PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason dashing doesn't cost stamina?

LeonaBott
02-21-2017, 03:23 AM
It seems incredibly weird that it doesn't

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 03:26 AM
It seems incredibly weird that it doesn't

Likely because the assassins need it if they are too even stand a chance in fights.

RaidoKnight
02-21-2017, 03:39 AM
Likely because the assassins need it if they are too even stand a chance in fights.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

feuerundblut
02-21-2017, 03:45 AM

Nothing to add here. Well said.

Felis_Menari
02-21-2017, 04:08 AM
With how easy it is to bottom out on stamina due to bashing attacks and parrying, being unable to dodge/quick step would be detrimental to the overall balance and enjoyment of the gameplay, in my opinion.

Deus-Vultt
02-21-2017, 04:42 AM
I think it should cost some stamina and you should be unable to dodge while exhausted.

It would slow the game down a bit, its already incredibly bursty at high levels in dominion/elim where people die in 2, or sometimes 1 hit.

what wouldn't be effected? Parry, and deflect and block. You will still be able to avoid damage if you were skilled enough.

you would need to take stamina burn from a few skills (like warden shoulder charge or warlord headbutt), but classes like Raider and Lawbringer would be more dangerous which is good because when i see one its easily a free kill doesn't matter the skill.assassins would mostly be effected by this, but they already get deflect that deals damage but something needs to change with the assassin/warden should spam we see now the games longevity is at stake.

I get that assassins deal insane damage with quick attacks. But making it so they can dodge AND be immune to guard break is pretty silly.. specailly when assassins sit there and never attack till they get to dodge/parry an attack into 1/2 to 3/4 an enemy hp pool. more times then once i see people sitting there staring at each other not wanting to make a move cause they know that if they do it will easily get punished.

the game right now SEVERELY punishes offensive players its sickening.

WOR-Hunter
02-21-2017, 04:48 AM
Fine.

But I also want characters outside of assassins to drain of stamina a lot quicker since they are using bigger weapons and often have more armor.

Oh! And you should play with an assassin. It's not easy. We can't even keep our guard up for more than 1 second. Literally, 1 second. That's how long it takes.

Deus-Vultt
02-21-2017, 05:11 AM
Fine.

But I also want characters outside of assassins to drain of stamina a lot quicker since they are using bigger weapons and often have more armor.

Oh! And you should play with an assassin. It's not easy. We can't even keep our guard up for more than 1 second. Literally, 1 second. That's how long it takes.

I Play LB and 1 parry completely drains my stam from full so its already is how you said :P

I already have played an oroshi a few levels and found it incredibly easy, i am not very good at it but just found it incredbly more resposive. Also would you rather have your block of 1 second or the super slow switch blocks of LB/raider? I'd gladly give up my infinite duration guard if it was quick to engage like yours.

TCTF_SWAT
02-21-2017, 05:14 AM
Could just slow the dashes while exhausted if it really is a big issue.

Deus-Vultt
02-21-2017, 05:18 AM

actually not a bad idea, i'd take that.

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 05:24 AM

That will make assassins (25% of the characters), completely useless.

Deus-Vultt
02-21-2017, 05:46 AM

no it would just make them have to play well instead of an unlimited resource and the best mitigation in the game.

The_B0G_
02-21-2017, 06:02 AM
Fine.

I play LB and Beserker and have tried Orochi, playing assassins is extremely easy compared to non assassin classes. all you have to do is dodge and strike, guard break heavy, dodge and strike. you basically mash attack while easily dodging enemy attacks, you hardly ever use block with assassin in the first place.

TCTF_SWAT
02-21-2017, 06:07 AM

I said slower not able too completely.

LeonaBott
02-22-2017, 01:05 PM
They wouldn't be useless, they'd just have to do more than spam the incredibly hard to punish dash attack whenever someone dares to take a swing at them

Superben_24
02-22-2017, 01:36 PM
I just played against a berserker and he jumped around so fast and far .it was ridiculus . the dodging needs a remake it is to powerful at the moment . assasins can just spam you with attacks and all you can do is block and parry. and usually you don t get **** out of a parry because they just roll away refill stamina and spam again.the mechanic is broken. assasins need to be looked at. there is a reason everyone complains about orochi and peacekeeper.