PDA

View Full Version : Who here is actually honorable?

zeratul__12
02-20-2017, 05:29 PM
What I mean by this is who here actually lets other players 1v1 an opponent, rather than rushing in to 'help' them.

I always let my partner/s fight their own battles even if they are gonna lose because of it. Cause how are they supposed to improve if I keep lending them a hand.

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 05:31 PM
What I mean by this is who here actually lets other players 1v1 an opponent, rather than rushing in to 'help' them.

I always let my partner/s fight their own battles even if they are gonna lose because of it. Cause how are they supposed to improve if I keep lending them a hand.

I will be honorable in 2v2s, unless the enemy isn't then I won't be. However in 4v4, it is kill or be killed!

Munktor
02-20-2017, 05:33 PM
If you want 1v1, play the 1v1 mode...

If you want 2v2, they have a mode for that too.

If you want 4v4 chaos where anything goes, well, you guessed it - they have a mode for that too.

Why play 4v4 or 2v2 and request 1v1? That makes literally no sense.

zeratul__12
02-20-2017, 05:35 PM

If you want 4v4 chaos where anything goes, well, you guessed it - they have a mode for that too.

Why play 4v4 and request 1v1? That makes literally no sense.

Ok you clearly missed what I was saying.

Regardless of the mode I let my partner face an opponent alone so that they can improve and be more honorable.

The only time I get involved is when someone else tries to interfere

Munktor
02-20-2017, 05:50 PM

Regardless of the mode I let my partner face an opponent alone so that they can improve and be more honorable.

No, I completely understood what you were saying. In essence, you'd rather hurt your team in a team-mode instead of just playing 1v1. I got that loud and clear. If they wanted to 1v1, they'd be in a 1v1 mode, not a 2v2 or 4v4. They're probably wondering, "why is my teammate just standing there, what an idiot!"

Why? Because they didn't select 1v1, they selected 2v2 or 4v4.

I'm guessing you missed my point, so I went overboard explaining it.

zeratul__12
02-20-2017, 05:54 PM
No, I completely understood what you were saying. In essence, you'd rather hurt your team in a team-mode instead of just playing 1v1. I got that loud and clear. If they wanted to 1v1, they'd be in a 1v1 mode, not a 2v2 or 4v4. They're probably wondering, "why is my teammate just standing there, what an idiot!"

Why? Because they didn't select 1v1, they selected 2v2 or 4v4.

I'm guessing you missed my point, so I went overboard explaining it.

Ok then I can see it from that perspective.

So you dont find it annoying when someone else finishes off your opponent?

Furholden
02-20-2017, 05:56 PM
If you want to be "honorable", stick to 1v1 mode.

Don't be selfish and drag your teammates down just because you feel righteous about your actions.

I honestly can't understand why these "honorable" players can't seem to queue for a regular 1v1 duel mode.

Zv1k0
02-20-2017, 05:56 PM
1v1 and 2v2 modes are considered honorable fights for most of the people so im gonna be honorable in those if my enemy is as well. Mostly they are. In 4v4 is completely different and i havent seen anyone do it and i dont have a problem with it and im gonna gank because i know they would too. In 2v2 i havent experienced unhonorable opponents yet but i dont play that much 2v2s. In 1v1 duels i wont even use the environment if my opponent doesnt. But i dont have a problem with it. If you gank me or push me off map, fine. Its there for you to use it so go ahead. Only thing that annoys me are pussies who run away at the start just to gank others or at the end in 1v4 situations...just wasting everyones time..

Roman672
02-20-2017, 05:59 PM
This is a post I left on a forum titles "The Honor Police"

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581033-The-Honor-Police-1vs1/page13

I encourage the read, it's a little scrolling, but the simple fact of the matter is that this is a video game where-in all game modes outside of 1v1 duels don't have this convoluted ideal of honor a lot of people seem to have. Look at the definition of honor that's in that post, it's not at all what most people seem to idealize. There is a difference between honor and chivalry. A lot of people, alone with the title of this post, have the ideal of chivalry. Chivalry is giving your opponent even odds with a 1v1 fight. You see an act of chivalry delivered in the story campaign in a fight between the warder and a viking. At the end of the fight, the loser is conveyed that they "fought with honor." It only means that they fought with esteem and are praised for the challenge the put up. That it! In battles, or war, there is a fine line between chivalry and stupidity. If you outnumber the opponent, the nicest thing that can be done is to offer them surrender and take them as prisoners of war. Nobody would ever rely on the last enemy being finished off by their best warrior. Kill them until they submit or kill them all. So in 1v1, preformulated for skill against skill alone. "So you'll put down your rock, i'll put down my sword, and we'll settle this like civilized people?" - The Dread Pirate Roberts (The Princess Bride). Everything else is about team winning and that means a gang of places may beat you into submission. Welcome to the rules of war.

KingslayerMibu
02-20-2017, 06:08 PM
I only see in 2 vs 2 that the other player waits for a 1 vs 1 and not a 2 vs 1

Munktor
02-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Ok then I can see it from that perspective.

So you dont find it annoying when someone else finishes off your opponent?

Not at all.

In the 2v2 mode, the goal is to finish your opponent quickly to go and provide assistance to your teammate. Basically, both teams are trying to get a 2v1.

One of the strategies is to LEAVE your opponent and run to your teammate to create a quick 2v1 scenario, or to counter the enemies attempt to create a 2v1.

Why have 2v2 if the point was to only 1v1? It makes very little sense when you think about it.

Fuzzybutts
02-20-2017, 06:25 PM
There is no honor in watching a teammate die. There is no honor in holding back. There is no honor in death.

There is only honor in playing the game and having fun with it.

Cipher_73
02-20-2017, 06:30 PM

So let's flip the coin. He was there getting his butt beat and sees a friendly "YOU" inbound and thinks "ok cool, help is coming so we can capture this zone and win".

Instead, you sit and watch as the enemy skewers your teammate, and then turns to clobber you.

The enemy says "hey bud, thanks for not attacking me so I can kill your friend. That was really cool of you bro!"

You say "No probs! I was just trying to teach my teammate the code of Honorable conduct".

The enemy replies "that's cool, you should do that more often. That way we can win'. As you turn around and get killed by his buddy that came up on your flank and shot an arrow through your head.

Yeah, ignorance is bliss.

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Not at all.

In the 2v2 mode, the goal is to finish your opponent quickly to go and provide assistance to your teammate. Basically, both teams are trying to get a 2v1.

One of the strategies is to LEAVE your opponent and run to your teammate to create a quick 2v1 scenario, or to counter the enemies attempt to create a 2v1.

Why have 2v2 if the point was to only 1v1? It makes very little sense when you think about it.

If that was the case why would they separate both players?

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Why don't they actually seperate you then?
You could start in locked rooms and the gates only open when one of the occupants dies.
Then the two survivors face each other.
This is however not a thing.

They seperate you somewhat and if you place an assassin (which is a lot of the time), you won't be able to run as they can do their thrust attacks to catch up to you.

KuroFurukou
02-20-2017, 06:50 PM

To give players a place where they can be not bothered. While not being invulnerable to the others. It's easy to join up the other.

A map in the Myre is basicly a 2 vs 2 where all player are in a tiny corridor.

Allyrion8
02-20-2017, 06:54 PM
In 2v2, I won't help my teammate finish his fight unless the opponent makes it into a team fight. I only 2v2 with people I know anyway.

The swamp map is the exception since you aren't really separated. I don't get people pointing out that you only have duels in 1v1. In 2v2 you are separated, so it's implied you finish your fight. If the enemy finishes your allies, the victors fight.

I don't get upset if the enemy does it differently but I find it less enjoyable. It's not really the same as 1v1 either.

In 4v4, I am less strict. I do think since it's separated in elim, you should finish your own fight before helping others. But you should help. Even more so in the other modes where you're not given a set opponent.

There's a caveat though. Helping can hurt more often than not unless it's 4/3v1.

Ever had an nearly dead enemy run away because your friend came swinging? Or more commonly fed them revenge so that they could turn the fight?

Help tactfully and you don't have to help if your ally is really winning. You might stop them from securing a kill because the enemy has more uptime if they run and heal up.

SadJaface
02-20-2017, 06:55 PM
I play with "honor" if it suits my mood, but it's a tactical folly to do so. I don't play to watch other people duel, though. Usually I have a limited time to play and a lot of contracts to get though, so I'd rather just be called names by the occasional pissed off rando than watch 3 duels in an elimination match, only to be ganked in the next round.

Funeragon
02-20-2017, 06:56 PM

Don't be selfish and drag your teammates down just because you feel righteous about your actions.

I honestly can't understand why these "honorable" players can't seem to queue for a regular 1v1 duel mode.

Maybe it's annoying to fight the same opponents again and again and to have no one to speak with.
What if i wanna play with 2 friends of mine, but wanna just duels ?

Mathonn
02-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Plenty of people around here are honorable.

Plenty of people around here allow 1v1s.

The two, however, are not mutually dependent.

Honor is a concept based in principles; if you and I don't adhere to the same principles, then our concepts of honor will not be the same.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 08:13 PM

So it actually creates the element of strategy.

You have to choose to abandon your fight to assist in the other fight, in which your current opponent has to chase you (or double back to his friendly).

If they started everyone next to eachother, there would be no assistance dynamic. The goal is to win your 1v1 first so you can have a 2v1, or abandon your 1v1 and try and push a quick 2v1. Either way, the goal is NOT to only 1v1. They have a 1v1 mode for that.

Thanapetus
02-20-2017, 08:18 PM

If you are playing dominion you are failing your team by chasing KD ratios or not trying to cap objectives

Who cares about duels...duels are -----------> way.

Dollars to donuts you play a Orochi, PK, Beserker or Nodachi

Sugaroverdose
02-20-2017, 08:32 PM

I always let my partner/s fight their own battles even if they are gonna lose because of it. Cause how are they supposed to improve if I keep lending them a hand.I never help bad players in their 1v1, but because of other reason - they are free revenge generators.

forrest0755
02-20-2017, 09:22 PM
Maybe it's annoying to fight the same opponents again and again and to have no one to speak with.

Thats sounds like a you problem.

forrest0755
02-20-2017, 09:24 PM
If you are playing dominion you are failing your team by chasing KD ratios or not trying to cap objectives

I have had games where my team in Dominion never try to capture a single objective. We lost embarrasingly. I only had 1 kill, but had three times the points the rest of my team did because while they were busy wasting their times killing the same guy over and over again, I was actually trying to capture objectives

Hangster_96
02-20-2017, 09:27 PM

People like you easily said that but when you get Gang Bang, you all cry the same tears LMAO

Leon026
02-20-2017, 09:36 PM
The whole war is hell and such other wannabe tactical mastermind bravado is fine and all...

....but you gain little to anything by actually winning a game, and faction warfare is a farce.

If you have fun ganking people in 3v1, but all means do so. I for one, and others here that might be more extreme on the "Honor" slider would rather have a good fight, win or lose, and be able to say "yup, I had a good game, I had fun".

The inherent problem lies in not accepting that people other than yourself have other forms of enjoyment and believe that the same enjoyment should be applied to all - and that goes for both extremes on the Honor-Dishonor spectrum.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 09:44 PM
People like you easily said that but when you get Gang Bang, you all cry the same tears LMAO

Well, I play mostly dominion and have yet to cry any tears. It's almost as if i'm expecting teams to *gasp* team-up in a team mode. Crazy huh?

Munktor
02-20-2017, 09:46 PM
The whole war is hell and such other wannabe tactical mastermind bravado is fine and all...

....but you gain little to anything by actually winning a game, and faction warfare is a farce.

If you have fun ganking people in 3v1, but all means do so. I for one, and others here that might be more extreme on the "Honor" slider would rather have a good fight, win or lose, and be able to say "yup, I had a good game, I had fun".

The inherent problem lies in not accepting that people other than yourself have other forms of enjoyment and believe that the same enjoyment should be applied to all - and that goes for both extremes on the Honor-Dishonor spectrum.

You have a mode DEDICATED to that mindset...it's called 1v1.

You can also create custom games of 4v4 with 7 of your "1v1 only" friends if that's your thing.

Coming here to tell people to stop playing a team-game in a team-game like a team is probably not the smartest way of approaching your "problem" =)

forrest0755
02-20-2017, 09:53 PM
I love these people who act like Duel takes more skill. I have played duel. Its most people playing as assassins spamming the same thing over and over. It doesn't take skill to be A peace keeper and endlessly dodge and quick attack. Nor does it take skill to play as a Nobushi and just keep spamming quickatatck in different directions.

Trustful_Whale
02-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Honor is for baddies, I'm here to enforce the LAW.

zeratul__12
02-20-2017, 10:23 PM

Actually I play as the Warden, currently at Rep 2

Yeah KD doesnt really matter in the long run. You can just park yourself at an objective and double the points gathered from holding it. Ive often done this and had consistently been at the top of the endgame leaderboard.

But anther thing as to why I dont help people is because I would just be a hinderance rather than a help. When someone tries to 'help' me they often just get in the way, I'll be one move a way from killing an opponent and suddenly I get swung at by a 'friend' interrupting my attack animation and giving the enemy a chance to strike; killing me. It pisses me off to no end being killed because of anothers incompetence.

j3cdSTL
02-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Easy solution but I don't think it'd happen....

You pick your match (2v2/4v4) and select your character. During that extra 45 seconds of downtime before the match initiates, what if there were another game dynamic (popup window), say Ubi names it "TEAM STRATEGY", and the team could coordinate their play styles? For example:

TEAM STRATEGY

Press X if you adhere to a gentleman's code and will wait for your teammate to finish their opponent.

Press Y if there isn't such a thing in war, the enemy must die.

Obviously the verbiage doesn't matter, but the point is that you then know at the beginning of the match what page your teammates are on. There's no "unspoken rule of honor", you set your team strategy by making everyone on your team aware so there's no question where the votes lay (like a map vote).

There seems to be a lot of people reading the "Honor Police" threads trying to figure out the right way to play. A simple team strategy choice might help clear the air with what everyone can expect from their team during the coming match.

Braegulfer
02-20-2017, 10:59 PM
I don't care either way, honestly. During brawls, I WILL wait one fight to see if they're jumping in, and if they're doing the whole (scoff) HONOR thing, I'll join them in this because even though I think it's kind of stupid I truly want other people to have fun playing, but if they jump in on my fight after finishing off their opponent I don't get irritated either, I know it's ON!

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 11:02 PM

Depends on the mode. In skirmish and dominion i see no reason to be honorable if the other team doesnt ask for it but in 2v2 and elimination i think its much more fun if everyone "waits their turn".

Fuzzybutts
02-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Easy solution but I don't think it'd happen....

You pick your match (2v2/4v4) and select your character. During that extra 45 seconds of downtime before the match initiates, what if there were another game dynamic (popup window), say Ubi names it "TEAM STRATEGY", and the team could coordinate their play styles? For example:

TEAM STRATEGY

Press X if you adhere to a gentleman's code and will wait for your teammate to finish their opponent.

Press Y if there isn't such a thing in war, the enemy must die.

Obviously the verbiage doesn't matter, but the point is that you then know at the beginning of the match what page your teammates are on. There's no "unspoken rule of honor", you set your team strategy by making everyone on your team aware so there's no question where the votes lay (like a map vote).

There seems to be a lot of people reading the "Honor Police" threads trying to figure out the right way to play. A simple team strategy choice might help clear the air with what everyone can expect from their team during the coming match.

I'll admit, if my teammate refused to help me in a struggle cuz honor' in 2v2/4v4 modes I'm quitting and leaving them with a bot. Why? Because thats the equivelant of someone refusing to cooperate with you as a form of griefing/trolling. Its literally exactly the same. If your not ressurecting teammates in 4v4 because your code of honor doesn't allow it, your in the same category as a griefer imho.

Braegulfer
02-20-2017, 11:09 PM
I'll admit, if my teammate refused to help me in a struggle cuz honor' in 2v2/4v4 modes I'm quitting and leaving them with a bot. Why? Because thats the equivelant of someone refusing to cooperate with you as a form of griefing/trolling. Its literally exactly the same. If your not ressurecting teammates in 4v4 because your code of honor doesn't allow it, your in the same category as a griefer imho.

I feel the exact same in 4v4s, they're just refusing to cooperate and work as a team, which imho, is WAY ruder than NOT jumping on the bang train.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 11:19 PM
I feel the exact same in 4v4s, they're just refusing to cooperate and work as a team, which imho, is WAY ruder than NOT jumping on the bang train.

No its not. I you cant handle duels its your own damn fault. Backstabbing people is extremely cheesy and takes all the skill involved out of the game. Resurrecting is completely approvable in my opinion though. Otherwise there would be no point in playing elimination instead of duels.

Before you ask why i dont play duels only: I have friends and we like to play together, also in elimination theres a whole other mechanic of guarding the corpses of the enemy so they dont get a res. Plus fighting in duels creates a way more exciting and fun game. That is my opinion though, but when considering how to act in the game its much better to respect that some people dont want a cheesy gank bs fest rather than just being a **** and ruin the game.

Gnarxly
02-20-2017, 11:23 PM

Ironicaly you are even worse than those who you hate. It's like head banging your head against a wall hoping for positive results.

Fuzzybutts
02-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Ironicaly you are even worse than those who you hate. It's like head banging your head against a wall hoping for positive results.

Better than being stuck with a teammate who isn't even a teammate.

Avlaen
02-20-2017, 11:33 PM
Better than being stuck with a teammate who isn't even a teammate.

Agreed, why even have a team mate if they arent going to play as a team?

Munktor
02-20-2017, 11:38 PM
Agreed, why even have a team mate if they arent going to play as a team?

Because these "Honor" players are selfish enough to go into team-modes, but too dumb to recognize the 1v1 serves them best.

I think the reality is the 1v1 duel doesn't provide gear bonuses. So really, the thing to do is make a "gear enabled" and "gear disabled" 1v1 duel option.

Then maybe, just maybe, the 1v1 duelers would stop going into team-modes and complaining about people fighting in teams.

Braegulfer
02-20-2017, 11:40 PM
No its not. I you cant handle duels its your own damn fault. Backstabbing people is extremely cheesy and takes all the skill involved out of the game. Resurrecting is completely approvable in my opinion though. Otherwise there would be no point in playing elimination instead of duels.

Before you ask why i dont play duels only: I have friends and we like to play together, also in elimination theres a whole other mechanic of guarding the corpses of the enemy so they dont get a res. Plus fighting in duels creates a way more exciting and fun game. That is my opinion though, but when considering how to act in the game its much better to respect that some people dont want a cheesy gank bs fest rather than just being a **** and ruin the game.

Well, since I usually queue up with a bunch of randos and you and your buddies are already communicating with voice and used to working together as a pre-made, I think you've got enough of a + advantage where helping one of my teammates out shouldn't impact your W/L ratio all that much. So you guys want to queue as a pre-made AND want everyone else to play by your rules. Get out of here with that noise--the hubris is amazing, amazing I say. Of course you're FINE with rezzes, you're able to TELL your friends EXACTLY where your body is, who you're fighting, how much life they have left, they're reliance on a single combo, etc.

Leon026
02-20-2017, 11:43 PM
You have a mode DEDICATED to that mindset...it's called 1v1.

You can also create custom games of 4v4 with 7 of your "1v1 only" friends if that's your thing.

Coming here to tell people to stop playing a team-game in a team-game like a team is probably not the smartest way of approaching your "problem" =)

I, and other people (including yourself) will play the game the way we want, thank you very much. If that involves ganking or 'honorable fights' or face-sitting people on ladders or throwing people off ledges or guard break spamming.

Coming here to tell people to stop playing the game they bought and want to enjoy is probably not the smartest way of approaching the problem.

And for that matter, I'm not telling anyone what to do or not to do. The "my way or the highway" mindset of both spectrums IS a problem. But that polarized opinion with zero willingness to compromise seems to be the new thing of the decade in society so color me unsurprised.

Braegulfer
02-20-2017, 11:45 PM
I, and other people (including yourself) will play the game the way we want, thank you very much. If that involves ganking or 'honorable fights' or face-sitting people on ladders or throwing people off ledges or guard break spamming.

Coming here to tell people to stop playing the game they bought and want to enjoy is probably not the smartest way of approaching the problem.

And for that matter, I'm not telling anyone what to do or not to do. The "my way or the highway" mindset of both spectrums IS a problem. But that polarized opinion with zero willingness to compromise seems to be the new thing of the decade in society so color me unsurprised.

Binary absolutism is a human condition--very few people think in shades of grey. Props to you.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 11:50 PM

But you're asking for a team-game to be played as a 1v1...

There is already a mode designed for 1v1...

Nobody is telling you HOW to play the game, i'm just advising you it's moronic to think 1v1's will occur in general during a 4v4 (or 2v2 for that matter) match.

I'm not telling you how to play the game, i'm providing you (and the OP) with the current set of options you have, and adding some prudent advice. If you keep expecting people to 1v1 in the team-modes, you WILL continue to be disappointed.

By all means, please feel free to continue to be disappointed. When you're ready for the disappointment to end, you can take some of my advice on the other modes available to you, where you will find that "honorable 1v1 duel" every match.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 11:53 PM
Binary absolutism is a human condition--very few people think in shades of grey. Props to you.

This isn't a matter of philosophy, or even abstract thought within life. This is a matter of game mechanics within a videogame where (ironically enough) most of it is coded with binary absolutes.

If we were talking about honor as it applies to a code or morals in general, i'd be all for the discussion. But the OP is literally referring to honor as a part of the game's design within the team-modes.

It isn't a matter of grey, or "outside the box thinking". It's literally an incorrect assumption within a finite reality.

Braegulfer
02-20-2017, 11:56 PM
This isn't a matter of philosophy, or even abstract thought within life. This is a matter of game mechanics within a videogame where (ironically enough) most of it is coded with binary absolutes.

If we were talking about honor as it applies to a code or morals in general, i'd be all for the discussion. But the OP is literally referring to honor as a part of the game's design within the team-modes.

It isn't a matter of grey, or "outside the box thinking". It's literally an incorrect assumption within a finite reality.

I was specifically referring to his "not telling other people how to play," part of his latest post. I don't agree, I definitively think in absolutes and if my crap teammate won't help me out in a 4v4 he can finish the match with a bot replacement. But I agree with playing the way one wants, just not as my teammate. ;)

Munktor
02-20-2017, 11:57 PM
I was specifically referring to his "not telling other people how to play," part of his latest post. I don't agree, I definitively think in absolutes and if my crap teammate won't help me out in a 4v4 he can finish the match with a bot replacement. But I agree with playing the way one wants, just not as my teammate. ;)

Haha, ok, fair enough. But when the game mechanics are the argument itself, it's less telling someone how to play and is moreso explaining the rules of the game =)

KD_Kanelbullen
02-21-2017, 12:05 AM
Well, since I usually queue up with a bunch of randos and you and your buddies are already communicating with voice and used to working together as a pre-made, I think you've got enough of a + advantage where helping one of my teammates out shouldn't impact your W/L ratio all that much. So you guys want to queue as a pre-made AND want everyone else to play by your rules. Get out of here with that noise--the hubris is amazing, amazing I say. Of course you're FINE with rezzes, you're able to TELL your friends EXACTLY where your body is.

Its not about W/L ratio. Its about enjoying the game. Most people that i have met on the enemy team or my team are usually happy to play "honorably" which means im not alone with this. And no, just because we can communicate wont help me when i have almost won a duel and then some ****tard charges me in the back and i die. No amount of communication can fix that. Even if one of my teammates were able to warn me i am sure to lose the 2v1 situation (yes i have won 2v1 in the past but usually its just a cheesy death sentence). "helping one of my teammates out shouldn't impact your W/L ratio all that much". Ummmmm.... what? as i said before someone charging you in the middle of a duel is almost a guaranteed death so how exactly do you think my premade helps me with a 2v1 situation? And lets be honest. Its less about "helping out" rather than trying to score an easy cheese kill from an unwary opponent.

And you do realize that you too can tell your team EXACTLY where you are by pressing one button? You can ping your corpses location to your team. Its actually what we use too even in a premade since pinging them and showing where i am is much more effective than trying to describe the place im at.

I understand that you feel differently about this, and its fine. but you have to understand that it really ruines peoples matches when you dont respect how they want to play. And btw, its not OUR rules. We ask people to play only 1v1 and alkmost every time people agree. We are not toxic like you.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 12:07 AM
...i have almost won a duel and then some ****tard charges me in the back and i die..

You didn't almost win a duel though...you almost killed 1 of the enemies within a brawl.

See, 1v1 is the only mode marked as a duel. Why? Because it's the only mode designed for 1v1 honorable combat. All the other modes are marked as brawls, deathmatch, skirmish, or dominion. All of which imply multiple people are fighting at the same time. None of them are "duels".

T_Djinn_T
02-21-2017, 12:14 AM

FOR HONOR! FOR GLORY! FOR LEDGE KIL- Oh wait... Well...

KD_Kanelbullen
02-21-2017, 12:19 AM
You didn't almost win a duel though...you almost killed 1 of the enemies within a brawl.

See, 1v1 is the only mode marked as a duel. Why? Because it's the only mode designed for 1v1 honorable combat. All the other modes are marked as brawls, deathmatch, skirmish, or dominion. All of which imply multiple people are fighting at the same time. None of them are "duels".

Lets stay on the actual subject here. What some of the people here are saying is that in elimination, they dont care about other people but gank and backstab like cowards because even though other people in the match would want to play "honorably". I have never demanded people to do that. I always ask if people would like to play like that and most of the time they happily agree since most people seem to hate those cheesekills too (wonder why...?) If they dont want to play like that, then i dont like it but i wont complain and i know to prepare for it the best i can. But these kind of people that come ruining peoples games because they just dont care about anyone, or worse flame at their own temmates for not "helping them out" really ruin the experience for me. Ive found these people to also be the most toxic and ill mannered poeple there.

When both halves have agreed (atleast for the most part) to play the game as 1v1 only, then id consider it as a duel. The term we use is irrelevant though. The point still stands. When we have agreed to play only 1v1, then its incredibly disrespectful for one or two people to violate that agreement. Sure, the official rules dont deny it but its a **** move. And im sure these guys dont really care about that and thats my problem.

All im saying is that its only decent to respect other people. If people wouldnt want to play only 1v1 i would definitely not play elimination anymore. But thankfully till this moment most people ive played with/against agree with me so until people dont im gonna keep playing.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 12:23 AM
Lets stay on the actual subject here. What some of the people here are saying is that in elimination, they dont care about other people but gank and backstab like cowards because even though other people in the match would want to play "honorably". I have never demanded people to do that. I always ask if people would like to play like that and most of the time they happily agree since most people seem to hate those cheesekills too (wonder why...?) If they dont want to play like that, then i dont like it but i wont complain and i know to prepare for it the best i can. But these kind of people that come ruining peoples games because they just dont care about anyone, or worse flame at their own temmates for not "helping them out" really ruin the experience for me. Ive found these people to also be the most toxic and ill mannered poeple there.

When both halves have agreed (atleast for the most part) to play the game as 1v1 only, then id consider it as a duel. The term we use is irrelevant though. The point still stands. When we have agreed to play only 1v1, then its incredibly disrespectful for one or two people to violate that agreement. Sure, the official rules dont deny it but its a **** move. And im sure these guys dont really care about that and thats my problem.

All im saying is that its only decent to respect other people. If people wouldnt want to play only 1v1 i would definitely not play elimination anymore. But thankfully till this moment most people ive played with/against agree with me so until people dont im gonna keep playing.

If everyone had agreed, you wouldn't have the issue...right?

This directly implies to a person like myself that everyone didn't agree. You are asking people that joined a TEAM GAME to stop playing it LIKE A TEAM. You are in essence joining the wrong game mode for your wants (a 1v1 duel) and then telling others they're being disrespectful.

The term you use is not irrelevant when it mirrors names of game modes. There is only one mode for duels. That is duel, and it's a 1v1 for obvious reasons.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-21-2017, 12:33 AM
If everyone had agreed, you wouldn't have the issue...right?

This directly implies to a person like myself that everyone didn't agree. You are asking people that joined a TEAM GAME to stop playing it LIKE A TEAM. You are in essence joining the wrong game mode for your wants (a 1v1 duel) and then telling others they're being disrespectful.

The term you use is not irrelevant when it mirrors names of game modes. There is only one mode for duels. That is duel, and it's a 1v1 for obvious reasons.

I wouldnt call this an issue for me per se. As i said most people agree with me. And what? you mean that if theres 1 guy in the match that disagrees with all the others we should do what he wants because,,......? I already said that i ask people if its okay and if most people dont want to play like it then its ok for me. But my problem is with people who think that even though they are the only one who disagrees they think its fine to ruin other peoples matches.

I can adapt and play what the majority wants, you guys cant. And THAT is my problem. But im done talking. Ive argued enough on the internet to know that i wont persuade you to see my point no matter how hard i try, so this will be my last post.

Just know that if you ragequit because the people in the game doesnt want to do what you want, you are immature and toxic and should probably learn to make compromises some times.

Btw, who are you to say what is playing like a team and what isnt?

And yes, if you go against the will of the majority and ruin the experience for the others you ARE disrespectful.

Furholden
02-21-2017, 12:47 AM
Well simply-put, if you bring your 1v1 duel mentality into a 2v2 or 4v4, you are pretty much just being a griefer and a quite frankly it's literally trolling your own teammates.

Sirrkas
02-21-2017, 01:54 AM
I donīt get, why people argue so much about this topic. Usually the ones calling others not playing with honor, are the worst ones. They attack one during the killanimation or start the 2vs1 but then complain about 1vs2?

Furholden
02-21-2017, 01:59 AM
I'm not going to argue with you, but you miss the part where you ruin my game by expecting me to play like you.
If you expect me to 1 vs 1 in a 2 vs 2, you are ruining it for me.
Also, quit the majority BS.
There is no most people.
Most people I meet end up in a bloody chaotic mess in Brawl.
100% of my Brawl games do not include duelling.
Am I the majority now?
Do most people agree with me now?
1 vs 1 Duel consistently has low activity while Dominion consistently has very high activity.
This tells you something about how people like to play this game.
Clue: Not 1 vs 1
You claim the other camp are not considerate or respectful only because they don't do exactly what you want them to.
You are trying to suggest your personal preferences are actually the rules of play.
Some massive ego issues here, but this is not a counselling session so I'm not going there.

That's well-said. Either 1v1 duel in the intended game mode, or brawl like everyone else in 2v2 / 4v4.

I'm still clueless on how these trolls queue for a 2v2 and expect a 1v1.

feuerundblut
02-21-2017, 02:00 AM
'I die with honor but I kill with malice' -two blades for dancing partners...

AkenoKobayashi
02-21-2017, 02:32 AM
The only time I consider anything honorable is the 10 Renown I get for an Honorable kill.

yOsHiArTs
02-21-2017, 02:49 AM
Wtf is the game called For Honor than? If there's no honor in everything we do, its not called Some Honor, or 1v1 Honor.......

Stubbs-SR1
02-21-2017, 03:19 AM
FOR
Please for the love of God look up FOR in a dictionary. It does not mean with. Then look up HONOR. It has multiple meanings.

Yup. The way I've interpreted the title is fighting towards fulfilling your oath/pledge towards the order/faction you decided to pick. It's also a big plot point within the knight story. "I swore an oath to fight for peace. You did too. All of you." the character isn't HONORING his/her pledge and feels horrible about it.

Kiiyor
02-21-2017, 03:21 AM

I AM*

1v1, or 2v2, I'll never stoop so low as to interfere, even if we're losing. I'll even let the winner regain their stamina, if i'm to fight them next.

*Note: in dominion or any 4v4 mode, I'm more than happy to gank, ledge push, ladder kill, honorable retreat, Death From Above or generally troll the enemy team. In fact, the more fair the fight, the more I want to make a special point of making it unfair. NO LUBE. NO HONOR. NO REGRETS.

Braegulfer
02-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Its not about W/L ratio. Its about enjoying the game. Most people that i have met on the enemy team or my team are usually happy to play "honorably" which means im not alone with this. And no, just because we can communicate wont help me when i have almost won a duel and then some ****tard charges me in the back and i die. No amount of communication can fix that. Even if one of my teammates were able to warn me i am sure to lose the 2v1 situation (yes i have won 2v1 in the past but usually its just a cheesy death sentence). "helping one of my teammates out shouldn't impact your W/L ratio all that much". Ummmmm.... what? as i said before someone charging you in the middle of a duel is almost a guaranteed death so how exactly do you think my premade helps me with a 2v1 situation? And lets be honest. Its less about "helping out" rather than trying to score an easy cheese kill from an unwary opponent.

And you do realize that you too can tell your team EXACTLY where you are by pressing one button? You can ping your corpses location to your team. Its actually what we use too even in a premade since pinging them and showing where i am is much more effective than trying to describe the place im at.

I understand that you feel differently about this, and its fine. but you have to understand that it really ruines peoples matches when you dont respect how they want to play. And btw, its not OUR rules. We ask people to play only 1v1 and alkmost every time people agree. We are not toxic like you.

So...it's not YOUR rules you're just asking? Sounds like you're asking people to play by your rules to me. Also, because I choose to play the way I want (the whole crux of YOUR argument) and NOT abuse mechanics, but play with them as they are implemented I'M toxic? Really dude? So anyone who doesn't play the way you want is toxic? I'm guessing you were the kid who owned all the toys but only let other kids play with them if they played the way you wanted. Sorry man, but you contradict yourself all over this response. I win 2v1s all the time because of the revenge mechanic and zone attacks. Sometimes 3v1s and twice 4v1s. Getting butthurt when somebody doesn't play the way YOU want is the very definition of infantile and categorizing them as a ****-tard or toxic because they disagree with you is morally ambiguous at best, and reeks of intolerance of anyone who chooses to have an opinion different than yours.

Munktor
02-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Btw, who are you to say what is playing like a team and what isnt?

And yes, if you go against the will of the majority and ruin the experience for the others you ARE disrespectful.

Again, i'm not telling you how to play. Feel free to play however you wish. My only point is that it's very clear that a brawl is a team vs team fight. Not two separate 1v1's occurring at the same time. That's why it's called a "brawl". A brawl normally refers to a group fight. The word is often used when there are groups of people fighting at the same time. It's what the devs intended for 2v2 and 4v4.

Most people are going to go into such thinking it's a group fight, not an honor duel twice (2v2) or 4 separate honor duels (4v4). That's all i'm really getting at. Call me what you will, I don't really mind.

Reign
02-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Ever seen wolves take down prey? They do it in packs, I am a wolf. For Apollyon, For Honor!!!!! ;)

Braegulfer
02-21-2017, 03:48 PM
Again, i'm not telling you how to play. Feel free to play however you wish. My only point is that it's very clear that a brawl is a team vs team fight. Not two separate 1v1's occurring at the same time. That's why it's called a "brawl". A brawl normally refers to a group fight. The word is often used when there are groups of people fighting at the same time. It's what the devs intended for 2v2 and 4v4.

Most people are going to go into such thinking it's a group fight, not an honor duel twice (2v2) or 4 separate honor duels (4v4). That's all i'm really getting at. Call me what you will, I don't really mind.

Nah, you're fine, he calls anyone who plays different than him names. He wants people to respect the way he wants to play while offering no respect for anyone who plays different than him and doesn't see the cognitive dissonance going on...at all.

AKDagriZ
02-21-2017, 06:02 PM
OK . its a BRAWL so expect it !!

On the other hand if you finished your oponent and you reach your teammate and the fight is almost over .Let them fight to the end especialy if they are both low on energy.But dont let the enemy execute your buddy !! That is totally unhonorable

BUT THERE IS THIS NOTHING WRONG WITH INTERFERING.ive been in military infantry and we learn to fight and kill by every means.Only on thing matter winning and not dying.But again if you witness a very intense 1 vs 1 maybe let them fight to the end but that is up to you.

If you go 2 vs 1 do it in a civil way.Turn this into a good looking 2 vs 1 . take a good position around the enemy and work in team with your teammate.

In dominion please never be a bystander that is the most dumbest thing i came accross.You need to finish your opponent as quick as you can you are wasting precious time.If there is only one player left alive on the other side Please let him have a decent death.By that im saying Dont gank him. 3 guys around spamming light attack all at the same time.Of course you can attack 3 vs 1 but keep it in the art of fighting

Me im craving 1 vs 2 it is the aspect of the game i like the most

If you dont like be in 1 vs 2 in brawl it ok it is your right but dont whine about it.Even BOT go 2 vs 1 in brawl .2 vs 2 is intended to end 2 vs 1 !!!!!!!!

to me people who want to 1 v 1 in a brawl fight are those who are there to bright and shine they only want other player to see them fight ....it is a bit narcisism

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Then feel free to play with them. Just don't expect them to follow your mad up half *** code of conduct.

Tugglifelivin
02-21-2017, 06:40 PM
I will be honorable in 2v2s, unless the enemy isn't then I won't be. However in 4v4, it is kill or be killed!

in 1v1 ill never push you off a ledge and in 2v2 ill respect the ones and not push but in a 4v4 ill ask my teammates if the want me to respect or run in and kill em quickly even though i hate doing it i agree in 4v4 theres no point because everyone else will

Brave_Thunder
02-21-2017, 06:40 PM
People want only to win sadly.Imagine what cluster**** brawls and dm will become with rankeds...that's why I stick to 1v1.Many truly play this game as it was real life.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 06:45 PM
Uhm, when last I checked the entire point of the match is to win. You can attempt to spin this however you'd like to spin it, but they keep score for a reason. To establish a winner and a loser. Your holier than thou attitude towards players who don't follow your stupid code is the problem with this game. 1v1 means that you're NEVER going to get double teamed. 2v2 means you might get one more player there trying to kill you. Now before you spout of about that being dishonorable, If Ubisoft didn't intend it to happen this way then please explain to me why the bots immediately 2v1 player characters. Because that's the design. 4v4 is by nature just that. 4 players. Fighting 4 other players. If you don't want people to attack you when you're fighting someone else then 1v1 is your place to play honorably.

This is moronic. I'm in a 4v4 dominion, but I only want to 1v1 in a 4v4 content. That's simply stupid and you're the problem. Not those folks who are actually playing the game as intended. It's a simple concept. You can't capture a point if you're dead. If we kill your entire team by execution we will have about 7-10 seconds to capture all the points that we currently don't have. If you're breaking or we're breaking, and we kill your team and get an advantage, you can rest assured that the 3 people who are chasing that one person left aren't thinking "Boy I hope I'm the lucky guy who gets to 1v1 this guy at the end" because that's stupid.

Play the content that fits your game style and stop forcing your stupid low end thinking on others.

If you have fun ganking people in 3v1, by all means do so. I for one, and others here that might be more extreme on the "Honor" slider would rather have a good fight, win or lose, and be able to say "yup, I had a good game, I had fun".

This. This I can 100% agree with.

Brave_Thunder
02-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Uhm, when last I checked the entire point of the match is to win. You can attempt to spin this however you'd like to spin it, but they keep score for a reason. To establish a winner and a loser. Your holier than thou attitude towards players who don't follow your stupid code is the problem with this game.

Indeed,the objective is to win.But for someone,win is the only objective.For others,what matters is how you win,not the victory itself.You won't improve ganking people 3v1,however your're free to do so.Just like I'm free to take my PK in those few sad matches that the quest tells you to play and just run around.Have fun waiting for 5 mins till the round ends,just because "it's a stupid code to wait and see who's the best fighter".

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 07:04 PM
I hope you queue into my game frequently when I run duels. You're removed a portion of your toolkit to take me out. I'm not interested in limiting my move set because you have some sense of "Honor" about throwing someone off the cliff. I'm going to do what I have to do to come out on top. If that means I throw you off the cliff. Stand by to splat man.

in 1v1 ill never push you off a ledge

Again, same as before. I hope that you queue into my brawls, because then I know that I'm going to be able to have an advantage every time you're playing on the other team. My partner and I can effectively 2v1 the entire match.

2v2 ill respect the ones and not push

I hope you and your friends play against me in 4v4 as well. I love when people come into the game and limit themselves to only doing part of the game while we're using the entire tool kit we have.

iIn a 4v4 ill ask my teammates if the want me to respect or run in and kill em quickly even though i hate doing it i agree in 4v4 theres no point because everyone else will

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 07:18 PM
I don't really care how you get the win. There is no ugly win column. There is no "Lacking Honor" win column. Why? I'd venture to guess because the game is operating as intended. If you're in a 2v2 and you expect a 1v1 then your expectations are the cause of your frustration not my play style in said 2v2. In a 4v4 match, you shouldn't expect a 1v1. If you do, again your expectations are once again setting you up for failure.

Indeed,the objective is to win.But for someone,win is the only objective.For others,what matters is how you win,not the victory itself.

I disagree. In fact, I fail to see how singling out your enemy and taking them on with an advantage in a 4v4 mode doesn't make you a better team player. I'd love you to explain to me how that doesn't progress the game from a perspective of team play, winning and doing so rapidly. It's a simple concept.

1v1 Duel: You versus your opponent. Best of luck.
2v2 Brawl: Your team of two players versus the other team of two players. May the best team win. First team to have zero people left alive loses.
4v4 Elimination: Your team of four players versus the other team of four players with boosts sporadically strewn about the map. First team to have zero people left alive loses.
4v4 Skirmish: Your team of four players versus the other team of four players with minions fighting in the "central" point of the map to create pathing issues. First team to have zero people left alive loses.
4v4 Dominion: Your team of four players versus the other team of four players with minions fighting in the center of the map while you try to control specific points along the map. First team to have zero people left alive loses.

Did you notice that every single game mode has a single outcome that decides the outcome of the game? First team to have zero people left alive loses.

Dominion you can get to breaking down 1000 to 100 and win. Why? First team to have zero people left alive loses.

See the theme yet?

You won't improve ganking people 3v1,however your're free to do so.J

Sure. It's a tactic that works. I'm not telling you how to play. See there's the difference here. You're implying that my way of playing isn't okay with you, while I'm saying you play the game your way and rock it out.

Distinct difference there, that I think is going misunderstood.

Just like I'm free to take my PK in those few sad matches that the quest tells you to play and just run around.Have fun waiting for 5 mins till the round ends,just because "it's a stupid code to wait and see who's the best fighter".

NeoVidia
02-21-2017, 07:21 PM

Maybe because I'm with a friend and we like to play together?

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 07:28 PM
So you know you're going into a game mode that is designed to be a 2v2 battle because you want to play with your friend and you're effectively asking everyone else to change the rules of the game because you want to play with your friend. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. You have walked into a lobby in which the rules are clearly defined and have set your set of expectations for those already playing in that mode that DO NOT want to play by your "rules of honor."

See this is what frustrates me and honestly just pisses me off. People seem to think that because they don't like the standards or rules that they're going to effectively change the rules for everyone else. 2v2 is just that. 2 players on two teams fighting it out. You don't get more points for standing and watching, and if you're on my team I'm finding a new lobby when we're done.

You want to play with your friend. You DO NOT want to "Lose" honor, sounds like custom match is the place for you and your friend.

Maybe because I'm with a friend and we like to play together?

TCTF_SWAT
02-21-2017, 07:29 PM
I just flip the switch when I want to assist or not.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Then feel free to explain to me why when you're going against an AI it does that very thing? Oh I know why. Because that's the intent of the game mode. You're just unable to realize the design wasn't as you intended it to be.

There's a difference between playing a 2v2 to win and playing a 2v2 with honor. Not saying either is better or worse, but if in a 2v2 if you kill your foe and then rush in the double team the next guy you are being dishonorable.

BetterDenYouX
02-21-2017, 07:44 PM

It just isn't respectful and IMO makes you look bad. I understand that this is a game, but in real life you dont see UFC fighters taking on two other fighters. Mostly in street fights either, with the exception of getting jumped. The morality of the situations roll over the the game world. Some people have the same mindset of respecting a 1v1 when possible. But, like I said earlier, at the end of the day it's just a game and if you want to team up and get the easy kill so be it. I've gone super sayian and killed 2v1 against me in brawl matches before so it's not like that game doesn't give you tools to help yourself.

Brave_Thunder
02-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Sure. It's a tactic that works. I'm not telling you how to play. See there's the difference here. You're implying that my way of playing isn't okay with you, while I'm saying you play the game your way and rock it out.

I'm not telling you how to play either.You're free to pursue your victory at any cost,this doesn't mean that I agree with that.I'm only sayng that your same will to get a victory at all cost will cause you to have less fun if you find players like me,since they'll not play the dirty gank game and they'll simply run away.Do you really value victory more than fun?If so,power to you.

suboptiml
02-21-2017, 07:52 PM
It's "For Honor", not "With Honor".

forrest0755
02-21-2017, 08:39 PM
I play with honor but not your kind of honor. I see honor in helping teammates when needed. I won't step in and help if I see them winning, because then I will just get in the way, but if they are about to die, I will help. I see saving a teammate as the honorable thing to do. No soldier left behind.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
02-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Personally in 2v2(brawl mode) I never go for 2v1 only if opponents don't respect this. In elimination also I leave the last one of enemy team to go 1v1 again I only intervene if the opponent's don't respect the. In dominion mode is a massacre

Munktor
02-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Do what you will, I'm not telling you how to play, but there is no such thing as "winning" or "losing" an individual fight. You can be victorious against a full health foe while you have a sliver remaining. I've won fights in such a way and I've been on the opposite side of such fights. Yesterday I was doing the brawl order with my friend and I had low, low health and my foe had around 75% health and my friend ran up to him saying "Ima help you!" and I said "no! no! no! I'm practicing, don't help!" and he stopped right as he touched the enemy, without hitting him (just running in to him). And to my surprise I was actually able to kill the enemy. It was pretty amazing and made my heart rush and gave me a great sense of accomplishment. That would not have happened if I was not on the mic with him and he decided to help me out because he thought it was the right thing to do.

As nifty of a story as that is, you do understand that you're trying to dictate how others play...right?

forrest0755
02-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Do what you will, I'm not telling you how to play, but there is no such thing as "winning" or "losing" an individual fight. You can be victorious against a full health foe while you have a sliver remaining. I've won fights in such a way and I've been on the opposite side of such fights. Yesterday I was doing the brawl order with my friend and I had low, low health and my foe had around 75% health and my friend ran up to him saying "Ima help you!" and I said "no! no! no! I'm practicing, don't help!" and he stopped right as he touched the enemy, without hitting him (just running in to him). And to my surprise I was actually able to kill the enemy. It was pretty amazing and made my heart rush and gave me a great sense of accomplishment. That would not have happened if I was not on the mic with him and he decided to help me out because he thought it was the right thing to do.

That is nice, but a few problems. One, most people dont have mics, and cant tell me to stop. If someone did, I would nt intervene, but since most cant, there is no way for me to know. Two, in 4v4 modes, I may need that person alive. If I let my teammate die, I may become outnumbered in elimination, or may be outnumbered in a fight during domination and we will lose the zone. Putting you need for honor over the team can be selfish.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 10:10 PM
So now you're not telling me how to play, you're just telling me how much I'll enjoy it? Stop. It's pretty simple. I play the game to kill you. If I do it with 1 person, 2 people or 3 people and we win. I'm going to enjoy it. Knowing that you're butt hurt about it makes it even that much more enjoyable.

I think that's what you and the rest of your no fun league folks are missing is that I'm not in this to measure *****' I'm here to win the game at hand. First one to kill the other team wins. You're just not getting that and that's the major malfunction with your stance.

I'm not telling you how to play either.You're free to pursue your victory at any cost,this doesn't mean that I agree with that.I'm only sayng that your same will to get a victory at all cost will cause you to have less fun if you find players like me,since they'll not play the dirty gank game and they'll simply run away.

Winning is fun. See that's what you're missing. I don't care what my kill death ratio is. At the end of the day winning the game is fun. If it wasn't an integral part of the game then why keep score? Why not just set up a timer and then have the game end amicably and everyone shakes hands and pats each other on the back at the end and goes their separate ways.

Strategy. It's a fundamental component in the game, and while you're railing about the 3v1 or 2v1 that cost you your last position, my team and I are calculating how to take that next point and push your team farther and farther behind on the scoreboard. While you're calling me an honorless dog, myself and my other teammates are looking for your next teammate that's going to get smashed in route to our next team objective.

Do you really value victory more than fun?If so,power to you.

Let me ask you a serious question. Why do you play the objective modes or team modes if you're only concerned about the method that the fights will happen. You can't control them. No matter how hard you try to brow beat, rant and rave, or just poke at whats being done people will continue the tactics you're unhappy with because it's a viable technique to win. To me it sounds like you're much better off playing in the 1v1 lobby and telling the player you just beat 5 games in a row you're better than they are. Team based games have team based strategies and you're unhappy with that. Why belittle others to meet your myopic belief of how a team game should be played?

xXl Plan B lXx
02-21-2017, 10:21 PM
And there in lies your problem. You went to a gun fight and brought a knife. Yeah bad analogy as the entire game is played with knives. Its 2v2, it's not a 4 team tournament where the two winners advance to the next round and fight each other. It's a team game. Two players playing together as a team. If that means that their strategy is to fight you 1v1 and the two winners fight you 1v1, then so be it. It also means that if they don't do that you need to adapt your strategy.

Just because you have an expectation of something doesn't make it right. I'll fight 1v1 in a 2v2 if that's what happens. I'll also smack the hell out of everyone if I need to as well. One example is if I get the quest that says I need to have 15 take downs in brawl. Now lets say I'm the best player in the world and I'm totally unbeatable, I'm not but for the sake of argument lets, it would take me 15 games to complete that. Or ..... I could run over and wipe your guy two and get 6 per game knocking it down to 3. That means it's two less games and 15 less minutes for that quest.

I'm purely talking 2v2. In any 4v4 mode it's anyone's game. But when I play Brawl I see it as 2 duels.

I don't know if it's you specifically that is doing it but telling others they're less than honorable or not playing it right because they're not doing it like you, IS telling someone else how to play. Many are doing it and it's just unacceptable.

My son and I were playing in a 2v2 this weekend. They were kicking my ***. They were better than me. We were down 2-0. I finally won a match in round 3 and my son won his as well. The next round I pushed the guy off the bridge. My son wins again. 2-2! Nice we're making a comeback!!! The next round I push my guy off again. I literally wait on the bridge and made him come to me.

After the round I get a message that says "You cheesed that man! No one throws someone off in the 5th fight." Really? I missed that in the notes somewhere. People take this entire honor, rule set and community standards thing WAY too far. It's a simple concept. It's not hard to follow. If Ubisoft didn't intend for the 2v2 to have 2v1s in it then why do the BOTS 2v1?

Munktor, I'm not telling anyone how to play. I specifically said that as my opening statement.

Why? It's a viable strategy. You're saying that their overpowering you is dishonorable. Well you died and honorable death and you lost. How'd that go for you? Not well. Duel is a 1v1. Brawl is a 2v2. If your friend dies its 2v1.

I don't care as much when both of my enemies try to attack me, though I do see it as dishonor on their part. Again, this is just because I see Brawl as a double-duel as opposed to a 2v2 Elimination.

Sakkaros
02-21-2017, 10:22 PM
Asking Millenials to be honorable.... LOL.

Mighty_NalydIX
02-21-2017, 10:25 PM
My general rule of thumb :

2vs2 :
-I will let people 1vs1
-I will use ledge if they are at disposal but I won't camp them and try luring my opponent in them, and also, I won't start a fight surrounded by ledges if there are other options available. If the constant repositioning brings us near a ledge/spike/geyser/etc., I'll take advantage of it.
-I consider revenge fair game.

4vs4 elimination :
-I will gank and take bonuses whenever I can.
-I will face my initial opponent before running away in search for bonuses.
-If it's a landslide (4vs1), I will let the last survivor duel his opponent at least to save face. If my teammate dies, welp, at least you managed to take one of us with you in your grave, but you're still going to die from the remaining 3 of us tho.

4vs4 Dominion :
-It's a bloody war with people fighting left and right. There is no place for duels or symmetrical fight here.

Note that I haven't used the word honor once yet.

-If you're the type of person to go for the 2vs1 in a brawl, camp ledges or whatever, I don't mind if this has been made clear in the very first round by your behavior or by words.
The only moment I will consider someone dishonorable and a coward is if they agree to the rule of 1on1 but decides to gank as soon as things don't go their way. Same thing if you're losing while going for a gank method at the very first round then ask to duel 1on1 if you start losing. You don't change the rules midgame.

So basically, for me, honor have to do with how you behave and conform to what you say/ how you act. Being dishonorable is the equivalent of being an hypocrite.
There is no room to complain about a person not being honorable if he already stated how he'll play.

The only "honorable rule" I will go for is the rule of 1on1, if you're the type of person to add some more restriction like "no throwing off ledges" or "no revenge" you better bloody say it during the first round, if you do, I'll comply and play along, if you wait for the second or third round before whining about it. I'm not granting you anything.

Dabeat.
02-21-2017, 10:32 PM
I swear to god, if the game didn't have "honor" in the title no one would be talking about this. It's not a duel, it's a brawl. There are 1vX mechanics in the game, the tutorial teaches you about them. People play any way they want to and no way is less honorable than the other. You thinking you're on a moral high ground and your opponents are dishonorable because they didn't employ your strategy is ****ing stupid. The only thing I have a problem with if the other guy waits and lets you 1v1, but then kills you while you're executing. No point in waiting other than that you're a jerk at that point. But if it happens it happens, I'm not gonna go make forum topics about it.

So, you know who in this game is "honorable"? Anyone who doesn't cheat or exploit bugs and plays the game within the boundaries intended by the developers.

AKDagriZ
02-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Let me ask you a serious question. Why do you play the objective modes or team modes if you're only concerned about the method that the fights will happen. You can't control them. No matter how hard you try to brow beat, rant and rave, or just poke at whats being done people will continue the tactics you're unhappy with because it's a viable technique to win. To me it sounds like you're much better off playing in the 1v1 lobby and telling the player you just beat 5 games in a row you're better than they are. Team based games have team based strategies and you're unhappy with that. Why belittle others to meet your myopic belief of how a team game should be played?[/QUOTE]

in fact those kind of player want to play 1v1 in 2v2 match .They actualy hope their teammate will die.Like this he have an audience to show how they ''shine'' in fight and how they will kill the guy who just killed you with little energy left.

I agree on giving the opportunity in all 4v4 mode to let the last guy standing a chance to die decently ..4 guy ganking 1 last dude is ugly.

AKDagriZ
02-21-2017, 11:24 PM
My general rule of thumb :

2vs2 :
-I will let people 1vs1
-I will use ledge if they are at disposal but I won't camp them and try luring my opponent in them, and also, I won't start a fight surrounded by ledges if there are other options available. If the constant repositioning brings us near a ledge/spike/geyser/etc., I'll take advantage of it.
-I consider revenge fair game.

4vs4 elimination :
-I will gank and take bonuses whenever I can.
-I will face my initial opponent before running away in search for bonuses.
-If it's a landslide (4vs1), I will let the last survivor duel his opponent at least to save face. If my teammate dies, welp, at least you managed to take one of us with you in your grave, but you're still going to die from the remaining 3 of us tho.

4vs4 Dominion :
-It's a bloody war with people fighting left and right. There is no place for duels or symmetrical fight here.

Note that I haven't used the word honor once yet.

-If you're the type of person to go for the 2vs1 in a brawl, camp ledges or whatever, I don't mind if this has been made clear in the very first round by your behavior or by words.
The only moment I will consider someone dishonorable and a coward is if they agree to the rule of 1on1 but decides to gank as soon as things don't go their way. Same thing if you're losing while going for a gank method at the very first round then ask to duel 1on1 if you start losing. You don't change the rules midgame.

So basically, for me, honor have to do with how you behave and conform to what you say/ how you act. Being dishonorable is the equivalent of being an hypocrite.
There is no room to complain about a person not being honorable if he already stated how he'll play.

The only "honorable rule" I will go for is the rule of 1on1, if you're the type of person to add some more restriction like "no throwing off ledges" or "no revenge" you better bloody say it during the first round, if you do, I'll comply and play along, if you wait for the second or third round before whining about it. I'm not granting you anything.

its kinda really well said.But please dont let your teammate being executed that is totaly dumb for ''honor''.How would you feel about that in (real life) witness the slaughering of your brother in arm ???

Most of people assume brawl match will be a fair 1v1 duel against 4 guy.Where in the world that idea come from ????

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 12:11 AM
Let me ask you a serious question. Why do you play the objective modes or team modes if you're only concerned about the method that the fights will happen. You can't control them. No matter how hard you try to brow beat, rant and rave, or just poke at whats being done people will continue the tactics you're unhappy with because it's a viable technique to win. To me it sounds like you're much better off playing in the 1v1 lobby and telling the player you just beat 5 games in a row you're better than they are. Team based games have team based strategies and you're unhappy with that. Why belittle others to meet your myopic belief of how a team game should be played?

That's exactly what I do.Duels are 99% of the games that I play,rarely I play Dominion or elimination just for the quests.Just like you,I play the game to kill people.If people come at me in more than a 1v1,I run,because they can't die(unless you do a proper revenge build,and as a duel player I don't have the time nor the will to do that).Mine wasn't a rant,just a point of wiew from someone that plays pretty much only duels, on all this modes.Strategy is for the weak to me.2v1 means to me: I haven't the skill to fight you in a fair fight,so I'll just gank you with my teammate.I'm happy that finally,after way too many competitive games(mobas,ow,cs,r6) we have a 1v1 mode,where you can take all the teamwork and strategy and throw it out of the window.4v4 could be just like fight clubs on the souls games...well,I imagine the only thing I have to do is find good music to listen while running,since 2 days on 3 you have a quest about dm/Dominion.

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 12:15 AM
I use to be honorable, and I still will be if I notice the enemy team being honorable, but once I noticed everyone just treating the game like a FFA, I kind of realized that you have to do the same if you're going to win.

Leon026
02-22-2017, 12:15 AM
its kinda really well said.But please dont let your teammate being executed that is totaly dumb for ''honor''.How would you feel about that in (real life) witness the slaughering of your brother in arm ???

He was probably too weak anyways. Why save the crippled?

And besides - win what? The glory of the screen that says "VICTORY 3-2"? If that victory loading screen is so important, then I feel like there are other things that are more important - considering there are little to no benefits what so ever as it currently stands.

forrest0755
02-22-2017, 12:36 AM
He was probably too weak anyways. Why save the crippled?

And besides - win what? The glory of the screen that says "VICTORY 3-2"? If that victory loading screen is so important, then I feel like there are other things that are more important - considering there are little to no benefits what so ever as it currently stands.

Wow, claim to be honorable, yet call people cripple and insult people for losing, or "Being weak." In war, there are few things more dishonorable than letting fellow soldiers die.

SnueGliffer
02-22-2017, 01:05 AM
There's nothing quite as annoying as somebody who tries to enforce a list of rules they've made up onto other people playing the game. I get it, being ganked isn't fun, but if you can't handle it then you shouldn't be playing 4v4. What's the point in playing a team based game mode if you have no interest in working together as a team? A certain system has been put in place for a reason but there's always someone who wants to go around it and say "no you can't do that, I don't like it". Well so what? The rest of us have to just listen to you because you can't handle the idea of having to work together with other people? Just go and play duels, you clearly aren't cut out for this game mode.

zeratul__12
02-22-2017, 11:29 AM
I swear to god, if the game didn't have "honor" in the title no one would be talking about this. It's not a duel, it's a brawl. There are 1vX mechanics in the game, the tutorial teaches you about them. People play any way they want to and no way is less honorable than the other. You thinking you're on a moral high ground and your opponents are dishonorable because they didn't employ your strategy is ****ing stupid. The only thing I have a problem with if the other guy waits and lets you 1v1, but then kills you while you're executing. No point in waiting other than that you're a jerk at that point. But if it happens it happens, I'm not gonna go make forum topics about it.

So, you know who in this game is "honorable"? Anyone who doesn't cheat or exploit bugs and plays the game within the boundaries intended by the developers.

OK Ive had enough of this, this topic has kind spiraled out of control from what the topic was about.

I wasnt looking to say "everyone should fight with honor because I know best/ what is right".

I was looking for people who made it THEIR own choice to fight fairly/honorably, yes the bloody game is designed to have players gang up or swarm players but its up to the individual player whether they do it or not.

Also pretty much every mode is capable of playing with "honor", but I do agree that Skirmish and Dominion are complete cluster****s so I understand why 'honor' would be forgoed.

Mighty_NalydIX
02-22-2017, 03:05 PM

Most of people assume brawl match will be a fair 1v1 duel against 4 guy.Where in the world that idea come from ????

At that point It has nothing to do about me but my teammate.
-If he's asking me for help, I will and the game will turn into a real brawl for the remaining rounds
-If he doesn't then I'll just let him 1vs1 and if he dies, I'll take care of the rest

However, like as said previously, if he says he will handle it but asks for help when he starts losing. Mmmm, no.

Also it has nothing to do with real life, it's a game, so this point is irrelevant.

Derity
02-22-2017, 03:25 PM
I don't play any mode apart from 1v1 (unless I'm doing orders), simply because I like to play honourable matches.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 05:09 PM
See here is where you went totally out of bounds. You were given tools to actually combat that situation. Use them. Revenge mode is exactly what this is for. You, and many others like you, are all up in arms about honor and code and stupidity that to me just makes no sense. Clearly Ubisoft believes them to be a team game. Play against a duo in Brawl and watch what happens when your teammate you're playing with goes down. The [BOT] comes over and starts trying to kill you. The plain and simple fact of the matter is that 1v1 is the [B]ONLY game mode where you should expect to have a 1v1 fight. If you're expecting it in ANYTHING other than that mode then you're your own problem, as your expectations don't meet the reality of the game.

2v1 means to me: I haven't the skill to fight you in a fair fight,so I'll just gank you with my teammate.

I agree. I think that far too often games have left off the opportunity to not have to play with randoms. It's why I like the 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 concepts. If it's just me I'll play any of the mixed game modes, but I'll often duel because its the most sure fire way I'll get a good teammate, which is by not having one. If I need an order or two I'll move around the others.

I'm happy that finally,after way too many competitive games(mobas,ow,cs,r6) we have a 1v1 mode,where you can take all the teamwork and strategy and throw it out of the window.4v4 could be just like fight clubs on the souls games...well,

Interestingly enough, I feel the opposite. I seem to constantly get Brawl, Duel and Elimination games. In fact, the most recent ones I had required me to play with a friend in Brawl, and to win elimination matches.

I imagine the only thing I have to do is find good music to listen while running,since 2 days on 3 you have a quest about dm/Dominion.

DeLatv
02-22-2017, 05:19 PM
2v2 with honor is more fun than 1v1, cos u got more opponets, with diffirent skills. Its not chill and more champion variety, than warden, warlord, orochi in 1v1s...

PokerMan2017
02-22-2017, 05:23 PM
1 vs 1 is honorable everything else is free 4all
if they didnt want to get jumped or there fight interrupted then they should do
1 vs 1 as soon as i see a teammateis dead
i try n watch my back as much as possible..

Sirrkas
02-22-2017, 06:33 PM
That's why samurai and knights both disliked certain forms of combat, namely arqubusiers or archers. They called them cowardly and dishonorable and believed their way of fighting was superior and more upright.

It makes sense for a knight to call arches inferior. Since they are the elite warriors of their societies, with the best available equipment, they are on the top of the ranking and would beat up all others in melee combat. But they still could get injured by a single random arrow, that hits a weakspot in their armor. It surely is not good for ones ego, to get hit by an arrow and being forced to retreat from battle, not being able to show off your awesome equipment and fighting techniques. Stroking it by saying, the other is just inferior scum, not being able to face one mano el mano, is good for the ego again.

I see the same often ingame. The brawl opponent starts trying to push me into spikewalls or begins a 2vs1 and as soon as you do the same to him, they start to call one dishonorable and being a horrible person. I don't see what else they want to achieve by that other than stroking their own ego and making themselves feel better. Because the other was inferior and had to play "unfair" to win, even though, they were using the same tactic first.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Samurai disliked archers? Wtf.

Sirrkas
02-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Samurai disliked archers? Wtf.

Oh, I didnīt notice that. They were archers themselves. I am pretty sure, they did not commit seppuku after every battle.

Furholden
02-22-2017, 07:02 PM
I've said it before but..

Fleeing, believe me or not, has won me MANY matches. I just fled and went to revive my teammates. Or camp a cliff to ward off any people chasing me, then continue to flee and try to find opportunities to revive my teammates or group up with them and gank the player chasing me.

And believe me i have had a ton of fun doing it. You are not expected to finish off the opponents you are put to face against. If you think you're going to lose the duel, just run and group up.

The game becomes so monotone if you attempt to act like you've got honor. 2v2 brawls become like a relay and its just so boring to play, with absolutely zero strategy and teamwork. I swear these guys who act like they're honorable just can't fight a 1v2 battle. I've also managed to kill two other players trying to gank me and that's skill. 2v2 and 4v4 brawls are where players of this caliber duke it out. Not "carebear 1v1 honor duels" in a 2v2 or 4v4 setting.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 07:06 PM

Fleeing, believe me or not, has won me MANY matches. I just fled and went to revive my teammates. Or camp a cliff to ward off any people chasing me, then continue to flee and try to find opportunities to revive my teammates or group up with them and gank the player chasing me.

And believe me i have had a ton of fun doing it. You are not expected to finish off the opponents you are put to face against. If you think you're going to lose the duel, just run and group up.

The game becomes so monotone if you attempt to act like you've got honor. 2v2 brawls become like a relay and its just so boring to play, with absolutely zero strategy and teamwork. I swear these guys who act like they're honorable just can't fight a 1v2 battle. I've also managed to kill two other players trying to gank me and that's skill. 2v2 and 4v4 brawls are where players of this caliber duke it out. Not "carebear 1v1 honor duels" in a 2v2 or 4v4 setting.

The problem is that most people don't realize the point of playing honorably. It's not so that you can trashtalk others for playing the other way. It's not an excuse for losing 1v2. It's not to brag about it on forums and complain about how everyone else isn't honorable like you. It's just to make the game more interesting and fun for you and your opponents as you follow your code.

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 07:20 PM

The point is not in the lack of skill in fighting 1v2 battles.The point is in the happening of the 1v2 itself.I'll reverse the question and ask:do you really have so low trust in yourself that you have to rely upon a 2v1 to win?Because so seems to me:a disrespect to your combat skills.I've yet got the answer against gankers:see them,run away,gl catching my full speed build pk,then I'll see they tilt rather than me.It's just sad that so many praise this playstile,when making the game boring is the only thing that it brings.

SnueGliffer
02-22-2017, 08:00 PM
The problem is that most people don't realize the point of playing honorably. It's not so that you can trashtalk others for playing the other way. It's not an excuse for losing 1v2. It's not to brag about it on forums and complain about how everyone else isn't honorable like you. It's just to make the game more interesting and fun for you and your opponents as you follow your code.

This where it's all about preferences though. To you the game is more interesting by following your own personal code but to me it isn't. Duels are fun but it's the chaos of 4v4 that I enjoy the most. It's the same reason I liked PvP servers in MMOs, I find it more fun when things are more dangerous. If I wanted a fair test of skill I'd simply just play 1v1. That's not to say I will NEVER 1v1 in Dominion or Deathmatch, most of the fights I have are against 1 person. It's that I like the idea of rushing in to save a teammate or getting jumped by 3 people and having to hold them off till backup arrives. It makes the game more interesting and more team focused rather than we all take turns to 1v1 each other. It's the same thing in Dark Souls, people set up duels and talk about "honor" in battles but to me the game was most fun when I'd invade somebody and I'd block their path with a greatshield on a narrow runway or I hide and wait to ambush them when they least expect it and vice versa, I'd find it more fun when my opponent played more unpredictably.

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 08:05 PM
I am, unless the enemy team isn't, in which case anything goes.

One thing that I won't do is throw people off ledges. I won't encourage a design where players kill each other not because they outplayed them, but because the opponent couldn't counter break 1 of an infinite number of guard breaks.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 08:10 PM
This where it's all about preferences though. To you the game is more interesting by following your own personal code but to me it isn't. Duels are fun but it's the chaos of 4v4 that I enjoy the most. It's the same reason I liked PvP servers in MMOs, I find it more fun when things are more dangerous. If I wanted a fair test of skill I'd simply just play 1v1. That's not to say I will NEVER 1v1 in Dominion or Deathmatch, most of the fights I have are against 1 person. It's that I like the idea of rushing in to save a teammate or getting jumped by 3 people and having to hold them off till backup arrives. It makes the game more interesting and more team focused rather than we all take turns to 1v1 each other. It's the same thing in Dark Souls, people set up duels and talk about "honor" in battles but to me the game was most fun when I'd invade somebody and I'd block their path with a greatshield on a narrow runway or I hide and wait to ambush them when they least expect it and vice versa, I'd find it more fun when my opponent played more unpredictably.

I'm not saying everyone should apply some sort of honor code. I'm saying that "honorable" people themselves don't get the point of it. They do it and expect other people to do it too, and complain when they fail the expectations. You can ask your opponents not to team up if you want to be honorable without putting yourself at a disadvantage, but you don't blame someone for not following a code that you made up for yourself. And yes, personally I barely ever follow any kind of code in 4v4 fights. I completely agree with you on that part. It's mostly 2v2's that I apply my honor code to, but even there I don't expect anyone else to do so.

littlewolf599
02-22-2017, 08:15 PM
I under stand chaos in 4v4, but when i play 2v2, i let my partner do their battle. I like to give good players a chance to win if they can beat 2 targets.

Fuqbois
02-22-2017, 09:34 PM
For me duels and brawls its where i'm honored, its the place to test your skills and outplay, i don't do enviromental kills or 2v1, i don't play just to win, i play to get better, test matchups.

But in elimination and dominion there is no honor, you want to win, you want to cap a point, save a teammate.