PDA

View Full Version : Question about blocking

Balla-Shotcallaa
02-21-2017, 02:56 AM
Ok what am I not getting that many others are? In singleplayer I can block perfectly fine, however when I get to Multiplayer everything changes. By the time I see the red indicator and move stance to block, usually my character can't even react in time (Warden and Orochi). This isn't user error, I was a top player in MB: Warband for a while so my reaction to blocking is definitely there. Is this just the failed mechanic of P2P servers or what? Is there SUPPOSED to be a delay between guard stances in multiplayer only? I'm confused, honestly. With what I see on screen, it's not humanly possible to block half the attacks in this game. I also have no problem doing a counter GB in single player, but in multiplayer the timing is horribly off. Makes the game honestly unplayable at a competitive level for me. I have a 6mps download speed, so it's not my internet.

BazajayteeUSA
02-21-2017, 03:28 AM
I have the exact same issue, I don't know if it is connection issues (even though everyone in game is green connection apparently) but even if I am defending in the direction they hit from I apparently still take damage and then the enemy just keeps following up with strikes.

Also seeing people use revenge which knocks everyone back/down but when I use revenge nothing happens. Is that a skill/feat?

RaidoKnight
02-21-2017, 03:42 AM
Also seeing people use revenge which knocks everyone back/down but when I use revenge nothing happens. Is that a skill/feat?

You have to time it right and wait till the enemy tries to attack you.

CertifiedWeaboo
02-21-2017, 03:43 AM
Yeah, I feel you. This happens to me all the time as Orochi. There is a limit on how long you can block with your sword in a certain direction (Idk for Warden). But it just feels like it goes away so quickly.

Balla-Shotcallaa
02-23-2017, 02:27 AM
That's not my problem at all.. Yes Orochi your block window is only temporary but it's plenty long enough, you'll never find yourself blocking too early. The problem is as soon as I see a red indicator to block, I immediately block but half the time it's not fast enough. As I said before I played Warband and was very good at blocking in that game, and it requires much more skill than For Honor. So can no one explain what I'm missing about the blocking in this game?

LegendaryPLANK
02-23-2017, 03:08 AM
Latency is 100% making blocking less reliable. You camn see it from both players sides easily.