PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Mode, E-sports?

dfrozen1
02-21-2017, 04:40 AM
Honestly this game should have launched with a ranked mode or built in ELO system.

the game must have a hidden MMR value why not allow players to see it?

the longevity of the game is severely compromised by the lack of such a system or rank specific game-types.

on the subject of E-Sports. specifically console.

also i'd like to know if Ubisoft has any plans for this games competitive scene specifically on console; lets be honest most pc players are already using a controller to play the game because its so well played on a controller. the competitive console gaming scene is basically non existent thanks to KB&M. yet for honors controls seem more suited to a controller than any game I've played in a while. it would be a shame if the chance to turn this game into an E-sport specifically on console slipped by because Ubisoft didn't cater to the large console user-base.

lots of people have talked about the games E-sport potential even games journalists; but Ubisoft are the only people who can actually make it happen. they need to bankroll it; set up tournaments prize pools etc. how about some of that money from the outrageously overpriced micro-transactions actually gets used to improve the game and its community? or if your feeling especially cheap how about offering in-game currency as prize to test the waters.

So far we have; No ranked, No spectator mode, no official tournaments and no timeline. are there plans for at-least some of these things?

Gubermensch
02-21-2017, 04:49 AM
Agreed, although I don't think it is critical at this point. I really hope they don't wait an entire season for ranked mode, that would be ridiculous, but I think there may be value in delaying it for a short time until a few bugs and obvious balance issues are worked out. Ubi's involvement in creating a comp scene is cirtical I'd imagine, but it's on the community as well. We need to voice wanting this in a non-hysterical manner, and support the game by sticking with it and joining private competitive tournaments. We need to show that there is a community for it before Ubi shareholders give it the thumbs up. All speculation of course....

Alchemist..
02-21-2017, 05:36 AM
also i'd like to know if Ubisoft has any plans for this games competitive scene specifically on console; lets be honest most pc players are already using a controller to play the game because its so well played on a controller. the competitive console gaming scene is basically non existent thanks to KB&M. yet for honors controls seem more suited to a controller than any game I've played in a while. it would be a shame if the chance to turn this game into an E-sport specifically on console slipped by because Ubisoft didn't cater to the large console user-base.

yes, especially bc you are not able to re bind your keys on controller, counter the Gb does not exist unless you have two thumbs or play in slow motion.
lets be honest, to make from this game e-sport from this what we have take ages, starting from dedicated servers, to anti cheats, ranked games, and big overall balance. if they dont even bother to implement full controller support in cross platform game i will be suprised if they fix current problems in the next half of the year, to make it fully functional product mabye next 6 motnhs bc for now almost every game mechanism does not work as it should

Thilly.Gooth
02-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Sounds good on paper but with P2P and other game breaking issues, any real competitive gamer would laugh at this pile of heap.

Vigarious
02-21-2017, 05:42 AM
Sounds good on paper but with P2P and other game breaking issues, any real competitive gamer would laugh at this pile of heap.
The game has issues, we can all see that. However, fighting games (sf, mk, bb, etc) all use p2p.

Fuqbois
02-21-2017, 05:46 AM
They already said that we will have a ranked mod, its really bad to launch a game with ranked early, it just splits population, and if the requirement to play ranked were high, few people would play, we would have really longue queue times. Not to mention that they want to balance before ranked.

All recent games always wait some months to launch ranked.

Relax its coming.