PDA

View Full Version : Why does GB have no punish?

MassiveD.
02-21-2017, 03:21 AM
Parries, counterattacks all translate to punish , so why the hell does GB not? Are we gonna wait till last few remaining players leave the game and its officially dead?

GB parry should either completely drain GB abusers stamina, throw them on ground, or chain into a move after successful parry, Ive been playing for 4 hours, and every single room i've been to had a GB spammer, it is just too easy to do and is not punished at all, when people see they cant defeat you, they just start GB spamming, im waiting for this mystical patch promise that will fix gb, but if not then refund time for sure

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 03:23 AM
Parries, counterattacks all translate to punish , so why the hell does GB not? Are we gonna wait till last few remaining players leave the game and its officially dead?

GB parry should either completely drain GB abusers stamina, throw them on ground, or chain into a move after successful parry, Ive been playing for 4 hours, and every single room i've been to had a GB spammer, it is just too easy to do and is not punished at all, when people see they cant defeat you, they just start GB spamming, if waiting for this mystical patch promise that will fix gb, but if not then refund time for sure

You know you can counter the guardbreak right?

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 03:25 AM

I think they mean the lack of a way to punish it in a reactionary manner other than reading your opponent to the point you can just light attack every time they guard break. Wherein the punishment would be taking damage. But a missed/whiffed guard break offers absolutely no punishment whatsoever since they immediately go back to guard stance with 0 frames of vulnerability.

MassiveD.
02-21-2017, 03:27 AM

No ****, really? Well alert the presses then!

Even tho poor net-coding, input lags etc makes guard break parry work only sometimes, while the oponent just spams it over and over untill it connects, because theres no reason not to, because ita unpunished

MassiveD.
02-21-2017, 03:29 AM

Even tho poor net-coding, input lags etc makes guard break parry work only sometimes, while the oponent just spams it over and over untill it connects, because theres no reason not to, because its unpunished

Salt_Fist
02-21-2017, 03:58 AM
Thank goodness you're not a game developer. That would ruin the game even more and for everyone.

If you just put some time in and learned the timing you could tech a g.b.

It's like a throw in any other fighting game, teching resets neutral.

BadgerBadger25
02-21-2017, 04:07 AM

Even tho poor net-coding, input lags etc makes guard break parry work only sometimes, while the oponent just spams it over and over untill it connects, because theres no reason not to, because its unpunished

Hahaha.. the way to punish guard-break spamming is by light attacking, light attack always beats guard-break

MassiveD.
02-21-2017, 04:16 AM
Hahaha.. the way to punish guard-break spamming is by light attacking, light attack always beats guard-break

Oh I see, I bet that would work fantastically with a Shugoki fighting against Pk, when they chain lights into GBs.

GB abusers is THE reason why this game is already dead, and its super funny when people compare GN to throws in fighting games, when its clearly they havent even played tekken nor mortal combat, because if they did they would know that a throw has least possible priority over other moves, and is barely used in either of those game, mainly to counter people who dont let go of the guard button

MassiveD.
02-21-2017, 04:17 AM

Oh I see, I bet that would work fantastically with a Shugoki fighting against Pk, when they chain lights into GBs.

GB abusers is THE reason why this game is already dead, and its super funny when people compare GB to throws in fighting games, when its clearly they havent even played tekken nor mortal combat, because if they did they would know that a throw has least possible priority over other moves, and is barely used in either of those game, mainly to counter people who dont let go of the guard button

BadgerBadger25
02-21-2017, 04:34 AM

GB abusers is THE reason why this game is already dead, and its super funny when people compare GB to throws in fighting games, when its clearly they havent even played tekken nor mortal combat, because if they did they would know that a throw has least possible priority over other moves, and is barely used in either of those game, mainly to counter people who dont let go of the guard button

Weird example.. with PeaceKeeper being bugged at the minute she really can't get much from a guardbreak. As a Shugoki, if you're being careful and making sure your passive is up, a Peacekeeper shouldn't be able to just walk up to you and start light attacking without taking a light attack and headbutt... unless you let her hit you with her jump attack of course.

Scythe-Of-Vice
02-21-2017, 05:24 AM
I think they mean the lack of a way to punish it in a reactionary manner other than reading your opponent to the point you can just light attack every time they guard break. Wherein the punishment would be taking damage. But a missed/whiffed guard break offers absolutely no punishment whatsoever since they immediately go back to guard stance with 0 frames of vulnerability.

Actually I find when someone misses a GB, they are easily GB'ed themselves shortly after. Don't see many GB counters really other than High lvl players at the moment. But even when they wiff a GB noticeably, I just dash forward and GB them, they never seem to be able to CGB it.

Cel nxtlvl
02-21-2017, 05:32 AM
Trying to counter guard break is a waste of time in my opinion. You are better off light attacking. Guard breaking is a pretty ugly cheese move at the moment. But my main is Nobushi so i keep my distance and light attack when i see them trying to get in guard break range.