PDA

View Full Version : Faction Wars (To be ignored?)

pure_energist
02-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Does anyone else feel like the faction war isn't being utilized to its fullest due the decision to allow players to ignore this feature because we are not being asked to engage in it?

It becomes a constant reminder to open war map after each session so I'm certain to deploy where help is most needed. I feel like many of the players probably are not paying attention to this feature or become forgetful. If Ubisoft wanted this feature to succeed as intended then why make it so easily ignored.

At default I would like the faction war map to open at the end of every round with a simple button command to spread assets across entire map for those not interested in strategic deployment. 10 seconds of time to preview map and be selective or 2 seconds to rush to next screen that will show gear and exp points earned. Asking players to open the map after a session as the only means to engage is telling players we made this cool feature to enhance the multiplayer experience....but we are also afraid to ask you to use it. Stand by your product or allow apathy to ruin it.

PR0P4NE
02-20-2017, 05:43 PM
I get the impression that the entire game is going to boil down to Faction War after a few months, once we've all done the story four times.. No point in having a cross-platform, persistent, constantly updating game mode if that's not the core intent of the game.

War Assets do get spread automatically if you choose to ignore them but I think in time, as Faction War grows into what we do on a daily basis, more people will begin to dig deeper into this game mechanic.

On console there are also achievements/trophies for engaging with this aspect of the game, so anyone who wants to 100% it will HAVE to mess with it at least at a cursory level.

Knight_Raime
02-20-2017, 05:43 PM
I participate. At the same time though I don't care too much simply because of how flawed it is. the winner of the season will be dictated basically by who ever was at the bottom in the final round. since they get a massive boost. It already feels like it goes in cycles too. Knights have a good morning-afternoon ish push. vikings take the evening by storm and samurai usually dominate the night.

Until they make it so overall progress in the season is a factor it won't ultimately matter. I'd like if key territories were a thing as well. that way who ever holds it gets a bonus. and holding it longer continues to give more points to the side holding it. Basically Faction wars needs a lot more depth.

Twisted-Karma
02-20-2017, 05:57 PM
I think it's down to choice, they have given us the choice to participate or not imo. I do agree it would be more manageable if the territories map opened auto at the end of the round, it would also be nice in 5k res if the cursor actually highlighted the area you wanted to deploy in as opposed to moving the cursor around sporadically, hoping to highlight the area you want to use war assets in.

pure_energist
02-20-2017, 06:05 PM
It is because assets are deployed by default across entire maps that we don't get to have a more engaging experience of fighting for areas. If everyone was being reminded to participate then there would be more interesting captures and defenses. I would like to have an area that I feel I am actually fighting for as I witness the attack and defense numbers drastically change throughout the event.