PDA

View Full Version : Dodging is Stupid and Broken

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:06 AM
There's no reason why dodging should have invincible frames. I can swing to the left or right with any character and if they dodge even in the opposite direction I am swinging, the character doesn't get hit. I know it's not just me "missing" the attack as this happens all the time at point blank range. A character can just sidestep right into my weapon's hitbox and it's a complete miss.

Dodging shouldn't be a "you can't hit me" button. You should be able to dodge backwards against horizontal attacks or dodge in the same direction of the swing to be rewarded, not just press a button and have an attack whiff. It's highly advantageous for characters who can attack during a dodge, and completely unbalanced for slower characters. Even the Valkyrie's trip can just be sidestepped even if the shield bash confirms. This make it completely useless. Swinging for the fences as a Raider? Just dodge forward right into his face for a free hit.

Please address and fix this issue.

T_Djinn_T
02-21-2017, 12:08 AM
There's no reason why dodging should have invincible frames. I can swing to the left or right with any character and if they dodge even in the opposite direction I am swinging, the character doesn't get hit. I know it's not just me "missing" the attack as this happens all the time at point blank range. A character can just sidestep right into my weapon's hitbox and it's a complete miss.

Dodging shouldn't be a "you can't hit me" button. You should be able to dodge backwards against horizontal attacks or dodge in the same direction of the swing to be rewarded, not just press a button and have an attack whiff. It's highly advantageous for characters who can attack during a dodge, and completely unbalanced for slower characters. Even the Valkyrie's trip can just be sidestepped even if the shield bash confirms. This make it completely useless. Swinging for the fences as a Raider? Just dodge forward right into his face for a free hit.

Please address and fix this issue.

All you're doing here is crying with no suggestion or reason.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1582244-How-to-fix-the-current-issue-with-dodge

Go there as we already have a thread for this.

Please flag post for Toxicity and Duplicate.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:14 AM
All you're doing here is crying with no suggestion or reason.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1582244-How-to-fix-the-current-issue-with-dodge

Go there as we already have a thread for this.

Are you ******ed? Who cares if we have a thread for this I'm posting this here, seeing as I'm free to do so. My suggestion and reason are already in the post, moron. No one is "crying' about anything, I'm bringing up an issue about broken game mechanics so why don't you bug off unless you have something meaningful to say, jack@$$

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 12:18 AM
Are you ******ed? Who cares if we have a thread for this I'm posting this here, seeing as I'm free to do so. My suggestion and reason are already in the post, moron. No one is "crying' about anything, I'm bringing up an issue about broken game mechanics so why don't you bug off unless you have something meaningful to say, jack@$$

We'll see when it gets closed down because honestly your attitude is quite poor considering we are talking about a game.

neogeo___
02-21-2017, 12:22 AM
Dodging seems fine for every class but assassins.

Every class besides them has a very precise and strict timing to successfully perform a timed dodge, which even has a distinct and noticeable animation.

Assassins that, at least for me logic states, should have the highest timing requirements for their move set and kit, can just dodge out of timing and be successful. This seems unfair for me tbh.

Doesn't translate to a very good risk/reward ratio and has an overwhelming range and 0 stamina cost considering it's usefulness.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 12:25 AM
There are i-frames in this game? I'm fairly certain there are not. If there were, I could dodge TOWARDS the attack and not be hit, which we all know is not the case.

I'm very certain there are no i-frames in this game. Then again, i'm using the term i-frames as it would be used in a game like DArk Souls. Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you mean by i-frames.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:26 AM
We'll see when it gets closed down because honestly your attitude is quite poor considering we are talking about a game.

My attitude is poor? Let me tell you what a post attitude is, coming on someone's post and saying they're "crying" about a legit issue. THAT'S poor and I responded in kind. They won't close this thread down because another thread on the issue exists. That's not how forums work.

T_Djinn_T
02-21-2017, 12:29 AM
My attitude is poor? Let me tell you what a post attitude is, coming on someone's post and saying they're "crying" about a legit issue. THAT'S poor and I responded in kind. They won't close this thread down because another thread on the issue exists. That's not how forums work.

Duplicate thread. Where you thread has no merit. All you did was cry and demand a fix. When it was pointed out to you that there is another thread with actual opinions and suggestions you replied by saying "Wah GFY Wah my thread Wah mommy I need my blanky" Their is a good possibility your thread gets closed not only for duplicate thread but for pure toxicity.

You made your account today just to rage on the forums. That's not what they're for.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Duplicate thread. Where you thread has no merit. All you did was cry and demand a fix. When it was pointed out to you that there is another thread with actual opinions and suggestions you replied by saying "Wah GFY Wah my thread Wah mommy I need my blanky" Their is a good possibility your thread gets closed not only for duplicate thread but for pure toxicity.

You made your account today just to rage on the forums. That's not what they're for.

I made my account to discuss things on the forums just like you. Posting a complaint (like many many other people do) isn't "raging." Please educate yourself.

Btw, all you had to say was "there's another thread discussing this, please post here" and I would've been like "no problem." You wanna talk sh!t and then cry when someone else does it back to you.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:38 AM
holy heck... blackbird here is aggro as ****. no doubt he JUST came here off of a brutal loss and rage-posted this topic.

blackbird, let me explain how game forums work. you want to post on an existing thread because the more comments/views it has, the more likely Ubi is to see it and do something about it. now i get the you have salt in your eyes (and also your vag it seems) but after you wash it out, i'm sure you'll be able to come back here and act like a rational adult instead of tossing around insults like the child we all now believe you to be.

When did humans develop psychic powers? FYI I haven't played at all today because I'm at work. I don't have losing streaks with a 77% KDR, so maybe take your lame jokes elsewhere. Please don't be a psychologist because you would be terrible at it.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:40 AM
There are i-frames in this game? I'm fairly certain there are not. If there were, I could dodge TOWARDS the attack and not be hit, which we all know is not the case.

I'm very certain there are no i-frames in this game. Then again, i'm using the term i-frames as it would be used in a game like DArk Souls. Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you mean by i-frames.

Yes There are. I've experienced it. As in, you can dodge at moment x and no matter where your hitbox is or the opponents weapon hitbox is, the attack will whiff.

insta.Nefer
02-21-2017, 12:53 AM
ubisoft forums. you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:57 AM
you're lying about your kdr champ, and not a damn person on these boards will believe otherwise. you're raging too hard for anything else to make sense.

stay salty kiddo.

Again with the clairvoyance. I have no reason to lie. No thanks with the salt. I'm good. Only salty one here seems to be the people complaining about... what? You're crying about me making a post on a legitimate issue. Btw that other post has over 850 views and 22 replies. I'm sure ubisoft is trampling over itself to repsond to such a prestigious post with "more comments."

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 12:58 AM
ubisoft forums. you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Overwatch forums.

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 12:59 AM
Again with the clairvoyance. I have no reason to lie. No thanks with the salt. I'm good. Only salty one here seems to be the people complaining about... what? You're crying about me making a post on a legitimate issue. Btw that other post has over 850 views and 22 replies. I'm sure ubisoft is trampling over itself to repsond to such a prestigious post with "more comments."

What is your KDR, because you said 77% KDR and now I am actually curious.

Altair_Snake
02-21-2017, 01:07 AM

Unfortunately there are. Actually dodging towards the attack is the more precise way to do it. It surprised me big time. However, it doesn't look very "ghostly". It usually looks like going under the strike.

However, the actual problem with the i-frames is when characters have no space to dodge and still don't get hit when the strike goes right through them. This tends to happen when the character is trapped in a corner. But this is also pretty rare. Also some assassins' dodges on some set ups work in very weird ways. They dodge away (which is actually the bad direction), the strike clearly tracks them but still doesn't hit them. It seems to happen more in the case of dodging attacks. It's as if they grant i-frames more than the dodges themselves. And I'm also pretty sure the roll can i-frame the Shugoki's demon sprint thingy.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 01:10 AM
What is your KDR, because you said 77% KDR and now I am actually curious.

9.1 Objective modes PvP
1.8 Duel modes PvP

Special4ces Dom
02-21-2017, 01:15 AM
It does get pretty annoying when assassin's spam dodge without a care in the world and insta-dodge my every attack for a counter.

BlackbirdMPK
02-21-2017, 01:17 AM
Unfortunately there are. Actually dodging towards the attack is the more precise way to do it. It surprised me big time. However, it doesn't look very "ghostly". It usually looks like going under the strike.

However, the actual problem with the i-frames is when characters have no space to dodge and still don't get hit when the strike goes right through them. This tends to happen when the character is trapped in a corner. But this is also pretty rare. Also some assassins' dodges on some set ups work in very weird ways. They dodge away (which is actually the bad direction), the strike clearly tracks them but still doesn't hit them. It seems to happen more in the case of dodging attacks. It's as if they grant i-frames more than the dodges themselves. And I'm also pretty sure the roll can i-frame the Shugoki's demon sprint thingy.

Wow someone who actually contributed to the post instead of complaining about complaining.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Yes There are. I've experienced it. As in, you can dodge at moment x and no matter where your hitbox is or the opponents weapon hitbox is, the attack will whiff.

Have any video evidence of this?

Munktor
02-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Wow someone who actually contributed to the post instead of complaining about complaining.

I'd like to see some video evidence of this issue. When I see dodging occur, I never see a person against go THROUGH an attack (except for deflect ability with assassin type). I even tried testing this a bit in 1v1 with a friend last night and we couldn't replicate a dodge going THROUGH an attack, or any proof of i-frames.

I'm willing to believe it occurs, but if it's as commonplace as you make it seem, surely you could provide one video of it.

Obdach01
02-21-2017, 03:48 PM

I get the point and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually had some issue in the programming, BUT... when i am cornered and i try to dodge, i almost everytime get hit, unless i dodge into an arae, that allows me to get out of the corner. two people, two different experiences. However, should that be true, it needs to be fixed, but dodging in general does not need a fix... it's sometime the only way to avoid certain death by some very powerful toons.

And as for the discussion and insults traded because of a double thread... to OP... all you need to understand is not that someone insulted you in any manner or not, but the fact, that the more is written on a post, the more likely it is that the devs will see and read it. creating multiple posts about the same problem, will result in fewer comments on each post, which ultimately will result in the devs never seeing it which again will result in players thinking the devs are not listening, because the issue has been discussed on 200 threads... see... there is the problem... it has bee discussed by 20 people on 200 threads. if all 4000 people would've discussed it on one single thread, the devs would've seen it and probabaly reacted, leaving no players to think, that the devs are not listening.

Instead of trading insults, try to be productive for the whole community, by using an already existing post. You won't get much advise with an attitude like this, so heed them wisely and take them as help, not insults. you do want to help the community, don't you?