PDA

View Full Version : Either gear has to MASSIVELY nerfed, or matchmaking needs to change.

MangoUnclaimed
02-20-2017, 05:35 PM
I've just finished with four Dominion games, back to back, with different people, that literally all looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ggkzhKc.png

This isn't fun, for them and particularly not for us. We had people getting revenge in three hits during 1v1 fights, a Nobushi that had stacked Attack so high that he was two-shotting us through our measly defense value, and a Beserker who had stacked so much block damage on his stuff that our blocked attacks against him were still giving us the same damage as he recieved during our unblocked attacks.

It was very close to impossible to beat them, and actually impossible to beat them in any gank situation - with both them and us as the gankers. This needs to be a priority as a solution, because it renders all gear-based gamemodes unplayable for anyone that switches characters regularly or who simply doesn't want to play their main for a bit.

Before anyone says, I know you pick your character after matchmaking. I know that makes it a hard solution. But something has to change, because it renders several gamemodes legitimately unwinnable for anyone trying a new character. Ideally, I honestly think gear should have the hell nerfed out of it - it should be a little extra, not the current game-breaking bonuses it is now. Revenge builds in particular are beyond broken.

Knight_Raime
02-20-2017, 05:38 PM
I only think a few stats gear wise need to be scaled back slightly. Really they just need to make gear score be considered when finding matches.
If you've access to blue gear you have a pretty good chance against someone using purple gear. it's mainly the people who are under rep 1 that suffer the most from geared up heros.

Twisted-Karma
02-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Matchmaking is so random but I also see 2 arguments here.
1, hi ranked gear is acquired way to early in prestige I feel, unless there's more after gold but some guys are able to max out there gear after reaching prestige 3 ?, which is very easy to do with minimal amount of time, what to do/expect for the other 7 prestige ?.
IMO we should have had whites (levels 0-20) < greens(pres 1) < blues (pres 2) < purples (pres 3) < red (pres 4) < yellow (pres 5).
2, matchmaking should also be done to what gear score they have like all whites together and all blues together or as close as etc. The difference in gear stats is just too big to place whites with golds, it is literally just unfair.

Fuzzybutts
02-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Maybe have your hero selected before queing, then have the matchmaking work with your gear score from there? Team comp doesn't seem to matter much.

HarambeVendetta
02-20-2017, 06:33 PM
^

Ragnar---
02-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Vote in my thread for an optional 4v4 mode without gear stats.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1582649-Do-you-want-a-4v4-mode-with-no-gear-(poll)

Twisted-Karma
02-20-2017, 07:02 PM
Vote in my thread for an optional 4v4 mode without gear stats.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1582649-Do-you-want-a-4v4-mode-with-no-gear-(poll)

We want to use gear, that's half the point in progressing ? the other half is for fun (mostly lol).
We just want ubisoft to address/fix the unbalanced matchmaking with those that like to use gear, division for example has a really good example of using tiers and gear score for matchmaking. Heck I think nearly every small scale war game out there has this ?
With games of 16 players or more, I don't think gear score or alike has any significance unless it was stacked as per the OP, I have seen games stacked greater than this

It would also be nice to be able to quit or leave a game before it has started if you think the game is stacked or isn't for you, without a penalty.
Once the match has started then fair play.

Datafiend
02-20-2017, 07:15 PM
It would be nice to have an option in all modes to disable feats and gear stats.

Haniel_
02-20-2017, 07:19 PM
If FH's matchmaking system is working, and you're playing against people like that while being new, either they're terrible or you've been doing quite well. Just remember that eventually, and rather soon, everyone will have maxed gear for at least their main character.

MangoUnclaimed
02-20-2017, 07:30 PM
If FH's matchmaking system is working, and you're playing against people like that while being new, either they're terrible or you've been doing quite well. Just remember that eventually, and rather soon, everyone will have maxed gear for at least their main character.

But why are you acting like that's not a problem? The system you describe means a player with a single decently ranked main has to either always play that one character, or simply get slaughtered? IT forces all players to choose a single character and stick with it, or run into all the problems with gear stats being massively inflated and enemies chaing revenge or damage through block - as though learning a new character wasn't already a challenge.

IN fact, the "one hero main" is exactly the problem that gear stats will cause.

Galeplay
02-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Maybe have your hero selected before queing, then have the matchmaking work with your gear score from there? Team comp doesn't seem to matter much.

This is great idea!

Twisted-Karma
02-20-2017, 07:40 PM
This is great idea!

+1 It also gave me the idea to put it in the other thread.