PDA

View Full Version : For Honor is really fun, but full of too many gimmicks

TurtlemiIk
02-21-2017, 04:32 AM
Too often, I feel like the "ground-breaking" combat system is more about gimmicks than anything else. I think it's silly how difficult it is to actually "fight" other players. I've lost count of how many Warlords, for example, rather than fighting will just constantly guard break/headbutt spam for the nearest cliff. I think I've both died and gotten more kills from cliffs and ladders than actual combat.

And it doesn't end there. I just finished recording a Berserker who got Revenge from a 1v1 only by taking damage - he was never outnumbered and never even blocked or parried. The first player to attack is already put at a disadvantage, so why must these Revenge builds reward turtling? Hell, I even just had a Conqueror on my team who simply would never attack while Revenge was down, and would only guard break/shield bash spam (for environmental kills).

And Elimination? It's turning into a "immediately sprint off for the nearest powerup and never fight without one" game. How is that fun?

Thoughts?

WOR-Hunter
02-21-2017, 04:41 AM
It's all about winning. Just like all of those people who cheated to advance to rep 7. That's the human race, bud.

MassiveD.
02-21-2017, 05:02 AM
It's all about winning. Just like all of those people who cheated to advance to rep 7. That's the human race, bud.

Cheated to advance to rep 7? WTF?

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 05:07 AM
Cheated to advance to rep 7? WTF?

You can have something press buttons on a timer overnight so you dont get kicked in domination, and when you wake up, you will have a ton of rewards and XP from those games.

Drekle
02-21-2017, 05:15 AM
I agree that this is where the game falls short. The game isn't really about skillful combat as much as it is abusing the environment and game mechanics.