PDA

View Full Version : Controller remapping

Einherjar25
02-21-2017, 01:07 AM
Does anyobody knows if they plan on letting the player remap controller button? I don't know if there is anybody else like me out there but let's just say it's not rare I accidently push R3 in while trying to block in all direction. This cause me to unwillingly switch target and is just a pain in the ***! I just want to disable it.

edit* I already tried disabling it with a third party program and it's not working.

neogeo___
02-21-2017, 01:33 AM
R3 switches between targets?

Mind blown! Ty!

Alamil
02-21-2017, 02:43 AM
Can you use steam pictures if you are on pc

Haryel
02-21-2017, 02:52 AM
Been there buddy, some of the keybindings for the controller is just not optimal. Try reading this post on reddit and see if it helps ya: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5qi3e2/pc_want_to_rebind_your_controller/

Remember, if you're only using uplay you need to add the parameter "noxinput" in the uplay launcher or if you're using steam go to properties in for honor and add the command there.

UWS.Wolfe
02-21-2017, 02:52 AM
I've got a controller that I can't use, because other than the fact that I've been a PC gamer for years longer than a console gamer, the controls are not at all what I would prefer. I personally hate that your attacks are RB and RT, instead of LT and RT. If I could make LT and RT my attacks, I'd have a much better time.

Haryel
02-21-2017, 02:55 AM
Check the link I posted, you can remap the controller buttons in any way you choose. Ubi didnt gave us an easy option for that but hey...its something.

Einherjar25
02-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Been there buddy, some of the keybindings for the controller is just not optimal. Try reading this post on reddit and see if it helps ya: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5qi3e2/pc_want_to_rebind_your_controller/

Remember, if you're only using uplay you need to add the parameter "noxinput" in the uplay launcher or if you're using steam go to properties in for honor and add the command there.

Ok thx for the help. I am going to try this later on.

UWS.Wolfe
02-21-2017, 07:28 AM
IT's a lot of work, and causes me more trouble than it's worth. Forces you to navigate menus with the controller, while also having your buttons be off , so instead of, for instance, pressing a to join a game, I gotta press right button to join the game, because of my keymapping change.

Einherjar25
02-21-2017, 03:05 PM
IT's a lot of work, and causes me more trouble than it's worth. Forces you to navigate menus with the controller, while also having your buttons be off , so instead of, for instance, pressing a to join a game, I gotta press right button to join the game, because of my keymapping change.

I have the same problem, I only switched 2 buttons but now it also siwtched them in the menus. Now I can't check my orders :P

Einherjar25
02-21-2017, 04:48 PM
...and to start with, what kind of company doesn't include a controller remapping option? I have never seen this. Also, you can remap keyboard but not controller :confused:

Knight_Gregor
02-21-2017, 09:34 PM
I know it's not exactly what you're asking for and this may not help, but if you change the gamepad guard lock toggle to off in options then R3 won't change targets anymore. You'll change targets by releasing the left trigger and holding it again. Hope this helps.

Alamil
02-21-2017, 10:02 PM

Why exactly?

Einherjar25
02-22-2017, 12:31 AM
I know it's not exactly what you're asking for and this may not help, but if you change the gamepad guard lock toggle to off in options then R3 won't change targets anymore. You'll change targets by releasing the left trigger and holding it again. Hope this helps.

That's not how I want it configure but I'll try it out of desperation. This is literally ruining my gameplay. I can't be this gentle guy on the controller, it just doesn't work for me. If you knew how many times I ****ed up because of the R3 button you would probably start crying (lol). I give this a try but I still hold it againt Ubisoft for not including a controller remapping in a fighting game. It's unacceptable really... Every fighting game I have ever played, I have always readjusted the button, Street Fighter 2 being the first one! ;)

Astranger023
02-22-2017, 12:46 AM
On pc you can remap your controller, you just need to do it manually in legacygamepads.ini open it with notepad and you can remap the buttons. Although i wouldn't recommend it and if you do make a copy of the file and save it somewhere else so you can always revert to default.

Einherjar25
02-22-2017, 05:46 PM
On pc you can remap your controller, you just need to do it manually in legacygamepads.ini open it with notepad and you can remap the buttons. Although i wouldn't recommend it and if you do make a copy of the file and save it somewhere else so you can always revert to default.

I had already tried this but since the buttons are also switching in the menus it was freakin confusing. I have found a workaround. I simply switched my R3 for my L1bump button. L1 bump is the function where you HOLD the L1. This is not use in the menus and only serves to quickchat ingame. Finally, problem solved. The only thing I can't do now is quickly say THANK YOU! :rolleyes: