PDA

View Full Version : This game is Doomed

DaneW1999
02-20-2017, 04:10 PM
I really think ubisoft needs to patch the core mechanics of this game. As it stands there is never a reason to attack first. It is too easy to secure a garunteed hit on defense.

At high-level the only way to land a hit is to bait a parry, but this is fundamentally stupid game design. It ends up literally a game of chance whether you choose to parry the real attack or a feint. There is no way to tell which is which.

They need to remove guaranteed hits all together. Parries, blocks and guardbreaks should make it far harder for the person to defend the counterattack, but not impossible. This would lead to long, action-packed duels instead of stale, boring crap thats over as soon as someone gets bored enough to attack, get parried and die.

I'm enjoying this game atm because we are all new and make mistakes, meaning light offence is still somewhat viable against bad players. As time goes on, every match will be glorified rock paper scissors. Do I parry now or wait? Its just a guess.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 04:12 PM
At high-level the only way to land a hit is to bait a parry, but this is fundamentally stupid game design. It ends up literally a game of chance whether you choose to parry the real attack or a feint. There is no way to tell which is which.

This is literally the basis of every good fighting game. You need to have 50/50 chances on attacks, so that you can play mindgames. Not having those would mean the game is 100% defensive, yes.

DaneW1999
02-20-2017, 06:10 PM
This is literally the basis of every good fighting game. You need to have 50/50 chances on attacks, so that you can play mindgames. Not having those would mean the game is 100% defensive, yes.

That's literally not true. It is not the basis of every good fighting game that it is 100% luck. You also completely ignored the rest of my post.

Spriggs-25
02-20-2017, 06:25 PM
That's literally not true. It is not the basis of every good fighting game that it is 100% luck. You also completely ignored the rest of my post.

ur a ****ing idiot XD

MrForz
02-20-2017, 06:42 PM
The thing is: "Offense trumping defense" means that you're bound to take sizeable damage on the attacks that "makes attacking-first powerful" if there's such a thing, it would litterally mean that whoever got the most damaging combos that can combine with a 100% working opener will win. THIS will be bland. You're technically better equipped in defense so that you have no excuses if you're being outwitted by your opponent. The matter of never attacking has to be approached in a different manner. Giving meaning to block damage is one way I'd approach it.

Ragnar---
02-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Defense is the strongest thing in the game right now. There's no reason to be the aggressive player. Just feint > parry >guard break and repeat.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Defense is the strongest thing in the game right now. There's no reason to be the aggressive player. Just feint > parry >guard break and repeat.

Git gud

Hexos_
02-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Geez OP, you really should just play another game. Multiple threads spouting how things are "DOOMED" and "RUINED". Maybe For Honor isn't "For You"