PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Tier List Video

HKSpades
02-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Hey all,

Made a video discussing the for honor tier list for release patch. Let me know what you guys think! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svKhYrWaEt0&t=10s

Thanks!
HK

TatoRezo
02-21-2017, 07:53 AM
That tier list is missing a chart for favorable matchups for each character. Basically the single most important thing that defines the viability of a character.

I'd argue that it is important but not that heavily, especially in a game where a roster consists of 12 characters hard counters shouldn't really exist.

Also on the side note, not only doesn't raider get frame advantage after successful hits, but he doesn't even get free GB-s after a parry because of the range. While shoguki the slowest character does get.

TatoRezo
02-21-2017, 08:10 AM
That has nothing to do with hard counteres. If every character would be as viable then there wouldn't be tiers. That's never the case and some characters are having an easier time in certain matchups than others.
Thats how tier lists work in fighting games and those shouldn't have any hard counteres either.

True, I misunderstood you in the first comment. But that's the point that basically many classes have hard counters and you know that if a player is skill the match is decided before round 1 begins.

TatoRezo
02-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Skill has nothing to do with a tier list.

Btw i agree with the list, but I would swap nobushi with orochi because her kit is more versatile and her Punish is far better imo.

It does,
What I did say was that lets say that if I would play myself as nobushi vs raider, my raider self would stand no chance; even if raider had guaranteed heavies after GB I still cant GB nobushi after a parry

TatoRezo
02-21-2017, 08:39 AM
He is :'(

default91
02-21-2017, 08:49 AM
I think this a great video with a lot of good information. Thanks for making the video and sharing it with us.

I generally agree with that tier list, although I like that you also mention that the tier list is not hugely deciding of being able to win a game.

HKSpades
02-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Skill has nothing to do with a tier list.

Btw i agree with the list, but I would swap nobushi with orochi because her kit is more versatile and her Punish is far better imo.

Hey Ryaneko,

Thanks for checking out the vid. Aside from her parry punish from a distance, I don't really know if her punish is that much better. At close range for parry punish they both get GB but Orochi can deal more damage with less stamina meaning he can get a better vortex post-punish. While she can GB -> Side heavy orochi is able to GB -> Top heavy and with her to get more damage than orochi, she has to risk doing the kicks unblockable which means a free punish for the enemy if they read it.

So that's kinda why I gave them roughly the same score for punish. She may have better options at range but at close range orochi's punish is a bit safer for a little more damage. So it kind of equaled out in my opinon.

But, I can definitely see what you're saying about swapping them. Score wise they were only different by 1.5 points on my chart.

I mostly gave orochi more points in neutral due to his dodge strike. It crushes most vortexes in the game since it's so fast that the 2nd half of the dodge cannot be GB'd so any sort of unblockable cancel into GB gets crushed by the dodge strike while Nobushi's doesnt happen as fast meaning she can still be hit by a GB mixup off of certain unblockables. But then again, I could've definitely given nobushi an extra point in neutral game for her hidden stance which is widely underused, but still a bit risky of a move.

haha sorry for the rant.

TLDR: I don't think you should sweat the placings too much. Score-wise they almost scored the same thing. Just so happens I valued 1 or 2 things a little bit more in his kit over hers. Thanks for your input :cool: