PDA

View Full Version : How to counter shugoki?

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 10:42 PM
I main berserker and have big trouble against shugoki, for some reason he is super hard for me. How do you counter him?

GrauWolf_Kull
02-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Normal Hits or special Hits?

I think its really hard do counter or parrie him.... I use Doge against him.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Normal Hits or special Hits?

I think its really hard do counter or parrie him.... I use Doge against him.

That much i figured out myself but the bastard is so fat its difficult to sidestep lol :D

I guess its just more practice...

NorthernDragon5
02-20-2017, 10:51 PM
be careful of his passive, if you both swing at the same time he will still hit you and for berserker there goes 1/3 of your health. So wait to dodge/parry an attack, then hit him once to remove the passive. After that he will get melted, just be careful in case he gets it back. Gb can also break the passive. Just be ready for his charge once he gets down to 1 bar, as it insta kills all characters. Most shigoki try to go for it at that point, you just have to dodge back or to the side, then hit him once and he will die

BlackbirdMPK
02-20-2017, 11:49 PM
I main berserker and have big trouble against shugoki, for some reason he is super hard for me. How do you counter him?

As a Shugoki main, I can tell you that he's not hard to play against if you're fast enough. Don't initiate him with heavy attacks because he'll just eat those and hit you. You need to initiate with light attacks to get past his armor. Once it's down you can rush him, and if he runs out of stamina he can be easy bait against an unskilled player. The only problem with Berserker is that his entire kit relies on his chains. If you get parried you're rendered almost useless.

m0nk3y.exe
02-21-2017, 02:51 AM
I may be biased because I main both berserker and shugoki, but i feel like berserker is one of the better counters to shugoki. Once you break shugoki's stance he takes extra damage; with the berserker's ability to chain fast light attacks, if you dodge and chain shugoki goes down fast.

Brando736
07-03-2018, 08:51 PM
@m0nk3y.exe how does Zerker chain fast light attacks if the only chain they have that uses light attacks has to be rotated between light and heavy attacks in order to maintain the chain?

UbiInsulin
07-03-2018, 09:41 PM
This thread was last posted in the game's launch week, so I'm going to close this up. Please don't necro threads if at all possible.