with rep1 and blue gear you complain about is ONE LVL (probably 1-3 matches) from you.

From campaign you get 9 crates, from campaign + both tutorials you have 8k+ steel (and more steel from doing orders on your way to rep1 - totaly i got 12k steel before reaching rep 1 on first character). Its enough to get blue gear on every part from 500 steel crates and upgrade some pieces. And you get a lot of steel left.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:41 PM
You are saying it wrong. It is not skilled based the problem. It is equipment based matchmaking the problem. There is no skill involved in farming the game to get to higher reputation. You should be able to pick a champion before the game, then matched against ppl with same reputation and same equipement (more or less).

Even if you are rep5 with 150 equipement on another champion, you would not 2shor veryone on the game, and you would even be able to face other ppl with same egar on another heroe. THAT would be fair.

That's called SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING, the game tries to make it fair by pitting you towards people with similar skill level. It's the same thing COD did.

doesn't have to be completely literal.

Myton.
02-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Level your classes in 1V1 and 2V2, thats it. get a friend and 1V1 him all day long and you guys will level up good and fast. and you get alot more practise than 4V4!

Specialkha
02-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Nah, the game tries to put you against ppl with more or less the same reputation from all your characters. There is no skill involved in that.

And I am not rep1, still lvl 20, meaning no blue equipment. But that does not change the fact, that my lawbringer lvl 14 is still matched against ppl with rep1 and more.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:50 PM
Level your classes in 1V1 and 2V2, thats it. get a friend and 1V1 him all day long and you guys will level up good and fast. and you get alot more practise than 4V4!

True but people also want to play different modes.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:51 PM
Nah, the game tries to put you against ppl with more or less the same reputation from all your characters. There is no skill involved in that.

And I am not rep1, still lvl 20, meaning no blue equipment. But that does not change the fact, that my lawbringer lvl 14 is still matched against ppl with rep1 and more.

It's Skill Based Matchmaking. Because it tries to pit you with people with similar skill level.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 12:53 PM
It's skill based, it probably puts your K/D as well as other stats into consideration.

You would think they would put into consideration that people with a lot higher level gear have a better fighting chance overall againsed lower leveled gear. I'm not saying a difference of 10 or 30 but when I'm only at 16 ranking up my warden and I'm getting two or three poked by players with over 50-60.

It's not as if I don't know what I'm doing I just don't have a lot of spare time to play. Played the close beta and open. Love the warden but tried new guys when the game was released didn't like them so went back to my warden and well it's hell to rank up.

xaaronjaegerx
02-21-2017, 12:56 PM
You would think they would put into consideration that people with a lot higher level gear have a better fighting chance overall againsed lower leveled gear. I'm not saying a difference of 10 or 30 but when I'm only at 16 ranking up my warden and I'm getting two or three poked by players with over 50-60.

It's not as if I don't know what I'm doing I just don't have a lot of spare time to play. Played the close beta and open. Love the warden but tried new guys when the game was released didn't like them so went back to my warden and well it's hell to rank up.

IDK but I keep on getting matched with Purple and Yellow Tiered. But regardless something is going on with the netcode that pits you against higher leveled almost always.

C.K.Paterson
02-21-2017, 12:58 PM
IDK but I keep on getting matched with Purple and Yellow Tiered. But regardless something is going on with the netcode that pits you against higher leveled almost always.

Fingers crossed Ubi does something in the next patch.

GregoryMcFlint
02-21-2017, 12:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4