PDA

View Full Version : No honor in For Honor

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:04 AM
Like most fighting games, I knew there would always be an issue regarding people who abuse the mechanics. Ironically this wasn't happening at first in lower levels of play, but after the second day or so, I've noticed a reoccurring problem with cowards in this game.

Now I know there's no real standard here, and you're free to play as you wish, so I'm just going to rant here a little about what I've experienced, and it isn't about ganging up: I have no issue with that since there are mechanics designed to balance this such as revenge mode and auto-block left/right. My issue is with people who flee constantly.

In 4V4 I've encountered players who will square up with you, and the moment they begin to lose they run away. Mostly the people who play assassins, which seems to be about 70% of the players anyway. Since I prefer the heavys in this game, it becomes impossible to catch them and overall takes away from the excitement the game has to offer.

Often people will simply run away without even attempting to fight you so that they can go gang up on another member of your team. Maybe I'm just honorable (yes, pun intended) but I prefer going mono e mono and if you win, then you've earned that advantage of helping your teammates in their fights.

Other cowardly players will flee until they find another teammate and them come back and fight you. Sorry but that's pretty pathetic imo.

Any suggestion to fix this seems unrealistic, in a way, in a game that favors it's realism, which I enjoy. It all comes down to character, I guess.

Placing a barrier on a fight in 4v4 until one opponent is defeated seems too limiting, but I do think a fleeing opponent should be able to chased down with a mechanic that gives the chaser a boost in speed, or have the fleeing person lose stamina. I'm just tossing out suggestions, though. Thoughts? Experiences?

Furholden
02-21-2017, 02:08 AM
Fleeing, believe me or not, has won me MANY matches. I just fled and went to revive my teammates. Or camp a cliff to ward off any people chasing me, then continue to flee and try to find opportunities to revive my teammates or group up with them and gank the player chasing me.

And believe me i have had a ton of fun doing it. You are not expected to finish off the opponents you are put to face against. If you think you're going to lose the duel, just run and group up.

If you wish to duel someone to the death without any chance of him fleeing or grouping up with his team or even ganking you, then you should really consider playing 1v1 duel mode instead.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:11 AM
Fleeing, believe me or not, has won me MANY matches. I just fled and went to revive my teammates. Or camp a cliff to ward off any people chasing me, then continue to flee and try to find opportunities to revive my teammates or group up with them and gank the player chasing me.

And believe me i have had a ton of fun doing it. You are not expected to finish off the opponents you are put to face against. If you think you're going to lose the duel, just run and group up.

Exactly the garbage I'm talking about. You, sir, are a coward. And I'm not talking about reviving teammates. I'm talking about fleeing when you're losing or fleeing just to abuse the mechanics instead of facing off against an opponent like a champ. Players like you are ruining this game.

DEV1L79
02-21-2017, 02:16 AM
Let then run away, dont even chase them. Stand your ground and get ready for a 2v1 or 3v1 situation. You may not win everytime but when you do you showed them what honor is.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 02:16 AM
Exactly the garbage I'm talking about. You, sir, are a coward. And I'm not talking about reviving teammates. I'm talking about fleeing when you're losing or fleeing just to abuse the mechanics instead of facing off against an opponent like a champ. Players like you are ruining this game.

When i partake in ANY team event. I am bounded by a responsibility to win at all costs.

I am not inclined to stay to duel with an opponent if it costs my team a casualty. Why do you think 4v4 is regarded as a TEAM event? What do you think teammates are for? To only step up after you're dead? I suppose not.

forrest0755
02-21-2017, 02:19 AM
What you call cowardly, others call smart. The entire idea of fighting with "honor" is a fabrication in this game. 4v4 modes are not about dueling. I cant really run away, because I play as slower characters, but I understand when people do it. Why should people stand there and die?

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:20 AM
When i partake in ANY team event. I am bounded by a responsibility to win at all costs.

I am not inclined to stay to duel with an opponent if it costs my team a casualty. Why do you think 4v4 is regarded as a TEAM event? What do you think teammates are for? To only step up after you're dead? I suppose not.

That's not the point. Sure, you can win by abusing the mechanics, but it doesn't make it fun for anyone by being a coward and running away. It may be called a "team fight," but there's no respect in running away to beat on someone 2v1 when you're so bad you can't even take someone 1 on 1. Obviously you can't secure a kill and you know this, so you run away to win the only way you can, by securing a kill 2v1. Sad.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:22 AM
What you call cowardly, others call smart. The entire idea of fighting with "honor" is a fabrication in this game. 4v4 modes are not about dueling. I cant really run away, because I play as slower characters, but I understand when people do it. Why should people stand there and die?

You won't die if you're good enough to beat your opponent. I guess it's all the bad players who run since they can't secure a kill against someone else and can only do it when paired with a teammate. Sorry but I'd rather earn a win than snake into one by running away and ganging up.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 02:25 AM
You won't die if you're good enough to beat your opponent. I guess it's all the bad players who run since they can't secure a kill against someone else and can only do it when paired with a teammate. Sorry but I'd rather earn a win than snake into one by running away and ganging up.

Even good players make mistakes. So if i think i've made a mistake during a fight i simply run. If you want to play by your own rules you should really give the 1v1 duel a try. Like it or not, people WILL flee in 4v4. Just because you don't know the rules of the game doesn't mean it's illegal.

l-Sir_Smite-l
02-21-2017, 02:28 AM

Other people have different ideas of how to win that are different to yours. Just because they don't subscribe to your version, doesn't make it any less viable. Retreating when you are outmatched is tactically sound. No one fights a war or battle with the intention of it being fair. You wanting to risk a loss for your team by taking this arbitrary high road is your prerogative. Mine is to win for my team at all costs.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:28 AM
Even good players make mistakes. So if i think i've made a mistake during a fight i simply run. If you want to play by your own rules you should really give the 1v1 duel a try. Like it or not, people WILL flee in 4v4. Just because you don't know the rules of the game doesn't mean it's illegal.

I do plenty of 1v1 and I win most of my matches. Sure, you can make mistakes. Live with them and fight like a man (or woman, if you're a woman). And you're correct, I stated that you can abuse the mechanics and it's all about preference. But it also shows a lot into a person's character. These are the same people in Injustice who will pick Deathstroke and spam his guns. Sure, you can win, but it's a pathetic way to win. And with the difference in character speeds, it doesn't make it balanced .

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:32 AM
Other people have different ideas of how to win that are different to yours. Just because they don't subscribe to your version, doesn't make it any less viable. Retreating when you are outmatched is tactically sound. No one fights a war or battle with the intention of it being fair. You wanting to risk a loss for your team by taking this arbitrary high road is your prerogative. Mine is to win for my team at all costs.

Never stated anything about running away when you're ganged up on.

Honestly these responses surprise me. My bad for thinking there were people who shared this sentiment but obviously this community is filled with bad players who can only win in 2v1 situations. Like I said, it's your preference, but it's pathetic. Fight. Secure a win or take the loss like a champ. I think I'll start maining assassins to shut you cowards down. Nothing more satisfying than killing a fleeing bum with Shugoki, but I'll be guaranteed to catch you scrubs as someone else.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 02:33 AM
I do plenty of 1v1 and I win most of my matches. Sure, you can make mistakes. Live with them and fight like a man (or woman, if you're a woman). And you're correct, I stated that you can abuse the mechanics and it's all about preference. But it also shows a lot into a person's character. These are the same people in Injustice who will pick Deathstroke and spam his guns. Sure, you can win, but it' a pathetic way to win. And with the difference in character speeds, it doesn't make it balanced .

Fleeing has nothing to do with abuse of mechanics. It is simply fighting smart. Do you know how monotone this game would be if you're only allowed to duel to the death in every 4v4?

You're absolutely right on it showing a lot into a person's character. It's easy to tell apart smart people from the stubborn ones.

AkenoKobayashi
02-21-2017, 02:34 AM
The only thing that determines what is honorable for me is the 10 Renown I get for Honorable kills, for pushing someone off a cliff.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:38 AM
Fleeing has nothing to do with abuse of mechanics. It is simply fighting smart. Do you know how monotone this game would be if you're only allowed to duel to the death in every 4v4?

You're absolutely right on it showing a lot into a person's character. It's easy to tell apart smart people from the stubborn ones.

Maybe I am stubborn about not playing like a coward, and I'm ok with that. If what is "smart" is running away to gang up than I'll simply have to work around that and play faster characters to destroy anyone trying to be "smart." Let's see how "smart' it is when you jet from a Berserker only to get killed because you're not able to block since you're fleeing. It's gonna be awesome.

l-Sir_Smite-l
02-21-2017, 02:42 AM
Never stated anything about running away when you're ganged up on.

Honestly these responses surprise me. My bad for thinking there were people who shared this sentiment but obviously this community is filled with bad players who can only win in 2v1 situations. Like I said, it's your preference, but it's pathetic. Fight. Secure a win or take the loss like a champ. I think I'll start maining assassins to shut you cowards down. Nothing more satisfying than killing a fleeing bum with Shugoki, but I'll be guaranteed to catch you scrubs as someone else.

And I don't recall ever stating anything about you stating something about running away when ganged up on.

You assume that everyone who employs this tactic have a difficult time fighting 1v1. There are plenty of good duelists out there who have the cunning to escape from a match and revive their team and take advantage of their superior number. It's not about whether or not you can take your opponent on. It's about winning for your team. You make generalizations that these people are cowards and scrubs while not realizing your own condescending elitism. I would rather secure that win than take a loss "like a champ." A champ won't have to worry about losing anyway. And a loss won't help my win orders.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:48 AM
And I don't recall ever stating anything about you stating something about running away when ganged up on.

You assume that everyone who employs this tactic have a difficult time fighting 1v1. There are plenty of good duelists out there who have the cunning to escape from a match and revive their team and take advantage of their superior number. It's not about whether or not you can take your opponent on. It's about winning for your team. You make generalizations that these people are cowards and scrubs while not realizing your own condescending elitism. I would rather secure that win than take a loss "like a champ." A champ won't have to worry about losing anyway. And a loss won't help my win orders.

Then why bring it up in the first place if you never said anything about me saying it, which, you did, when you brought it up, since I didn't.

I don't "assume" anything, actually. Every single person (yes, every single one) who I have encountered that runs away, is terrible in a duel. Either because I'm kicking their butts and they run, or they run, I catch them, and destroy them in 5 seconds. It's not a generalization, it's accurate analysis. Btw, running doesn't always secure a win if you're garbage anyway. I've had people run from me, gang up when they run into a teammate, and I still destroy them both. usually because the fleeing scrub has low health and is easy to kill, and my auto block only gives me revenge to kill the second person. It's not an issue I have as far as affecting whether or not I win, it's simply annoying and sad.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 02:48 AM
Maybe I am stubborn about not playing like a coward, and I'm ok with that. If what is "smart" is running away to gang up than I'll simply have to work around that and play faster characters to destroy anyone trying to be "smart." Let's see how "smart' it is when you jet from a Berserker only to get killed because you're not able to block since you're fleeing. It's gonna be awesome.

Try not to assume anyone who is on the run will get rekt by a pursuer. I play Lawbringer and i can get away all the time. You simply just have to keep an eye out for attacks coming from the back, tap ALT and parry it into a counter. Or you could camp a cliff.

Your generalizations on running tactics shows how shallow of an understanding of the game you have, much less tell everyone else how to play it.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 02:52 AM
Try not to assume anyone who is on the run will get rekt by a pursuer. I play Lawbringer and i can get away all the time. You simply just have to keep an eye out for attacks coming from the back, tap ALT and parry it into a counter. Or you could camp a cliff.

Your generalizations on running tactics shows how shallow of an understanding of the game you have, much less tell everyone else how to play it.

Lol until i find someone good enough to even do that, I'll state that it's them who don't know how to play this game. And it's sad that you run so much you actually have countering fleeing down to a science. Shows a lot about what kind of player you are. "camp a cliff." Lol. We have campers now in For Honor. Jeez you guys are bums lmao.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 02:56 AM
Lol until i find someone good enough to even do that, I'll state that it's them who don't know how to play this game. And it's sad that you run so much you actually have countering fleeing down to a science. Shows a lot about what kind of player you are. "camp a cliff." Lol. We have campers now in For Honor. Jeez you guys are bums lmao.

I'm pretty sure you must be really proud of yourself calling other people names like "coward", "scrub" or "bums" just because we play differently from you.

It's almost like me calling you "stupid" for not knowing how to flee. But well i won't.

l-Sir_Smite-l
02-21-2017, 03:00 AM
Then why bring it up in the first place if you never said anything about me saying it, which, you did, when you brought it up, since I didn't.

I don't "assume" anything, actually. Every single person (yes, every single one) who I have encountered that runs away, is terrible in a duel. Either because I'm kicking their butts and they run, or they run, i catch them, and destroy them in 5 seconds. It's not a generalization, it's accurate analysis. Btw, running doesn't always secure a win if you're garbage anyway. I've had people run from me, gang up when they run into a teammate, and I still destroy them both. usually because the fleeing scrub has low health and is easy to kill, and my auto block only gives me revenge to kill the second person. It's not an issue I have as far as affecting whether or not I win, it's simply annoying and sad.

I was never referring to running away when ganged up on in my original post, just when a player thinks he can't win his current bout. It just threw me off when you mentioned about being ganged up on.

I rarely ever faced against anyone who would run away from me the moment he realized that he was losing our bout. So that would make my analysis contradictory to yours. Which is why I wouldn't really call personal experiences as "accurate analysis" as everyone has different experiences. The problem with 4v4 is that it always boils down to which team gets to secure a kill first. What follows is a race to overwhelm your opponents with numbers. It may not be the most ideal situation for those seeking an "honorable" fight, but you just have to adapt your rules of engagement. 2v2 seems to have a higher concentration of "honorable" players.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 03:01 AM
I'm pretty sure you must be really proud of yourself calling other people names like "coward", "scrub" or "bums" just because we play differently from you.

It's almost like me calling you "stupid" for not knowing how to flee. But well i won't.

It's almost as stupid as thinking pride is related to using an insult. Don't know anyone who is "proud" of that. I don't think that's the corresponding emotion.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 03:09 AM
It's almost as stupid as thinking pride is related to using an insult. Don't know anyone who is "proud" of that. I don't think that's the corresponding emotion.

That's just ego making you bent on defeating your enemy in a battle to the finish. If you let it withhold the best possible decisions in a fight, it makes you a pretty bad player for the team.

The most professional 4-man teams i've played with, all knew how to flee when the time is right. These teams were REALLY difficult to deal with and i've had to chase too. But did i have fun? Sure as hell i did. Even if i lost, it means i've been outsmarted by the opposing team and it was satisfying because i learnt of new ways to combat them.

Why do you think the game was designed to have certain triggers in the map where you can press "E" and you block out a pathway or some feats allowing you to lay traps? Fleeing IS a genuine tactic. And the ones who are able to do it right are really good at it.

Stubbs-SR1
02-21-2017, 03:10 AM

? He's stating that you're acting as though you're on a higher pedestal because you don't run from combat, and use that sense of misguided pride to bash others who don't fit your skewed view of honor in this game. Isn't a very hard concept to grab.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 03:29 AM
? He's stating that you're acting as though you're on a higher pedestal because you don't run from combat, and use that sense of misguided pride to bash others who don't fit your skewed view of honor in this game. Isn't a very hard concept to grab.

I am on a higher pedestal. Next.

Overbrutal1
02-21-2017, 03:34 AM

I couldn't agree more! Listen BlackbirdMPK, I play the Lawbringer. He's one heavy guy, slow as hell. I did encounter guys who flee, it's in the game. Basic strategy. Just like when I equip my gear that makes me run faster. What happens then? Little Peacekeeper won't be running away from me no... little Peacekeeper will soon become a kebab on the end of my poleaxe, as I look her in the eyes knowing she won't be contributing to her team anytime soon. Sometimes I run to, if my team benefits from it why not?

Stubbs-SR1
02-21-2017, 03:34 AM
I am on a higher pedestal. Next.

Funnily enough, a synonym for pride is arrogance. You fit the definition down to the letter.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 03:35 AM
I'm just tossing out suggestions, though. Thoughts? Experiences?

What initially seemed like a bid for people's thoughts and suggestions quickly turned into insults and name-calling the moment someone disagrees with you.

I think people can really see who the toxic ones are in the community - not the people who flee a duel, but the ones who are self-righteous and arrogant.

forrest0755
02-21-2017, 08:31 PM
It is a basic strategy of war. If your opponent is too strong, retreat, and come up with a different plan of attack. There is no shame in temporarily retreating.

Ghoulishtie
02-21-2017, 08:50 PM
For Honor? More like "For Runner"

AKDagriZ
02-21-2017, 08:57 PM
Like most fighting games, I knew there would always be an issue regarding people who abuse the mechanics. Ironically this wasn't happening at first in lower levels of play, but after the second day or so, I've noticed a reoccurring problem with cowards in this game.

Now I know there's no real standard here, and you're free to play as you wish, so I'm just going to rant here a little about what I've experienced, and it isn't about ganging up: I have no issue with that since there are mechanics designed to balance this such as revenge mode and auto-block left/right. My issue is with people who flee constantly.

In 4V4 I've encountered players who will square up with you, and the moment they begin to lose they run away. Mostly the people who play assassins, which seems to be about 70% of the players anyway. Since I prefer the heavys in this game, it becomes impossible to catch them and overall takes away from the excitement the game has to offer.

Often people will simply run away without even attempting to fight you so that they can go gang up on another member of your team. Maybe I'm just honorable (yes, pun intended) but I prefer going mono e mono and if you win, then you've earned that advantage of helping your teammates in their fights.

Other cowardly players will flee until they find another teammate and them come back and fight you. Sorry but that's pretty pathetic imo.

Any suggestion to fix this seems unrealistic, in a way, in a game that favors it's realism, which I enjoy. It all comes down to character, I guess.

Placing a barrier on a fight in 4v4 until one opponent is defeated seems too limiting, but I do think a fleeing opponent should be able to chased down with a mechanic that gives the chaser a boost in speed, or have the fleeing person lose stamina. I'm just tossing out suggestions, though. Thoughts? Experiences?

By reading all your answer you, like a large group of people wont admit the game is just not intended the ways you see it.

I am an infantry veteran.Everything you have to say against people tactics are actually good fighting tactics.
An assasin who attack you and retreat is ok if he feel he cant beat you he will follow with objective or try to 2 vs you.Do whatever you have to do,to stay alive,fullfilll the objective and Dont die .

imagine a company officer giving a report on what went wrong during a given mission ; ''we had to forfeit cause I didnt want my mens tounfair fights so half of our men dieds but it was all in fair duel.''

AkimuMC
02-21-2017, 09:14 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention this line... realism huh? So let me get this correct, you believe in a war (which is the underlying premise of the game) that you should separate from your squad and hope that your opponents do the same, so that you can 1v1 in a team 4v4 match? Bwhahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!! Really?

Cool story. Last I checked in reality, where actual realism takes place, war is killed or be killed. I would imagine if you spoke with any actual war fighter they would explain to you that if you find yourself in a fair fight you should re-think your tactics.

Also, don't take the title of things so literally. Fruit loops, though they are loops, are not made of actual fruit...

Good luck on your quest for chivalry... in a game... that allows a 1v1 mode...

bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Realism... lol... oh, thanks for the chuckles.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 09:47 PM
You sir are the embodiment of everything that is wrong with this game and it's society. You're one of those people who don't like when things don't meet your standard and then rail against that standard by trying to paint others as having less of a foothold on what is and isn't ethical in a game. Your entire post isn't about broken mechanics. It's about your lack of understanding of the game mode you're playing. It's quite simple. Skirmish, Elimination and Dominion are not four distinct one versus one battles. You're just not capable of grasping that and it's affecting your game play and your evaluation of the game itself, especially when you say it's an abuse of a mechanic.

Like most fighting games, I knew there would always be an issue regarding people who abuse the mechanics.

See what you did here. You've attempted to trivialize their strategy because you weren't cunning enough to actually thwart them running away. I would say that your lack of skill in finishing off the player is the direct issue here. Not their having run away.

Ironically this wasn't happening at first in lower levels of play, but after the second day or so, I've noticed a reoccurring problem with cowards in this game.

So you say there is no real standard. You say that players are free to play as they wish, and then you contradict yourself and say that that they're taking the fun out of the game for you and go on and on about their cowardliness. Seems to me you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here.

Now I know there's no real standard here, and you're free to play as you wish, In 4V4 I've encountered players who will square up with you, and the moment they begin to lose they run away. Mostly the people who play assassins, which seems to be about 70% of the players anyway. Since I prefer the heavys in this game, it becomes impossible to catch them and overall takes away from the excitement the game has to offer.

I think you spelled that word incorrectly. The word honorable should be replaced with ignorant. You're again trying to force everyone to play the game to your standards and satisfaction. One problem. The rules of engagement don't require that. You're not good enough to enforce it in your games, and players are beating you and you're upset. The one common factor that is causing your issue? Y O U. Yup. You're your own problem.

You also spelled that one incorrectly as well. You put in cowardly and I think you meant to put in the word savvy. They are smart enough to know that their death will in turn give you an advantage over the remainder of their team, which is what you want. The issue here is that you're not good enough to combat their strategy of leaving you behind. Just like the previous issue I wrote about ... you are the common issue. You.

It seems unrealistic? Have you ever been in a realistic combative situation? Just for clarity sake, what they're doing is called a retreat. Per Webster's dictionary, "(of an army) withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat." That means that you were winning. They knew they were losing and they chose to retreat to a safer location.

Lets revisit this realism trend you're talking about here. Let me just hit the low hanging fruit. Can warriors really revive their dead friends? Can I revive my buddy who was there fighting with me in war so we can go back and take that guy out? Stop with the realism shtick. It's a strawman argument that provides zero credibility to your whining about your perceived lack of character, all while revealing your character.

Gotcha. I can't win so please make it harder for the guy I'm fighting to use sound judgement and strategy to defeat me. Fleeing is a viable option. It's clearly working or you wouldn't be here whining and crying about it, as you've made this abundantly clear that you're having multiple issues with this type of strategy. Oh, just an FYI the speed buff exists in both Skirmish and Elimination. The only mode that it doesn't exist in that is 4v4 is Dominion which would be just too powerful a toy.

Placing a barrier on a fight in 4v4 until one opponent is defeated seems too limiting, but I do think a fleeing opponent should be able to chased down with a mechanic that gives the chaser a boost in speed, or have the fleeing person lose stamina. I'm just tossing out suggestions, though.

You're a cry baby who didn't get his way and have been given an award all your life so you don't understand how to deal with adversity. You're unable to adapt to things that are going on around you and expect everyone else including the manufacturer of the game to bend to your needs.

How about actually getting better at the game, making sound strategic adjustments and overcoming adversity. You might be amazed what happens.

Thoughts? Experiences?

MrForz
02-21-2017, 10:00 PM
I hate fleeing people, but I suppose it's the better thing to do sometimes.

AKDagriZ
02-21-2017, 10:56 PM
when you are at a point of thinking to put walls between duel in elimination show how far you are not understanding the game.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Funnily enough, a synonym for pride is arrogance. You fit the definition down to the letter.

Thanks, man =]

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 11:08 PM
What initially seemed like a bid for people's thoughts and suggestions quickly turned into insults and name-calling the moment someone disagrees with you.

I think people can really see who the toxic ones are in the community - not the people who flee a duel, but the ones who are self-righteous and arrogant.

Well my toxicity doesn't translate into my gameplay which is all that matters. I'd rather take a higher stance on gameplay than play like a little b!tch. If that makes me toxic than dip me in radiation and call me The Toxic Avenger.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 11:11 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention this line... realism huh? So let me get this correct, you believe in a war (which is the underlying premise of the game) that you should separate from your squad and hope that your opponents do the same, so that you can 1v1 in a team 4v4 match? Bwhahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!! Really?

Cool story. Last I checked in reality, where actual realism takes place, war is killed or be killed. I would imagine if you spoke with any actual war fighter they would explain to you that if you find yourself in a fair fight you should re-think your tactics.

Also, don't take the title of things so literally. Fruit loops, though they are loops, are not made of actual fruit...

Good luck on your quest for chivalry... in a game... that allows a 1v1 mode...

bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Realism... lol... oh, thanks for the chuckles.

Who would leave a 4 man squad? last i checked, Elimination starts off with you squared against one person. Meaning that design of the fight is to finish your opponent and then go help your team. Not run like a fool as soon as the fight starts because you can't take on one person.

SoveRReignN
02-21-2017, 11:20 PM
Assassins will flee.. I mean you're missing a point of an Assassin..It will fight you when he has the advantage and disengage when the odds are not on his/her side...They are squishy so i always expect them to run.

Sakkaros
02-21-2017, 11:21 PM
,,, Or they could just do away with infinite sprint like they should have AGES ago and this wouldn't even be a thing. Have you EVER seen anyone run that far in full armor? No, you haven't. GTFO with this nonsense, Ubisoft.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 11:31 PM
Philippides or Pheidippides might disagree with you

,,, Or they could just do away with infinite sprint like they should have AGES ago and this wouldn't even be a thing. Have you EVER seen anyone run that far in full armor? No, you haven't. GTFO with this nonsense, Ubisoft.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 11:31 PM

How many times have you seen a guy get his head chopped off and get back up in 15 seconds as a new person with a new head? Oh, never? GTFO with this nonsense Sakkaros.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 11:33 PM
You sir are the embodiment of everything that is wrong with this game and it's society. You're one of those people who don't like when things don't meet your standard and then rail against that standard by trying to paint others as having less of a foothold on what is and isn't ethical in a game. Your entire post isn't about broken mechanics. It's about your lack of understanding of the game mode you're playing. It's quite simple. Skirmish, Elimination and Dominion are not four distinct one versus one battles. You're just not capable of grasping that and it's affecting your game play and your evaluation of the game itself, especially when you say it's an abuse of a mechanic.

Never stated any one of those was a four man 1v1. Nice strawman. Next.

See what you did here. You've attempted to trivialize their strategy because you weren't cunning enough to actually thwart them running away. I would say that your lack of skill in finishing off the player is the direct issue here. Not their having run away.

An assumption as well as an incorrect one. Next.

So you say there is no real standard. You say that players are free to play as they wish, and then you contradict yourself and say that that they're taking the fun out of the game for you and go on and on about their cowardliness. Seems to me you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here.

Fun is subjective. So are standards. It's my subjective view and not meant to be facts. Next.

I think you spelled that word incorrectly. The word honorable should be replaced with ignorant. You're again trying to force everyone to play the game to your standards and satisfaction. One problem. The rules of engagement don't require that. You're not good enough to enforce it in your games, and players are beating you and you're upset. The one common factor that is causing your issue? Y O U. Yup. You're your own problem.

Making a post expressing my opinion doesn't equal forcing anyone to do anything. Did you read this and are now compelled to play differently? Secondly, I'm not upset and stated in another reply that I easily kill fleeing players. I simply stated that it's annoying. Wanna run? No problem. I'm still gonna kill you when I catch you. Because the corresponding trait with players who flee is that they're bad. Strawmanning yet again. Next.

You also spelled that one incorrectly as well. You put in cowardly and I think you meant to put in the word savvy. They are smart enough to know that their death will in turn give you an advantage over the remainder of their team, which is what you want. The issue here is that you're not good enough to combat their strategy of leaving you behind. Just like the previous issue I wrote about ... you are the common issue. You.

Last i checked the correct spelling or coward ins't savvy. Seeing as how they have completely different alphabetical digits. I'll reiterate: you say I can't "counter" fleeing, so please tell me what the "counter" is? Obviously catching someone. Which is an issue if the character is faster than you. There's no legit way to "combat" fleeing unless (1) the person has an equal or greater run speed, or (2) you can do what they do and look for another teammate to gang up on to even the odds. I'm sorry did I just cover that I DO know how to combat it? Never stated I don't know how to combat it, that's another strawman on your part, I stated that it's annoying. Next.

It seems unrealistic? Have you ever been in a realistic combative situation? Just for clarity sake, what they're doing is called a retreat. Per Webster's dictionary, "(of an army) withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat." That means that you were winning. They knew they were losing and they chose to retreat to a safer location.

"(of an army) withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat." So run away if you're garbage. Gotcha. Next.

Lets revisit this realism trend you're talking about here. Let me just hit the low hanging fruit. Can warriors really revive their dead friends? Can I revive my buddy who was there fighting with me in war so we can go back and take that guy out? Stop with the realism shtick. It's a strawman argument that provides zero credibility to your whining about your perceived lack of character, all while revealing your character.

Oh wow look you DO know what a strawman is. If that's the case then why did you build so many? Next.

Gotcha. I can't win so please make it harder for the guy I'm fighting to use sound judgement and strategy to defeat me. Fleeing is a viable option. It's clearly working or you wouldn't be here whining and crying about it, as you've made this abundantly clear that you're having multiple issues with this type of strategy. Oh, just an FYI the speed buff exists in both Skirmish and Elimination. The only mode that it doesn't exist in that is 4v4 is Dominion which would be just too powerful a toy.

If you're not garbage in the first place you wouldn't have to flee. Point. Blank. Period. Again. yet again. It's not an issue that affects whether I win or lose in any way. It's just cowardly. Next.

You're a cry baby who didn't get his way and have been given an award all your life so you don't understand how to deal with adversity. You're unable to adapt to things that are going on around you and expect everyone else including the manufacturer of the game to bend to your needs.

I'll tell you what I told the other guy: don't be a psychologist, because your attempt to "read me" is so far from the truth it's hysterical. Lol given an award all my life. That's incredibly funny. Next. Oh btw, strawman.

How about actually getting better at the game, making sound strategic adjustments and overcoming adversity. You might be amazed what happens.

And now that you've built an entire field of strawmen, I'm not going to be a strawcrow and fuel this. Your entire argument was built on assumptions and as much as you try to sound intellectual, you come off as an idiot.

Brave_Thunder
02-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Personally in the few elimination games that I play I use my pk,basically because if a 2-3v1 situation happens,I can run till the end of the round.No one can tell others how to play the game.Sure,someone will always be coward(tactics...meh) and flee from a 1v1,but at least you can flee from those very brave(/s) gankers and let them time to think at what they've done.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 11:38 PM
thatīs your self imposed rule on how to play this mode. last time i checked the only rules where basically that the team with at least one guy standing wins and thatīs pretty much it.

Self-imposed... rule? No. Self-imposed standard. You're free to run like a little girl that's fine lol.

Rafter74
02-21-2017, 11:43 PM
People really want to bring realism into this discussion? It's a dumb argument. Not only could you not take more than one hit to the face without being dead, but the flames coming out of my back don't exist in real life, and a heavy in full armor would make it about 10 steps in a full sprint before he fell over dead. So, yeah, shut up with the realism angle.

As far as "runners" who cares? Let them run. If you are playing 4v4 the name of the game is to win as a team, not to rack up as many solo kills as you can accomplish. I'm a Peacekeeper, I don't run, people run from me all the time. I hope they are bringing back friends with them because I will punish them for it. At the end of the day people who run aren't accomplishing anything, unless your own team is full of runners as well.

I also love how it's always the heavies that ***** about runners, but love to sit on a point and do nothing but throw people off cliffs all day long. Do I ***** about that? No, it's a part of the game and I deal with it, just like you should have to deal with people being faster than you. Sorry, this isn't your personal playground where all the rules are going to benefit your class. Sometimes you are going to have to suck it up and accept that you have a weakness.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 11:43 PM
Personally in the few elimination games that I play I use my pk,basically because if a 2-3v1 situation happens,I can run till the end of the round.No one can tell others how to play the game.Sure,someone will always be coward(tactics...meh) and flee from a 1v1,but at least you can flee from those very brave(/s) gankers and let them time to think at what they've done.

Change your name, please.

Prophit618
02-21-2017, 11:47 PM
I actually agree with one part of OPs original posting. When people run before the fight has even started, that seems pretty silly and more than a little annoying.
When you're in a fight though, and you're losing, by all means, retreat. Go get some objectives and head back, or go get help a teammate, and I'll do the same. Is it mildly irritating. Why yes it is. But so is getting killed. And in the end I'd rather my opponent play smart than adhere to some arbitrary codes of honor.

For what it's worth, I personally always try to win my 1v1, and I almost never flee from a fight even if I'm losing it (though this is in part because I'm usually so tied up in the battle I don't think about it, not a matter of honor or pride). And in Brawl mode I won't even go help my partner after winning unless someone else has done so first. But any 4v4 mode is war, and to complain about fairness in a war is pretty childish behavior.

AKDagriZ
02-21-2017, 11:47 PM
People really want to bring realism into this discussion? It's a dumb argument. Not only could you not take more than one hit to the face without being dead, but the flames coming out of my back don't exist in real life, and a heavy in full armor would make it about 10 steps in a full sprint before he fell over dead. So, yeah, shut up with the realism angle.

As far as "runners" who cares? Let them run. If you are playing 4v4 the name of the game is to win as a team, not to rack up as many solo kills as you can accomplish. I'm a Peacekeeper, I don't run, people run from me all the time. I hope they are bringing back friends with them because I will punish them for it. At the end of the day people who run aren't accomplishing anything, unless your own team is full of runners as well.

I also love how it's always the heavies that ***** about runners, but love to sit on a point and do nothing but throw people off cliffs all day long. Do I ***** about that? No, it's a part of the game and I deal with it, just like you should have to deal with people being faster than you. Sorry, this isn't your personal playground where all the rules are going to benefit your class. Sometimes you are going to have to suck it up and accept that you have a weakness.

Lets face it ! a skilled PK or Nobushi its a friggin nightmare i often run like a coward and ask my friend to help me handle these 2 specific hero lol

Brave_Thunder
02-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Change your name, please.

Because I run from gankers?Lol.I hate runners in 1v1 just like you.But if someone hasn't the courage to fight me in a fair fight,why should I show courage to him?

Rafter74
02-22-2017, 12:01 AM
Lets face it ! a skilled PK or Nobushi its a friggin nightmare i often run like a coward and ask my friend to help me handle these 2 specific hero lol

If you are playing someone who totally outclasses you there is no shame in running. People who think otherwise are idiots. All this "no honor" stuff is just neckbeard baby raging. I fought this warlord this one time that was just impossible to beat and we basically avoided the dude non-stop until he was the only one left because, regardless of what some around he will tell you, winning is the name of the game. Guy was a beast, gave him his props, but I'm not going to run in and die to a guy over and over again because some fedora wearing "M'lady" type thinks it's the honorable way to play a video game...a video game!

Seriously, anyone whining about honor in a video game needs to get a life. You aren't a real Knight, Sir xXMeatStIcKWaRRioR42Xx and your constant headbutt, shove, shield bash is just as annoying as someone who runs...suck it up big boys.

AkimuMC
02-22-2017, 12:11 AM
Who would leave a 4 man squad? last i checked, Elimination starts off with you squared against one person. Meaning that design of the fight is to finish your opponent and then go help your team. Not run like a fool as soon as the fight starts because you can't take on one person.

Elimination does in fact start you off facing an opponent... I do not think that inherently means "You must first eliminate this opponent before moving freely around the map". If that were the case, wouldn't they have designed "rooms" or "gates" that would only lower once you have eliminated your opponent... but they didn't do that. It makes no sense for you to tell me that elimination is meant and designed to be a 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1...

So, if you know you struggle against a certain character, or one of your teammates does, why wouldn't you move to their position to try and gain an advantage?

I don't think the design of the game is fundamentally wrong, I just think some folks have fundamentally wrong tactics. If you cannot win with what you are currently doing, maybe you should try something new?

BlackbirdMPK
02-22-2017, 12:11 AM
Because I run from gankers?Lol.I hate runners in 1v1 just like you.But if someone hasn't the courage to fight me in a fair fight,why should I show courage to him?

Gankers, no. That's fine. I misunderstood.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 12:27 AM
Yes you did. Your first post says, and I quote, "I prefer going mono e mono and if you win, then you've earned that advantage of helping your teammates in their fights."So please try harder not to counter yourself and your topic of conversation, because you're making my job of making you look like a fool entirely too easy.

Never stated any one of those was a four man 1v1. Nice strawman. Next.

How is this an assupmtion? You clearly said, and I quote, "it becomes impossible to catch them and overall takes away from the excitement the game has to offer." how am I assuming that you're not able to catch them if you're clearly saying you're unable to catch them. How am I assuming you're not good enough to kill them before they run if you're clearly saying they're doing it. You're not very good at this.

An assumption as well as an incorrect one. Next.

Do you even know what the definition of standard is?

Per Webster's Dictionary:

usual, common, or customary:

Your stance is that your way is the way to play and that everyone else should be required to play by that standard. Not sure exactly why you're saying things should be changed to meet your "standard" and then saying there are different standards and it's just your opinion. Which one is it? Are you really just running your mouth in frustration and understand that the game mode is actually allowing them to do what they're doing and it's not a mechanical abuse as you claim?

Fun is subjective. So are standards. It's my subjective view and not meant to be facts. Next.

Your post clearly implies that you're wanting a change to the rules of the game. If I'm wrong then feel free to correct me, but you've gone so far as to point out that while a wall wouldn't be a good idea you'd like to impede their running away. That is changing the game to meet your expectations. It's not too hard to follow.

Making a post expressing my opinion doesn't equal forcing anyone to do anything. Did you read this and are now compelled to play differently? Secondly, I'm not upset and stated in another reply that I easily kill fleeing players. I simply stated that it's annoying. Wanna run? No problem. I'm still gonna kill you when I catch you. Because the corresponding trait with players who flee is that they're bad. Strawmanning yet again. Next.

I love that you end every counterpoint with Strawman like I didn't specifically counter you. It's like you're trying to just use random things to look cool. I'm not going to do your work for you and teach you how to play a game mode you actually don't want to play. I don't have a single issue with a fleeing player. I never have. Seems to me you'll need to invest some time to figure out exactly how that works.

Last i checked the correct spelling or coward ins't savvy. Seeing as how they have completely different alphabetical digits. I'll reiterate: you say I can't "counter" fleeing, so please tell me what the "counter" is? Obviously catching someone. Which is an issue if the character is faster than you. There's no legit way to "combat" fleeing unless (1) the person has an equal or greater run speed, or (2) you can do what they do and look for another teammate to gang up on to even the odds. I'm sorry did I just cover that I DO know how to combat it? Never stated I don't know how to combat it, that's another strawman on your part, I stated that it's annoying. Next.

See there you go. Strawman argument at it's finest. You've done nothing to actually further the discussion but name call. Retreat is a word. It's in the dictionary. It's a valid strategy. You're just butt hurt it's being used on you and you're unable to counter it. Sounds like you need to spend more time working that out rather than posting on the forums you should be in game.

"(of an army) withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat." So run away if you're garbage. Gotcha. Next.

Again you're using flawed logic. If I know I can outrun you, can beat you to a teammate and get their guy down before you get to me I now have an advantage. Seems to me that the tactic of running away created a problem for you, your team and your teammates. Sounds like you have a problem. Not me.

If you're not garbage in the first place you wouldn't have to flee. Point. Blank. Period. Again. yet again. It's not an issue that affects whether I win or lose in any way. It's just cowardly. Next.

How am I trying to "read" you by saying you're misinterpreting the rules of the game? How am I trying to read you by pointing out that you can't adapt to whats being done to you? You've clearly shown that this tactic not only gets under your skin but you struggle with it. That's not my fault. Its a you problem.

I'll tell you what I told the other guy: don't be a psychologist, because your attempt to "read me" is so far from the truth it's hysterical. Lol given an award all my life. That's incredibly funny. Next. Oh btw, strawman.

So you spent all that time constructing your arguments back in a logical and laid out format but you're not going to continue this argument? Just like every other point you've made in this entire thread, you contradict yourself again. Keep trying thought. It's kind of funny.

And now that you've built an entire field of strawmen, I'm not going to be a strawcrow and fuel this. Your entire argument was built on assumptions and as much as you try to sound intellectual, you come off as an idiot.

Vigarious
02-22-2017, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure what you expected in a team mode... you aren't suppose to utilize your team? Isn't that the point?

Sugaroverdose
02-22-2017, 12:43 AM
Exactly the garbage I'm talking about. You, sir, are a coward. And I'm not talking about reviving teammates. I'm talking about fleeing when you're losing or fleeing just to abuse the mechanics instead of facing off against an opponent like a champ. Players like you are ruining this game.LMAO, so he playing assasin, seeing that he don't have surprise attack superiority also that you stand near cliff in full stance like a BOSS waiting that someone will be dumb enough to spend time on you, why the hell should he even think about attacking you?

If you didn't get it - every non 1v1 mode is about team performance, not about team 1v1 capabilities

BlackbirdMPK
02-22-2017, 12:47 AM
Yes you did. Your first post says, and I quote, "I prefer going mono e mono and if you win, then you've earned that advantage of helping your teammates in their fights."So please try harder not to counter yourself and your topic of conversation, because you're making my job of making you look like a fool entirely too easy.

How is this an assupmtion? You clearly said, and I quote, "it becomes impossible to catch them and overall takes away from the excitement the game has to offer." how am I assuming that you're not able to catch them if you're clearly saying you're unable to catch them. How am I assuming you're not good enough to kill them before they run if you're clearly saying they're doing it. You're not very good at this.

Do you even know what the definition of standard is?

Per Webster's Dictionary:

usual, common, or customary:

Your stance is that your way is the way to play and that everyone else should be required to play by that standard. Not sure exactly why you're saying things should be changed to meet your "standard" and then saying there are different standards and it's just your opinion. Which one is it? Are you really just running your mouth in frustration and understand that the game mode is actually allowing them to do what they're doing and it's not a mechanical abuse as you claim?

Your post clearly implies that you're wanting a change to the rules of the game. If I'm wrong then feel free to correct me, but you've gone so far as to point out that while a wall wouldn't be a good idea you'd like to impede their running away. That is changing the game to meet your expectations. It's not too hard to follow.

I love that you end every counterpoint with Strawman like I didn't specifically counter you. It's like you're trying to just use random things to look cool. I'm not going to do your work for you and teach you how to play a game mode you actually don't want to play. I don't have a single issue with a fleeing player. I never have. Seems to me you'll need to invest some time to figure out exactly how that works.

See there you go. Strawman argument at it's finest. You've done nothing to actually further the discussion but name call. Retreat is a word. It's in the dictionary. It's a valid strategy. You're just butt hurt it's being used on you and you're unable to counter it. Sounds like you need to spend more time working that out rather than posting on the forums you should be in game.

Again you're using flawed logic. If I know I can outrun you, can beat you to a teammate and get their guy down before you get to me I now have an advantage. Seems to me that the tactic of running away created a problem for you, your team and your teammates. Sounds like you have a problem. Not me.

How am I trying to "read" you by saying you're misinterpreting the rules of the game? How am I trying to read you by pointing out that you can't adapt to whats being done to you? You've clearly shown that this tactic not only gets under your skin but you struggle with it. That's not my fault. Its a you problem.

So you spent all that time constructing your arguments back in a logical and laid out format but you're not going to continue this argument? Just like every other point you've made in this entire thread, you contradict yourself again. Keep trying thought. It's kind of funny.

Read every single one of your responses to my responses back to yourself and see how you didn't respond to any of them. I'm not even gonna bother picking apart MORE piss-weak strawman arguments. Literally not one of your responses addresses anything I said, so there's no point in even bothering.

SnueGliffer
02-22-2017, 12:49 AM
"You have to play the game by this arbitrary list of rules I've made up in my head because I said so! Even though there is already a system in place you have to ignore it completely and play the game by my standards or else you're a coward!"

You get people like you in Street Fighter as well, people who simply cannot deal with a certain tactic so demand everyone else bend over to their preferred style of play. If you want a fair fight then play Duels, it's what it's there for.

BlackbirdMPK
02-22-2017, 12:52 AM
LMAO, so he playing assasin, seeing that he don't have surprise attack superiority also that you stand near cliff in full stance like a BOSS waiting that someone will be dumb enough to spend time on you, why the hell should he even think about attacking you?

If you didn't get it - every non 1v1 mode is about team performance, not about team 1v1 capabilities

Sure sure. Everyone group up and press R1 and hope you get lucky. So much skill.

BlackbirdMPK
02-22-2017, 12:53 AM
LMAO, so he playing assasin, seeing that he don't have surprise attack superiority also that you stand near cliff in full stance like a BOSS waiting that someone will be dumb enough to spend time on you, why the hell should he even think about attacking you?

What? Who the hell said anything about standing near a cliff?

Sirrkas
02-22-2017, 12:54 AM
and a heavy in full armor would make it about 10 steps in a full sprint before he fell over dead. So, yeah, shut up with the realism angle.

Then you never have seen a guy in armor. Nobody would die by making 10 steps. Sure, it weighs a bit, but that doesnīt mean, you can't move fast for a few minutes. It mostly depends on the fitness of the person. The armor weighs less than field pack and is better distributed. Just because it is made of metal, it does not have to weigh a ton.

Since the characters are all trained warriors, they should be so familiar with wearing armor and running in it, that they have no problem, doing so.

StrutterGear
02-22-2017, 01:01 AM
Ganking is frowned upon in every game. Always has always will.

DemonReborn23
02-22-2017, 01:40 AM

Just for you..

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer" Javik (Mass Effect

TR.WhiskeyD
02-22-2017, 01:54 AM
I guess someone never read Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Instead of getting pissy and whiny about how someone ran from you, chase them, and be empowered that someone opted to flee.

DemonReborn23
02-22-2017, 02:02 AM
I guess someone never read Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Instead of getting pissy and whiny about how someone ran from you, chase them, and be empowered that someone opted to flee.

you my friend you have my respect not honor just respect and for that respect i shall press like ..

Drekle
02-22-2017, 02:39 AM
It's called "For Honor" not "With Honor".

NightBlade87
02-22-2017, 05:12 AM
:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0wa0W13yw

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Love it!

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0wa0W13yw

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 03:55 PM
You can run around your own weak topic and spout all the nonsense you want. You're free to do that. But you and I both know I'm kicking your *** like you owe me lunch money.

Read every single one of your responses to my responses back to yourself and see how you didn't respond to any of them. I'm not even gonna bother picking apart MORE piss-weak strawman arguments. Literally not one of your responses addresses anything I said, so there's no point in even bothering.

Captain-Courage
02-22-2017, 04:14 PM
What I find the most fun in all that "honor" giberish is that when you study warfare history a little, you quickly see that the most inovative and efficient military strategies of their time were often viewed as deeply dishonorable when first used, often because it threw everybody off guard .... Before being adapted and employed by everybody else.

Ask Sun Tzu, Genghis Khan, William the Conqueror ...

BlackbirdMPK
02-23-2017, 01:33 AM
You can run around your own weak topic and spout all the nonsense you want. You're free to do that. But you and I both know I'm kicking your *** like you owe me lunch money.

Yes people who are losing arguments often say they're winning. Stop.

I utterly demolished everything you said and you responded with stuff that had nothing to do with anything.

slim147
02-23-2017, 01:46 AM

If you wish to duel someone to the death without any chance of him fleeing or grouping up with his team or even ganking you, then you should really consider playing 1v1 duel mode instead.

So youre basically saying you're not trying to get better at the game ,if you don't try to 1v1 people better then you, youll stay trash forever and have to rely on those bs tactics to win.If you run youre garbage take your defeat like a man and try to win the fight.......coward lol

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 01:52 AM
Its pretty cut and dry to me.

If you wanna play like a scumbag then go for it. You are perfectly entitled to play however you want.

BUT

It is the right of the rest of the playerbase to look down on you and criticize you for doing so.

Its your own fault for taking offense to that.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 01:57 AM
Didn't you say you were no longer going to respond. You're backtracking from that just like you're losing this discussion. Quickly and poorly.

I utterly demolished everything you said and you responded with stuff that had nothing to do with anything.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 02:06 AM
Its pretty cut and dry to me.

If you wanna play like a scumbag then go for it. You are perfectly entitled to play however you want.

BUT

It is the right of the rest of the playerbase to look down on you and criticize you for doing so.

Its your own fault for taking offense to that.

I would just like to say, I really like your chances of winning" Most Pompous Person On The Internet" this year. With a little hard work, you can really perfect your craft, and be even more pompous. Then you would win for sure.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 02:14 AM
I would just like to say, I really like your chances of winning" Most Pompous Person On The Internet" this year. With a little hard work, you can really perfect your craft, and be even more pompous. Then you would win for sure.

I am a blunt person.

I don't really care about sugarcoating, going with the crowd or being liked. I am content with just being right.

udin23x
02-23-2017, 02:21 AM
Well dont bother chase them down..let them run..u win..and as u said u use HEAVY..that means simply hold ur AREA..dont go run all over the place..thats other heroes role..as long as u protect ur area ur winning..unless if ur like down alot of points than u gotta move

Drazard_TCR
02-23-2017, 02:25 AM
OP, your a fu,ck.ing re.tard...

Wolf-Heathen
02-23-2017, 02:26 AM

There is nothing pompous about his statement. You're free to like a d-bag all you want, but the majority of us chose not to. Just don't act shocked when people call you out on it and your straw man arguments trying to justify your d-bag behavior.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 02:29 AM
There is nothing pompous about his statement. You're free to like a d-bag all you want, but the majority of us chose not to. Just don't act shocked when people call you out on it and your straw man arguments trying to justify your d-bag behavior.

See this guy gets it.

You can play however you want no one is saying you can't (Well I'm not) but you can't play like that and then come to the forums and say "man I can 2v1 and throw people off ledges all day with the best of them I am so good at this game"

Because you aren't.

You are good at fighting when you have the advantage of numbers which you SHOULD be good at and you are good at pressing a single button and shoving a player in a direction.

In order to be SKILLED at a game like this you need a bit more than ganging up on people and shoving people. You can WIN all day long, but WINNING has nothing to do with SKILL. It just so happens that the way to be considered skillful in this game goes along with the style of honor and fighting that this type of game can create.

If you can walk into 1v1 duel mode and win all day without shoving people off ledges then yes you are skilled at the game. If not then you are good at Dominion, but not necessarily skilled at the game.

Drazard_TCR
02-23-2017, 02:45 AM
See this guy gets it.

You can play however you want no one is saying you can't (Well I'm not) but you can't play like that and then come to the forums and say "man I can 2v1 and throw people off ledges all day with the best of them I am so good at this game"

Because you aren't.

You are good at fighting when you have the advantage of numbers which you SHOULD be good at and you are good at pressing a single button and shoving a player in a direction.

In order to be SKILLED at a game like this you need a bit more than ganging up on people and shoving people. You can WIN all day long, but WINNING has nothing to do with SKILL. It just so happens that the way to be considered skillful in this game goes along with the style of honor and fighting that this type of game can create.

If you can walk into 1v1 duel mode and win all day without shoving people off ledges then yes you are skilled at the game. If not then you are good at Dominion, but not necessarily skilled at the game.

Two issues with this statement.

If you can WIN all day long, in dominion by ganking, 2v1, 3v1 fights. consistently then your team is actually considerably more skilled at the games mechanics. dominion is all about taking objectives and holding them. if a team can hold objectives and also dominate the opposing sides players by ganking them this demonstrates a higher level of teamwork, map knowledge, synergy, grouping, time management to keep bases capped, communication, coordination. if you can WIN dominion gamemodes all day long then i completely disagree with you your team is HIGHLY SKILLED at this game.

if you can walk into a 1v1 duel mode and win all day well this is a no-brainer despite the win conditions a win is a win. if you cant get it into your head that standing next to a spike pit, or a fire, or on the edge of a cliff is probably a bad idea.. If you cannot fathom that perhaps running onto this rickety bridge where i can be pushed off at a moments notice and fall to my death from either players letting off a slight sneeze. then you know what? maybe you arent as good as you think you are.

this games skill isnt about blocking attacks and mindlessly swinging in random directions.. guard breaking, throws, parrys are all essential game mechanics that if you dont learn, and if someone can perform better than you. you will lose. the more skilled opponent will win.

god you people get a grip on yourselves. if you were in a fight that was life or death would you accept dying because your worried about what other people thought? idiots.

SnueGliffer
02-23-2017, 02:53 AM
Two issues with this statement.

If you can WIN all day long, in dominion by ganking, 2v1, 3v1 fights. consistently then your team is actually considerably more skilled at the games mechanics. dominion is all about taking objectives and holding them. if a team can hold objectives and also dominate the opposing sides players by ganking them this demonstrates a higher level of teamwork, map knowledge, synergy, grouping, time management to keep bases capped, communication, coordination. if you can WIN dominion gamemodes all day long then i completely disagree with you your team is HIGHLY SKILLED at this game.

if you can walk into a 1v1 duel mode and win all day well this is a no-brainer despite the win conditions a win is a win. if you cant get it into your head that standing next to a spike pit, or a fire, or on the edge of a cliff is probably a bad idea.. If you cannot fathom that perhaps running onto this rickety bridge where i can be pushed off at a moments notice and fall to my death from either players letting off a slight sneeze. then you know what? maybe you arent as good as you think you are.

this games skill isnt about blocking attacks and mindlessly swinging in random directions.. guard breaking, throws, parrys are all essential game mechanics that if you dont learn, and if someone can perform better than you. you will lose. the more skilled opponent will win.

god you people get a grip on yourselves. if you were in a fight that was life or death would you accept dying because your worried about what other people thought? idiots.

This guy gets it, being good at domnion and being good at duels are two seperate things. Domnion and Deathmatch require good teamwork and communication to come out on top whereas duels are down to your knowledge of the fighting system. If a team doesn't work together and can't synergise then it's a lack of skill on your teams behalf. Taking advantage of your environment is just common sense when playing in 4v4, you have a team to assist so why wouldn't you look for the quickest way to dispatch your opponent? If my opponent cannot guard break reliably or isn't paying attention to their positioning then again, it's a lack of skill on their behalf.

Skill comes in many different ways, it's not just a case of knowing the fighting system. Same with any other game, in an FPS it's not enough to know how to aim, you need to be good at other aspects too.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 02:53 AM
See this guy gets it.

Because you aren't.

And you are only apparently good at fighting on even playing fields, when you dont have to worry about situational and enviromental awareness. I have never calimed to be great at this game. I would consider myself decent. I play as a Raider, which probably puts me at a disadvatage, but I enjoy playing as him. But what I am good at, is tactics. Its an essential part to 4v4 modes.

He is acting like he is superior, he is acting self-important. That is literally the definition of being pompous. And here is something I don't understand. You people who are obsessed with honor speak out of both sides of your mouth. You will claim you can't play 4v4 without being ganked and say the community is toxic, but then turn around and say you are in the majority. Which is it? Are you the majority or not? Because if it is such a problem that you have to whine about it constantly, then clearly you aren't a majority. I will do a 1v1 duel in elimination. I almost always try to fight the person I spawn near first. But I will change that tactic if I have to. If you guys can't handle the tactical side of the 4v4 modes, then that is on you. I try to getting involved in more than a 2v1. 3v1 and 4v1 just turn into a **** show. But I am not gonna sit here and whine because people aren't abiding by arbitrary rules that I came up with. Learn how to handle fighting multiple people at once. I have been able to win 1v3's and 1v2's. If someone like me, who you "honorable people" clearly see as having inferior skills can handle it, surely you can. But that is just more of your hypocrisy. Claim to be more skilled, but can't handle being outnumbered.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 02:58 AM
And you are only apparently good at fighting on even playing fields, when you dont have to worry about situational and enviromental awareness. I have never calimed to be great at this game. I would consider myself decent. I play as a Raider, which probably puts me at a disadvatage, but I enjoy playing as him. But what I am good at, is tactics. Its an essential part to 4v4 modes.

Um.....of course I prefer fighting on even playing fields.

No one goes into a competitive game and says "Golly gee I can't wait for three dudes to pin me in a corner and shove things in various places on my body. BUT HEY AT LEAST I CAN TRY TO FIGHT BACK RIGHT?!!?!?!?"

He is acting like he is superior, he is acting self-important. That is literally the definition of being pompous. And here is something I don't understand. You people who are obsessed with honor speak out of both sides of your mouth. You will claim you can't play 4v4 without being ganked and say the community is toxic, but then turn around and say you are in the majority. Which is it? Are you the majority or not? Because if it is such a problem that you have to whine about it constantly, then clearly you aren't a majority. I will do a 1v1 duel in elimination. I almost always try to fight the person I spawn near first. But I will change that tactic if I have to. If you guys can't handle the tactical side of the 4v4 modes, then that is on you. I try to getting involved in more than a 2v1. 3v1 and 4v1 just turn into a **** show. But I am not gonna sit here and whine because people aren't abiding by arbitrary rules that I came up with. Learn how to handle fighting multiple people at once. I have been able to win 1v3's and 1v2's. If someone like me, who you "honorable people" clearly see as having inferior skills can handle it, surely you can. But that is just more of your hypocrisy. Claim to be more skilled, but can't handle being outnumbered.

I am not whining. I have not whined once. You are just making crap up now.

I have literally TOLD you to play however you want lol

If you can walk into 1v1 duel mode and do well you are good at this game in my view. If the only time you do well in this game is when you are ganging up on players and shoving people off ledges then you by definition have less skill at the game from a mechanics standpoint.

Thats just facts man. I'm sorry that upsets you.

I have no issue fighting 1 v 2 or whatever the point I am making is that just because you gang up on people doesn't make you BETTER than those people. It means you can beat then when you outnumber them.

Good job you can win you clearly have the advantage in every way. You must be so proud lol

Meanhwhile us "Honorable" people prefer to beat people 1v1 so we can sit back say "Yes in a straight up fight I am better than that person" and if I can get a win that way even better. If I lose doing that then so be it. I take solace in the fact that I tried to be a better player.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 03:05 AM
Um.....of course I prefer fighting on even playing fields.

No one goes into a competitive game and says "Golly gee I can't wait for three dudes to pin me in a corner and shove things in various places on my body. BUT HEY AT LEAST I CAN TRY TO FIGHT BACK RIGHT?!!?!?!?"

I am not whining. I have not whined once. You are just making crap up now.

I have literally TOLD you to play however you want lol

If you can walk into 1v1 duel mode and do well you are good at this game in my view. If the only time you do well in this game is when you are ganging up on players and shoving people off ledges then you by definition have less skill at the game from a mechanics standpoint.

Thats just facts man. I'm sorry that upsets you.

I have no issue fighting 1 v 2 or whatever the point I am making is that just because you gang up on people doesn't make you BETTER than those people. It means you can beat then when you outnumber them.

Good job you can win you clearly have the advantage in every way. You must be so proud lol

Meanhwhile us "Honorable" people prefer to beat people 1v1 so we can sit back say "Yes in a straight up fight I am better than that person" and if I can get a win that way even better. If I lose doing that then so be it. I take solace in the fact that I tried to be a better player.

DOnt pretend to be good if you cant win a 1v2. You clearly said that you run from 1v2's, did you misspeak? Thats all I am saying. Or do you not like it when people make up abitrary rules on what being good is? Like I have said before, I try to avoid ganging up, and I like fighting 1v1, I am just sick of people like you acting all high and mighty, and whining, which you are very much doing.Im not pretending to be good because I can gang up on people. I almost nver use ledge kills either. I am just saying to take it down a notch, and if you are going to claim to be honorable, actually act honorable. An honorable perosn wouldnt insult others.

I relish in being ganged up on. Winning a 1v3 is vry rewarding

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 03:11 AM
DOnt pretend to be good if you cant win a 1v2. You clearly said that you run from 1v2's, did you misspeak? Thats all I am saying. Or do you not like it when people make up abitrary rules on what being good is? Like I have said before, I try to avoid ganging up, and I like fighting 1v1, I am just sick of people like you acting all high and mighty, and whining, which you are very much doing.Im not pretending to be good because I can gang up on people. I almost nver use ledge kills either. I am just saying to take it down a notch, and if you are going to claim to be honorable, actually act honorable. An honorable perosn wouldnt insult others.

You can be good at this game without choosing to fight in 1v2 situations lol I run because I like fair fights. I'm sorry if you don't like fair fights, but most people do.

I don't give 2 watery farts about the keyboard warriors on this site so of course I am not gonna be "Honorable" towards them. Most of them have sent me various PMs calling me everything from a scrublord to a "Goat ****er" (Not kidding) and most of them are trying to actively portray some of the BS tactics I am seeing as somehow skillful.

So no. They don't get respect from me. My opponents in the game? They get all of my respect until they show me they don't deserve it.

Drazard_TCR
02-23-2017, 03:15 AM
Actually ive gone into multiple 2v2 duels and asked my teammate to back off in the first round multiple times so that i can fight uneven odds so i can practice and get better at the game.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 03:21 AM
*Wall of Text*

I could not possibly disagree more

The more skilled people do not always win. If you won a match of elimination because you threw people off of a ledge or ganged up on people you aren't necessarily more skilled at the game. It just means you are better at taking advantage of the environment and better at ganging up on people.

If you can consistently beat other players in a 1v1 situation in an open area then you are more skillful at the game than someone who can't. Its that simple.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 03:32 AM
You really nailed it here, Tony.

I love your idea of making it easier to rundown someone fleeing a losing fight.

The thing to be careful of is making it way too easy to catch up with a wounded opponent. Running while wounded is needed DESPERATELY from time to time. ;)

SnueGliffer
02-23-2017, 03:33 AM

The more skilled people do not always win. If you won a match of elimination because you threw people off of a ledge or ganged up on people you aren't necessarily more skilled at the game. It just means you are better at taking advantage of the environment and better at ganging up on people.

If you can consistently beat other players in a 1v1 situation in an open area then you are more skillful at the game than someone who can't. Its that simple.

Taking advantage of the environment is a skill. If your opponent is not paying attention to their position or cannot guard break reliably then it is a lack of skill on their behalf. If they're playing a 4v4 and are unable to work together as a team then it's a lack of skill on their behalf. Skill doesn't just come down to who can parry better or who is better at mind games, it's not that simple. In a 4v4 game mode teamwork is important, it does not make you more skillfull to ignore this and inisist on 1v1s. The game modes require different styles of play, they each require different skill sets.

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 03:34 AM

"The game" includes environment and handling gank situations. You can't just disregard those aspects in your definition of "skill" and expect it to work. Yes, the big part of the skill is in the ability to consistently win the 1v1, but it's not even close to being "more skillful". If you can consistently beat other players in 1v1 in an open area but die 90% of the times when an environmental hazard is involved, you're definitely not more skillful at the game.

Drazard_TCR
02-23-2017, 04:34 AM

The more skilled people do not always win. If you won a match of elimination because you threw people off of a ledge or ganged up on people you aren't necessarily more skilled at the game.t

If you win a match my throwing people off a ledge, the people you threw off a ledge are less skilled. they dont know how to counter guard break, they dont know not to stand near a ledge if they dont wanna get thrown off it.

I won a 2v1 fight not long ago, without revenge mode i blocked both attacks, GB into the first guy, threw him off a ledge, switched targets and threw the other noob off as well. now in a 2v1 this shouldn't happen, they both down right had no idea what the hell they were doing.
was it cheap? no.
was it hilarious to watch? yes.
did they mess up? definitely.

Above all else, could they have easily stopped me from doing this? most certainly. but they didnt, because i had more game knowledge.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 04:50 AM
If you win a match my throwing people off a ledge, the people you threw off a ledge are less skilled. they dont know how to counter guard break, they dont know not to stand near a ledge if they dont wanna get thrown off it.

I won a 2v1 fight not long ago, without revenge mode i blocked both attacks, GB into the first guy, threw him off a ledge, switched targets and threw the other noob off as well. now in a 2v1 this shouldn't happen, they both down right had no idea what the hell they were doing.
was it cheap? no.
was it hilarious to watch? yes.
did they mess up? definitely.

Above all else, could they have easily stopped me from doing this? most certainly. but they didnt, because i had more game knowledge.

As I have already said.

You are entitled to your opinion and viewpoint on the matter. I am entitled to mine.

Agree to disagree. You are beating a dead horse at this point.

Dylan_47
02-23-2017, 05:15 AM

You have autism. I like running away from autistic people like you, then coming back to slam my axe into the back of your egg-shaped dome with my team mates and watch you die. Stop making threads about how you get stomped. Stay dead you mutt.

TheCadian_
02-23-2017, 06:00 AM

I'm more than happy to leave a single combat if it means I gain the tactical advantage over my opponent, whether it is a need to recover my hit points or simply to use an environmental hazard to my advantage. To you it would appear to be cowardice... to me it's tactical superiority.

Maybe my enemy is dodging around quickly and away from my strikes and I am unable to get a combo started. I'll retreat to a narrow walk way or corridor where I can throw them into walls or off ledges.

Maybe I am low on hit points because an enemy is spamming guard breaks into free hits time and time again (Orochi and Peacekeepers). I'll retreat to an objective, buff, or use my sprinting push attack to force them into an environmental hazard.

I'm not going to willingly play by the rules my opponent dictates to me. If I want a duel I will play Duel, if I want two duels, two versus two, or two versus one combat I will play Brawl, and if I want an environment to test every aspect of combat then I choose one of the four versus four modes.

Athemith_Gaming
02-23-2017, 06:06 AM
I really like poeple hwo are saying "No honor in for honor"
It's so funny
Honor means also to lose silently and accept the defeat. If you lose, of course you won't let you be killed and think about the fact that YOU fighting 4 poeple at the same time is very honorable for YOU!
I made so many fights with 3 poeple trying to kill me and I won many of them so just learn your class, try to master it and you will be able to defeat anyone, even against 3 ennemies.
This game is very hard to master so take your time. you won't be a master just playing a game for 2 days. Many poeple play this game since closed beta. don't forget it ;)

Drazard_TCR
02-23-2017, 06:36 AM
As I have already said.

You are entitled to your opinion and viewpoint on the matter. I am entitled to mine.

Agree to disagree. You are beating a dead horse at this point.

losing a 1v1 from being knocked off a cliff is lack of experience and skill. its not an opinion its a fact..

Patoson
02-23-2017, 12:18 PM
But when GB can't be countered because of a miniscule movement press (W/A/S/D, NOT dodging), then good game.

Stanislav2233
02-23-2017, 12:24 PM
This "HONOR" idea will ruin the game.

GIVE THOSE WHO LOVE "HONOR DUELS" TOURNAMENT MODE SO THEY DON'T FEEL LONELY IN 1x1 MODE AND STOP RUINING THE GAME!!

1. If you want a duel -> go 1x1 mode.
2. Brawl and Elimination modes are named like that FOR REASON. These are team modes where the smartest and сunning win! These are not duels! If there will be only duels in all modes it will be BORING and people leave! Gameplay must be different to stay interesting for a long time!
3. If you say you have nothing to loose you are WRONG!
People LOVE when their team WINS! And being a BAD team member makes your team LOOSE and makes your teammates UNHAPPY.
4. Many people complain that DEFENSIVE gameplay is too strong! Devs gave you perfect solution for that!
What team usually wins? The one that stays together and go for objectives!

When you play 2x2 your goal is NOT to play defensive duels. but beat your opponent FAST and finish the rest opp 2vs1. Or they will do this against YOU! It's made to play offensive!

When you play 4x4 you goal is to play AS A TEAM! Beat your opponents fast to capture points (offensive gameplay)! Do NOT run after running off opponents - capture points! Stay alive and capture points! Play as a TEAM and OUTSMART your opponents!

5. Think about playing shooters, basketball, WoW Arena 2x2 or battleground or any other team game AS HONORABLE DUELS. That's ridiculous!

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Discretion is the better part of valor. I'll try and square up a 1v1 if possible. But I am a squishy Peacekeeper, and throwing my life away does nothing of use for my team.

So I have a set of criteria. If I am up against extra cheese abusive players, I'll re-position, or flee outright. If I am clearly outmatched, I will also attempt to displace until I can find some better ground, not necessarily to bait a gank, but because it's to my strengths to use my mobility.

Sometimes I come under attack from two or three at once. If I'm lucky, they aren't so smart and I'll get my revenge mode so I can kill off their assassins and work my way up.

Generally speaking, I can handle most 1v1's. Except those friggen Berserkers who stunlock you with every damn chained attack, or the bloody Kensei players who play like Orochi - which is ridiculous.

r0nalxd
02-23-2017, 12:36 PM
I myself noticed this as well, but running away as an assassin class is the smart way to go. Staying and dying honorably is just plain stupid. When your 1v1 ends and the opponent is routing, consider your 1v1 a win. In dominion you will defend/capture a zone or revive teammates, in skirmish/elimination/brawl you can revive teammates or grab some boosts.

Also instead of chasing an fleeing opponent (and backstabbing him actually, where is the honor in that?) you should group up with your own teammates to prevent being ganked. If you really want to finish of your opponent, choose a ranged feat. When I play Shugoki in anything but Duel where Xv1 is a possibility I equip the longbow to kill fleeing opponents. Of course this is character/class dependent, so you have to figure out if the classes you play have options for fleeing opponents, either in move set or feats.

However, your idea to consume stamina when sprinting is a legit suggestion. It's kinda weird that you can run indefinitely, yes I'm looking at you Assassin class that runs around points in Dominion :mad:. Of course if implemented the heavier characters can still run less than the lighter ones. That's just how it is.

I wish you good luck with your 1v1, but you should really consider a fleeing opponent a win.

For Honor and Glory!

r0nalxd

AKDagriZ
02-23-2017, 02:58 PM
in brawl mode . Even the BOT have no honor . If you give em an extra inch of free space they prefer to reach their teamate

Pope138
02-23-2017, 04:01 PM
The way I see it, if your opponent flees, then you won the fight. Anytime my opponent flees (during a 1v1) I just do a victory emote.

I myself have ran from a fight. Not to flee, but for better positioning or to take the fight to a captured zone for the heal advantage. And I completely understand fleeing when you're getting ganged up on.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 04:02 PM
Why don't guys like you just play duel. I don't understand it.
Just yesterday 3 guys of my team decided to fight the last enemy one after another instead of finishing the round. I killed two and he killed me while i was low. End of the story, enemy won and there is no reason you people play 4on4 when you don't play with your team.

Because some of us care more about combat skills rather than cheesy tactics to win.If your enemy was able to defeat all your teammates one after one,he deserved to win.

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Why don't guys like you just play duel. I don't understand it.
Just yesterday 3 guys of my team decided to fight the last enemy one after another instead of finishing the round. I killed two and he killed me while i was low. End of the story, enemy won and there is no reason you people play 4on4 when you don't play with your team.

Because playing to win is not the only viable strategy. You can also play to improve, or play to have fun etc. If they have fun playing 2v2s the way they want to play 2v2s, why not. There's no specific ruleset, so unless everyone agrees on one single playstyle, people will just keep themselves in mind. I've even seen brawls go tournament-style with only two players fighting at first, then the team that lost sends the remaining player and so on. It's totally up to players to choose the way they play their own game, and if that offends their teammates for some reason, well they should either specify what they want from a teammate from the start if it means so much, or grow a thicker skin towards their winrate. Or get a premade teammate who shares their concepts of rules in a specific gamemode.

KasharMashar
02-23-2017, 04:18 PM
:mad:

this game is a joke.

severs kick you everyday at least 10 times in a 2 hour period.

your in the middle of battle that you or your team is winning and you are getting your bounties done.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kicked. no reason.

network, internet fine.

For honor kicked you because......... we are **** suckers and want you to break your control several times

**** YOU

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Both above me. I gave a specific example of a eliminiation experience i had.

I was talking about brawls when I referred to 2v2s though. Elimination has something brawls don't, and it's snowballing. Feats, power-ups etc. Because of it, I don't think anyone should even remotely consider elimination a 1v1 format, same for dominion or skirmish (kinda sounds ridiculous even). At the start of the second round, it's possible that your enemy will have already unlocked 3 of their feats and obviously you shouldn't just look for a 1v1 battle etc. But as for brawls, I prefer them the honorable way. Respect both my teammate and my opponent's teammate to let them finish their fight without an interruption. I don't mind if the enemies don't share my values and wouldn't enforce it in any way though, and in some cases I'd easily switch to the "no-honor" way myself as a reaction.

dayLockey
02-23-2017, 04:43 PM
So much saltiness and the competitive ladder hasn't even been released yet. I have some very serious worries about this game.

While I'm not nearly as morally abrasive as the OP, I do agree with him that it is frustrating when people do not fight you fairly and choose to "play smart" (running away). I guess I'm just not the type of person who plays casual modes in videogames to "win at all costs" similar to how I never played ranked games solely for rating. It's about having fun to me and being cowardly, cheesy, dishonorable and toxic has never been much of an appeal.

There is a very distinctive difference in interest from one player to the next. While I don't get mad in this game when people jump me 1v2 while I'm fighting someone else, I also do not get angry at my teammates for doing the same. However, all these posters saying that people who do not fight with honor are actually skilled individuals is laughable at best. There is no intelligent play in fleeing and regrouping, that is simply survival instincts, there is a difference.

Intelligence, "playing smart" is outplaying your enemy either positionally, reactively or just outright mechanically. The whole "playing smart" bit only applies when you're actually fighting someone. It's funny to say "oh yeah I just ran away from that guy who clearly outplayed me, I'm smarter than him". It just sounds idiotic to be perfectly honest and a way for less experienced/skilled players to cope with their short-comings.

And also to those who are trying to rationalize that losing your fight, running away and "being smart" is better for your team. The reality is, people want players who can win their duels 1v1, even in a 4v4 setting. It means you are strong. The last thing I want on my team is some weakling but "smart player" who consistently is outplayed, low on health, running around trying to get buffs and revive people rather than play the game.

When competitive 4v4 or whatever format comes out, people aren't going to be looking for "smart players". Any single person with hands and eyes can identify when something is going wrong and simply run away if the time calls for it. There is virtually no intelligence needed to run from a fight and look to backstab someone else, lol.

NightBlade87
02-23-2017, 05:23 PM
I am a blunt person.

I don't really care about sugarcoating, going with the crowd or being liked. I am content with just being right.

Doesn't like to "sugarcoat" things. Proceeds to sugarcoat combat by creating a list of arbitrary "rules" for it. You see, the type of people who romanticize war are the same people who perpetuate it. Those are your "weeaboos" and "white knights". Then there are the people who see it for what it is and don't pussyfoot around it. There has never been true "honor" in warfare, it has never been pretty, or "polite". If you don't like war, don't engage in it in the first place. That would be the "honorable" thing to do. The game is what it is and so is combat. If the developers want to fix it, they will. So, don't hate the player, hate the game. But the idea of "honor" is a fantasy. One which has always been designed to manipulate and control loyalty to a particular seat of power, but never your seat. That's the kicker. "Chivalry" ,"Bushido" -- have never been how they are romanticized and portrayed to be.

"I am content with just being right." And there lies your problem. Your pride and arrogance doesn't allow you to think outside the box. And your "oath" -- however "noble" it may be, is what makes prime fuel for conflict.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0wa0W13yw <----- I'll just leave this here.

Along with this quote:
“You don't just have people who wake up in the morning and say, "What evil things can I do today, because I'm Mr. Evil?" People do things for what they think are justified reasons. Everybody is the hero of their own story, and you have to keep that in mind. If you read a lot of history, as I do, even the worst and most monstrous people thought they were the good guys. We're all very tangled knots.” - George R.R. Martin

TheLawbring3r
02-23-2017, 05:41 PM
So much saltiness and the competitive ladder hasn't even been released yet. I have some very serious worries about this game.

While I'm not nearly as morally abrasive as the OP, I do agree with him that it is frustrating when people do not fight you fairly and choose to "play smart" (running away). I guess I'm just not the type of person who plays casual modes in videogames to "win at all costs" similar to how I never played ranked games solely for rating. It's about having fun to me and being cowardly, cheesy, dishonorable and toxic has never been much of an appeal.

There is a very distinctive difference in interest from one player to the next. While I don't get mad in this game when people jump me 1v2 while I'm fighting someone else, I also do not get angry at my teammates for doing the same. However, all these posters saying that people who do not fight with honor are actually skilled individuals is laughable at best. There is no intelligent play in fleeing and regrouping, that is simply survival instincts, there is a difference.

Intelligence, "playing smart" is outplaying your enemy either positionally, reactively or just outright mechanically. The whole "playing smart" bit only applies when you're actually fighting someone. It's funny to say "oh yeah I just ran away from that guy who clearly outplayed me, I'm smarter than him". It just sounds idiotic to be perfectly honest and a way for less experienced/skilled players to cope with their short-comings.

And also to those who are trying to rationalize that losing your fight, running away and "being smart" is better for your team. The reality is, people want players who can win their duels 1v1, even in a 4v4 setting. It means you are strong. The last thing I want on my team is some weakling but "smart player" who consistently is outplayed, low on health, running around trying to get buffs and revive people rather than play the game.

When competitive 4v4 or whatever format comes out, people aren't going to be looking for "smart players". Any single person with hands and eyes can identify when something is going wrong and simply run away if the time calls for it. There is virtually no intelligence needed to run from a fight and look to backstab someone else, lol.

This absolutely smashed the nail on the head. I feel the same as you 100%. You, sir, deserve a box of Girl Scout cookies. What's your favorite?

NightBlade87
02-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Your confusing war with wargames. This is a game, it's not a war. There is a huge difference.

True. And the rules of that game, are the game itself. If the developers intended to have it played differently, they would have designed it that way. Or will make the necessary fixes. If not, it is what it is.

Agent Talon
02-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Play to win and that's all that matters. If people want to hinder themselves by only using what they consider honorable play styles feel free. However, players who want to win as much as possible will use whatever tactics lead to the victory the most often. I'm sure there will be a community of players who setup set rules just like in Dark Souls and then everyone should be happy.

Obviously this only includes intentional game play not cheating.

dayLockey
02-23-2017, 07:58 PM
This absolutely smashed the nail on the head. I feel the same as you 100%. You, sir, deserve a box of Girl Scout cookies. What's your favorite?

Samoas obviously :cool:

Okamire
02-23-2017, 08:39 PM
Well there are many types of people.

Some really enjoy winning, to them, fight with every advantage, fight dirty, backstab, cliff throwing, gang up and flee are all "smart" instead of cowardness. It's also true, because in real war, if you fight clean and do those honor thing, you probably won't live long enough to tell those stories.

Some enjoy honor itself, win or lose this is just a game, it is the spirit you carry with you after the match is finished, you know you fight clean, follows the warrior code and get a result, win or lose because of it. They gives their enemy a fair fight and also for themself, some of them are very skilled, as a result of that.

And some are hybrid, like me. I don't follow any rules, but if my opponent wait for me, then I wait for them, honor goes both ways. However if the enemy fight dirty, like use the environment A LOT, or BM after cheap kills or what so ever, I will throw them off cliff, use my bow, or just do unblockable back stab. Dishonor also goes both ways.

So yeah, the real honorable warriors are honorable because they walk their way, no matter what others do. If you are truly that honorable, you will wait for your enemy even if they gang you over and over, and win both honor and the match.

BlackbirdMPK
02-23-2017, 11:10 PM
OP, your a fu,ck.ing re.tard...

Ironic being called a ****** by someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're.

BlackbirdMPK
02-23-2017, 11:16 PM
You have autism. I like running away from autistic people like you, then coming back to slam my axe into the back of your egg-shaped dome with my team mates and watch you die. Stop making threads about how you get stomped. Stay dead you mutt.

Your autism is showing by not staying relevant to the topic. Next.

BlackbirdMPK
02-23-2017, 11:22 PM

Shhhhh. Too much logic. The people here will have aneurysm. In all seriousness though. Perfectly said. I can't even add to this.

Valtaya
02-23-2017, 11:57 PM

Aren't you a little jolly fun fella.

You are not realy expecting an assassin to play by some rule books of high knight templar, aren't you?

Honor for one person is not the same like honor for someone else. There was that Star Trek episode (can't remember if Next Generation or DS9), but Worf (Klingon and everyone knows how "honorable" they are) explains some dirty tactics the Klingons use... he is asked "Well that is not very honorable." To which Worf replies "In war there is only one thing honorable: victory." Sure this is not RL war, but a game based on war and everything goes. Basicaly what you say, what I mentioned in another thread already: imagine you are the quarterback of a football team, you get the ball... now, what you want is: only the quarterback of the opposing team is allowed to go after you to stop you, everyone else have just to watch. Ehhhh... hehehe, serious? They are all going after you, no matter if you like it or not, that are the rules. And in an 4on4 match of For Honor, you can pretty much expect 4on1 at some point (I can not remember EVER anyone in DOTA or LoL complaining about the lack of honor.... hmmmmm).

Then... with what I have seen sofar in this game... can we realy talk about cowards? I have seen wardens onehit kill a raider at 100% life, I have seen lawbringers charge and push someone else half across the map towards the next ledge/pit... I have seen heavies run and swing faster then peacekeepers. And then this lag... for a reaction based game peer-to-peer is the most stupid thing Ubisoft could actualy do. I have games, actualy most of them, even vs ai, I have lag of 500+ ms... quite funny when you press a button (dodge) and nothing happens for the next half second... or move the mouse to change guard stance and nothing happens again. Nah, I am not up for duels... I play an assassin and if I can sneak behind you and stab you in your back, I will do it, thats why the class is called "assassin"... if I would like to play by your high morale rules, I would play a knight templar.

Live with it, play only duels... but the second you go into an 2on2 or 4on4 you are doomed.

People crying about "no honor" in For Honor are more annoying then someome who tells me "f*** noob". And if you think I am a coward, go ahead, be my guest, your honorable knightly opinion is just that, your opinion.

MisterCynic18
02-24-2017, 12:03 AM
The issue I have is that revives force you to either guard corpses or risk enemies coming back to mob you. It's not fun to stand over a body "just in case" while your allies are actually fighting, but with all the players *cough*peacekeepers*cough* dashing around playing the revival game you're stuck with that crappy choice if you want to secure winning. Winning should not be unfun, yet there it is

MisterCynic18
02-24-2017, 12:08 AM
I don't know what you're referring to with a third. I've never been in a 4v4 where people fought one at a time.

I have a couple of times. It's odd; people just line up and wait for their turn to fight the victor, like a tournament or something. Now if only there actually was a tournament mode...

MisterCynic18
02-24-2017, 12:13 AM

AI does exactly that though. They'll immediately run off to gank another guy at the start of a match if you don't stop them. Sometimes they'll do that or run off to get a powerup if they're losing a fight. Whatever the "intent" is, the machines only care about victory

BlackbirdMPK
02-24-2017, 12:15 AM
AI does exactly that though. They'll immediately run off to gank another guy at the start of a match if you don't stop them. Sometimes they'll do that or run off to get a powerup if they're losing a fight. Whatever the "intent" is, the machines only care about victory

That's a complete and utter lie. The AI I have fought have 100% of the time squared up and fought until death.

Valtaya
02-24-2017, 12:16 AM

That is a realy fancy way to say "noob".

Valtaya
02-24-2017, 12:19 AM
That's a complete and utter lie. The AI I have fought have 100% of the time squared up and fought until death.

Depends, lvl0 do that, and lvl 1 like 50% of the time. But I have seen bots that do exactlay whas was said... they back off from the first fight to get buffs, or in the mid of a fight, or just to gank another player if you are not fast enough to stop... and usualy it only takes one hit to decide a fight.

SiewcaRaka
02-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Depends, lvl0 do that, and lvl 1 like 50% of the time. But I have seen bots that do exactlay whas was said... they back off from the first fight to get buffs, or in the mid of a fight, or just to gank another player if you are not fast enough to stop... and usualy it only takes one hit to decide a fight.

On map that is viking village they run off almost immediately to gank someone thats i actually quite funny :D I was expecting bot charging me and what not and he just...sort of packed up and left. I was staring at it and laughing. And then i killed him but it was quite good laugh :D

AkimuMC
02-24-2017, 01:10 AM

I have witnessed AI immediately turn and run at the start of a round to gank.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
02-24-2017, 06:31 PM
So youre basically saying you're not trying to get better at the game ,if you don't try to 1v1 people better then you, youll stay trash forever and have to rely on those bs tactics to win.If you run youre garbage take your defeat like a man and try to win the fight.......coward lol

If you refine team tactics, then, you may not be good alone, but unstoppable as a team

xXl Plan B lXx
02-24-2017, 06:33 PM
You must not play a lot of AI games then, because I see this often when I'm playing with my friends. I'm yelling on the microphone, he's coming at you now I can't get to him, go defensive. I'm chasing him down.