PDA

View Full Version : Eliminations is RUINED by Power-ups

DaneW1999
02-20-2017, 07:02 PM
What the **** were you thinking ubi? Spawning people right next to power-ups that double their health-bars is ****ing ludicrous. This needs to be changed ASAP.

Hexos_
02-20-2017, 07:07 PM
I sometimes feel that feats spoil my fun in elims. But the power ups add alot of fun and tactical variation in my opinion.

To clarify, its when u spawn in vs an orichi and he fires off his 2 direct damage feats before you get close and bam! now you almost dead before the first swing.
Not saying it shoudl be removed, but thats more an issue than the power ups...in my opinion

Allyrion8
02-20-2017, 07:11 PM
I would prefer the power ups gone except for maybe the health regen that's in the middle. And you should only be able to pick it up if you've already killed someone.

YungHeadshots
02-20-2017, 07:11 PM
What the **** were you thinking ubi? Spawning people right next to power-ups that double their health-bars is ****ing ludicrous. This needs to be changed ASAP.

It's called map control. Don't let them get free powerups, seems simple enough to me.

Without powerups the winning strat would be to kill 1 guy, then have the whole team run to the corner of the map and wait to get approached.

Gnarxly
02-20-2017, 07:24 PM

Power ups make it more fun? Why are you so restrictive, go pick one yourself.

Haniel_
02-20-2017, 07:28 PM
I sometimes feel that feats spoil my fun in elims. But the power ups add alot of fun and tactical variation in my opinion.

To clarify, its when u spawn in vs an orichi and he fires off his 2 direct damage feats before you get close and bam! now you almost dead before the first swing.
Not saying it shoudl be removed, but thats more an issue than the power ups...in my opinion

Agree.. some of the active-use talents do massive damage, completely upset the 1v1 portion of Elim at the start of a round. But did you know that you can dodge-roll to avoid the Orochi/Nobushi longbow? And of course it's not hard to avoid a ground-aoe bombs in 1v1 (if the user is on top of you, they'll take full damage too).

I'd hate to give up some of the passive feats though, its part of the character building.

Vordred
02-20-2017, 07:33 PM
Elimination should be moved form the Deathmatch Category and placed as a selectable mode with Duel and Brawl, Remove Feats and Powerups. it should just be a Large version of Brawl

Skirmish will now be on it's on in the Death Match thing, Remove Power ups, Power ups have no business in a game like this, you have Feats for boosts and things.

or atleast have two version, Skirmish is with no Power ups, DeathMatch is with Power ups.

DaneW1999
02-21-2017, 01:08 AM
It's called map control. Don't let them get free powerups, seems simple enough to me.

Without powerups the winning strat would be to kill 1 guy, then have the whole team run to the corner of the map and wait to get approached.

I love it when people act like everything can be countered with "strats" to seem like they're pro, yet I guarantee next time your opponent is spawned with an attack damage booster directly behind him and you cant reach it in time, you will feel the same as I.

DaneW1999
02-21-2017, 01:09 AM
Power ups make it more fun? Why are you so restrictive, go pick one yourself.

If it's more fun to you to gain a massive advantage/disadvantage by luck of spawn then you have some sort of learning disorder.

BiZkiT_Walwin
02-21-2017, 01:10 AM
Only thing is when there is a damage power-up right at the spawn as it will just ruin a fair fight but I overall really enjoy the power-ups.

Ragnar---
02-21-2017, 02:22 AM
Elimination should be moved form the Deathmatch Category and placed as a selectable mode with Duel and Brawl, Remove Feats and Powerups. it should just be a Large version of Brawl

Skirmish will now be on it's on in the Death Match thing, Remove Power ups, Power ups have no business in a game like this, you have Feats for boosts and things.

or atleast have two version, Skirmish is with no Power ups, DeathMatch is with Power ups.

I would be down for that. Gear ruins 4v4 right now anyway.