PDA

View Full Version : Boycott until Ubisoft takes action

bulks88
02-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Simple, there's a million things wrong with the game. The forum is completely filled with frustrated customers, you can go back 50 pages and every single thread is talking about how garbage they've made the game. Ubisoft clearly hasn't responded to any of it and shows no signs of fixing anything. For everyone who really wants to get their attention and wants them to fix it, maybe boycotting this garbage they've sold us will get their attention

darksavior1977
02-20-2017, 10:03 PM
This looks like a good spot to state my intention. I don't want Ubisoft to suffer at all, they made a potentially great game, certainly a top notch concept, but the execution still has some bugs. When I act, I try, as long as I don't act while I am pissed off about something, to consider what my intention is and what outcome I truly desire. It can be easy to want to harm Ubisoft because you are mad, but honestly, what I really want is for them to get the balance and execution nailed down on this game, and make me love it as much as I thought I could when I saw the concept of it. So I am going to offer feedback and try to help make constructive criticisms, and not fruitlessly attack Ubisoft, which will do nothing (except maybe get a person forum banned if they are too vitriolic) to help get from For Honor the experience I want and paid for. My 2 cents.

bulks88
02-20-2017, 10:22 PM
I dont want to "hurt" ubisoft. I want to get their attention to fix their game. Because this is not what they promised us and it is has become a completely different game since the beta. They clearly aren't reading the forums and their customers concerns, there's damn near 50 pages of people frustrated with what they've sold us. Maybe if everyone got together and brought it to their attention another way, they would take it seriously. because clearly discussing it on the forums and trying to bring it to their attention here is not working. If they saw how many people were really annoyed with this game and they had something to lose, they might actually address it.

VillNess
02-20-2017, 10:27 PM
My issue with this game is how DAMN EXPENSIVE it is. It shouldn't feel like a f2p game which you have to pay 60$ for... You get steel so slowly that customising your character takes ages unless, of course, you pay money. That sounds like a f2p model: Paying for customisation options...

Kiiyor
02-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Calm down. It's barely been a week since release, and the forum is filled with people claiming ye olde devs aren't listening to a thing - yet there are already changes planned for guard break (due to community outcry) and the Valkyrie, among others.

They are listening, but builds, fixes and changes take time - especially seeing as many development teams are downsized after game release. While i'm annoyed at the list of bugs and P2P errors in particular, I think that calls for a boycott and glorious revolution will prove nothing aside from the fact that disillusioned people boisterously get behind a boycott campaign and then ignore it to play the game anyway.

The fact that they have even waded into the bile and vitriol soaked swamp lands that make up these these forums proves them to be braver people than I.

PowerSenpai
02-20-2017, 10:33 PM
My issue with this game is how DAMN EXPENSIVE it is. It shouldn't feel like a f2p game which you have to pay 60$ for... You get steel so slowly that customising your character takes ages unless, of course, you pay money. That sounds like a f2p model: Paying for customisation options...

Even the way steel purchases are advertised in game indicates this type of stuff. "For those who don't have time, buy steel instead!" (This is a paraphrase)

Gnarxly
02-20-2017, 10:35 PM
Simple, there's a million things wrong with the game. The forum is completely filled with frustrated customers, you can go back 50 pages and every single thread is talking about how garbage they've made the game. Ubisoft clearly hasn't responded to any of it and shows no signs of fixing anything. For everyone who really wants to get their attention and wants them to fix it, maybe boycotting this garbage they've sold us will get their attention

You are a bit late for the boycotte. Maybe the 26th time you will learn and not buy the game before you see it's actually released and the state that is in.

bulks88
02-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Luckily for me i just spent a little over an hour with Microsoft on online chat. They've put my refund through. No more complaints from me, if anyone else is seriously annoyed with ubisoft and what they've sold you i highly suggest to do the same. Got my 135 bucks back for the game + season pass, sucks that Ubisoft has such great ideas but puts 0 effort into actually developing them.

Braegulfer
02-20-2017, 10:43 PM
I can't tell if you're making a statement or making a call to action. Feel free to do whatever you want. I for you one am having a blast and don't plan on going anywhere. I love this freakin' game and when gb reverts and people aren't getting free gbs off blocking my lights, I'm throwing a pizza party. I was going to invite you but not if you're leaving.

VillNess
02-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Ye, I somewhat understand the option to buy to acquire something faster as time=money BUT when I have to pay 60$ for the game and then a lot more just to unlock anything special for my character (not to mention if I want to customise more characters...). That is for f2p game that gets most money from cosmetics (or so I guess).

I have played 20 hours and have only got 9000 steel. 3500 (or something) came from the 2 practises and rest from playing... So this means that for my 20 hours spent on my game I can only buy ONE execution effect. 3000 or 5000 for one emote... 5000 or 7000 for execution... 1000-3000 for ornament. What the heck Ubisoft?

EDIT
I still love this game, I just wish I could customise my character more without spending more money after already paying full AAA price.

Drekle
02-20-2017, 10:47 PM
I don't think they will take action. I was excited for For Honor before I knew it was Ubisoft. Already got burned by The Division and Watchdogs 2 with its lacking MP content. FarCry is a good single player game but it seems that they just cant make quality Multiplayer.