PDA

View Full Version : Can we get an ETA on the patch?

Haniel_
02-20-2017, 09:06 PM
As title says, can we get an eta on the patch? The bot replacement issue and GB bug are pretty infuriating when you know the corrections are "upcoming"

Dehumanizer86
02-20-2017, 09:15 PM
I think it was a mistake by Ubi to announce bug fixes and balance changes so far ahead of actually implementing them.

SirCorrino
02-20-2017, 09:18 PM
Yeah, they should have them implemented within a day or so of announcing them.

Dehumanizer86
02-20-2017, 09:46 PM
some people really canīt be pleased. either itīs whining that they say nothing and now itīs whining that they say something to early.

So you're saying there is only complete silence or patching the game every single day to please the most impatient players? If you announce changes of that caliber that could make or break characters and bug fixes that, again, will make or break characters, you should be ready to ship in 72hrs from the point you make them public.

If you're not ready for that but still want to communicate with your audience make very vague statements like "Hey, we're looking at the overall balance of the current meta over the next few weeks." Not announce very specific changes people have been clamoring for since the closed technical not to mention the rather long list of exploits and bugs currently in the game(connectivity issues, Peacekeeper, Shugoki, Lawbringer, etc.).

Munktor
02-20-2017, 09:49 PM
So you're saying there is only complete silence or patching the game every single day to please the most impatient players? If you announce changes of that caliber that could make or break characters and bug fixes that, again, will make or break characters, you should be ready to ship in 72hrs from the point you make them public.

If you're not ready for that but still want to communicate with your audience make very vague statements like "Hey, we're looking at the overall balance of the current meta over the next few weeks." Not announce very specific changes people have been clamoring for since the closed technical not to mention the rather long list of exploits and bugs currently in the game(connectivity issues, Peacekeeper, Shugoki, Lawbringer, etc.).

In my many years of gaming, patches usually release on Tuesdays (when the game is cross-platform) due to the patch-approval process both Sony and Microsoft have.

My many years of gaming also tells me often developers announce potential/future changes and patch notes in advance of actually releasing said patch just to advise the community and see if they have any feedback prior to implementation.

"shipping in 72 hours" isn't something most developers CAN do even if they had the capability internally due to the way Sony & Microsoft have the patching process set for their systems.

PC is a different story, but this is a cross-platform game. If it was PC only, then i'd understand your viewpoint - but it's not.

MapleBeaver69
02-20-2017, 09:54 PM
Giving people a response and acknowledging that there were some problems was the correct thing to do. If Ubisoft had stayed silent that would just infuriate players more. So good on them for at least responding.

What they should have done was given players a sense of "at the latest" when the patch can be deployed. Even if its an over statement, having some kind of deadline to work with really helps. And we can all know when to either come back to the game or just goof around until its fixed. Currently I can't take the game seriously and just play Raider or Shugoki and carry people away or baseball bat them off ledges.

There's always going to be those "shut up and git gud" fanboys who don't know what's really going on or why people are legitimately upset.

So yes, please give us some guidelines here on what's going on with this "hotfix" and/or patch coming out. We know guardbreak is changing back to how it was but some of the other things are a little vague. Specific patch notes would be welcome as well as a very rough timeline so we can all calm down.

A lot of people stopped playing altogether and are writing pretty bad reviews of the game cuz it has some major flaws for a fast paced fighting game.

T_Djinn_T
02-20-2017, 09:57 PM
As title says, can we get an eta on the patch? The bot replacement issue and GB bug are pretty infuriating when you know the corrections are "upcoming"

Open the game.
Go to the multiple menu
Look in the top right hand corner.
If they don't come out tomorrow Tuesday there is your timer to the patches.
If I was Ubi I wouldn't give a Release date either. Why? If you say nothing. People complain. If you say something. People complain. However. If you GUARANTEE something. And can't deliver. People will leave.

They probably wanted it to hit for the weekend and couldn't get it implemented in time. So they're probably shooting for tuesday now. And if they still can't get it done by then they'll release a time saying Next Tuesday when the round finishes in order to "Not disturb the faction war"