PDA

View Full Version : Offensive emblem penalty

Tackalak117
02-21-2017, 12:58 AM
So what is the penalty for having an offensive emblem?

DrExtrem
02-21-2017, 01:06 AM
Being a life-long db ...

Otherwise, I hope they get a nice little week time to rethink their life.

Zeolite XIII
02-21-2017, 01:20 AM
I was told in another thread that specifically for "nazi flag" emblems that when they are reported microsoft issues a console ban. If they aren't on xbox though your guess is as good as mine.

DrExtrem
02-21-2017, 01:32 AM
I was told in another thread that specifically for "nazi flag" emblems that when they are reported microsoft issues a console ban. If they aren't on xbox though your guess is as good as mine.

I celebrate this kind of action.

Sugaroverdose
02-21-2017, 01:34 AM
I was told in another thread that specifically for "nazi flag" emblems that when they are reported microsoft issues a console ban. If they aren't on xbox though your guess is as good as mine.You mean fyifot? It's not nazi flag, it's one of the most common signs of ancient civilisations all over the world and did actually appear a lot in times of knights -_-

Zeolite XIII
02-21-2017, 01:43 AM
You mean fyifot? It's not nazi flag, it's one of the most common signs of ancient civilisations all over the world and did actually appear a lot in times of knights -_-

You can parse it however you want but if you put a replica black swastika in a white circle on a red background microsoft will console ban you and you now have a 500$ brick.

BazajayteeUSA
02-21-2017, 03:29 AM
A report on Xbox Live means they'll get punished soon enough.
I haven't seen any offensive emblems yet but I can believe they definitely happen.

Sugaroverdose
02-21-2017, 02:45 PM
You can parse it however you want but if you put a replica black swastika in a white circle on a red background microsoft will console ban you and you now have a 500$ brick.I'm PS4 user, good that japanese don't have anything against history

PS: i don't run fylfot, but this is just stupid how US people react on something which they actually didn't meet in comparison to any country on Eurasia or Africa.

Zeolite XIII
02-21-2017, 10:42 PM
I'm PS4 user, good that japanese don't have anything against history

PS: i don't run fylfot, but this is just stupid how US people react on something which they actually didn't meet in comparison to any country on Eurasia or Africa.

IF you do some research you would realise that the flag isn't banned in America, it's banned in parts of Europe. Since Microsoft is transnational they decided to have one policy to cover the world. So while you can blame america with whatever reason you want the fact is that the policy is in place because of people having reactions THAT HAVE ACTUALLY MET SAID OBJECT in their recent history. Anyone who flies that flag for any reason is scum and you know i'm talking about the specific nazi flag not ancient symbols.

See it, report it, laugh at the trolls new brick.

cragar212
02-21-2017, 10:51 PM
Lol idiots you dont get perma banned by microsoft for making a swastika symbol. You are just idiots repeating something another idiot made up. Also about the brick thing if yiu ever got perma banned for something real you can just make a new accout ... idiot

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Lol idiots you dont get perma banned by microsoft for making a swastika symbol. You are just idiots repeating something another idiot made up. Also about the brick thing if yiu ever got perma banned for something real you can just make a new accout ... idiot

It's called a console ban for a reason..

Eli_Mosley
02-21-2017, 11:07 PM
I celebrate this kind of action.

Yea because god forbid people have a symbol that you don't like or have a different political belief or heritage they are proud of. I'm sure you wouldn't care about a communist symbol or Islamic one, and they killed far more than the nazis did.

I'm still curious though what the deal is with this on PC.

cragar212
02-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Lol console bans are for modded consoles not behaviour

DrExtrem
02-22-2017, 12:05 AM
Yea because god forbid people have a symbol that you don't like or have a different political belief or heritage they are proud of. I'm sure you wouldn't care about a communist symbol or Islamic one, and they killed far more than the nazis did.

I'm still curious though what the deal is with this on PC.

Your modded forum avatar speaks volumes. A modified SS-skull?

I never thought, that there was a contest running, which sick idiology or religion killed the most and I don't care. Nazis were scum and neo-right/neo-nazis are scum. Period.

JAVortex
02-22-2017, 12:22 AM
Your modded forum avatar speaks volumes. A modified SS-skull?

I never thought, that there was a contest running, which sick idiology or religion killed the most and I don't care. Nazis were scum and neo-right/neo-nazis are scum. Period.

I think the fact is that it is not a nazi symbol.... people go bat **** crazy about it as soon as they see it, which quite honestly pathetic. The symbol is a old multi region Pagan, Hindu & Slavic symbol, just because some **** used it in ww2 should not bar it from use or the history of its use.

DrExtrem
02-22-2017, 12:28 AM
I think the fact is that it is not a nazi symbol.... people go bat **** crazy about it as soon as they see it, which quite honestly pathetic. The symbol is a old multi region Pagan, Hindu & Slavic symbol, just because some **** used it in ww2 should not bar it from use or the history of its use.

It is tainted. Just like a lot of German words.

It does not matter for what it used to stand. I know, that it is an old symbol and that it means "luck". But it also stands for everything, that went wrong in germany, for mass murder and the some of the worst kind of people, who ever lived.

JAVortex
02-22-2017, 12:37 AM

It does not matter for what it used to stand. I know, that it is an old symbol and that it means "luck". But it also stands for everything, that went wrong in germany, for mass murder and the some of the worst kind of people, who ever lived.

If the symbol is of a red back ground, I agree at that point it is indeed offensive if your easily hurt..... The fact you still insist that it should never be used again because of one group of people though, is and I will be nice silly. Get over it.

Astranger.
02-22-2017, 12:37 AM
It's funny how people try to defend it and how it meant luck and all that jazz. While we all know the people that use it are ******s trying to provoke people, so get your head out of your ***. It's the same reason why you can't have a ***** symbol even if you are a member LGBT and really like em. No point argueing about it.

teksuo1
02-22-2017, 12:39 AM
who's the judge of what's offensive or not anyways? Pretty sure different people get offended by different things.

what if i make a Christmas tree emblem? That's probably offensive to someone somewhere...

i mean swastikas are pretty obviously over the line, but where exactly is that line? who decides? How many reports does it take? is it triggered by a #of reports automatically or is it reviewed?
questionable imo.

JAVortex
02-22-2017, 12:52 AM

Many words in English are also the same, but on your policy you could ban the use of everything.

I use the British cross, would you ban me for use of that due to slavery in the distant past or the war crimes in the distant past? If so you can get most symbols banned ASAP.

While we are at it lets go through a list.

1. All of the Viking symbols due to their mass slavery and killing, rape of Christians & multiple other races and relgions. (Nearly all in use before)
2. Knight symbols due to mass killing of the Muslims, mass genocide on many fronts not just against Muslims. (Nearly all in use before)
3. Samurai I do not know much about this one but I have seen the rising sun which basicly covers ww2 and the mass killing & rape of Chinese & Koreans during that time peroid.

Anyway again get over it, history is that for a reason adapt...