PDA

View Full Version : Throws Should be Techable, NOT Guardbreaks

JayyRupp
02-20-2017, 11:21 PM
The Guardbreak itself SHOULD be a guaranteed punishment for a defender's poor spacing, not a 2nd chance for a turtling player to correct their mistake. GUARDBREAKING SHOULD NOT BE TECHABLE, BUT ALL FOLLOWING THROWS SHOULD BE. This would create a 50/50 situation that rewards both the attacker and defender for making the right reads.
This should make all the sense in the world to anyone familiar with fighting games.
#implementnow

Flatlander57
02-20-2017, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't mind this change.

rcwd
02-20-2017, 11:31 PM
90% of the time when people gb you they aren't going to throw you, this just supports gb spamming more than its already done.

ShadowBandit39
02-20-2017, 11:38 PM
I like the idea, but the throw isn't the only problem with guard break. The fact that some characters are getting free heavys after guard break. I think Oruchi full strategy, is guardbreak, heavy, guardbreak heavy, guardbreak heavy....or that what I hear my friends complain about.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 11:43 PM
I don't understand what you mean by, "poor spacing".

Being heroes of different types have variable range depending on their size & weapon...how could you ever consider anything to be "good spacing" vs "poor spacing"??

I understand what you're getting at and want, but most fighting games (at a competitive level) have the same reach for all characters. Their moves themselves may have variable distance, but the characters have the same default spacing that normal attacks can be thrown from to land/hit.

I guess what i'm getting at is a warden vs peacekeeper shouldn't be considering "space" (distance between eachother) as the "same". The warden's ideal positioning is different than the peacekeepers (when you consider weapon reach and mobility).

Such being the case, what do you mean by, "The Guardbreak itself SHOULD be a guaranteed punishment for a defender's poor spacing"

SirCorrino
02-20-2017, 11:43 PM
Lol no. Orochi will just go guard break > heavy ad infinitum until you manage to get off a light attack to stop the guard break. This is an idiotic change.

DrExtrem
02-21-2017, 12:25 AM
This sounds like something, that should be tested.

neogeo___
02-21-2017, 12:32 AM
Maybe...

But wouldn't this become sort of exploitable when an opponent is out of stamina and unable to even light attack counter it?

Or side dodging and catching opponents in recovery animations after last attack in their chain for chars with zone in guard break combos like say a peacekeeper or even kensei?

Or a bash against an object for say a lawbringer, warlord, conqueror or warden?

Felis_Menari
02-21-2017, 12:55 AM
If a GB can't be countered then either you get lucky enough to use an attack that ignores it, or you back dodge and roll to preemptively prevent yourself from getting grabbed (you'll still get grabbed during the back dodge. Gotta lo e that GB lunge, lol). Yeah, no.

insta.Nefer
02-21-2017, 01:06 AM
smth which bothers me about guard break is that you cant dodge it
with peacekeeper i dodge 90 from it but i still get grabbed, it is undodgeable

also with warden there is similar cheese like with orochi, using warden you can lightattack, gb, lightattack repeat for eternity making your oponent either ragequit or wishing you cancer at least for 3 times

Rump_Buffalo
02-21-2017, 01:31 AM
Am I taking crazy pills? This is a terrible idea that simply opens people up to get free heavied over and over...

the free heavy strikes are bad enough as it is, off this AND parry

Gubermensch
02-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Terrible idea...

Scythe-Of-Vice
02-21-2017, 05:10 AM
smth which bothers me about guard break is that you cant dodge it
with peacekeeper i dodge 90 from it but i still get grabbed, it is undodgeable

also with warden there is similar cheese like with orochi, using warden you can lightattack, gb, lightattack repeat for eternity making your oponent either ragequit or wishing you cancer at least for 3 times

As an assassin - dodge is like your main defense or "guard" if you will.. correct?

Guard break is a mechanic to overcome someone who is using to much defense.

You can not dodge guard break in the first 50% of your dodge animation. After the 50% I think it misses. Do not attempt to dodge when you see someone trying to GB you, you will always lose because you started late in this case.

Attack chain, combo whatever, them make space so they can't GB you. Some classes have a lunge GB but it's really not that far (PK, Kensi, Raider. etc.)

If you double tap your dodge key or button (I'm on PC so it is space bar) GB will never hit you but you lose stamina.

Fighting assassins without this mechanic would be impossible for heavy classes.

Learn to Counter Guard Break and keep distance after your combo.

Also, no counter to GB would be the worst idea in the history of ideas...... The game would just be GB then top (or side) heavy, rinse and repeat. Someone plays to much Oro and needs to drop the crutch (not you insta nefer but the OP).

Right now I;m seeing a lot of high lvl PK players always double dodge (roll back) out after a combo without fail. They forfeit the stamina and never get GB'ed. Wait a second to regen what little stam they lost and again, rinse repeat.

Cheers