PDA

View Full Version : The Legitimate Definition of Honor.

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 03:17 AM
hon∑or
ˈšnər/Submit
noun
high respect; esteem.
"his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
synonyms: distinction, recognition, privilege, glory, kudos, cachet, prestige, merit, credit; More
a privilege.
"the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"
synonyms: privilege, pleasure, pride, joy; More
verb
regard with great respect.
"Joyce has now learned to honor her father's memory"
synonyms: esteem, respect, admire, defer to, look up to; More
fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).
"make sure the franchisees honor the terms of the contract"
synonyms: fulfill, observe, keep, obey, heed, follow, carry out, discharge, implement, execute, effect; More

Now? Which of these explains how we should play the game with one another? Lets see.

Noun Definition 1 Doesn't seem to tell me I shouldn't 2v1 you. I mean if I hold you in high esteem as a combatant one could either decide to fight you 1vs1 or could decide that presenting you a challenge is the more honorable thing to do wouldn't it?

Noun Definition 2 is something you should check before making demands of someone to play to your SPECIFIC code of honor.

Verb definition 1 can be the same as noun definition 1.

Verb definition 2, could or could not apply depending on how you read the games title.

Now then? Which of these says one should abide specifically to your own code of morals?

Honor is vague, Honor is applicable per individual.

Forcing someone to follow your idea of Honor is just hindering the free thought of another human being, heaven forbid they disagree with you.
You haven't earned the privilege of some random individual in this game on the internet by simply being matched with them.
You shouldn't think so highly of yourself to demand random people follow your morals.

Suck it up and face the fact that 'Honor' Is a flexible subjective term thats more about the opinion of who your fighting against. Don't demand it, don't expect it, don't even think it applies to every game.

Also stop taking your video games so ****ing seriously.

Stubbs-SR1
02-21-2017, 03:21 AM
More like FORget HONOR, amirite?

But seriously, this is getting old. 1 in 3 games I'm in I constantly see, "no honor" typed if you intervene to assist a teammate.

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 03:28 AM
More like FORget HONOR, amirite?

But seriously, this is getting old. 1 in 3 games I'm in I constantly see, "no honor" typed if you intervene to assist a teammate.

I just find it incredibly rude and dishonorable when people expect me to use their moral code on a whim without even asking.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 03:33 AM
Sounds like a post about justifying playing like a coward.

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Sounds like a post about justifying playing like a coward.

It could also be used as a post justifying playing like a griefing fool. Just putting it out there honor is subjective, and if by playing like a coward you mean 'baiting you into parry after parry then throwing you off a cliff because you wouldn't stop being baited' is cowardly I guess your using the word 'coward' as a term for someone who is legitimately playing better than you are.

AkenoKobayashi
02-21-2017, 03:45 AM
"Their morals; their "code". It's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble."

Furholden
02-21-2017, 03:53 AM
It could also be used as a post justifying playing like a griefing fool. Just putting it out there honor is subjective, and if by playing like a coward you mean 'baiting you into parry after parry then throwing you off a cliff because you wouldn't stop being baited' is cowardly I guess your using the word 'coward' as a term for someone who is legitimately playing better than you are.

Fuzzybutts you might be interested in checking out the thread he made about "Honor". It's almost like a joke how these people use the word so loosely.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1585128-No-honor-in-For-Honor

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 03:56 AM
Fuzzybutts you might be interested in checking out the thread he made about "Honor". It's almost like a joke how these people use the word so loosely.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1585128-No-honor-in-For-Honor

I'd rather not subject people to shame for their own ideals. Its when you force those ideals on others that your being kind of a ****. Least my opinion.

Fuzzybutts
02-21-2017, 03:57 AM
"Their morals; their "code". It's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble."

My only code of honor is 'don't hack ****' and 'don't do any dumb **** to get banned from the game'

Ulltrex
02-21-2017, 04:19 AM
#no honor