PDA

View Full Version : UBISOFT can you just remove region locking when trying to find a game?

Xplosive_
02-21-2017, 05:57 AM
I remember in the closed beta, when it didn't have region locking, it took only a few seconds to find a game.

Now in the full release it takes up to 5 minutes to find a game. Sure, i was paired with red bars but i didn't notice any lag issues when i was paired with them.

In fact out of 15 hours of closed beta i only encountered 2-3 lag issues.

Drekle
02-21-2017, 06:37 AM
unfortunately no. Due to the way the game works, having responsive connections over longer distances is kind of like having your cake and eating it too. you can't do both.

This is like saying "You cant play with friends if they don't live by you". Not to mention that its a completely dumb statement. What magical difference do you think there is between someones computer hosting in say Denver and people geographically located playing on that host/server and say a "dedicated server" that sits in Denver? There isn't one, its totally doable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euCnBeCwuA8&t=271s

UbiSlothP2P
02-21-2017, 06:51 AM
This is like saying "You cant play with friends if they don't live by you". Not to mention that its a completely dumb statement. What magical difference do you think there is between someones computer hosting in say Denver and people geographically located playing on that host/server and say a "dedicated server" that sits in Denver? There isn't one, its totally doable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euCnBeCwuA8&t=271s

You can't play with your friends anyways due to the connectivity and matchmaking issues.

Drekle
02-21-2017, 06:56 AM
You can't play with your friends anyways due to the connectivity and matchmaking issues.

It is very difficult, as my video shows. But this is also what the post is about, making it less difficult. I queue against the same teams over and over again as a group. If there is a region lock this is likely the cause of this, and its likely also the cause that queue times are so damn long...

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Ubisoft lock me in chinese region. Red ping, hacking priority players, lags and just trash community. With friend i can play with green ping cis players, solo - can't.

Xplosive_
02-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Well im glad some people agree. This is a big problem.