PDA

View Full Version : Orders vs AI

forrest0755
02-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Can there be less of these? Games vs AI are always low activity and it is hard to get a match.

Gemini-Iceland
02-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Can there be less of these? Games vs AI are always low activity and it is hard to get a match.

It's just stupid to force AI or PvP. Sizable amount of players hate either AI or PVP and they are pissing both parties off.

Gyson
02-20-2017, 09:59 PM

Reducing the amount of AI orders for that particular reason is unnecessary; "vs AI" games can be filled entirely with bots (and you), which gives instant matches with zero wait times. You don't have to wait on other players at all unless you specifically set the match up to use matchmaking to fill out your team with non-bots.

I actually wish there were *more* AI orders, as (since launch) I've been unable to stay connected to any matches with more than 4 real players. That means I'm stuck with only Duels and Brawls for player-vs-player combat, and Elimination, Skirmish, and Dominion with bots.

darksavior1977
02-20-2017, 10:17 PM
Reducing the amount of AI orders for that particular reason is unnecessary; "vs AI" games can be filled entirely with bots (and you), which gives instant matches with zero wait times. You don't have to wait on other players at all unless you specifically set the match up to use matchmaking to fill out your team with non-bots.

I actually wish there were *more* AI orders, as (since launch) I've been unable to stay connected to any matches with more than 4 real players. That means I'm stuck with only Duels and Brawls for player-vs-player combat, and Elimination, Skirmish, and Dominion with bots.

Fully agree with more AI orders, or just Orders that don't specify either AI or PVP, let people make progress doing what they like.
The OP is the second person I've seen that has mentioned wait times vs AI, I think the game needs a manual or a tutorial, folks do not know that you can turn matchmaking off of these AI battles to make them happen instantly.

Yefrign
02-20-2017, 10:49 PM
I primarily play PvE aka with AI and I either waitr for games or just turn matchmaking off if I just want to jump in right away.

personally I think ALL the orders should not require PvP OR PvE and should just be general so you can complete them in either gamemodes. that way the PvE players dont miss out if they dont want to do PvP and the PvP players dont get annoyed to have to switch to PvE to do other orders...

Everyone wins then.

Nekomatsuri
02-20-2017, 11:15 PM
PvP already has more contracts than PvE to begin with, so what's the point of asking to have fewer PvE contracts unless you're one of those "I only play PvP, anyone who doesn't shouldn't be getting loot" kinds of players? Low activity for Player vs AI isn't even a valid excuse either since, as has been mentioned a few times in this thread, you can turn off matchmaking for Player vs AI and fill all the empty slots with bots based on your skill level. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you probably didn't know you had that option before making this thread, but at least you should know now. ...Though the friendly AI needs a serious buff in my opinion. Too many times I've seen ally bots stand around doing nothing, refuse to enter a conflict between a player and an enemy AI, or just stand there and take every hit an enemy throws at them, all the while the enemy AI will group up on a single target, always seek out and chase down the nearest target, and at least try defending themselves, but that's a topic for another thread all together.

The way I see it, either we should be given more PvE contracts (at least make it an even 4:4), or as Darksavior1977 and Yefrign have said, remove the PvE and PvP requirements and make them "general contracts" that can be completed by playing how you want. Only play PvE? All contracts done. Only play PvP? All contracts done. Prefer to mix it up and play both? You guessed it; all contracts done.

Braegulfer
02-20-2017, 11:18 PM
I think they are doing a fine job catering to fans of both pvp and pve. Seems like they struck the most reasonable balance available.

TarunaMeow
02-20-2017, 11:30 PM
personally I think ALL the orders should not require PvP OR PvE and should just be general so you can complete them in either gamemodes.

Everyone wins then.
^
This.

Johnnybeck.
02-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Fully agree with more AI orders, or just Orders that don't specify either AI or PVP, let people make progress doing what they like.
The OP is the second person I've seen that has mentioned wait times vs AI, I think the game needs a manual or a tutorial, folks do not know that you can turn matchmaking off of these AI battles to make them happen instantly.

I can't find the option to turn matchmaking off in Xbox, can you tell me where is it? Thanks

Yefrign
02-21-2017, 12:05 AM
I'm on PC but the method should be similar. when you go to start searching for a game. there should be a settings tab/option. go there and basically inside the little picture that should be on the middle right of the screen in the CORNER of that it should say like "Matchmaking: ON" or something and there should be a button prompt. hit that button prompt and it should turn matchmaking on or off.

hope it helps

Johnnybeck.
02-21-2017, 12:20 AM
I'm on PC but the method should be similar. when you go to start searching for a game. there should be a settings tab/option. go there and basically inside the little picture that should be on the middle right of the screen in the CORNER of that it should say like "Matchmaking: ON" or something and there should be a button prompt. hit that button prompt and it should turn matchmaking on or off.

hope it helps

Thanks, but this option is not available on Xbox :(

SK-LorD4rk
03-16-2017, 06:22 PM
personally I think ALL the orders should not require PvP OR PvE and should just be general so you can complete them in either gamemodes. that way the PvE players dont miss out if they dont want to do PvP and the PvP players dont get annoyed to have to switch to PvE to do other orders...

Everyone wins then.

^
This.

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 06:52 PM
I like AI Orders, especially when I am levelling a new character and would rather not have my level 1 Viking Raiders head kicked in by 4 Rep 6 enemies in 108 gear.

What they should do, if anything, is remove the PvP / AI distinction and let the player decide.

Operch
03-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Until they fix the crazy disconnects and crashes I hope they make more of vs AI orders. It's the only way I can complete anything these days.

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Thanks, but this option is not available on Xbox :(

Yes it is, it's on the screen before you hold down A to start the matchmaking.
So if you have the Dominion box up, for example, press X for settings instead of holding down A to start matchmaking.
Then you will see a globe symbol with a circled A next to the words MATCHMAKING ON
Press A to toggle that on or off.
You're welcome :)

Johnnybeck.
03-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Yes it is, it's on the screen before you hold down A to start the matchmaking.
So if you have the Dominion box up, for example, press X for settings instead of holding down A to start matchmaking.
Then you will see a globe symbol with a circled A next to the words MATCHMAKING ON
Press A to toggle that on or off.
You're welcome :)

Yeah, I found it already, only after changing my nat to Green, so not sure if green nat is required or if I was not looking in the right place before.

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Orders should be universally doable.

Dome people really like botmatches or have connection problems, while others need other players to have fun.

If we take into account, that every hero has 30 prestige levels and that steel is always needed, the restrictions for the orders should go.

To the people who want to play vs. bots alone, just turn off matchmaking. On xbox it is simple. In the section screen for your wanted mode, simply press x for settings. While in the settings menu, turn off matchmaking. Best feature in the game - at least for me.

Munktor
03-16-2017, 09:02 PM
I fully support all AI (PVE) orders being able to be completed in PVP. It's more difficult anyways, so I don't see why anyone would be against such.

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 09:46 PM
I fully support all AI (PVE) orders being able to be completed in PVP. It's more difficult anyways, so I don't see why anyone would be against such.

Sure. :rolleyes:

Most players are not as good, as level one bots. They at least have a solid defense.

sorcot
03-17-2017, 12:33 AM
Since most turn matchmaking off for AI contracts goes quickly and most of the time you get better teamates (AI) and no disconnects- easy cash and exp easy to take a lvl0 to prestige 1 in a day

Valfrekr
03-17-2017, 12:57 AM
Um, yeah today's orders have 3 PvE and 5 Pvp orders. Too many pve/AI orders though. And it's always this way. So dude what are you talking about?

Karma_Ghost
03-17-2017, 01:52 AM
+1 to removing the PvP/AI distinction.

Hype_Zebra
03-17-2017, 03:37 AM
I agree with (almost) everyone else here in that orders should be for AI or PvP. I shouldn't be forced to make it everyone else's problem when I'm levelling a new toon that I'm not great with yet and that also has crap gear just to get more than two orders a day.

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 06:45 AM
Um, yeah today's orders have 3 PvE and 5 Pvp orders. Too many pve/AI orders though. And it's always this way. So dude what are you talking about?

Invho, there are not enough PvAI orders.

The pvp/pvai restrictions should simply go. Everybody would be happy. Well except some of the "toffee-nosed" pvp-purists might not but they should consider growing up and stop to force pvp on everybody anyway.

SangLong524
03-17-2017, 11:00 AM
I personally want more PvsAI. It's more doable and faster. Execute 20 AIs would be a lot easier than executing 20 players.

tonycawley69
03-17-2017, 11:03 AM
I don't understand how having orders vs ai bothers you. If you don't want to do them, don't do them.
Or is it more orders vs players that you want? How will having less orders vs ai increase the number of orders vs players?
The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.

This is a very strange thread indeed.

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 11:25 AM
I personally want more PvsAI. It's more doable and faster. Execute 20 AIs would be a lot easier than executing 20 players.

To even things out, the amount of - lets say executions - could be higher in pvai.

SangLong524
03-17-2017, 11:29 AM
To even things out, the amount of - lets say executions - could be higher in pvai.
I dont mind that at all. Heck, they can tell me execute 40 AIs honorably, i'll do it

MrWTF
03-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Yeah make them all both PVP and AI!

I prefer AI xD Because I'd like to not be such a sweaty try-hard that I become in PVP in this game... And I hate that almost all the orders are PVP :(

PS: Rethink some of the orders... 20 EXECUTIONS in dominion PVP, a mode that isn't even about killing heroes? That takes waaaaaaaay too long. Then right after you literally play one match of skirmish, and complete 3 orders, all that each give the same exp and steel as the super long dominion one? Stupid :(

escacleo
03-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Just turn off matchmaking. Complete more vs AI with matchmaking off than with allowing any players to join the game.