PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT! - Parry into guardbreak is counterable! BUG?

Kav0rk4
02-21-2017, 03:18 AM
These last few days have been pretty hectic. People (including me) were confused as **** about this game mechanic.

Apparently, if you max out your "debuff resistance" stat, you can suddenly counter the parry -> guardbreak "combo".

Meaning, if you get parried, you can counter the followup guardbreak attempt.

MEANING, you can not be punished on a successful parry anymore.

MEANING SPAMMING HEAVY ATTACKS AFTER MAXING OUT THIS STAT BECOMES A VIABLE STRATEGY

This is:

1. Game breaking, rewarding low level play, in a way that "mashing buttons" starts being effecting again, to an extent.

2. A complete change in a core mechanic that's been presented since you start playing the game (And also present in 1v1 and 2v2 modes, where gear is automatically disabled by default)

This is so absolutely backwards I can't even tell you, and I sincerely hope this is an un-intended bug. And if not, this needs to change, NOW.

Maybe the new patch will fix this GB issue, but I doubt it. Nothing even remotely similar was presented to us in the patch notes.

Kav0rk4
02-21-2017, 03:25 AM
And also, you cannot GB someone if they miss their GB on you..

Just makes so many things more un-punishable and noob friendly.

Wrong on so many levels..

ValhallaAtYaBoy
02-21-2017, 04:15 AM
is there any video evidence of this? its a pretty amazing find if it is true. everyone assumed bots were cheating but maybe they just have certain gear.

Kav0rk4
02-21-2017, 04:29 AM
No video evidence, but tested with a friend.

This is 100% a thing.

ValhallaAtYaBoy
02-21-2017, 05:39 AM
just tested it and youre right it works, pretty game breaking. looks like za will be the follow up to parrys in the near future.

KillerMDH
02-21-2017, 06:11 AM
I noticed this today and was completely thrown off by it, definitely needs to be fixed!

TCTF_SWAT
02-21-2017, 06:18 AM
Going off words alone only goes so far. Gona need some proof.

Taxxian
02-21-2017, 06:56 AM
There is a Video of this in the Forum.

The person uploading the Video is claiming tha its a cheat, but the "Debuff Resistance" explanation is more believable i think.

E-A-X
02-21-2017, 07:09 AM
If its that video im thinking about right now, then the question is how it works without gear in a 1on1? :> :confused: But still it would be really nice to get official information about all the gearstats, what they do, when they do and how they work with 100% accurate explanations.

Oupyz
02-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Its works in 1v1 , no gear needed , people do it a lot at high level of play , it seems something is off with gb counter after parry , i managed to do it once or twice , i think its a bugg , nothing new for a new released game , shugoki class is filled with exploit as well