PDA

View Full Version : Revenge for getting damage is a piece of ****

Sugaroverdose
02-20-2017, 10:07 PM
Nerf this crap, 108lvl gear gives infinite revenge spam for asshanders

MangoUnclaimed
02-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Yes, it does. It needs to go. I just played a level 108 Nobushi in Dominion with my low-level Valkyrie - on our first fight, alone on A, I had him on a single bar of health and he hadn't touched me until his revenge triggered, at which point I was killed in two hits. This is how the whole match went. I'd jump him, strike him three or four times, revenge would trigger and I'd be instantly killed. It is genuinely game-breaking.

HiTeHa
02-20-2017, 10:19 PM
This game have TONs of stupid mechanisms ...

fightinirish6
02-20-2017, 10:24 PM
experience the exact thing with a berserker, 88 gear, i hit him with two lights, blocked a couple moves, he has revenge, proceeds to 2 hit me. No thanks. I though gear score wasn't supposed to give that huge of a buff.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 10:24 PM
Sounds more like an issue with match-making than an issue with the mechanics themselves.

Gnarxly
02-20-2017, 10:31 PM
Yes, it does. It needs to go. I just played a level 108 Nobushi in Dominion with my low-level Valkyrie - on our first fight, alone on A, I had him on a single bar of health and he hadn't touched me until his revenge triggered, at which point I was killed in two hits. This is how the whole match went. I'd jump him, strike him three or four times, revenge would trigger and I'd be instantly killed. It is genuinely game-breaking.

You are a liar, it doesn't trigger on 3-4 hits 1v1. Btw why didn't you block or parry his attacks meanwhile revenge is up? Or you know, just evade a few seconds untill it goes off? But nahh lets spam some more, right...

Gnarxly
02-20-2017, 10:33 PM
This game have TONs of stupid mechanisms ...

Some of us find them pretty fun. So why do You play the game?

Allyrion8
02-20-2017, 10:39 PM
It could be reduced so that it doesn't trigger from 1v1. But the gain should be buffed then, from getting hit from more than one enemy.

Sugaroverdose
02-20-2017, 11:05 PM
You are a liar, it doesn't trigger on 3-4 hits 1v1. Btw why didn't you block or parry his attacks meanwhile revenge is up? Or you know, just evade a few seconds untill it goes off? But nahh lets spam some more, right...So, other people must stand in defence forever because Ubi didn't test top gear stats? When i started this tread i was in lvl78 gear, i've parried and blocked 6 attacks in a row and dropped to half health those predictable suck and you know what? He got revenge - i'm not.

You are a liar, it doesn't trigger on 3-4 hits 1v1. Btw why didn't you block or parry his attacks meanwhile revenge is up? Or you know, just evade a few seconds untill it goes off? But nahh lets spam some more, right...I've already rage-boosted gear it's actually gives revenge after getting ≈5-6 hits

ThePollie
02-20-2017, 11:08 PM
There needs to be an option to queue for Dominion with gear disabled.

Sugaroverdose
02-20-2017, 11:28 PM
There needs to be an option to queue for Dominion with gear disabled.Purple gear must be nerfed as well as getting revenge for nothing

rcwd
02-20-2017, 11:39 PM
You can still dodge, block and parry someone whos revenged... It's really not that hard, I fight people who are in revenge mode all the time. The only difference is they get a bit more hp and their attacks cant be interrupted.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 11:44 PM

You mean custom match. It exists already.

The default mode for the people that want to just enjoy the game with the options the developers created is dominion. You can make your own version of dominion in custom matches.

Sugaroverdose
02-20-2017, 11:45 PM
You can still dodge, block and parry someone whos revenged... It's really not that hard, I fight people who are in revenge mode all the time. The only difference is they get a bit more hp and their attacks cant be interrupted.lmao, for people like you ubi may make hardcore mode with permanent revenge. While i don't want to kite and parry full time revenge while playing in dominion(there's no time for this while you trying to get point near enemy spawn).

Revenge should be mechanics which actually gives viable player chance to stand in 1vX it should not give such huge advantage to players who can't even block in 1v1.

The default mode for the people that want to just enjoy the game with the options the developers created is dominion. You can make your own version of dominion in custom matches.
too bad it's not ranked so people don't progress and get even visual stuff

ThePollie
02-20-2017, 11:47 PM

No, it does not. Custom match with a pre-made group =/= An open server queue with certain filters.

Ragnar---
02-20-2017, 11:50 PM

I wish. It seems people don't seem to want it, not sure why,

Munktor
02-20-2017, 11:55 PM
lmao, for people like you ubi may make hardcore mode with permanent revenge. While i don't want to kite and parry full time revenge while playing in dominion(there's no time for this while you trying to get point near enemy spawn).

Revenge should be mechanics which actually gives viable player chance to stand in 1vX it should not give such huge advantage to players who can't even block in 1v1.
too bad it's not ranked so people don't progress and get even visual stuff

Gotcha, now I get the want. You want to get gear/reputation, but not have to deal with people that got gear and reputation lol.

Fair enough, I hope the devs add a "no gear" mode for you to accumulate gear in =)

CarnivalLaw
02-21-2017, 12:00 AM
Bump. The Revenge mechanic is BS, altogether.

Ragnar---
02-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Gotcha, now I get the want. You want to get gear/reputation, but not have to deal with people that got gear and reputation lol.

Fair enough, I hope the devs add a "no gear" mode for you to accumulate gear in =)

I mean... the mode would just be 2v2 doubled. Why aren't you moaning that there is no gear in those modes?.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 12:12 AM
I mean... the mode would just be 2v2 doubled. Why aren't you moaning that there is no gear in those modes?.

Fairly certain i'm not moaning about anything. See, I just play the game and have fun. I'm all for the developers catering to people with specific requests designed around their personal wants. It doesn't affect me one bit.

I just stated that I hope the devs do provide a "no gear" mode for the people that want to fight without gear (but still earn gear).

Egotistic_Ez
02-21-2017, 12:14 AM
The problem with splitting the queue is that the matchmaker is already a pos. Having gear and non-gear queues for dominion would up the queue time solo from the 2-5min it takes now to the 5-10min it takes to get into a deathmatch.

What Ubi should have done was listen to feedback and remove revenge stats from gear so that they could balance the mechanic. But nooooooo, revenge is the devs' baby, can't touch that. Gameplay be damned.

You are a liar, it doesn't trigger on 3-4 hits 1v1. Btw why didn't you block or parry his attacks meanwhile revenge is up? Or you know, just evade a few seconds untill it goes off? But nahh lets spam some more, right...

Stacking revenge building gear with 108 GS is enough to proc revenge after a few parries or around 5 hits. One parry and 3 hits would probably do it.

Some of us play the game for the challenge it was intended to have. If you enjoy cheesing or can't get a win without it that's fine, but if you actually play the game for that alone I pity you.

ThePollie
02-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Revenge serves a good purpose - But it's a problem that it's so easily gained in 1v1's.

If there's not another opponent within a certain distance that has attacked you within a certain time frame, it should be a much lower gain.

ARZVEL
02-21-2017, 12:24 AM

´Cause he is pretty bad playing it for sure

MrForz
02-21-2017, 12:27 AM
This I can agree. The moment I turned reputation 3 with my Warden I equipped whatever purple gear I could get, I had full revenge attack/defense and gain by injury/defense and the effects are insane, my character throws a tantrum the very second a second player joins in, I could repeat it over and over again as long as I was alive, a freaking raid boss. Not only it gives some insane boosts but it will come out very quickly in 1vs1, giving you one hell of a means of deterrence that turns into a direct I WIN situation should your opponent grow tired of waiting.

Gear shouldn't affect revenge in any way. It should stay base.

Danioku
02-21-2017, 12:33 AM
108 Warlord take ages to die in 1v1, your team come to help, 2 hits revenge, headbutt to the ground heavy, headbutt to the ground heavy, rip..... no counterplay....

Waynedetta40k
02-21-2017, 12:51 AM
I know I wasnt doing good against that pk but still ridiculous how fast he killed me there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1kPkllsWA

Sugaroverdose
02-21-2017, 01:15 AM
I know I wasnt doing good against that pk but still ridiculous how fast he killed me there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1kPkllsWADidn't he activated revenge while you tried to grab him? You've dropped to half health at those moment, any way, it's not about "OP PK(yes we are)" but about good mechanics which was broken by insane gear boost, there's no reason to invest into anything else than 100% revenge gain+damage+defence
Played with one hand during night working:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqYNr3pPwvY

it's f stupid and most disappointing - i've paid for this >.<

Altair_Snake
02-21-2017, 03:48 AM
Sounds more like an issue with match-making than an issue with the mechanics themselves.
We pick our characters after the matchmaking. There isn't a lot teh matchmaking can do. It's particularly likely to screw you over if you have a high level character, but decide to pick a low level one.

Thilly.Gooth
02-21-2017, 03:53 AM
Whoever thought Revenge was a good idea, hope was fired. Basically ruins the game, those who defend it are usually the tryhards that can't fight outside of popping Revenge.

ThePollie
02-21-2017, 04:47 AM
Revenge was designed with giving outnumbered players a fighting chance. Without it, you're screwed. No amount of skill wins you in a 1v2 or 1v3. Hell, even now, Revenge does little more than buy you time against skilled players. It's a stalling tactic at best. They'll just back off and turtle up. You're not trying to kill them, you're trying to stay alive for every second you can, buy your team time to take the map and come fight them with you.

Altair_Snake
02-21-2017, 09:14 AM
Exxxactly! ^

Munktor
02-21-2017, 03:22 PM
We pick our characters after the matchmaking. There isn't a lot teh matchmaking can do. It's particularly likely to screw you over if you have a high level character, but decide to pick a low level one.

I get you, and agree. It's not ideal when people don't pick their very "best" chars. But still is moreso a problem with matchmaking overall than with gear/game balance. Suffice to say, i've fought people that had really high gear scores and I noticed exactly what the OP is talking about.

Difference is, I compensated instead of just banging my head against the wall while screaming "this isn't fair". When you get right down to it, revenge is a bit pointless when you can literally just wait it out.

gary_199
02-21-2017, 04:00 PM
i have my 108 lawbringer and I have turned my revenge from injury all the way down to near nothing just so its my defensive skill alone that gives me revenge as having revenge off blocking and injury is a joke ..

I have hit a oroshi 1 time with a heavy and he went revenge then I outlasted it and hit him again and it was back on lol
that stat should be changed to 'injury during revenge' then it makes the revenge duration stat worth investing in specially on those 4v1 moments where you get jumped on and are doing well but but get hit twice the second you activate revenge and die instantly

Winfieldt
02-21-2017, 04:10 PM
Whenever I play a fresh character now that I want to learn, I quit games if I see the enemy has a stacked premade/High gearscore people. At the end of the day I'm playing this game for fun and I'm not having fun being used as a door mat by a premade(And I'm pretty sure it can get boring for them aswell after the 50th time).

Hoping they fix both the issues with gear and matchmaking soon because this really isn't healthy for the game.

ThePollie
02-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Matchmaking is a mixed bag.

On one hand, you being a rep-4 Warden means you likely know the basics well and what Wardens can do. Your Raider may be level 1 and you have little idea what they can do, but you're still likely leagues ahead of other level 1s in the grasp of the basics and it'd give you an unbearable advantage against new players. Not perfect, but I don't think it'll get better.