PDA

View Full Version : I can't play this game with mouse or controller!

Birate98
02-20-2017, 07:42 PM
I pre-bought this game and played it when it was released with keyboard and mouse. After I played for a few days, I realised that there was no deadzone for blocking or parrying with a mouse. I tried controller instead - PS4. I kept getting kicked from matches about 1 minute in for being allegedly 'inactive'.
This is a problem as I have to play on keyboard and mouse, which is intolerable because of the lack of deadzone. (For example, today I got hit 5 times in a row with a side heavy and could not block it because no matter how much I moved my mouse to the right, the little twitch to the left - moving my mouse by what would be no more than a pixel - would cause my character to block left, ultimately getting me killed and forfeiting the game).
I have tried every fix for both means of controlling. I have messed with my mouse sensitivity and tried the numerous fixes for the controller bug but to no avail.

Please tell me there is going to be a deadzone put on to mouse, or the controller fix, which I know is being worked on, will be released very soon, or I will be asking for a refund.

Thank you for any information anybody may have, though I would love to hear from an official from Ubisoft of this matter.

Twisted-Karma
02-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Couldn't you just adjust the sensitivity of the mouse in windows ? I did it the other way around, I adjusted to my mouses sensitivity, I usually die when I get to the edges of the mat though :P
There is another setting in the game, guard mode mouse sensitivity but never changed it myself.
If you're cursor twitches try blowing out any dust and give the mouse mat a whipe or if it's a soft mat, turn it upside down and slap it a few times to expel as much dust as u can. Also most controllers software has a deadzone setup ?

Birate98
02-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Couldn't you just adjust the sensitivity of the mouse in windows ? I did it the other way around, I adjusted to my mouses sensitivity, I usually die when I get to the edges of the mat though :P
There is another setting in the game, guard mode mouse sensitivity but never changed it myself.
If you're cursor twitches try blowing out any dust and give the mouse mat a whipe or if it's a soft mat, turn it upside down and slap it a few times to expel as much dust as u can. Also most controllers software has a deadzone setup ?

Hi, thank you for your quick response.
I have tried adjusting all the sensitivity options in and out of the game. The guard mode sensitivity improves the game slightly, but is only a temporary fix.
I should have clarified myself more, as when I said 'twitch' for my mouse, I mean more that my wrist moves every-so-slightly after moving the mouse, causing the small movement. I do keep my mouse setup clean, so I doubt it is dust!
In relation to controllers, it is not the deadzone I am worried about - I actually enjoyed playing with controller! - but as I stated I cannot play without disconnecting due to being allegedly 'inactive' which I am not. Whether or not the servers don't count my controller as a legitimate form of controlling a character, I don't know, but I do know they are working on this fix. What I am annoyed about is that this game have been out for quite a while (if you include both Betas) and they still have problems like this!
Again thank you for your reply, the guard mode setting will hopefully allow me to play this game sufficiently until a proper fix is applied to my issues.

UbiJurassic
02-20-2017, 08:19 PM
Hey Birate98, we have had reports of people being disconnected due to inactivity while using a controller, but only with the Steam controller. We're not currently aware of an issue with the PS4 controller. If you wouldn't mind, we would suggest sending a ticket to Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) that includes your game files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/Details/kA030000000emSbCAI?name=how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files). That way we can investigate the issue and have it resolved. As for the inclusion of a deadzone control on M+K, I can certainly forward the suggestion to the team.