PDA

View Full Version : What is the premier game mode?

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 07:35 PM
What is the "premier" game mode in for honor? Like if there was for honor e-sports what would be the mode they played?

PLEASE NO RANTING ABOUT BALANCE/GAMEPLAY/NETWORKING ISSUES HERE.

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 07:36 PM
What is the "premier" game mode in for honor? Like if there was for honor e-sports what would be the mode they played?

Duels or doubles.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Duels or doubles.

Oh, is that a fact or an opinion? I always imagined it would be one of the 4v4 modes...

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Oh, is that a fact or an opinion? I always imagined it would be one of the 4v4 modes...

Why would it be a 4v4. It takes no skill to gank someone.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Why would it be a 4v4. It takes no skill to gank someone.

I think 4v4 elimination would have great potential if the rules were tweaked a bit.

darksavior1977
02-20-2017, 09:13 PM
Prolly Dominion.

PKUSUB
02-20-2017, 09:14 PM

really dont know that, and i doubt anybody can give u a definite answer. i imagine it being whatever ranked mode is, but that would be out till much later... i think season 2 or something like that

T_Djinn_T
02-20-2017, 09:30 PM

If it's to be about skill it would be 1v1 or 2v2
If it's just going to be a joke it'd be 4v4

All fighting games E-sports is 1v1 or 2v2 There's very very few that can even support more than that. And they've never had a tourney with more

T_Djinn_T
02-20-2017, 09:33 PM
oh. is that why dota is so unpopular? now i know.

Comparing a MOBA to a Fighting game. All your opinions on this topic were just invalidated

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Comparing a MOBA to a Fighting game. All your opinions on this topic were just invalidated

To be fair this is not a normal fighting game.

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 09:55 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena

Yeah, Dominion is actually a MOBA.

But it is also where the newbies and some good players play. It isn't as competitive as 2v2 and 1v1 that is just a fact.

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Why isnīt it as competitive? Thatīs a weird "fact". Because you said so?

What does that even mean?

Everyone who has invested time in all modes know that dominion is typically where the least skilled players play, with duel being the common place for skillful people, and brawls following on from that.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Everyone who has invested time in all modes know that dominion is typically where the least skilled players play, with duel being the common place for skillful people, and brawls following on from that.

Where do you get this info? Do you have any sources? Statistics?

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Where do you get this info? Do you have any sources? Statistics?

Just play the game and you will see.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 10:45 PM

So its an opinion. Thats fine, but its just like, your opinion man.

MrForz
02-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Likely 2vs2 with ganking possibilities. A duel environment with some amount of pressure, motivating you to actually attack and kill your enemy or risk being ganked by the victor of the other duel. Dominion wouldn't be too far behind. Anything that gives the incentive to attack to counteract the advantage of being overly defensive without fighting over boosts and stuff.

Allyrion8
02-20-2017, 10:51 PM

That's because there's no competitive queue for Dominion. If there was, you would quickly see a real meta form.

1v1 is more hardcore now simply because fighting meta is pretty simple. It's basically knowing your character and knowing the enemy. In this game, knowing the environmental hazards as well.

A meta for dominion would include all of that in addition the hero interactions and team composition. How to play objectives, and zone the map.

It doesn't matter if competitive people play duels now. That's natural since that's where you hone your skills. But it doesn't mean that a Competitive Dominion wouldn't find competitive players.

This game is interesting in that it can have both 1v1 and Dominion as competitive e-sports. I consider Dominion the premier mode since that seems where all the development comes together (character customization through feats and gear). I play duel more often than anything though.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 11:08 PM
That's because there's no competitive queue for Dominion. If there was, you would quickly see a real meta form.

1v1 is more hardcore now simply because fighting meta is pretty simple. It's basically knowing your character and knowing the enemy. In this game, knowing the environmental hazards as well.

A meta for dominion would include all of that in addition the hero interactions and team composition. How to play objectives, and zone the map.

It doesn't matter if competitive people play duels now. That's natural since that's where you hone your skills. But it doesn't mean that a Competitive Dominion wouldn't find competitive players.

This game is interesting in that it can have both 1v1 and Dominion as competitive e-sports. I consider Dominion the premier mode since that seems where all the development comes together (character customization through feats and gear). I play duel more often than anything though.

I really, REALLY hope that there wont be a clear team composition meta in this game. I like playing competitively but always found things like that incredibly restrictive and anti-fun (Someone always has to play something they dont want to and it leads to toxicity etc.) I see a lot potential for this game to be focused on different things like tactics and mechanics since theres very little actual interaction between characters and skills are kinda secondary. I really hope this game would focus more on skill rather than picking counter picks and cheesy teamcomps.

Look at OW for example. I have played it quite a lot but recently come tio hate it since its not about cool plays and skill anymore but about choosing the same op heroes and tactics every game and hoping the enemy does something stupid.

Allyrion8
02-20-2017, 11:26 PM
I really, REALLY hope that there wont be a clear team composition meta in this game. I like playing competitively but always found things like that incredibly restrictive and anti-fun (Someone always has to play something they dont want to and it leads to toxicity etc.) I see a lot potential for this game to be focused on different things like tactics and mechanics since theres very little actual interaction between characters and skills are kinda secondary. I really hope this game would focus more on skill rather than picking counter picks and cheesy teamcomps.

Look at OW for example. I have played it quite a lot but recently come tio hate it since its not about cool plays and skill anymore but about choosing the same op heroes and tactics every game and hoping the enemy does something stupid.

The carry potential of this game is far more than OW or any MOBA. Skill matters more.

I think it'd only go so far as you'd want at least one heavy and one vanguard since the former is good at defending a point and that latter gets healed by killing minions.

Inevitably, some heros may not be considered good and fall off the meta. That would be true in comp 1v1 too. I don't think it'll be that bad since the base mechanics are the same for everyone so skill matters more.

It's not like there's dedicated tanks or healers. Heavies are tougher to kill but they don't have any more group utility or mitigation more than a different hero.