PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie help

DistrictEx
02-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Any advice on doing damage with the Valkyrie ? I can pretty much drop the guy on their butt and defend most of the fight but their health stays full and I end up dead. Can you recommend Any affective strategy ?

Lufury
02-20-2017, 11:20 PM
Any advice on doing damage with the Valkyrie ? I can pretty much drop the guy on their butt and defend most of the fight but their health stays full and I end up dead. Can you recommend Any affective strategy ?

more combos after theyre on ground.. and check enemy stamina if he drops without stamina 2 lights then 1 heavy down sweep and they are lieing again

T_Djinn_T
02-20-2017, 11:26 PM

Hit buttons correctly? If they're at full health that tells me you aren't dropping them on their butt.

If you want to watch a good player you're welcome to come to my stream. I teach how to punish people with Valk. She's one of the harder heroes to play though.

Lufury
02-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Hit buttons correctly? If they're at full health that tells me you aren't dropping them on their butt.

If you want to watch a good player you're welcome to come to my stream. I teach how to punish people with Valk. She's one of the harder heroes to play though.

ur Hero? wanna play some duels?

Dekallis
02-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Oh boy. There's ALOT you can do with valk.

Basics? GB into heavy is free. doesn't matter which direction you use for the heavy. After the heavy hits you have options, you can go into lights because it's a chain starter, or you can do one light and then sweep, or you could go immediately into shield crash and follow it with a gb to catch people trying to step expecting the sweep after shield crash effectively reseting this setup.

Hunters pounce(her forward dashing strike) counts as a chain starter though it isn't listed as such. so you can poke once after the leap and go into sweep, or you can poke a side and try for a top light for max damage(her light chain deals different dmg on the last hit depending on whether you end with a side or top. Side deals less dmg but inflicts stun top does most damage but has no added status.)

Sweep when used as a substitute for a chain finisher garuntees a free heavy if it hits and you have the above options for what to do after a heavy. It also usually is in range after shield crash but NOT shield tackle. I believe it's garunteed to land after rams head but I'm not 100% sure on that since I don't usually use rams head unless I'm trying to push my opponent to exhaustion.

Her shield tackle garuntees a hunters pounce on knockdown may grant a free heavy if obstacles prevent them from being pushed too far.

Exhausting an opponent will make it incredibly easy to land her counters so most people will turtle up you can take advantage of this by trying to keep their stamina down and pressuring them into attacking despite the disadvantage.

that about covers it......valk has a lot of options and mixups to vary her combos with and people often stop looking for her to gb because they're paying attention to what she's doing with her shield or if she's using sweeps.

Thanegard
02-20-2017, 11:35 PM
I main a Valkyrie (prestige level 4, almost 5) and yeah it's not easy.

Use the sidestep stab to initiate your combos and mix the finisher up between sweeping and light/heavy finish. Once your enemy is on the ground most of the time you really only have the option to jump stab as he's out of reach for all other attacks. You can keep dropping them over and over although in some cases they can dodge/backpedal out of your reach, just don't let your stamina run out and be patient.

It's very unforgiving, and I think as a valkyrie you need to learn your opponents more than other classes... others can afford mistakes we can't. Others can trade damage and still win, we can't. So it's even more important that your reactions are there for the blocks, for the parries and for the dodges. In current state it's that class that need almost perfect play, and even then it's uphill. But it is very rewarding when it works, and well... buffs are coming :)

Against quick classes I like to mix it up with the area attack, as it's difficult to catch them in their sidestep attacks otherwise. I would also avoid the shoulderpin move, the damage is just not worth the risk. Against bots I can do it most of the time, but against players and lag... very hard.

Anyway: I am by no means an expert but I just thought I would share my thoughts. Hopefully at least some of them are helpful.

Lufury
02-20-2017, 11:37 PM
Oh boy. There's ALOT you can do with valk.

Basics? GB into heavy is free. doesn't matter which direction you use for the heavy. After the heavy hits you have options, you can go into lights because it's a chain starter, or you can do one light and then sweep, or you could go immediately into shield crash and follow it with a gb to catch people trying to step expecting the sweep after shield crash effectively reseting this setup.

Hunters pounce(her forward dashing strike) counts as a chain starter though it isn't listed as such. so you can poke once after the leap and go into sweep, or you can poke a side and try for a top light for max damage(her light chain deals different dmg on the last hit depending on whether you end with a side or top. Side deals less dmg but inflicts stun top does most damage but has no added status.)

Sweep when used as a substitute for a chain finisher garuntees a free heavy if it hits and you have the above options for what to do after a heavy. It also usually is in range after shield crash but NOT shield tackle. I believe it's garunteed to land after rams head but I'm not 100% sure on that since I don't usually use rams head unless I'm trying to push my opponent to exhaustion.

Her shield tackle garuntees a hunters pounce on knockdown may grant a free heavy if obstacles prevent them from being pushed too far.

Exhausting an opponent will make it incredibly easy to land her counters so most people will turtle up you can take advantage of this by trying to keep their stamina down and pressuring them into attacking despite the disadvantage.

that about covers it......valk has a lot of options and mixups to vary her combos with and people often stop looking for her to gb because they're paying attention to what she's doing with her shield or if she's using sweeps.

not saying shes too weak or something but the Hunters Pounce ur talking about is the worst hit in the game since if the Enemy is BLOCKING it hes gone get a free guardbreak on you. Which is insane. and Wardens overhead or Sidehit is way faster than the walkyries jump hit. Specially u can just predict it and keep the Block up as she leaves the ground since shes just jumping high.

DistrictEx
02-20-2017, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the amazing input. I'll try all of these until I figure what I can do. It's a fun class but true one mistake and it's over. My damage is low in duels and even when I control the opponent stand I waste my own stamina . Needs perfection and yea the sweep drops them too far. One option jump or wait for me.

Thanks a lot again

T_Djinn_T
02-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the amazing input. I'll try all of these until I figure what I can do. It's a fun class but true one mistake and it's over. My damage is low in duels and even when I control the opponent stand I waste my own stamina . Needs perfection and yea the sweep drops them too far. One option jump or wait for me.

Thanks a lot again

I sent you a PM with when you can watch stream. (Rather than advertising it to everyone) in case you're interested in learning)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1584833-Valkyrie

This is a post with current issues with the Valk. This is why she's extremely weak. Learning to deal with all of these during a fight is what will make you good with her. On top of learning combos/vortex