PDA

View Full Version : What will be in the update? There is a broken combo that really needs to be fixed

agentpoop
02-21-2017, 07:13 AM
I was curious as to if there is any insight into what will come with the first update of the game? I personally think that the game is really well balanced with the exception of a few things. I think the Nobushi has one combo in particular that needs a vital tweek, it comes after she does her unblockable kick she can do a stab that causes bleeding nearly immediately after. What is wrong with this move is that a bleed move is not supposed to be unblockable (save for the Valkyrie's counter bleed or the Peacemakers stabs) however this move functions as an unblockable move. I have fought countless Nobushi's that exploit this and it can be game breaking at times. I've used heavy defensive characters like the conquerer , Valkyrie and Lawbringer to try and counter this thinking they either have strong defense or a shield. However, the attack still cannot be blocked even when I see it coming a mile away and am moving to block it as fast as possible. Either this move shouldn't bleed or should be slower to allow a potential block.

Another thing that could use a change is some of the guard breaking timing, there are times where it feels or looks on screenas though I either make first contact (with a bigger character since that is what I tend to use) and don't get the break or I hit them before they start an attack animation and it still beats the break. It doesn't look right in game when someone gets hit with a shield and nothing happens.

Fibrillous
02-21-2017, 07:26 AM
nobushi's kick guarantees her to land that second strike. is that what youre talking about?

agentpoop
02-21-2017, 07:47 AM
I'd have to see it again to tell you if it was the next hot or not, my gut feeling is that it isn't. Regardless, even if it was it's unblockable and there's no way to escape that chain once it starts. And the amount of damn that bleed hit does for a light attack is absurd. Maybe it is just the function of her getting that second hit. If it is that fine, then just tone down the effectiveness of that hit. There has been a number of games where I will be way ahead of the Nobushi and get hit with that chain and be on my death bed

Zv1k0
02-21-2017, 09:13 AM
As Fibrillous said, her bleeding light after kick is guaranteed. But that doesnt make her op at all. Well if i use the combo and keep doing kicks till i get out of stamina you are pretty much dead especially if its near the wall. BUT this only works for someone who cant dodge...and that kick is very easy to dodge. And you can predict it cause it always happens after her attack or hidden stance. The damage you are talking about is probably that big because you alredy have bleed on you which makes her deal more damage from her passive.

B3N--
02-21-2017, 10:13 AM
when you start to encounter some high level players, pretty much all the unlockable never hit because its telegraphed.

you have to learn the pattern of your ennemy and see what combo he doing , and adjust your gameplay in regard of that ;)

Cel nxtlvl
02-21-2017, 02:00 PM
I dont think this is a major problem as it is so easy to dodge that kick

Slowthrob
02-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Use A/X button to dodge and the problem is solved.

WarConquerer
02-21-2017, 02:38 PM
in my opinion nobushi range needs to be reworked I have played close ranged characters and a lot of nobushi players well just stand back and do her long range attack until you die which makes it unenjoyable to even try to fight her.

agentpoop
02-21-2017, 07:16 PM
As Fibrillous said, her bleeding light after kick is guaranteed. But that doesnt make her op at all. Well if i use the combo and keep doing kicks till i get out of stamina you are pretty much dead especially if its near the wall. BUT this only works for someone who cant dodge...and that kick is very easy to dodge. And you can predict it cause it always happens after her attack or hidden stance. The damage you are talking about is probably that big because you alredy have bleed on you which makes her deal more damage from her passive.

t\he thing is I am pounding the dodge button, the kick always landed though. the previous hit stunned my character usually just long enough where the dodge input wouldnt read in time. Yeah if she just outright kicked me out of her stance nbd, but its when the long attack combo comes its killer. the kick usually comes after she has already started the attack. its an unguardable chain that can take half your health quickly. Maybe she just does too much damage on her bleed right now considering it's a light attack and the quickness of these combos. It's not like I didn't see these combos coming, these players spam them all fight and I'm trying to react before it even happens but none of the characters I've tried react in time to the kick after the chain starts

Braegulfer
02-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Non-issue. Dodge the kick or memorize the chain opener and parry it.

ChienStrap1H
02-21-2017, 08:55 PM
I was curious as to if there is any insight into what will come with the first update of the game? I personally think that the game is really well balanced with the exception of a few things. I think the Nobushi has one combo in particular that needs a vital tweek, it comes after she does her unblockable kick she can do a stab that causes bleeding nearly immediately after. What is wrong with this move is that a bleed move is not supposed to be unblockable (save for the Valkyrie's counter bleed or the Peacemakers stabs) however this move functions as an unblockable move. I have fought countless Nobushi's that exploit this and it can be game breaking at times. I've used heavy defensive characters like the conquerer , Valkyrie and Lawbringer to try and counter this thinking they either have strong defense or a shield. However, the attack still cannot be blocked even when I see it coming a mile away and am moving to block it as fast as possible. Either this move shouldn't bleed or should be slower to allow a potential block.

Another thing that could use a change is some of the guard breaking timing, there are times where it feels or looks on screenas though I either make first contact (with a bigger character since that is what I tend to use) and don't get the break or I hit them before they start an attack animation and it still beats the break. It doesn't look right in game when someone gets hit with a shield and nothing happens.

Bleed moves are not SUPPOSED to be unblockable? According to whom? You?

No one should have unblockable bleed except for Valk and PK apparently, according to you. But then again, they are the only two other characters in the game with native bleed damage. So WTF are you talking about? So basically you don't like that the Nobushi has an unblockable bleed move, even though the other two bleed characters both have those, simply because you aren't good enough to deal with avoiding the attack? Here's a tip: dodge the damn kick. It's easy.

I really wish devs would have the balls to lock multiplayer until the player finishes the tutorial. Make it like parry 10x in a row and tech GB 10x in a row or something as part of the requirement. We need to excise the lowest common denominator who think they should just be handed mad skillz for being special snowflakes from our communities. It's an overused word by this point, but that truly IS cancerous. Game balance isn't about buffing and nerfing whatever people cry about. It's about making adjustments on imbalances so that, at the highest level, it's a game of moves and countermoves. No one wants to play Rock vs Paper. That would be a broken game. For Honor is Rock/Paper/Scissors. It can definitely use some tweaking. But the game isn't broken; you're just dumb and lazy, and you'll never improve until you decide to stop being dumb and lazy.

agentpoop
02-27-2017, 12:27 AM
Bleed moves are not SUPPOSED to be unblockable? According to whom? You?

No one should have unblockable bleed except for Valk and PK apparently, according to you. But then again, they are the only two other characters in the game with native bleed damage. So WTF are you talking about? So basically you don't like that the Nobushi has an unblockable bleed move, even though the other two bleed characters both have those, simply because you aren't good enough to deal with avoiding the attack? Here's a tip: dodge the damn kick. It's easy.

I really wish devs would have the balls to lock multiplayer until the player finishes the tutorial. Make it like parry 10x in a row and tech GB 10x in a row or something as part of the requirement. We need to excise the lowest common denominator who think they should just be handed mad skillz for being special snowflakes from our communities. It's an overused word by this point, but that truly IS cancerous. Game balance isn't about buffing and nerfing whatever people cry about. It's about making adjustments on imbalances so that, at the highest level, it's a game of moves and countermoves. No one wants to play Rock vs Paper. That would be a broken game. For Honor is Rock/Paper/Scissors. It can definitely use some tweaking. But the game isn't broken; you're just dumb and lazy, and you'll never improve until you decide to stop being dumb and lazy.

No Im saying that her bleed move specifically is overpowered. The Valk is weak as is when it comes to basic hits so her bleed move should be strong. Nobushi already has way too much power just adding an unblockable bleed move just is crazy unless she did less damage. The kick simply is not that easy of a move to dodge if youve been hit prior. Sure I can dodge kicks better but why is the Nobushi able to take off such an insane chunk of health when compartively speaking no other bleeder is nearly as strong? That and Valk's bleed for example is one of the harder moves to pull off because of the timing of it. Peacekeeper's bleed move forces you to have to get under their guard and time it right. Nobushi is just kick hit and boom you've taken off a bar.

game balance isnt about preference its about accessbility and skill required to access such a strong move. Why should Valk's bleed move be so much weaker and harder to use when her normal move set also isn't as outwordly powerful?

UbiJurassic
02-27-2017, 12:42 AM

In regards to what will be included in the next update, we unfortunately don't have anything to share just yet. We hope to have information for everyone soon. Keep an eye on the Official News and Announcements forum (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/870-Official-News-and-Announcements) for news regarding upcoming patch notes.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 12:48 AM
In regards to what will be included in the next update, we unfortunately don't have anything to share just yet. We hope to have information for everyone soon. Keep an eye on the Official News and Announcements forum (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/870-Official-News-and-Announcements) for news regarding upcoming patch notes.

Yeah, take your time. No hurry. It's not that your game is dying and people are quitting left, right and center, and the forums are full people with torches and pitchforks and high levels of sodium because they feel like you cheated and deceived them, or something. No really, take your time and keep being vague and silent and show them how little you care because that's totally gonna turn out great.

Figures...

Moondyne_MC
02-27-2017, 01:09 AM
The kick can only follow a light combo (unblocked) or a heavy (blocked or unblocked). It can also be followed by Hidden Stance but no one does that.

As such, as soon as you get that first bleed effect from a light combo, or block a heavy roll away, as that's when the kick is coming.

Easy peasy. I can't even land a kick on an Assassin character as Nobushi.