PDA

View Full Version : Orochi's kit a little lacking

Allyrion8
02-20-2017, 03:33 PM
I think Orochi's kit is a little too simple. Orochi is my main, but I'm not asking for a buff since it can be adjusted in other ways to compensate.

Orochi doesn't have many combos and as a counter attacker I think they have few options. They are annoying to fight for the same reason they're not that good against more skilled players, they end up relying on spamming Light attacks.

You sidestep and light attack or you step in and double light attack. Against better players none of that will work much so you parry - gb - R2 and that's basically all you have except for some sidestep(deflect preferably) R1's in between.

While I love Riptide strike (step back one step and heavy attack), it's risky and a niche skill. Storm Rush isn't useless if you use it right and a good mix up, but it's a little lackluster when it's the only mix up.

I think Orochi could use a stamina attack. I think it's a little boring that as a counter attacker we can only punish with just an R2. There's also not many options to fool your opponent for an agile counter attacker. I think they should have at least another combo with guard break or something that disorients.

Just one would add a ton to the gameplay. You can adjust R1 spam some so counter attacking becomes preferable to just attacking after and interrupting.

Also it might be OP but can we make Storm Rush an unblockable if held down. It would remain parryable and be really obvious if held down anyway.

BadgerBadger25
02-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Orochi does have a really simple kit to be fair but let's not talk about buffing him haha, he's in a really good place despite how boring his kit is.

Funeragon
02-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah, imo it's has a normal balance. Some are above him, some below him.

T_Sesh
02-20-2017, 03:59 PM
The main problem with the Orochi is he doesn't have any offensive 50/50s beyond the same feints that other classes have. As a counter attacker, if he plays against someone particularly defensive, he has few options to open them up, as obviously his moveset is designed around countering. His only thing helping with this is his really fast zone attack that is almost as fast as the wardens. For this reason, for as popular as he is in duels and 1v1s, I think at best he would be considered mid-tier. Good for Dominion where you can count on your opponent attacking first in many situations.

CaptainGelo
02-20-2017, 04:06 PM
AHJAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
good one good one, you ****ing weeb

Funeragon
02-20-2017, 04:07 PM
The main problem with the Orochi is he doesn't have any offensive 50/50s beyond the same feints that other classes have. As a counter attacker, if he plays against someone particularly defensive, he has few options to open them up, as obviously his moveset is designed around countering. His only thing helping with this is his really fast zone attack that is almost as fast as the wardens. For this reason, for as popular as he is in duels and 1v1s, I think at best he would be considered mid-tier. Good for Dominion where you can count on your opponent attacking first in many situations.

his aoe attack isn't even fast. Just hard to counter due to the bug. But yeah i agree

Allyrion8
02-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Orochi does have a really simple kit to be fair but let's not talk about buffing him haha, he's in a really good place despite how boring his kit is.

I think he should be adjusted so that he's a little harder to use while having more versatility.

Yeah, imo it's has a normal balance. Some are above him, some below him.

This isn't about how good he is. He's not good against better players and stomps noobs. I think his kit just isn't filled out.

I can agree though I want him to be less offensive. His main issue, I think, is being too predictable. He does need at least some way to open people up, but I think he can bait attacks and that's fine.